Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,246 members, 7,822,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (971615 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by LeylowDee: 11:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
cne010:

Got it from my mechanic Code Red Technology
0802 949 8260

God Bless sir......Hope its compatible with all Benz
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Konnektions146(m): 9:24am On Feb 22, 2015
LeylowDee:

God Bless sir......Hope its compatible with all Benz
Not all Benz, check which transmission your car has and get the right one.

5-speed and 7-speed does not use same transmission oil
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by desktop: 12:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
@MercedesBenz: In top form: The new #EClass. Get the free guide now.
iOS: http://benz.me/Mercedes-Benz-Guide_iOS/
Android: http://benz.me/Mercedes-Benz-Guide_Android/

Mercedes has an app for Android and IOS users thought I'd share just going through the thing myself seems pretty loaded with tons of stuff
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by LeylowDee: 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
Konnektions146:

Not all Benz, check which transmission your car has and get the right one.

5-speed and 7-speed does not use same transmission oil

Okay
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by LeylowDee: 3:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
LeylowDee:
Hello my able MB Guruz....

c180 Kompressor 2002/03(small engine) on my mind But av not seen any with leather seat online.

Also, i need professional advice on this and whats the diff btw classic...elegance and avantgarde.

Lastly, any major issue with dis ride b4 i venture into it?

Thanks as i expect ur responses.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
We still waiting for the pics bro
donlawrenzo:
Thanks. I'll post the pictures later in the evening after work.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 23, 2015
efoshizzle:

Thanks for the response, very much appreciated. Do you where I can get the original kit here in Lagos?

Went to check on a friends car in my Mechanic and saw the conversion kit for the W220.
Price: N75k

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 7:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
cne010:

Went to check on a friends car in my Mechanic and saw the conversion kit for the W200.

W200?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by efoshizzle: 7:49pm On Feb 23, 2015
cne010:

Went to check on a friends car in my Mechanic and saw the conversion kit for the W200.

Thanks for this! Where's your mechanic situated? I'll probably be doing this soon; nonetheless thinking about giving the airmatics a try for a period before switching, or maybe not even switching at all. Just sad that there aren't any tales of its reliability, just stories telling otherwise. I can bear the cost if it's something you have to do every two years or so. Recurrent, unexpected failures are just the things I'm afraid of. I'm a bit of a purist and a bit afraid I wouldn't regard the car in the same esteem as I did with the air suspension...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 23, 2015
danadam:

W200?

Sorry W220
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
efoshizzle:

Thanks for this! Where's your mechanic situated? I'll probably be doing this soon; nonetheless thinking about giving the airmatics a try for a period before switching, or maybe not even switching at all. Just sad that there aren't any tales of its reliability, just stories telling otherwise. I can bear the cost if it's something you have to do every two years or so. Recurrent, unexpected failures are just the things I'm afraid of. I'm a bit of a purist and a bit afraid I wouldn't regard the car in the same esteem as I did with the air suspension...

I think you should give the Airmatics a trial my mechanic drives a E550 for all through last year he only changed the front right and he drives really really hard. He has a video on his instagram page where he hit 212Kmph on 3rd mainland bridge. Depends on your daily route you would really enjoy it.

My Mechanic is located in Ifako Beside Italian Tiles and marbles aka Italian Kitchen. from the island the busstop before Ogudu.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 8:35pm On Feb 23, 2015
cne010:

I think you should give the Airmatics a trial my mechanic drives a E550 for all through last year he only changed the front right and he drives really really hard. He has a video on his instagram page where he hit 212Kmph on 3rd mainland bridge. Depends on your daily route you would really enjoy it.

My Mechanic is located in Ifako Beside Italian Tiles and marbles aka Italian Kitchen. from the island the busstop before Ogudu.

Do you have an idea of the cost of the front right side he replaced? I also communicated with my mechanic yesterday asking about the pneumatic suspension,he said they don't usually break down often but even when they do,the pump is usually the affected part. I also asked about switching but he said he wouldn't advise such and that the pleasure one derives from pneumatic suspension can't be compared to the other.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 23, 2015
Eyop:

Do you have an idea of the cost of the front right side he replaced? I also communicated with my mechanic yesterday asking about the pneumatic suspension,he said they don't usually break down often but even when they do,the pump is usually the affected part. I also asked about switching but he said he wouldn't advise such and that the pleasure one derives from pneumatic suspension can't be compared to the other.

I think btw 120k to 150k for the OEM.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 8:56pm On Feb 23, 2015
cne010:

I think btw 120k to 150k for the OEM.

Ok...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
@cne010..

what do you have to say about this 2014 CLA45 AMG comparing with a w205 C300 or C400?

The CLA45 AMG is a 2.0 TurboCharged Engine while the C300 is Naturally aspirated with V6

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
@Eyop I was at my Mechanic today while we were fixing my friends Camaro and we had the Benz ///AMG talk and the CLA came to mind it is like the best thing that has happened to owning an AMG on a budget with its 2.O Turbocharged peppy engine powered by 360 (hp) Rampaging German Horses on steroids, with Factory racings seats, AMG gear shifter, Quad pipes with the AMG umph sound. and with a very good mpg feels like the dream of any power junkie.

On the other hand we have the W205 a young guys cruiser as I like to call it, I think the E class are for more older men and the S class for the retirees lol. C300 4Matic with 235 horsepower and the 3.0 liter V6 C400 4Matic with 329 horsepower. The C400 happens to be Turbocharged giving it some more power. I think if you want a comfortable daily driver with the AMG looks and can't afford the 2015 C63 AMG I think the C400 AMG sport trim is your best bet.

Asking me to chose from the 2 is like chosing btw Rice & Beans and Egusi & Pounded Yam which is my favorite meal.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
cne010:
@Eyop I was at my Mechanic today while we were fixing my friends Camaro and we had the Benz ///AMG talk and the CLA came to mind it is like the best thing that has happened to owning an AMG on a budget with its 2.O Turbocharged peppy engine powered by 360 (hp) Rampaging German Horses on steroids, with Factory racings seats, AMG gear shifter, Quad pipes with the AMG umph sound. and with a very good mpg feels like the dream of any power junkie.

On the other hand we have the W205 a young guys cruiser as I like to call it, I think the E class are for more older men and the S class for the retirees lol. C300 4Matic with 235 horsepower and the 3.0 liter V6 C400 4Matic with 329 horsepower. The C400 happens to be Turbocharged giving it some more power. I think if you want a comfortable daily driver with the AMG looks and can't afford the 2015 C63 AMG I think the C400 AMG sport trim is your best bet.

Asking me to chose from the 2 is like chosing btw Rice & Beans and Egusi & Pounded Yam which is my favorite meal.

I love the design of the CLA45 AMG but not the CLA 250 which is the base model. But the problem with CLA45 AMG even with the high HP is the small engine and the fact that it's a Turbocharged since i always like an engine working without much stress just like the naturally aspirated ones. The W205 C400 4matic i think is equipped with airmatic suspension and also not bad on gas but am not sure if it's Turbo charged. Lol @ S class for retirees. But i was just comparing the 2 cars and requesting for your own opinion i.e CLA45 AMG and C400 4matic if you are to choose one.

The W204 2012 C350 Sports has always been my choice until when i saw the CLA45 AMG on Saturday and C400 today. Beautiful cars i must confess.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 23, 2015
@Eyop Tough choice but I would go for the CLA 45 AMG. All those Engines are properly built now and they seem to be the future even Ford is out with their Eco Boost engines.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 11:04pm On Feb 23, 2015
cne010:
@Eyop Tough choice but I would go for the CLA 45 AMG. All those Engines are properly built now and they seem to be the future even Ford is out with their EcoBoost engines.

Good choice cne010. You need to also consider our fuel since Benz requires premium fuel and remember the CLA45 AMG compression ratio is going to be high being a Turbocharged engine and any bad fuel would have effect on it compared to the naturally aspirated one (C400). Whether you'll consider importing a full container load of XFT for the period of usage cheesy cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 23, 2015
Eyop:

Good choice cne010. You need to also consider our fuel since Benz requires premium fuel and remember the CLA45 AMG compression ratio is going to be high being a Turbocharged engine and any bad fuel would have effect on it compared to the naturally aspirated one (C400). Whether you'll consider importing a full container load of XFT for the period of usage cheesy cheesy

With the mpg of the CLA buying XFT won't be a problem.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by omodapson(m): 2:09pm On Feb 24, 2015
cne010:

4k per litre
On the high side where you got it. It goes for 2,500 per litre.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 24, 2015
omodapson:

On the high side where you got it. It goes for 2,500 per litre.

Eyop also said the same thing, But it goes for $20 on amazon. where can it be gotten at that price?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Konnektions146(m): 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2015
Hello House, I need the Rear tail light of w203(240 4matic),

Anyone have any contact i could talk to?

Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 24, 2015
Konnektions146:
Hello House, I need the Rear tail light of w203(240 4matic),

Anyone have any contact i could talk to?

Thanks

Where are you located?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Konnektions146(m): 9:32pm On Feb 24, 2015
cne010:

Where are you located?
Uyo
...but if there is any I'm Lagos, I can send someone to pick up

Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 24, 2015
Konnektions146:

Uyo
...but if there is any I'm Lagos, I can send someone to pick up

Thanks

Chuks 0803 074 5279 Trinity Lagos

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by amee4u: 7:27pm On Feb 28, 2015
Pls kindly help me where can I buy a tokunbo w271 203 kompressor engine
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
amee4u:

Trinity Apapa road or Ladipo

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:58am On Mar 02, 2015
y are you changing your engine?!

amee4u:
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Konnektions146(m): 5:28am On Mar 03, 2015
Hello House,

Please I need some input,

My Car Clmatronic , ceased cold air on drivers' side but was working on the passenger side well, after 2 days, all stopped-no cold air again.

I stopped by an AC tech shop and they said they need to add Compressor oil , they evacuated the system, added the oil and then recharged with R134a.
the car was working perfectly on Saturday as the refill was ongoing and as i left after the job but on Sunday, the AC couldn't blow cold air.

I took it back to the shop and they checked and said the system has sufficient gas(refrigerant ) but that the compressor has failed.

I was shocked , Next the man said that he will Use another compressor for Peugeot 507 to construct and i will use it for years .

I Queried why it must be that and not a direct fit as replacement, then he said that the new one in the market is china and wont work for more than 1 week and it will pack up again

Please has anyone had such issues and what was the solution?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by eazy12(m): 2:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
Pls house how much is the complete set of shock absorbes for C240 2003, and where can I get da genuine ones. Tank u
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tuco02: 10:42am On Mar 07, 2015
Hi guys
I use c240 w203...my transmission fluid has been leaking...we have changed the gasket of d pan but it still persists. each morning I notice drops of oil underneath. The car drives smoothly, I just don't like the leaks. Please what should I do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.