Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (972115 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 07, 2015
tuco02:
Hi guys
I use c240 w203...my transmission fluid has been leaking...we have changed the gasket of d pan but it still persists. each morning I notice drops of oil underneath. The car drives smoothly, I just don't like the leaks. Please what should I do.

You need to find the exact point where it is leaking from. Seen a trans leaking from the torque converter can't remember the name of the exact part.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2015
i was thinking of an engine transplant(mayb a camry engine)to a mwercedes w124(v boot) who has tried it before.............what are the pros and cons
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by egesie(m): 10:42pm On Mar 07, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
i was thinking of an engine transplant(mayb a camry engine)to a mwercedes w124(v boot) who has tried it before.............what are the pros and cons
that's more impossible than the word "impossible"...diff configuration, mercedes benz engines are mounted verticallly while toyota camry engines are mounted horizontally, hv u thought abt the gears, ecu, fanbelt etc?

There is really nothing you won't see on nairaland

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 08, 2015
egesie:

that's more impossible than the word "impossible"...diff configuration, mercedes benz engines are mounted verticallly while toyota camry engines are mounted horizontally, hv u thought abt the gears, ecu, fanbelt etc?

Nothing I saw the post to reply tire me. Benz engines are even cheaper and more durable a 2003 C class v6 engine goes for 60 to 70k let alone a V boot. The question should be putting a c class engine inside a vboot.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Bizibi(m): 6:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
Please someone should help me on this,my ml350 tire makes a screeching noise,I stopped by at a nearby vulcanizer and he told me the tire is good but it is a mechanic job but I just want to know from any expert here on this particular problem
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by praxisnetworks: 7:07pm On Mar 08, 2015
egesie:

why discourage him....let him try...we learn everyday wink
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by praxisnetworks: 7:13pm On Mar 08, 2015
SAVEDBABA:

post pics of ur innovations joor am following keenly
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by egesie(m): 10:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
praxisnetworks:

post pics of ur innovations joor am following keenly

lol, u're bad ooo grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by praxisnetworks: 10:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
lets encourage creativity....
egesie:

lol, u're bad ooo
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
Why not a w202 engine?
You will save yourself a lot of stress that way. A Toyota engine won't fix into a Benz without a lot of modifications.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
0rex:

Why not a w202 engine?
You will save yourself a lot of stress that way. A Toyota engine won't fix into a Benz without a lot of modifications.
I ws tinking of toyota engine because of cost of maintenance
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by praxisnetworks: 11:12pm On Mar 08, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

SAVEDBABA:
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 09, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
Ok.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by muhamm3d: 2:22am On Mar 09, 2015
Konnektions146:
Hello House,

Please I need some input,

My Car Clmatronic , ceased cold air on drivers' side but was working on the passenger side well, after 2 days, all stopped-no cold air again.

I stopped by an AC tech shop and they said they need to add Compressor oil , they evacuated the system, added the oil and then recharged with R134a.
the car was working perfectly on Saturday as the refill was ongoing and as i left after the job but on Sunday, the AC couldn't blow cold air.

I took it back to the shop and they checked and said the system has sufficient gas(refrigerant ) but that the compressor has failed.

I was shocked , Next the man said that he will Use another compressor for Peugeot 507 to construct and i will use it for years .

I Queried why it must be that and not a direct fit as replacement, then he said that the new one in the market is china and wont work for more than 1 week and it will pack up again

Please has anyone had such issues and what was the solution?
first of all ur complaint is nt detailed enough, u need to state d type of benz ur driving, d year and all. secondly, u need to read well bout ur vehicle cos these our local technicians ar d worst things to happn to mankind. Back to ur complaint, is ur climate control blowing look warm or just out right cool outside air? Benz compressors are very strong, they hardly spoil atlist to my knowledge. Hence, i am 60pcent sure ur compressor is still good. It might be ur duo valves that are completely out, so u might need to clean them or change dem completely. Does it blow cold fr some seconds b4 it starts blow outside air? There are alot of factors dt may cause d lack of cold air frm ur vents but i will tell u d least of all is d compressor. On d issue of putting a 504 compressor i am guessing u are joking. Benz systems are intertwined, if u break the system, u might nver drive d car again if care is not taken.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by praxisnetworks: 2:33am On Mar 09, 2015
have this issue blows chilled air and suddenly starts blowing ordinary air...not thermostating o...and a check in the engine bay reveals chilled/icing ac pipes....while atimes it will just start blowing hot air angry angry still skeptical about pulling the dash though but disabled the heater water passage.

muhamm3d:
first of all ur complaint is nt detailed enough, u need to state d type of benz ur driving, d year and all. secondly, u need to read well bout ur vehicle cos these our local technicians ar d worst things to happn to mankind. Back to ur complaint, is ur climate control blowing look warm or just out right cool outside air? Benz compressors are very strong, they hardly spoil atlist to my knowledge. Hence, i am 60pcent sure ur compressor is still good. It might be ur duo valves that are completely out, so u might need to clean them or change dem completely. Does it blow cold fr some seconds b4 it starts blow outside air? There are alot of factors dt may cause d lack of cold air frm ur vents but i will tell u d least of all is d compressor. On d issue of putting a 504 compressor i am guessing u are joking. Benz systems are intertwined, if u break the system, u might nver drive d car again if care is not taken.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by praxisnetworks: 2:35am On Mar 09, 2015
check this thread and you will see detailed discussion about the peugeot compressor in mercs....auhanson and ziccoit plus aikerism even eyop if you can get hold of them.

muhamm3d:
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by muhamm3d: 2:42am On Mar 09, 2015
praxisnetworks:
have this issue blows chilled air and suddenly starts blowing ordinary air...not thermostating o...and a check in the engine bay reveals chilled/icing ac pipes....while atimes it will just start blowing hot air angry angry still skeptical about pulling the dash though but disabled the heater water passage.

i guess it blows for approximately 2minutes or there abouts b4 it starts blowing cool air. That is ur compressor entering an emergency mode to prevent it from packing up or continuing to freez up ur evaporator. So d compressor cuts out. I am 80pcent sure its ur evaporator temperature sensor is out. What type of benz do u use? Is it d one wd d digital ac control knobs or analog, if its digital u call pull out ur ac fault codes from d display. But ur best bet is d evaporator temprature sensor.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by muhamm3d: 2:50am On Mar 09, 2015
praxisnetworks:

while d hot air should most likely be ur duo valves. They might be clogged up. Is d hot air blowing frm both d passenger side and drivers side. Or one side is warmer dn d other? U can just just tap ur duovalves wd d plastic part of d screw driver or jus completely clean them....but first pulling out d fault codes will save u alot of stress.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Konnektions146(m): 6:05am On Mar 09, 2015
muhamm3d:
my bad, its a 2005 C240 4MATIC

it was blowing cold air on the passenger side, when i read on the internet forums suggests a system low on refrigerant,

I took it to the technician who also suggests a recharge but also stated he needs to add compressor oil. He flushed the system and filled in oil thru the same point with the R134a(Someone said this killed the Compressor).

during the recharge, and after the recharge, everything was working so well, the AC was back fully as usual but a day after, the AC refused working, blowing air , though when i put on the AC, there is this feel on the engine that the Compressor is engaged but no cold air.

Another Technician told me that adding oil was a bad decision and could have harmed the compressor, ALso checking the AC piping doesnt indicate is working well as it does not have the icy-cold feel when i use my finger to feel it .

I declined the construction he adviced and ordered for a compressor but not had it changed yet.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by muhamm3d: 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
Konnektions146:

my bad, its a 2005 C240 4MATIC

it was blowing cold air on the passenger side, when i read on the internet forums suggests a system low on refrigerant,

I took it to the technician who also suggests a recharge but also stated he needs to add compressor oil. He flushed the system and filled in oil thru the same point with the R134a(Someone said this killed the Compressor).

during the recharge, and after the recharge, everything was working so well, the AC was back fully as usual but a day after, the AC refused working, blowing air , though when i put on the AC, there is this feel on the engine that the Compressor is engaged but no cold air.

Another Technician told me that adding oil was a bad decision and could have harmed the compressor, ALso checking the AC piping doesnt indicate is working well as it does not have the icy-cold feel when i use my finger to feel it .

I declined the construction he adviced and ordered for a compressor but not had it changed yet.
do u know what you will do? Go to your car now allow the car to run for about 20 mins or 30 mins....lets say when the temperature gauge is at its hottest. try and switch on the ac, if it doesn't pick switch the ac off and try again. if it still doesn't pick switch off the ignition and try kicking in the ac again. try and get back to me on the result. R134a is the best refrigerant for benz. never listen to our so called repairers, they know absolutely nothing.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by praxisnetworks: 12:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
its not the compressor...but the valves the cool air is permanently more effective at the screen direction...hence I need to ensure the cool air is redirected towards the passengers since the climatic directional controls dont work again!

muhamm3d:
i guess it blows for approximately 2minutes or there abouts b4 it starts blowing cool air. That is ur compressor entering an emergency mode to prevent it from packing up or continuing to freez up ur evaporator. So d compressor cuts out. I am 80pcent sure its ur evaporator temperature sensor is out. What type of benz do u use? Is it d one wd d digital ac control knobs or analog, if its digital u call pull out ur ac fault codes from d display. But ur best bet is d evaporator temprature sensor.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by praxisnetworks: 1:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
I have disconnected the duo valves.....if we are saying the same thing. So i just need to redirect the cool air from the screen towards the passengers..its a w210 auto climatic

muhamm3d:
while d hot air should most likely be ur duo valves. They might be clogged up. Is d hot air blowing frm both d passenger side and drivers side. Or one side is warmer dn d other? U can just just tap ur duovalves wd d plastic part of d screw driver or jus completely clean them....but first pulling out d fault codes will save u alot of stress.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
my w202 is struggling to move when engaged. am yet to call a mechanic till weekend

is it a gear problem or clutch. its my first manual ride so i guess am still learning how to use it
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by praxisnetworks: 11:25pm On Mar 10, 2015
most likely clutch....if it revs well @idle

aguiyi:
my w202 is struggling to move when engaged. am yet to call a mechanic till weekend

is it a gear problem or clutch. its my first manual ride so i guess am still learning how to use it

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:28am On Mar 18, 2015
Hello house, just got the Mercedes c4 scanner and I'm eager to test it, if you have a Mercedes in the ogba ikeja axis and you want a "free" scan lease contact me via my signature. Or 08023251039

Just need to scan 1 car to be sure the product works fine.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
Please guys assist with this thread. Real help is needed here thanx y'a'' : https://www.nairaland.com/2204968/mercedes-benz-c200-c220-just
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
Guitarlife:
Please guys assist with this thread. Real help is needed here thanx y'a'' : https://www.nairaland.com/2204968/mercedes-benz-c200-c220-just

I have been on the look out recently for cheap and strong cars.

I seem to have settled for the 1998/1999 model of c200/c220. While am more particular about the 1.8L or at most 2.0L engines I need info from experineced guys on the dos and donts am supposed to adhere to.

Am aware it shouldnt cost more than 800K for a solids toks manual.

I just want car enthusiasts and experienced guys to weigh my choice.

Is buying the car a good choice interms of fuel consumption and maintenance or should i just go for toyota which might cost more ?

Its my first car but I have been driving my parents car for a long time.

Tanx all.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 19, 2015
The C200 and C220 are both great cars. I hope you know would need a good workshop to keep those cars in top shape not a road side mechanic. Where are you located?

The manual transmission is a bit rare personally I would advice the face lifted version that's the MY 2000. Regardless is a good car and the W202 is said to be last solid Benz Merc built according to some folks.

Get a clean history non accidented one and you would be happy you did and and kindly join the whatsapp group most people on there group drive w202 and they tackle the problems together if any.

I don't advice people that don't have a passion for Benz to one.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
cne010:
The C200 and C220 are both great cars. I hope you know would need a good workshop to keep those cars in top shape not a road side mechanic. Where are you located?

The manual transmission is a bit rare personally I would advice the face lifted version that's the MY 2000. Regardless is a good car and the W202 is said to be last solid Benz Merc built according to some folks.

Get a clean history non accidented one and you would be happy you did and and kindly join the whatsapp group most people on there group drive w202 and they tackle the problems together if any.

Thanks for ur time. Can you please explain what you mean by both MY2000 and W202.

I stay in abeokuta.

Thanks once more.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2015
cne010:

I have gone online and I seem to understand somethings now.

But one quick question, how can I identify a benz engine type ?

What and where will I check to know wether the car is carrying a M111.920 or M111.940.

I know my question sounds ridiculous but am in love with benz. Tanx.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 19, 2015
Guitarlife:
Thanks for ur time. Can you please explain what you mean by both MY2000 and W202.

I stay in abeokuta.

Thanks once more.

Mercedes Benz started the class era so its the first one hence the w201
After that from 1993 to 2000 W202
from 2001 to 2007 W203
From 2007 to 2013 W204

The W202 was upgraded aka facelifted in the year 2000 so most of the problems have been corrected and they look better physically. I really can't tell the difference in the engines you stated. I only know the M112 the V6 and M111 the straight 6.

The best way to know that is through the VIN.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Insanity(m): 5:35pm On Mar 25, 2015
auhanson:

Infact, opposite that place too under the bridge, after the filling station, there is another guy who broke out from the Benz affairs. He knows his onions well , he use to fix my friends s class and all types and manner of Benz with complete set of diagnostic tools and good sense of Benz electricals, his bills are even moderate compair to Benz affairs, but he has a serious problem of keeping to appointment. if you can tolerate that, then you are good to go with him.

Please, where in Lagos are they located? Benz affairs and the one you mentioned. You have their contact details? I appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.