Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Does Internet Dating Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Internet Dating Work? (1291 Views)

Is Internet Dating Really Rubbish? / Does Internet Love Affair Lead To A Successful Marriage / All This Internet Dating, Does It Really Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Internet Dating Work? by dinnerm(f): 9:30pm On May 03, 2007
I MET THIS GUY AND HE CLAIMS HE'S IN LOVE WITH ME AND HE WANTS TO SPEND THE REST OF HIS LIFE WITH ME,I DON'T KNOW HIM AND I HAVE NEVER MET HIM,WILL IT WORK?
Re: Does Internet Dating Work? by Raymand(m): 9:48pm On May 03, 2007
It may be a scam, well if he starts asking for you to help him move money and shit, get smart.
Re: Does Internet Dating Work? by jesusfreak(f): 7:06pm On May 04, 2007
he's a scam

cos if he's never met u and doesnt even know u, y wuld he claim to want to spend the rest of his life with u?

be careful of these internet pests! angry wink
Re: Does Internet Dating Work? by cuteass1(f): 12:28am On May 07, 2007
@ poster

Some do, some don't . . different strokes for different folks wink Just be extremely careful and guarded. Look thoroughly before you leap. You never know where you'll meet "him" wink

My couz "met" her husband on phone, introduced by a friend, they exchanged pics, and later met after some months. If not for the love that had been developed over the phone she wouldn't have gone in for the relationship after meeting him. Today they're happily married!!!

Some are good at falling in love without physically meeting, some are not for the idea, some are just scams. Your case?? No one can tell for sure, just be careful!!
Re: Does Internet Dating Work? by uspry1(f): 5:19am On May 07, 2007
dinner m:

I MET THIS GUY AND HE CLAIMS HE'S IN LOVE WITH ME AND HE WANTS TO SPEND THE REST OF HIS LIFE WITH ME,I DON'T KNOW HIM AND I HAVE NEVER MET HIM,WILL IT WORK?

If you met this guy on the internet yesterday or 10 minutes ago, or 48 hours ago all the talking and all of sudden he claims that he's in love with you and definitely want you for the rest of his life, you don't know him not even met him personally!---it is maybe SCAM!!! Period!!!
Re: Does Internet Dating Work? by desorlah(f): 2:12pm On May 07, 2007
Just be careful kiss
Re: Does Internet Dating Work? by manulove(f): 2:47pm On May 07, 2007
Wait a minute,
                  You mean the two of you never went to places 2gether, never met each others friends, never even saw physically, all you did was send little notes via the net and he says he's in love ?? shocked Hm hm. undecided
    This is not a matter of been careful or anything like that. The guy does not know what he's talking abt. If i where you i'd politely shun him off and get someone else i can see physically!
     Now i'm not sayin dat relationships via the net cant work,No. As amatter of fact i have a friend dat got married that way. But, just that the guy can't be talking marriage when he doesn't even know you for real.  Maybe the two of you should meet first and then see if the "feelings" are still there. Besides you didn't say what you felt abt it all,
Re: Does Internet Dating Work? by ajayi1(m): 6:19pm On May 07, 2007
yyyyy
Re: Does Internet Dating Work? by Sundaisy(f): 8:40pm On May 07, 2007
@ dinner m,

I have been where u are a million times.  Well not literally but u get my point.  If u guys just met online and he is saying he loves u be careful, like everyone is saying.  There is no way a person can fall in love with u online that fast.  I am not going to lie Online dating can work, but u will go through 50 or more guys before u find the right one.  And than again it might not take that long.  

My current Boyfriend I met online. We were friend for about 5 months before we started dating.  That not a long time to say, but when u are talking on the phone everyother day for 4 to 5 hours you then really get to know a person. 

Just take you time have fun, and listen to what your gutt is telling u.  Good luck  smiley
Re: Does Internet Dating Work? by CrazyMan(m): 8:53pm On May 07, 2007
You yourself said you don’t know him and have never met him before. How do you expect any positive thing to come out of such relationship?
You don’t even know if he has a child, a lover or a fiancé.
What i thing is that he may just be interested in your body

If I were you, I would run for my life because 99% of people on the Internet are bloody liars.
Re: Does Internet Dating Work? by Sundaisy(f): 9:22pm On May 07, 2007
@crazykid,

Dude u must of been hurt to say that.
Re: Does Internet Dating Work? by afolayangs(m): 10:50am On May 08, 2007
Atimes it work if u reside in the same country/city/town

I am a living witness grin
Re: Does Internet Dating Work? by opuro(m): 11:55am On May 08, 2007
yes  it can work if u stays in agege and he is in mushin
         if the distance is much girl 4get it
Re: Does Internet Dating Work? by Godfathern(m): 12:53pm On May 08, 2007
while it is possible that it could be a scam, I want you to look at it this way: that guy knows what he wants and he could be the type that does nt believe in hide and seek. perhaps he is the type who believes in his instinct. play along and see how it goes, if he starts bringing in sex. then you know what he really wants. he may want to give u the right perspective of what he wants in the relationship and may be confident of his instinct. that he tells you he wants to spend the rest of his life with you so soon does not mean he is a scam. follow your heart, you never can tell,
Re: Does Internet Dating Work? by Godfathern(m): 12:59pm On May 08, 2007
jesusfreak:

because if he's never met u and doesnt even know u, y wuld he claim to want to spend the rest of his life with u?

Do you believe in intuition? if yes, then ur judgment is too hash, if no, you are excused.
Re: Does Internet Dating Work? by iice(f): 9:54am On May 09, 2007
hehehehe, delusions. Funny!! I believe you know what to do, because one can already deduce from your post that you are skeptical of his love for you.
Re: Does Internet Dating Work? by inze(m): 12:48pm On May 09, 2007
2 words for you gurl,

Be Careful.

(1) (Reply)

Age Difference Between A Man And Woman In Marriage? Does It Really Matter? / I Am 16.being Dating Since12.(one Guy) / A Serious Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.