Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,223 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Wooing (Toasting) a Lady - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wooing (Toasting) a Lady (16701 Views)

3 Things To Avoid When Toasting A Girl / Toasting A Lady, Share How You Were Turned Down / Problems With Toasting A Lady In Midst Of Her Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by pkrix(m): 4:06pm On Jun 20, 2005
the best procedures for wooing a lady

After careful analysis of ladies and their reactions whenever an unfamiliar guy approaches with or without an intention to woo, I hereby outline for my guys in the house a reliable procedures that bring them at least a 90 percent success in their escapes to get that "chick" or those "chicks"

First: be humble and apologize for disturbing the lady even though it is not disturbance one bit to her.

Second: don't ask after her name nor tell her yours.

Third: claim that her beauty actually attracted you.

Fourth: explain you will not want to miss a beauty emblem she is and that's why you are doing it (the wooing); the fact that you just saw her notwithstanding.

Fifth: then use you brain and act according to the flow (her relation) from her too.

If you do it this way (ask the ladies in the house), you are guaranteed a 90% success because the lady will respect you "approach" which matters a lot in the act of wooing.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by legs(f): 4:18pm On Jun 20, 2005
CRITIQUE OF PKRIX PROCEDURES
First Stage: excessive humility smacks of insincerity; an ample dose of confidence will get you anywhere (ok not exactly anywhere) so far as u are not rude
Second Stage: why on earth would i want to talk to a stranger who does not think its necessary to intro duce himself (particularly in these days of gbomo-gbomo!)
Third & Fourth Stage: soooooooooooooo played out!
Fifth Stage: after everything i've explained it wont be unreasonable to suggest that there might not actually be a fifth stage....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by IAH(f): 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2005
Best procedure? Flaunt your fat pocket. If you've got it, flaunt it. grin
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Vieira(m): 4:32pm On Jun 20, 2005
legs:

CRITIQUE OF PKRIX PROCEDURES
First Stage: excessive humility smacks of insincerity; an ample dose of confidence will get you anywhere (ok not exactly anywhere) so far as you are not rude
Second Stage: why on earth would I want to talk to a stranger who does not think its necessary to intro duce himself (particularly in these days of gbomo-gbomo!)
Third & Fourth Stage: soooooooooooooo played out!
Fifth Stage: after everything I've explained it wont be unreasonable to suggest that there might not actually be a fifth stage....

very good critique and I agree with it all.

I would add to number one that by going in all apologetic you are putting yourself in a losing position already. Be assertive!

I go in 100% no messing about and straight to the point, she will either tell me to get lost or give me her number!
Confidence is a great attracttor of the opposite sex!
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Seun(m): 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2005
Here's my own 'analysis'.

1st stage: Women are simply not like that. If you're "humble" while dealing with a lady she'll read it as timidity or something, while if you're arrogant and full of yourself she'll read it as confidence. With women, arrogance wins [I]all the time[/I], even if you don't have a dime in your pocket tongue.

2nd stage: I don't understand it at all. If I'm arrogant, of course I'll introduce myself. I am "[I]Seun the Great[/I]", afterall. The man who loves to hear nothing better than the sound of his own name!

Third/Fourth Stage: "You're beautiful" only works with inexperienced ladies, sorry. The other already 'know' how beautiful they are, since guys left and right are telling them that they are beautiful. Of course most of them are not really [I]that[/I] beautiful, but they won't know until they are approaching 30 and nobody is looking their way ...
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by tayotina(f): 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2005
Pkrix your second,third and fourth analysis would not work for any sensible lady. What do you guys take us for? Why should I get swollen headed just because a guy says am pretty?? We are no more babies for crying out loud.

I know how pretty I am so no amount of flattery would make me give in to a guy. And guys if you must know, you must really work hard on your manner of approach. Some of you don't have what it takes to woo a lady yet you always want to "feel among".

Some even lack that confidence in themselves so Pkrix guess you would have to start your research all over again cos we ladies don't come cheap angry

1 Like

Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Seun(m): 5:28pm On Jun 20, 2005
tayotina:
... because we ladies don't come cheap angry

Go and sit down, Tayotina. Why wants to woo you? There are 300-600 other ladies on Nairaland, so please stand aside and let's woo the ones that want to be wooed! grin
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by legs(f): 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2005
Vieira:

very good critique and I agree with it all.

gracias! vieira

seun stop beefing tayo
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Seun(m): 6:05pm On Jun 20, 2005
Just pulling her legs. Hope it's allowed.

Oops, hope this was not misunderstood by other people.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by legs(f): 6:10pm On Jun 20, 2005
no sweat! besides i am sure tayo is more than capable
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by tayotina(f): 6:33pm On Jun 20, 2005
smiley More than capable legs, thanks jare besides when it comes to wooing a lady, Seun should be the last person to pass a comment.

Seun I am sure when you set your eyes on me, you would quickly change your mind bout waiting till 30 before you 'toast' a lady. wink
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by legs(f): 7:42pm On Jun 20, 2005
YOU GO GIRL!
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 20, 2005
pkrix sorry to say but u are a correct "jew man" in the art of wooing a lady. hope u've learnt ur lesson. the only point u got right was:

"Fifth: then use you brain and act according to the flow (her relation) from her too."

as a Fada in this art (hope i ain't over hyping myself) one thing i've learnt about gals is that they just want someone they can trust and relate with. if u play the mr nice guy/correct man e.t.c always fun to be with (it's all about how u make them feel, not necessarily the cash...although that can fast forward ur runs in many cases) they'll dig u 100% and unburden their heart to u. then the ball is in ur court. if u're the playa, u can hit the spot and step. but if u're genuinely in love, congrats to u. u just found urself a girl.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by mamba(m): 8:07pm On Jun 20, 2005
tayotina:

Seun I am sure when you set your eyes on me, you would quickly change your mind bout waiting till 30 before you 'toast' a lady. wink

This could likewise mean that he'll wait till he's over 30, maybe 50 after seeing you grin (no offense meant)
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by mamba(m): 8:12pm On Jun 20, 2005
disallowed:

pkrix sorry to say but you are a correct "jew man" in the art of wooing a lady. hope you've learnt your lesson. the only point you got right was:

"Fifth: then use you brain and act according to the flow (her relation) from her too."

as a Fada in this art (hope I ain't over hyping myself) one thing I've learnt about gals is that they just want someone they can trust and relate with. if you play the mr nice guy/correct man e.t.c always fun to be with (it's all about how you make them feel, not necessarily the cash...although that can fast forward your runs in many cases) they'll dig you 100% and unburden their heart to you. then the ball is in your court. if you're the playa, you can hit the spot and step. but if you're genuinely in love, congrats to you. you just found urself a girl.

clap! clap!! clap!!!
@trae_ is the player we've been searching for https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-432.0.html
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by IAH(f): 8:17pm On Jun 20, 2005
mamba:

tayotina link=topic=519.msg6609#msg6609 date=1119288829:

This could likewise mean that he'll wait till he's over 30, maybe 50 after seeing you grin (no offense meant)

Lol, I get your drift. grin
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Pinky(f): 8:44pm On Jun 20, 2005
IAH:

na for u IAH... & u re supposed to be a lady...pls speak for urself & not for all ladies.... are u trying to tell the house that u can be bought?
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by IAH(f): 9:01pm On Jun 20, 2005
Pinky:

IAH link=topic=519.msg6565#msg6565 date=1119281411:

na for you IAH... & you re supposed to be a lady...please speak for urself & not for all ladies.... are you trying to tell the house that you can be bought?

Hey! that was just a joke, ok? But then it is true for most ladies, if you know you are an exception then speak up for yourself too...without being offensive! rolleyes
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Pinky(f): 9:13pm On Jun 20, 2005
IAH:

Hey! that was just a joke, ok? But then it is true for most ladies, if you know you are an exception then speak up for yourself too...without being offensive! rolleyes
am not being offensive.....its ok if u re joking but dont u know the likes of guys on this forum?they re gonna pick on wat u said, twist it & turn it then conclude that a lady already said U ladies can be bought
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Seun(m): 9:23pm On Jun 20, 2005
Let me tell you something: Nigerian women can be bought with money. This is a fact.

Ask IAH, she's a lady! grin
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Pinky(f): 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2005
Seun:

Let me tell you something: Nigerian women can be bought with money.  This is a fact. 

Ask IAH, she's a lady! grin
IAH can u see my predcitions about seun & Company is coming to reality
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by IAH(f): 9:39pm On Jun 20, 2005
I never said a lady can be bought. But saying that "Flaunting your pocket" is the best procedure to woo a girl is not FALSE either. Please let's be honest here. Ok, let me talk for myself ONLY, as much as I don't plan to be dependent on my man because I plan to make it big too, a rich pocket is one of the ways to my heart! Of course, there are other qualities that I would consider and they are even more important than money, but truly, Money will boost his rating from me. But if I LOVE him and he does not have money, I will still go with him but I'm saying money will boost it.
Now consider two identical guys in character, looks, behaviour and every other thing. The one and only difference is that one is rich and the other is poor. Which one would you gel for? Assuming they are the same in every other wise and please, be honest here.
The mistake we are making here is that the issue of attraction to money does not only apply to females. The guys just don't want to be truthful to us, or why are you attracted to a job with higher pay? or a country with seemingly greener pastures? or a course/degree that is more lucrative? It all boils down to...MONEY. So if after considering other qualities in a man and he also happens to be rich, then that is a big plus and that will definitely enhance his success in wooing me.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Seun(m): 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2005
We Men are attracted to money - if and only if we're the ones earning it. If you're 'too' rich, men might run because it's hard to earn the respect of someone who is, in a sense, greater than you.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by IAH(f): 9:52pm On Jun 20, 2005
Seun:

We Men are attracted to money - if and only if we're the ones earning it.  If you're 'too' rich, men might run because it's hard to earn the respect of someone who is, in a sense, greater than you.
This is not the debate! Seun, go and sleep rolleyes You have been trying to tell me this tale of "men running when I'm rich" since. I refuse to concur. If they are not running from me now, why would they now run when I'm successful? I mean, I've not subtracted anything from me, it's the same ME. On the contrary, I've even added something and that something is what everybody needs!
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Pinky(f): 10:01pm On Jun 20, 2005
IAH:

Seun link=topic=519.msg6649#msg6649 date=1119300297:

We Men are attracted to money - if and only if we're the ones earning it.  If you're 'too' rich, men might run because it's hard to earn the respect of someone who is, in a sense, greater than you.
This is not the debate! Seun, go and sleep rolleyes You have been trying to tell me this tale of "men running when I'm rich" since. I refuse to concur. If they are not running from me now, why would they now run when I'm successful?
IAH FORGET that thing o! most men dont want a lady who's more successful than they re.. its a big shame to their EGO....they re not running from u now cos they know u they have more money compared to u, if u now have the big doe they dont have, they will develop cold feet!
but then no one's praying not to be rich as a female, we all just need understanding, cool & rich husbands... afterall if u are very rich & ur husband is richer, u guys wont see it as any big deal, ....
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by dablessed(f): 11:59pm On Jun 20, 2005
I always say a prayer: Lord, make me a successful woman but make my husband much more successful and I think every woman should cultivate the habit of doing same.

The man should be the head in all respect. When the reverse is the case, there is a problem. Men don't function properly when the woman is the breadwinner- there is something called the ego of a man! It contributes to the total make up of a man and if is shattered in any way, there is bound to be trouble.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Angelgal(f): 8:32am On Jun 21, 2005
It's all a question of balance. If the woman earns more than her husband and still humbles herself to respect him as his wife, including massaging the ever present male ego, there should be peace.But if the reverse is the case, I don't have to tell you there will be daily fire on the mountain, infact a full scale volcano!
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by tayotina(f): 9:11am On Jun 21, 2005
mamba:

tayotina link=topic=519.msg6609#msg6609 date=1119288829:

Mamba, you are nuts grin!!!! In any case if Seun had agreed to allow us attach photographs to our profiles, you wouldn't have misunderstood me. You know what I mean, don't you? wink
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by Vieira(m): 9:14am On Jun 21, 2005
IAH:

Joke or no joke this is very true! In Naija this will win you the babe in almost 95% of the times you try it!

Money attracts women, the problem with this method is that it really should only be used to woo "runs" if you are looking for a wife you really should try and avoid this method! Because if you use this to woo your wife then you'll always have it at the back of your mind that she is only with you because of your cash!

PS. I like rich babes, they tend to be easier to get along with. They have no hang ups and you know for a fact they are with you because they like you.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by pkrix(m): 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2005
Tayotina, you could be beautiful but I know so well that if no one tells you that for just a year you will start to be bashfull before guys especially.

When wooing a lady, I, Pkrix, the professor of women affairs, know that saying "hi, you are the most beautiful lady I've seen" reduces the usual bashfulness of ladies.

when she is not bashful, she relates with you better and that gives the guy the go-on

And when a lady is less bashful, the better a guy's chances of flowing the "yans" as though it's been supply from the God of Adam from heaven above.
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by tayotina(f): 2:55pm On Jun 21, 2005
pkrix:

When wooing a lady, I, Pkrix, the professor of women affairs, know that saying "hi, you are the most beautiful lady I've seen" reduces the usual bashfulness of ladies.

And that is where you are wrong my dear. You don't start wooing a lady by telling her she's the most beautiful lady you have ever seen. It's ridiculous. That means you are a liar. I know I am pretty so I don't need any man to tell me that. I've got eyes and I can see. So Pkrix, go back and do your homework again!!!
Re: Wooing (Toasting) a Lady by c0dec(m): 3:37pm On Jun 21, 2005
pkrix. sorry man, but you totally suck at wooing women and i mean suck. you are a what i call a wuss. sure your methods work 90% percent of time. but do you actually score with these women? and how long do these women stay around you? not very long i guess.

maybe your methods work for "seducing" women but these women won't be "attracted" to you. attraction is more powerful than seduction. to keep a woman attracted to you, you have to do virtually the opposite of what you listed. of course, you have to be nice (on your own terms) and chilvarous (on you own terms).

men, never go out of your way to please a woman. she'll use your head. doing stuff like apologizing and begging is being all wussy. women need MEN, not wussies.

MEN!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mother Of Cristiano Ronaldo’s Son Wants Baby Back / I Caught My Senior Brother Fucking Our Neighbour's Wife / Disclaimer: Kinginvahala Debunks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.