Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,136 members, 7,845,778 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President (15960 Views)

Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" / Senator Alex Kadiri: Why Igbo Can’t Get The Presidency In 2023 / Uche Okwukwu: APC To Win More Igbo States Before 2023– Ohanaeze SecretaryGeneral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Nobody: 6:47am On May 22, 2019
Yujin:
Mr Impostor, it shall never be well with you.
Continue following me up and down. Go and be useful to yourself.
who dash u Monopoly to talk trash or even curse.... deflated.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by TempleHouse: 7:31am On May 22, 2019
We have all known that and it's no longer a great news.
Nnamdi Kanu too and other IPOB faithfuls knows all along that the dream is dead on arrival.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by 35824L: 8:15am On May 22, 2019
[s][quote author=pazienza post=78583575]

SW is not South. You killed that when you decided to pitch you tent with the North in 2015, against a Southern presidential candidate. You will reap in 2023, the seed you sowed in 2015. It's as simple as that.

How exactly did APC win 40% of SS votes in the last election?

A Northern Candidate in PDP makes a whole lot of difference to the outcome of APC Yoruba president. Yorubas have burnt all good will you lots have, worst still your 2023 ambition is one borne out of greed, seeing as you had your turn in 1999-2003. In MKO era, the current dynamics isn't same.
MKO won in Anambra and got more than 45% votes casted in Abia,, Enugu and Imo.
That's how you edged out TOFA. What are the chances of a greedy SW presidency candidate getting 2% of SE votes? What are your chances of making inroads in SS considering how you treated GEJ in 2015?[/s]
You need to get over the defeat of the ogogoro drunkard. Even the S/S knew GEJ was doomed with his style of govt

1 Like

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by luluman: 12:24pm On May 22, 2019
Ikinternational:

Are you still not understanding? If it's truly ONE NIGERIA
NOBODY will be clamoring for anything.

Personally, I don't want Biafra. I was born a Nigerian. I want Nigeria to work for ALL.

But if it's becoming painfully obvious that the Nigerian ruling class does not want igbos to taste presidential power, then maybe separation is best.

One cannot be a second class citizen in their own country. Doesn't make any sense.

And if I was a different tribe, I know the rightful thing is for both pdp n apc to field igbo president. It's about sowing unity n progress for the country that WE ALL share a stake. No honest rational Nigerian will say it's not so.
I am not tribal at all.

Igbos have voted for yoruba n hausa n niger delta politicians. But why do we always have to prove we are "Nigerian enough" to be trusted when it's others turn to support us? Is that fair?

That's why a lot of igbos feel alienated n disenfranchised n rather face the business that puts food on the table.

Hopefully you get me.
I got your point earlier, but you should understand that nobody will say let's all rally round or give IBO our support its politics: some will be for you & some will be for other candidate.But why make it look like its a seasonal thing & its the time of Ibos to win? Secondly, even as you claim to have a reason to secede some Ibos still wish to be with the said Nigeria hence my earlier post that Ibos should have a focus.

1 Like

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Yujin(m): 12:36pm On May 22, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Continue following me up and down.
Go and be useful to yourself.

who dash u Monopoly to talk trash or even curse.... deflated.
You're an impostor whose aim is to sow discord among my people. For this reason I'll continue to expose and lay causes on you. Keep off impersonating and see me stay away from you.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by dreamwords: 1:08pm On May 22, 2019
mvem:
tomorrow you will shout Biafra is one, ikwerre is Igbo and Biafra...Now you are segregating them...see the reason Niger deltans don't trust igbos
The guy u quote is not igbo ,but an imposter , from edo we don't want them in biafra
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Lot13(m): 2:00pm On May 22, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

Just know neither Yoruba man or Igbo man will be president in 2023, no matter how loyal you portray to be, you can't be trusted, Obasanjo they trusted because of his background against Yoruba preferred candidate, ended disappointing them, they know how they struggled to be able to get the power back after 14yrs South region ruled, they are masters in this game, they are fully aware of your antics and agendas, is either they retain power or handover to minority they can control or manipulate to protect their interests, it's not APC or PDP, they can go to any political party to achieve their goals.
Against all odds the Yorubas are already up and running, working hard to score the goal and won't be distracted by naysayers and defeatist like you lot.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by mvem(m): 4:24pm On May 22, 2019
dreamwords:

The guy u quote is not igbo ,but an imposter , from edo we don't want them in biafra
..was Edo not part of Biafra during the War ...also called mid-west
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by NyomiBanxxx: 5:51pm On May 22, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Firstly Rotimi is not an igbo man.

Rotimi is a yoruba man so his statement is their view.

Finally who even allowed this rivers state people and ikwerre into Ohaneze....even to become secretary.

Are we really organized at all.

Kogi pig

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Ikinternational: 1:02pm On May 23, 2019
luluman:
I got your point earlier, but you should understand that nobody will say let's all rally round or give IBO our support its politics: some will be for you & some will be for other candidate.But why make it look like its a seasonal thing & its the time of Ibos to win? Secondly, even as you claim to have a reason to secede some Ibos still wish to be with the said Nigeria hence my earlier post that Ibos should have a focus.

How can any rational thinking Nigerian think it's not igbos turn for presidency How can anyone rationalize it if not for tribal n ethnic sentiments? Are igbos the ones that brought the idea of rotation of power? Was the idea not to say we're all inclusive in the interest of Nigeria?

So please just focus on this small point, it's either we are ONE NIGERIA with our actions OR the thing is just a political slogan n doesn't mean anything.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by luluman: 1:08pm On May 23, 2019
Ikinternational:

How can any rational thinking Nigerian think it's not igbos turn for presidency How can anyone rationalize it if not for tribal n ethnic sentiments? Are igbos the ones that brought the idea of rotation of power? Was the idea not to say we're all inclusive in the interest of Nigeria?

So please just focus on this small point, it's either we are ONE NIGERIA with our actions OR the thing is just a political slogan n doesn't mean anything.
Now you are wrong again, the zoning thing is at party level not On the constitution ,prove me wrong if you can. So no way Nigeria will say presidency should go to Ibis.Please do research again.

1 Like

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by mbos: 1:19pm On May 23, 2019
Biafra is the Only Answer...

living with enemies brings no progress
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Ikinternational: 5:53pm On May 23, 2019
luluman:
Now you are wrong again, the zoning thing is at party level not On the constitution ,prove me wrong if you can. So no way Nigeria will say presidency should go to Ibis.Please do research again.

It's unfortunate you refuse to allow your brain to get me. To see the other side. To reason with a different perspective.

I understand why some of you guys love nairaland. Everybody busy shouting but nobody is listening or trying to even empathize with the other side. No wahala.

Keep on enjoying your Nigerian status quo. I wish "your people" the best.

I get two passports for a reason. It shall be well.

Good day sir
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by luluman: 9:26pm On May 23, 2019
Ikinternational:

It's unfortunate you refuse to allow your brain to get me. To see the other side. To reason with a different perspective.

I understand why some of you guys love nairaland. Everybody busy shouting but nobody is listening or trying to even empathize with the other side. No wahala.

Keep on enjoying your Nigerian status quo. I wish "your people" the best.

I get two passports for a reason. It shall be well.

Good day sir
Yes, thank you. & good luck next time.

1 Like

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Ikinternational: 4:31am On May 24, 2019
luluman:
Yes, thank you. & good luck next time.

Luck with what i beg?? I no dey suffer suffer with you people. God forbid.

I just made a mistake in thinking that the cesspool that is nairaland political section wasn't 100% corrupted.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by oyatz(m): 5:43am On May 24, 2019
This Ohaneze secretary, Okwukwu is an AFONJA, disguising as Igbo.

Shyluck:
Okwukwu or whatever his name is a weed smoker. Senseless talk.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by oyatz(m): 5:48am On May 24, 2019
Who is the feather weight?

Esseite:

We know this political tactics, Tinubu is only looking for a featherweight who does not have his clout to wrestle with.. reasons below:

- Tinubu cant nominate another SW for presidency, a president cant be pocketed and would take charge of his power blocks and clout.. a pocketed president would be rubbished by NASS.

- Tinubu can try to be president, but chances of win is so low.. a Northern candidate in opposition would sweep the polls and the party losing power, that is why he is gearing, trolling, insulting the SE with everything to compete with him, but they are not bothered or moved.

- A SW candidate not coming from him under APC would seem like a political war against him, while the opposition may not be looking that way.

1 Like

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by oyatz(m): 5:58am On May 24, 2019
Thank you sir.

You have truly spoken the minds and sentiments of most Igbo people, easily explaining their strong anti-Tinubu posture.

However, let me ask you few questions.

What if this 'smartness' fail?
Have you thought of the consequences?
Do you have Plan-B?
Politics is NOT mathematics, you can't be too sure.

OfoIgbo:

SMART MAN. Wanting to fool Ndigbo into making that mistake. Running against a ruling party, so state power can be used to subvert the outcome of that election. NO WAY.

If a Yorubaman emerges as the APC candidate, Igbos should go for a northern candidate in PDP. That is the smartest way of playing this cat and mouse game.
Remember that if a Yorubaman wins the presidency in 2023, then Igbos will be frozen out of the presidency for 16 good years. And we already know how APC rigged Atiku out, and you can bet your last dollar that Yorubas will use APC's incumbency to rig out any Igbo PDP candidate, and if this happens, northerners will not be willing to stick out their political necks for Ndigbo and insist that the Igboman should claim his mandate

If APC does not see it fit to choose an Igbo candidate, Igbos should be smart, and choose a northern candidate for PDP. Possibly choose Atiku or Tambuwal or Kwakwanso
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by oyatz(m): 6:04am On May 24, 2019
Yeah, Prof Moghalu is a good presidential material.

However he is not in the top echelon of any of the major Political parties, how can he win the Parties' presidential ticket?

OfoIgbo:

Prof. Muoghalu is head and shoulder above any Nigerian politician in terms of mental substance. If any of the big political parties get him, then it is a huge credit for that political party, and he is a very credible Igbo option
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by oyatz(m): 6:19am On May 24, 2019
Your attacks on Yoruba interests is your OWN SURVIVAL strategy because you consider the Yorubas as blocking your chances of producing a President in 2023.
It has absolutely nothing to do with SS interest in 2015 because of

1) You have supported Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal and Kwankwanso who worked very hard to ensure that Jonathan was defeated and you are even already giving them unsolicited support ahead of 2023.

If you love Jonathan that much and it's Jonathan's fight you are fighting, you won't be supporting those who brought Jonathan down.

2) Even Jonathan and the Ijaws have moved on.
Ex Gov Timi Sylva bought nomination form for Buhari in 2015,yet nobody is calling him a betrayer or traitor.
APC won some states in Bayelsa, yet you aren't fighting them.

3) In this your bitterness against the Yorubas, you will be shocked that the SS are NOT 100% with you. The recent elections is a pointer to that fact.

The SS are loyal to the PDP and NOT necessarily to Igbos.

Check APC performance in the SS and compare it with the SE.

Stop using Jonathan's 2015 defeat as your excuse of hating or attacking the Yoruba interests. It makes you look foolish.

OfoIgbo:

NOooo,we will keep attacking Yoruba interests, afterall in 2015 you were very happy to attack SS interests. Payback is on its way, and I am sure SS people are 100% with SE people on this particular issue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by luluman: 10:24am On May 24, 2019
Ikinternational:

Luck with what i beg?? I no dey suffer suffer with you people. God forbid.

I just made a mistake in thinking that the cesspool that is nairaland political section wasn't 100% corrupted.

OK , I withdraw the good luck. bye.
Re: Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President by Alejobs: 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2019
Money is good but don't loose your conscience!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyetola: I Wasn’t Barred From Attending APC Governors Meetings / Lagos Debt Management Office Visits The State's Blue Line Light Rail Project / Tinubu To Pacify Adamu, Governors With 2,000 Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.