Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,634 members, 7,854,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:40 PM

Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President (15969 Views)

Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" / Senator Alex Kadiri: Why Igbo Can’t Get The Presidency In 2023 / Uche Okwukwu: APC To Win More Igbo States Before 2023– Ohanaeze SecretaryGeneral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by seunmsg(m): 11:36am On May 21, 2019
pazienza:

Emotional rants devoid of any iota of sense.

The South is PDP and PDP is south. Yorubas are not south. Edo state under APC is no different from Imo under APC for the past 8years. It means nothing. The south remains PDP.

Wike is already working with Tambuwal, Umahi wouldn't want to be the next Akpabio. It's an unwritten consensus within PDP that since last PDP president w as from the South, the next would come from the North.
I know you are naively counting on PDP to throw up a non Northerner as its candidate in the presidential election of 2023, so as to give a Yoruba APC candidate a chance of dividing Northern votes. What you don't know is that you are not as wise as you think you are. Your move will be checkmated. PDP WILL produce a Northern presidential candidate in 2023, with southern backing, while Yorubas would have to contest against this Northern candidate.

Thats what will happen. Your greed will destroy you, if you don't repent from it now.

Your post is actually the one devoid of sense and logic. How can any reasonable person claim that the entire south is PDP? In a contest involving two northerners; APC won above 50% of south west votes and close to 40% of south south votes and you are illogically claiming south is PDP.

See, PDP can present a northern candidate for all I care, it makes absolutely no difference to APC’s chances. It is the business of the Igbos if they decide to play second fiddle in a party they claim to dominate. However, south south and Yoruba members of PDP will contest for the party’s ticket in 2023 for certain. I will personally call you out once Wike declares for 2023 presidency.

Again, Osinbajo or any other APC candidate will win conveniently in 2023. MKO did not just defeat Tofa in the core north, he defeated him in his home state of Kano. Same will happen again 2023. The south will not lose its turn in 2023 simply because Igbos have decided to be bystanders.

4 Likes

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Honor10: 11:38am On May 21, 2019
martowskin1:

grin grin grin is now a chess game, if APC go for yoruba canditate, PDP go for northern candidate, if APC go for igbo candidate, then PDP go for igbo candidate, is balance in a way though

APC fielding Igbo? not in Nigeria, u guys hate APC, and APC hate u in return, u guys should better queue behind ur northern master and continue licking their yansh, and watch how yoruba will beat u blue black.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by martowskin1(m): 11:44am On May 21, 2019
Honor10:

APC fielding Igbo? not in Nigeria, u guys hate APC, and APC hate u in return, u guys should better queue behind ur northern master and continue licking their yansh, and watch how yoruba will beat u blue black.

blue black indeed, who will rule nigeria is not a race bro..... look around you, what development have u seen since democracy, despite yoruba ruling for 8yrs, and 4yrs VP,

look at the north, poverty is in another level.....

cant u see who rule nigeria is not the issue?...... atleast the SE has not contributed to the democracy damage of this nation
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Honor10: 11:53am On May 21, 2019
martowskin1:

blue black indeed, who will rule nigeria is not a race bro..... look around you, what development have u seen since democracy, despite yoruba ruling for 8yrs, and 4yrs VP,

look at the north, poverty is in another level.....

cant u see who rule nigeria is not the issue?...... atleast the SE has not contributed to the democracy damage of this nation

well, I can't say but what am sure of is SW is two times better than any other region in terms of everything.

1 Like

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by martowskin1(m): 11:55am On May 21, 2019
Honor10:

well, I can't say but what am sure of is SW is two times better than any other region in terms of everything.

are u talking about osun, ekiti ondo?

because have been to this states.... dont lagos deceive you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by keti2: 11:57am On May 21, 2019
Igbo Amaka grin grin grin
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by igwefivestar(m): 12:03pm On May 21, 2019
life2017:
Igbo lack political smartness. They are just emotional and sentimental when it comes to politics.
when it is time for igbo man to rule this nation. Not even u or ur entire zone will stop it.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by igwefivestar(m): 12:04pm On May 21, 2019
life2017:
Igbo lack political smartness. They are just emotional and sentimental when it comes to politics.
when it is time for igbo man to rule this nation. Not even u or ur entire zone or ur political smartness will stop it.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by pazienza(m): 12:12pm On May 21, 2019
seunmsg:

Your post is actually the one devoid of sense and logic. How can any reasonable person claim that the entire south is PDP? In a contest involving two northerners; APC won above 50% of south west votes and close to 40% of south south votes and you are illogically claiming south is PDP.

See, PDP can present a northern candidate for all I care, it makes absolutely no difference to APC’s chances. It is the business of the Igbos if they decide to play second fiddle in a party they claim to dominate. However, south south and Yoruba members of PDP will contest for the party’s ticket in 2023 for certain. I will personally call you out once Wike declares for 2023 presidency.

Again, Osinbajo or any other APC candidate will win conveniently in 2023. MKO did not just defeat Tofa in the core north, he defeated him in his home state of Kano. Same will happen again 2023. The south will not lose its turn in 2023 simply because Igbos have decided to be bystanders.

SW is not South. You killed that when you decided to pitch you tent with the North in 2015, against a Southern presidential candidate. You will reap in 2023, the seed you sowed in 2015. It's as simple as that.

How exactly did APC win 40% of SS votes in the last election?

A Northern Candidate in PDP makes a whole lot of difference to the outcome of APC Yoruba president. Yorubas have burnt all good will you lots have, worst still your 2023 ambition is one borne out of greed, seeing as you had your turn in 1999-2003. In MKO era, the current dynamics isn't same.
MKO won in Anambra and got more than 45% votes casted in Abia,, Enugu and Imo.
That's how you edged out TOFA. What are the chances of a greedy SW presidency candidate getting 2% of SE votes? What are your chances of making inroads in SS considering how you treated GEJ in 2015?

There nothing like the South in Yoruba current presidential ambitions. You killed a Southern presidential candidate (GEJ) just so that you can become a VP and thereafter become president. You might think yourself wise, but you are not as wise as you think. You will taste your own medicine come 2023. Your presidential candidate will sacrificed for a Southern VP.

Just watch and see.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by yemiyemi: 12:17pm On May 21, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Firstly Rotimi is not an igbo man.

Rotimi is a yoruba man so his statement is their view.

Finally who even allowed this rivers state people and ikwerre into Ohaneze....even to become secretary.

Are we really organized at all.

Really...?...so Chibuke Amaechi is also a yoruba name?....riede on....

1 Like

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 21, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Finally who even allowed this rivers state people and ikwerre into Ohaneze....even to become secretary.

Gba fuo there! You can fool others but can't fool us. I've been watching you foolishly run amok, changing monikers and quoting yourself all in the bid to sow discord amongst Igbo's on nairaland, but your plans have failed even before your birth. You imposter!
The same Uche Okwuku you're trying to taint is a proud son of Igboland and has done us proud over the years. We admire him a lot, we love him and hold him in high esteem, despite his recent outburst.
So old man your mission is Dead On Arrival, tell your demons so.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by dokyOloye: 12:42pm On May 21, 2019
life2017:
If political 'smartness' according to you means voting for a lifeless,recessionist,terrorist, then let Igbos continue being not smart.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Honor10: 12:46pm On May 21, 2019
martowskin1:

are u talking about osun, ekiti ondo?

because have been to this states.... dont lagos deceive you

yes, I am, av seen several people on nairaland asking for place to live and settle down, I hardly see any body mentioning states/places from other regions what do dominate the list is

lagos state.
Ibadan from Oyo state
Abeokuta from Ogun state.
Akure in Ondo even Osogbo,

nobody do mention Awka or abakaliki or those villages in the east.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Goke7: 12:55pm On May 21, 2019
pazienza:

SW is not South. You killed that when you decided to pitch you tent with the North in 2015, against a Southern presidential candidate. You will reap in 2023, the seed you sowed in 2015. It's as simple as that.

A Northern Candidate in PDP makes a whole lot of difference to the outcome of APC Yoruba president. Yorubas have burnt all good will you lots have, worst still your 2023 ambition is one borne out of greed, seeing as you had your turn in 1999-2003. In MKO era, the current dynamics isn't same.
MKO won in Anambra and got more than 45% votes castes in Abia,, Enugu and Imo.
That's how you edged out TOFA. What are the chances of a greedy SW presidency candidate getting 2% of SE votes? What are your chances of making inroads in SS considering how you treated GEJ in 2015?

There nothing like the South in Yoruba current presidential ambitions. You killed a Southern presidential candidate (GEJ) just so that you can become a VP and thereafter become president. You might think yourself wise, but you are not as wise as you think. You will taste your own medicine come 2023. Your presidential candidate will sacrificed for a Southern VP.

Just watch and see.

the problem with you guys is that you don't understand sw politics and that's why you see them as betrayals, sw don't play direct politics like the rest of the country, they go to where their interest lies, you guys will shout betrayal again in 2023 when those you think opposed tinubu, osinbajo and co in 2019 turn around to work and support them in 2023.

1 Like

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Honor10: 12:57pm On May 21, 2019
OfoIgbo:

Of course, it is a chess game. Igbos have to use their head, and not fall for this latest cheap Yoruba gimmick for Igbos to present Igbo paper-weight candidate.
You know the first thing they will do is to go to their northern masters, and ask them to help them rig out this light-weight BIAFRAN.
Let us not fall into that trap

lolz, so u guys know u are feather-weight, tank God u guys av started having sense. 5%.

1 Like

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Honor10: 1:01pm On May 21, 2019
pazienza:

MKO won in Anambra and got more than 45% votes castes in Abia,, Enugu and Imo.

Just watch and see.

continue ranting, u said more than this concerning Atiku, awon failing failures, u guys won't av sense quickly, we shall see.

1 Like

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by martowskin1(m): 2:03pm On May 21, 2019
Honor10:

yes, I am, av seen several people on nairaland asking for place to live and settle down, I hardly see any body mentioning states/places from other regions what do dominate the list is

lagos state.
Ibadan from Oyo state
Abeokuta from Ogun state.
Akure in Ondo even Osogbo,

nobody do mention Awka or abakaliki or those villages in the east.

lolz... bro u need to travel... and see for ur self.... lagos is great, i can tell u that... commercial and all that.... other SW states are nothing to write home about, compare to most SS states

ebonyi use to be one of the worst SE state, not now anymore, their recent governor has visions, ABIA is very far behind now.

i have visited all states in SW, SS and SE... few north(2)....
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Ikinternational: 2:48pm On May 21, 2019
life2017:

N you with all your political smartness, i can buy n sell you a hundred times over. Not to talk of my wife. I am igbo. Good day.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by luluman: 2:51pm On May 21, 2019
sarrki:
I disagree

They can produce under Pdp in 2063
Or in 2099 hopefully before Armagedon. If they behave themselves o.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Ikinternational: 3:09pm On May 21, 2019
luluman:
Or in 2099 hopefully before Armagedon. If they behave themselves o.

Who gives a flying fuvck. Igbos we judge ourselves by our personal/family success. We hold each other accountable to strive for greatness. Don't settle. I wouldn't trade that trait to hold the seat in Abuja.

As if that has mattered in the last 60yrs. We all know how much Nigerian government cares about her citizens. Oya continue getting an ere.ction over presidency. It is well.
Literally laughing in my big ass house. Ndi ala
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Yujin(m): 3:14pm On May 21, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Mr Impostor, it shall never be well with you.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by komodapson(m): 3:20pm On May 21, 2019
chriskosherbal:
Guyz this 2023 thing is becoming something else when we are still waiting for may 29, 2019.

Na waoooo for Nigerians and thier quest for power.

Nàwá ó my brother...with the spate of insecurity... how sure they're soul going to make it till next day and here envisaging 4years....

Truly, the holy book has said it all... O ye fools...
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by showafrica(m): 4:52pm On May 21, 2019
chriskosherbal:
Guyz this 2023 thing is becoming something else when we are still waiting for may 29, 2019.

Na waoooo for Nigerians and thier quest for power.

My brother, I tire ooo, I wonder the mod that usually bring the nonsense to FP. What is igbo president and Yoruba president. All we want is a smart person and good governance even if he is from Chad.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by luluman: 6:22pm On May 21, 2019
Ikinternational:

Who gives a flying fuvck. Igbos we judge ourselves by our personal/family success. We hold each other accountable to strive for greatness. Don't settle. I wouldn't trade that trait to hold the seat in Abuja.

As if that has mattered in the last 60yrs. We all know how much Nigerian government cares about her citizens. Oya continue getting an ere.ction over presidency. It is well.
Literally laughing in my big ass house. Ndi ala
Dont come & deceive yoursrlf here jor, If You, 0.00000000001% does nor want shut up cos thats what your people want to die for hence their agitation to secede.

1 Like

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Ikinternational: 6:52pm On May 21, 2019
luluman:
Dont come & deceive yoursrlf here jor, If You, 0.00000000001% does nor want shut up cos thats what your people want to die for hence their agitation to secede.

Marginalism does not begin n end based on presidency seat you dimwit.
Which tax paying citizen wants to be treated like an immigrant/refugee in their own damn country?
Who wants to be told where they cannot reside or hold seat? It's either it's one nigeria or it's not. There's no in between.
How can you "allow" a citizen to live somewhere or "allow" them to do business? Or insist they be grateful. Is that not madness?

YOU need to stop deceiving yourself by pretending not to know what the issues are of those that want Biafra.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Honor10: 7:26pm On May 21, 2019
martowskin1:

lolz... bro u need to travel... and see for ur self.... lagos is great, i can tell u that... commercial and all that.... other SW states are nothing to write home about, compare to most SS states

ebonyi use to be one of the worst SE state, not now anymore, their recent governor has visions, ABIA is very far behind now.

i have visited all states in SW, SS and SE... north(2)....

lolz, SS States? well, u are entitled to ur opinion, I will stick with the opinion of hundreds of people here rather than ur uncommon opinion
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by martowskin1(m): 9:14pm On May 21, 2019
Honor10:

lolz, SS States? well, u are entitled to ur opinion, I will stick with the opinion of hundreds of people here rather than ur uncommon opinion

not opinion bro, are u telling me osun or ekiti or oyo is better than river state?....

in delta state, several cities can be used as a capital, look at osun even the osogbo is not worth calling a state capital....

even as back as EDO state is, the comparison is not there...

like i said, lagos is solid, and maybe, ogun due to over flow from lagos......
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by luluman: 9:18pm On May 21, 2019
Ikinternational:

Marginalism does not begin n end based on presidency seat you dimwit.
Which tax paying citizen wants to be treated like an immigrant/refugee in their own damn country?
Who wants to be told where they cannot reside or hold seat? It's either it's one nigeria or it's not. There's no in between.
How can you "allow" a citizen to live somewhere or "allow" them to do business? Or insist they be grateful. Is that not madness?

YOU need to stop deceiving yourself by pretending not to know what the issues are of those that want Biafra.
So why not get a focus among yourselves, part yeebos want biafra, another part want power. where di you stand now.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by kernel01: 9:21pm On May 21, 2019
sarrki:
I disagree

They can produce under Pdp in 2063

The South West that voted them is being threatened, you can hope till eternity.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by kernel01: 9:23pm On May 21, 2019
seunmsg:
PDP is a major party in Nigeria and Igbos always claim they own the party. Instead of wailing over APC and who the party will present in 2023, they should put up a strong Igbo candidate that can win PDP’s presidential ticket. A Peter Obi/Tambuwal PDP ticket vs Osibanjo/El-Rufai APC ticket for example will lead to a very interesting presidential election.

While Yorubas are making effort to secure APC ticket, Igbos should drop their defeatist attitude and start making effort to get PDP presidential ticket. 2023 should be an all south contest. If Igbos refuse to contest for PDP ticket, Wike and other south south leaders should go for it.

It's only a fool that will take the advise of his enemy. Mind your APC and South West.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Ikinternational: 10:08pm On May 21, 2019
luluman:
So why not get a focus among yourselves, part yeebos want biafra, another part want power. where di you stand now.

Are you still not understanding? If it's truly ONE NIGERIA
NOBODY will be clamoring for anything.

Personally, I don't want Biafra. I was born a Nigerian. I want Nigeria to work for ALL.

But if it's becoming painfully obvious that the Nigerian ruling class does not want igbos to taste presidential power, then maybe separation is best.

One cannot be a second class citizen in their own country. Doesn't make any sense.

And if I was a different tribe, I know the rightful thing is for both pdp n apc to field igbo president. It's about sowing unity n progress for the country that WE ALL share a stake. No honest rational Nigerian will say it's not so.
I am not tribal at all.

Igbos have voted for yoruba n hausa n niger delta politicians. But why do we always have to prove we are "Nigerian enough" to be trusted when it's others turn to support us? Is that fair?

That's why a lot of igbos feel alienated n disenfranchised n rather face the business that puts food on the table.

Hopefully you get me.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Honor10: 10:16pm On May 21, 2019
martowskin1:

not opinion bro, are u telling me osun or ekiti or oyo is better than river state?....

in delta state, several cities can be used as a capital, look at osun even the osogbo is not worth calling a state capital....

even as back as EDO state is, the comparison is not there...

like i said, lagos is solid, and maybe, ogun due to over flow from lagos......

Oyo is at the same level with Rivers bro in term of everything, if not even better, and I will picked Osogbo over any place In Bayelsa anyday, any time, Ondo over Delta in term of cost and standard of living.

SW generally has a low cost of living and higher standard of living compare to SS States.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chiji Collins Impeached As Speaker Of Imo Assembly, Replaced With Paul Emeziem / Let's Have A Change Of Mindset And Be Positive About Nigeria - Tinubu / Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.