Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,444 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria (13939 Views)

Picttures And Video Footage Of Hausa/fulani Occupation Of Yorubaland / Pictures Of Fulani Occupation And Destruction Of Agatu Land...... / Why Are Yorubas Not Protesting The Fulanis Forceful Occupation Of Kwara??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by Dede1(m): 9:00pm On Sep 25, 2010
@Ibime

Whether it was a war or confrontation, Ekwumekwu signified resistance to British colonialism of Southern Protectorate. There was a wide sense of unsolicited assistance to any community under the heavy yolk of British colonial expedition. For example, Igbo warriors rushed to assist Nana of Itsekiri when his kingdom was attacked by British. The Ekwumekwu might not have been exclusive affairs of Igbo in the Anioma but it was war or confrontation worth to be remembered.
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by Dede1(m): 9:06pm On Sep 25, 2010
tpiah:

^^dont group Dede1 with those other three.

apples and oranges.

I extend my gratitude to Tpia for those words. At least, there is one among the multitude with a guided social order.
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 25, 2010
Dede1:

I extend my gratitude to Tpia for those words. At least, there is one among the multitude with a guided social order.

roll eyes
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by Dede1(m): 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

roll eyes

Are you surprised
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2010
Dede1:

Are you surprised
Get a grip on yourself. You're a tribalist, yours is just not as pronounced as the others.
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by AndreUweh(m): 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2010
@Ileke Idi.
Do not derail this thread further.
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 9:22pm On Sep 25, 2010
[size=14pt]Those towns mentioned in that article are little more than a hamlet, what is to be proud off, is it the arrested development that has being the cornestone of this area, instead of the poster to pursue geniue agitation(Like creation of Anioma State) that can improve the lot of your people, the poster chose to wallow in a senseless fable from moonlight.

I think the poster more than anything is comfortable with the maginalisation the area has being subjected to for decades lest he would take up their cause rather than glorifying a people who are no more than servants first to the Edo's now to the Urobohos.

This life of servitude in my text book is not one, one should be proud off, rather it is a shame any discerning man or woman from that area would like and want swept under the carpet. By glorifying slaves u are throdding on un-charted territory your post-colonial masters might find your article offensive, inflammatory and subversive.

[/size]
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by AndreUweh(m): 9:43pm On Sep 25, 2010
@KnowAll, you are wrong. The article is not about slavery. Reread the first post. It is about proud Igbo communities west of the Niger who gallantly resisted the British occupation of their land.
Modern day nationalist like Azikiwe etc have been glorified for the resistance of colonial rule. But prior to Azikiwe's era, there were people whom hitherto unknown also resisted imperialism. They are also heroes and should not be forgotten.
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by AndreUweh(m): 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2010
In terms of the creation of Anioma state, I have written so many articles in support of the creation of Anioma state. My uncle was a member of the Ohanaeze delegation that demanded for the creation of Anioma state in 1991 from IBB.

Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by Dede1(m): 11:01pm On Sep 25, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Get a grip on yourself. You're a tribalist, yours is just not as pronounced as the others.

I am not falling off my chair yet. The last I check though, I am Igbo and represent an ethnic group. Since you are not a Yoruba, I guess you are nobody. If I may go with words of Dr. Akinrinde Fadipe, I am honored to be a representative of my ethnic group. It is social malady when a person denies his/her ethnicity. Are you one of the goons?
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 25, 2010
Dede1:

I am not falling off my chair yet. The last I check though, I am Igbo and represent an ethnic group. Since you are not a Yoruba, I guess you are nobody. If I may go with words of Dr. Akinrinde Fadipe, I am honored to be a representative of my ethnic group. It is social malady when a person denies his/her ethnicity. Are you one of the goons?
But my dear, you've fallen short of your glory, get a grip. You're not the only one that represents [or has represented a tribe], once again, it's HOW you represent that tribe that matters.
LOL Will knowing my tribe or where I stand change your perception about me? Prolly will, knowing that you're a tribalist.
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by tpiah: 11:44pm On Sep 25, 2010
^^abeg stop attacking Dede1.

if you fancy him, let him know instead of beating around the bush in this manner.

didnt you use to be pro-Igbo before. Was it ezeuche who brought about this transformation and if so, there are other fish in the sea.
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 11:45pm On Sep 25, 2010
Ileke-Idi is a tribalist.

Dede1 is not a tribalist. In certain circumstances, I could be considered a tribalist. I shall admit that, but Dede1 is not one.
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 25, 2010
MaziUche0:

Ileke-Idi is a tribalist.

Dede1 is not a tribalist. In certain circumstances, I could be considered a tribalist. I shall admit that, but Dede1 is not one.

Whatever. So we're both a tribalist then?

tpiah:

^^abeg stop attacking Dede1.

if you fancy him, let him know instead of beating around the bush in this manner.

didnt you use to be pro-Igbo before. Was it ezeuche who brought about this transformation and if so, there are other fish in the sea.

Are you for real?

So all the other posters you've attacked in this section [including ezeuche] were just a stroke in your "I wish he was mines" list?
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by tpiah: 11:51pm On Sep 25, 2010
^^do i label people tribalist when they're not?

Dede1 is proud of where he comes from- is that a crime?

why do you keep attacking him for no good reason unless something else dey there.

for goodness sake, why would you group him with the likes of mekushort, ezeuche and aloy emeka?

dont even know if that's funny or not.
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 11:51pm On Sep 25, 2010
Why must I be the topic of this discussion?

Ileke-idi, you used to like the Ndi Igbo. tpiah, brought up a good point. What happened? Did I scorn you?  grin
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 25, 2010
Dede1:

Treachery is quite inherent. All these loudmouthed sons of cowards who could not withstand the look of drunken soldiers of northern Nigeria origin are at it again. I have noticed this act of blowing hot political air in 1999 presidential election in which some of these empty barrels threatened to lockdown Lagos if AD candidate did not carry the day.

It took only two weeks as AD ceased to exist as a political party and the perennial noisemakers suddenly realized the person occupying Aso Rock was the son of soil.

If GEJ depends on the vote or political backing from the south western region of Nigeria, I say he is a bigger fool than when flouted the PDP’s constitution.   

Dede1:

Ndigbos marginalization stems from the defeat of Biafra as a result of Nigeria/Baifra civil war. I am not surprised that a loudmouthed son of backstabber, betrayal artist and inherent coward would have the audacious pedigree to associated Ndigbo with a word such as betray.

Dede1:

I do not want to sound as alarmist but many Ndigbo are behaving like Ironsi. If any person takes northern region of Nigeria for granted, he/she stands to regret it. The preparedness of Ndigbo in the event of spiral of arms during or after 2011 Nigerian presidential election gives me serious concern. Ndigbo must not be lured to sleep because our enemies are abound and plentiful.

This board is filled with loudmouthed punks from the southern Nigeria whose main beef is accusing any leader of being a thief. I guess Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will soon become a thief too.

Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by tpiah: 11:56pm On Sep 25, 2010
^^that's political talk etc.

big difference if you take time to understand the context.
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 25, 2010
I wasnt intent on going this far, until Dede1 kept denying. .  . .must we bring sexuality and attraction into every conversation?

MaziUche0:

Why must I be the topic of this discussion?

Ileke-idi, you used to like the Ndi Igbo. tpiah, brought up a good point. What happened? Did I scorn you?  grin
LOL If it makes you feel better  kiss kiss

I still like the Ndi Igbo lol, but how does me calling Dede1 a tribalist show that I dont?  
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by Arysexy(m): 1:35am On Sep 26, 2010
Hmmmmmmmmmmm Ileke-idi and tpiah falling over mighty Ezeuche, Ezeuche i wish , make u give me one tongue tongue tongue shocked
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by Dede1(m): 2:47am On Sep 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

But my dear, you've fallen short of your glory, get a grip. You're not the only one that represents [or has represented a tribe], once again, [b]it's HOW you represent that tribe that matters.[/b]LOL Will knowing my tribe or where I stand change your perception about me? Prolly will, knowing that you're a tribalist.

I recall your handle name sounds and appears Yoruba. Therefore, you are a condescending tribal irredentist. Believe me, your thoughtless approach of labeling me a tribal icon can not change the manner I represent my ethnicity in any socio-political atmosphere.
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:53am On Sep 26, 2010
Dede1:

I recall your handle name sounds and appears Yoruba. Therefore, you are a condescending tribal irredentist. Believe me, your thoughtless approach of labeling me a tribal icon can not change the manner I represent my ethnicity in any socio-political atmosphere.   
LOL I wasnt expecting you to change, I was just pointing out a few dents in your character, just as you were pointing mines out. wink tongue

Anywaz, for someone tpia is willing to defend, you must cover your tracks well . [That woman hates everybody]

*Retracts fangs*
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by udezue(m): 3:55am On Sep 26, 2010
Illeke, Texaspet, if you have nothing smart to say kindly leave the thread alone. I hate seeing educational topics get derailed by morons. Texaspet u are from an insignificant tribe not worth talking about. I doubt if u even have history worth teaching. Please leave Igbo history alone. Its rich and there's a lot to learn. U don't have to learn about it. Its not for a slowpoke like you.
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by tpiah: 5:08am On Sep 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

LOL I wasnt expecting you to change, I was just pointing out a few dents in your character, just as you were pointing mines out. wink tongue

Anywaz, for someone tpia is willing to defend, you must cover your tracks well . [That woman hates everybody]

*Retracts fangs*

just stop insulting your betters simply because you have a keyboard.

end of.

oo leko rara.
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by komando7(m): 6:16am On Sep 26, 2010
Ileke-idi and tilapia fishmunt are one and the same. Why would tpia be having conversations with herself like becomerich does? LoL
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 7:04pm On Sep 26, 2010
chyz:

please focus on the fulanis that are pushing your people out of their land and are taking over kwara state.

I'm from Edo state. I don't see any fulanis pushing anyone out in my state. You paranoid lot think anyone that has a dissenting opinion from yours must be Yoruba.

Dede1:

This sort of idiotic display is the fuel that runs the engine which seeks the disintegration of  Nigeria. In fact, the earlier the cesspit called Nigeria is disintegrated the better for its former inhabitants.

And how does this topic help to keep Nigeria together? Focus on the present so that your children can grow up in a better Nigeria instead of beating your chests over past glories!
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2010
tpiah:

just stop insulting your betters simply because you have a keyboard.

end of.

oo leko rara.

Yes ma, e jo, e ma binu
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by chyz(m): 7:06pm On Sep 26, 2010
texazzpete:

I'm from Edo state. I don't see any fulanis pushing anyone out in my state. You paranoid lot think anyone that has a dissenting opinion from yours must be Yoruba.

You are yoruba.
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by Ibime(m): 7:27pm On Sep 26, 2010
texazzpete:

And how does this topic help to keep Nigeria together?

Who told you anyone in this thread is interested in keeping Nigeria together? Please mind your business.
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by tpiah: 9:36pm On Sep 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Yes ma, e jo, e ma binu

beg yourself plz, not me.
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by udezue(m): 5:36am On Sep 27, 2010
Texaspette, learn to start a fight u can win coz u are such a sorry loser right now. What does Igbo history resistance have to do with keeping Nigeria one or not?
Just admit u are a bigoted slowpoke so full of hate u fail to think b4 spouting ur usual rubbish about a ppl that don't need ur approval to learn about their own hi
story. In Texas we learn about history of different ppl and its a shame that fools like u claim one Nigeria yet have a problem with even seeing folks discuss important history. No one needs ur attack. Why don't u do something about sex trafficking plaguing ur state. Whatelse are ur ppl known for except spreading legs for men across Europe.
Re: The Western Igbo Resistance Of The British Occupation Of Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 7:08am On Sep 27, 2010
Ibime:

Who told you anyone in this thread is interested in keeping Nigeria together? Please mind your business.
udezue:

Texaspette, learn to start a fight u can win coz u are such a sorry loser right now. What does Igbo history resistance have to do with keeping Nigeria one or not?

And did you read the comment from Dede1 that i quoted, where he said my views are of those who are trying to tear Nigeria apart?

udezue:

Just admit u are a bigoted slowpoke so full of hate u fail to think b4 spouting your usual rubbish about a ppl that don't need your approval to learn about their own hi
story. In Texas we learn about history of different ppl and its a shame that fools like u claim one Nigeria yet have a problem with even seeing folks discuss important history. No one needs your attack. Why don't u do something about sex trafficking plaguing your state. Whatelse are your ppl known for except spreading legs for men across Europe.

Dude, you guys need to get off this state of paranoia for your own good. Not everyone who has a dissenting opinion is an 'enemy of the Igbos'. Showering such childish insults at me just because i'm urging you folk to respond more to the needs of the present day than dwelling in the past. I don't have a problem with you discussing past history, but you need to recognise the critical fact that if you're commending the heroic resistance of the Igbos in the past, what will people speak of your generation in 50 years time?

This is not about 'starting a fight i can win'. There's nothing to 'win' here. Does this add any kobo to my pocket?

If you still feel aggrieved, then i apologize.

PS: there ARE different tribes in Edo state, and obviously your 'prostitution' jibes are aimed at the binis, a tribe to which i do not belong. However what you can't take away from the bini people is
1. They kicked out the PDP from Edo State in 2007 after years of non-performance, voting in an Etsako man (oshiomhole) over their own kinsman running under PDP's flag.
2. At least the traditional rulers and most of the common man in the state are solidly against kidnapping.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Athan Achonu Builds ?new Dubai? In Imo State: Says, ?we Have Funding For It / Boko Haram Says AIT Phone-in Interview Call Is Fake / Corruption In Oil Sector: I'll Fight To Create New Image - President Buhari Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.