Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Naija @ 50; What About Taiwo Akinkunmi, The National Flag Designnerv - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naija @ 50; What About Taiwo Akinkunmi, The National Flag Designnerv (2026 Views)

See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. / Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward / Bakassi Hoists National Flag, Sets Up Radio Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija @ 50; What About Taiwo Akinkunmi, The National Flag Designnerv by COOLDK(m): 7:05pm On Sep 24, 2010
In other part of the world, national Heroes are been rewarded and immortalised. I keep wondering for the past 50 years that a man design an identity which showcase the country pride to other part of the world, what has the man gained.
Taiwo Akinkunmi, the man in question was said to be living a shattered live in Ibadan, only to be remembered by the so called Nigeria media once in a year when going through history on the "Independent celebration"
Is he not a national hero that deserve a reward that will sustain him? Is this the way our hero suppose to be treated? Is 50 independence worth celebrating? Oh no, they stay there and stole our national cake with pen.They forgot heavenly punishment, may God cease them to change their ways.
I'm neither a relative of Akinkunmi nor his family but i just feel this is not the way his story should go.

1 Like

Re: Naija @ 50; What About Taiwo Akinkunmi, The National Flag Designnerv by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 24, 2010
wasnt he paid for the design?
Re: Naija @ 50; What About Taiwo Akinkunmi, The National Flag Designnerv by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2010

Besides,he should feel honoured that his design was chosen.Everything is not about rewards/money. I am sure at least 50 million Nigerians would be happy to design a new flag 100% FREE if asked to do so today
Re: Naija @ 50; What About Taiwo Akinkunmi, The National Flag Designnerv by texazzpete(m): 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2010
Oh God, not the perennial beggar again!
Abeg for the last time, let's state clearly that no one owes him anything for a job he was paid for.
Please don't bring up this daft topic again. Nigerians are tired of having this same shameless hustle trotted out every October 1st.
Re: Naija @ 50; What About Taiwo Akinkunmi, The National Flag Designnerv by PhysicsQED(m): 10:02pm On Sep 24, 2010
Lol, a "national hero"? The flag is pretty simple and straightforward, some would say even little mundane (although I kind of like it), hardly evidence of heroism,
Re: Naija @ 50; What About Taiwo Akinkunmi, The National Flag Designnerv by COOLDK(m): 8:09am On Sep 25, 2010
MrPrsdent:

His design was picked amidst competing fellow then when he was a student. Even if he was rewarded then, are u saying it was his destiny to remain poor all his life? Habaaaaaaaaa

Re: Naija @ 50; What About Taiwo Akinkunmi, The National Flag Designnerv by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 25, 2010
MrPrsdent:

Re: Naija @ 50; What About Taiwo Akinkunmi, The National Flag Designnerv by egift(m): 9:16am On Sep 25, 2010
But frankly (Akinkunmi's case inclusive), Nigeria have little regard for anything past - even when his work have contributed to National unity. All that most Nigerians care about is Today, Today - Today! That's why corruption is not going anytime soon. They will keep stealing all they can - because your sacrifice today will be forgotten before tomorrow comes.
Re: Naija @ 50; What About Taiwo Akinkunmi, The National Flag Designnerv by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 25, 2010
egift:

But frankly (Akinkunmi's case inclusive), Nigeria have little regard for anything past - even when his work have contributed to National unity. All that most Nigerians care about is Today, Today - Today! That's why corruption is not going anytime soon. They will keep stealing all they can - because your sacrifice today will be forgotten before tomorrow comes.
You still haven't convinced me why he should be celebrated every year all for designing a flag ! Something he was paid for !
Re: Naija @ 50; What About Taiwo Akinkunmi, The National Flag Designnerv by toniolumide: 7:29am On Apr 15, 2013
Well, its easier to create an identity than to sustain or maintain it.
If footballers can get a house for winning a competition why can't our prestigious National icon, Taiwo Akinkunmi be rewarded with a befitting House in the Nation's capital. Remember the flag is the only BRAND that unites millions around the world.

We (G-Next) are taking two steps:
Health- UCH just signed him up for regular health checkups...thanks to the current CMD, Professor Temitope Oluwagbenga Alonge
Home Makeover- Renovating his house and making it look much better to live in, especially for the Nigerian Flagman!
Join us this May...8th-10th exactly as we gather youths to help with Painting, Planting Flowers, Erecting a Flag, donating new electrical appliances!
TO be a part please call:
08089520333 now!
Written by:
@toniolumide

Re: Naija @ 50; What About Taiwo Akinkunmi, The National Flag Designnerv by otunbaneyo09(m): 7:50am On Apr 15, 2013
Nice step keep it up
Re: Naija @ 50; What About Taiwo Akinkunmi, The National Flag Designnerv by otunbaneyo09(m): 8:05am On Apr 15, 2013
MrPrsdent: wasnt he paid for the design?

Besides,he should feel honoured that his design was chosen.Everything is not about rewards/money. I am sure at least 50 million Nigerians would be happy to design a new flag 100% FREE if asked to do so today

Why are you talking like this? nonsense
Re: Naija @ 50; What About Taiwo Akinkunmi, The National Flag Designnerv by otunbaneyo09(m): 8:06am On Apr 15, 2013

Why are you talking like this ?,
Re: Naija @ 50; What About Taiwo Akinkunmi, The National Flag Designnerv by otunbaneyo09(m): 8:18am On Apr 15, 2013

Why are you talking like this my brother, you are talking like irresponsible person. moreover I have check all your post only few of it that make sense others are about sex and all those sort of nonsense post
Re: Naija @ 50; What About Taiwo Akinkunmi, The National Flag Designnerv by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 15, 2013
We dont celebrate our heroes in Nigeria, we celebrant our grand thieves & corrupt officials.
Re: Naija @ 50; What About Taiwo Akinkunmi, The National Flag Designnerv by otunbaneyo09(m): 10:07am On Apr 15, 2013
melojames: We dont celebrate our heroes in Nigeria, we celebrant our grand thieves & corrupt officials.

Yes o my brother

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Wanted Kagame To Rule Congo - Wikileaks (obj's Diplomatic Style) / Enugu Governor,sullivan Chime Is Back. / B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechiā€™s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.