Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,293 members, 7,818,991 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? (18186 Views)

Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / Can Black Magic(juju)be Sent To Someone Abroad / Juju/black Magic In Nigeria - Blood Money And Spiritual Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2010
tensor777:

^ I have to say that you are not making sense. The question is why should we share your world view. What is the reason for your atheism? Speculation by confused souls like Brown and Dawkins? Propaganda in the state schools you attended?
I always said your main purpose on this thread was to twist it into a pointless debate about nonsensical atheism.

I think I am clear, I give plenty reason for my atheism, you give me speculations about your belief. You have not provided on speck of evidence to the contrary.

Tensor, how you can come on here and type whilst ignoring every question I have put before you is embarrassing. At least acknowledge that you were asked and you do not know. To just ignore it makes you come across as bumbling
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
Ranoscky:

My broda,

No need of typin genesis to revelation just to make your point b'cos it's pointless !!!

Keep your insults comin, i can see that's the mentality of the westerners when one refused their world view.

My believe? undecided JUJU exists !!! cool

and yet again, you fail to answer.

You typical ' its what I believe' as a blanket statement is why you continue to live in ignorance. Ask the relevant questions.
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 2:09pm On Oct 01, 2010
@ Tensor,

I do not believe everyone should share my world views, but when your belief flies in the face of accepted science you have to question.

this is a great quote "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2010
We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2010
You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe patently evident by Tensor and Rascocky.

Avoid debates, avoid questions and avoids rational. and you wonder why Nigeria is in a mess when it is governed by the same mentality
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 01, 2010
^
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2010
QUITE CLEARLY LET ME STATE I AM AN ATHEIST.

We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation then it has to be rejected.
Simply having blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence would you not say?

Religion convinced the world that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do. And there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or else you'll go to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity. But he loves you! ,
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 2:34pm On Oct 01, 2010
Tensor,

I have gone through these post and cant find you answering any questions I pose.

is there a reason or are you going to ignore this one too?
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2010
^
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2010
[
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 2:50pm On Oct 01, 2010
As an atheist, I lack a belief in deities. That's it. Apart from that, I am just a regular people with the same hopes, dreams and fears as anyone else. Of course I believe in love, friendship and so on., but believing in love and friendship is different from believing in a god. Perhaps a better way of putting it is that I value these things rather than believe in them.
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 01, 2010
^
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 4:14pm On Oct 01, 2010
Hahah,

cannot even answer any questions even when I answered yours. Typical religious belief unsubstantiated and delusional.
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 4:17pm On Oct 01, 2010
Your faith does not give you any answers, it just stops you asking the question Tensor.
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2010
smiley
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 4:34pm On Oct 01, 2010
What?

Overo "Tensor, why do you believe"
Tensor  lipsrsealed

Overo "OK?!, do you have evidence why you believe in God?"
Tensor lipsrsealed

Overo "OK?. can you explain some of the things the bible say?"
Tensor  lipsrsealed

Overo "OK?!, Why do you pray to a being who never answers back and if he has, tell me the proof?"
Tensor  lipsrsealed embarassed

Overo "OK?!, can you explain why Your God did these things in the bible?"
Tensor  lipsrsealed embarassed  embarassed

Overo " Ok, thanks for answering"
Tensor " what do you believe in?"
Overo " ahh you found your voice, I do not believe in an invisible being, nor do i believe in a work of fiction as the book of life"
Tensor "as you don't believe In anything I will not talk"
Overo shocked
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 4:44pm On Oct 01, 2010
Overo: If God is omnipotent (all-powerful), why did he take six days to create everything? Why not speak everything into existence all at once?
Tensor lipsrsealed

Overo: How is it that the bible explains the earth to be 6,000 to 8,000 years old when we know that dinosaur bones are at least 65 million years old? This isn't the only example of our planet's age by any means, either.
Tensor

Overo: In the book of Luke chapter 19 verse 27, Jesus says, "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me." This seems pretty clear that Jesus would have Christians kill all non-believers. How do you explain this? Convert them or kill them, right?
Tensor tongue embarassed

Overo If God is perfect then his creations should be perfect, right? Then that would mean that the earth is a perfect creation. Then why would God have to create another perfect place, heaven, and use it to entice us to believe in him? What kind of assurance do we have that heaven would be any better than his other 'perfect' creation, earth?
Tensor angry

Overo If heaven is to be a place free of sadness, pain and suffering, then how can you be happy in heaven knowing that the vast majority of humankind is painfully burning for eternity, especially when some of them may be your loved ones?
Tensor lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 01, 2010
smiley
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 4:57pm On Oct 01, 2010
Tensor yet again lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
Overo - Why is it that when you are faced with questions that have huge negative implications towards your logic of your faith, you conveniently say that it is in God's plan? Is the scope of their own understanding of the religion and God they have offered their souls to so limited that their only answer is 'God's plan'? Judging by the above mentioned failures, God's plan does not seem to be a very good one.
Tensor lipsrsealed
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 5:03pm On Oct 01, 2010
Overo: How did Adam live to 930, Seth 912 and Methuselah 969 years old when anthropological evidence shows that we have progressively increased our longevity throughout history? If they did live that long back then, this concept would be reversed and our longevity should have been decreasing throughout history, right? That would mean that people 500 years ago should have lived to at least 200 years old. Why do we not find evidence of this throughout written historical birth and death records as well as archaeological and anthropological evidence?

Tensor lipsrsealed

LOL, shall I keep going or are you going to say " as I dont believe, i will not debate?"
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 5:07pm On Oct 01, 2010
tensor777:

Again since you don't believe in deities you shouldn't even be asking these types of questions. Again I would like you to affirm what you believe in.

So if i don't believe in dieties I should not be asking these question. Who should ask these important questions?

Are you saying only those who believe in dieties should ask questions about why they believe in dieties?
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 5:11pm On Oct 01, 2010
You complain about how the government in Nigeria can be so corrupt, so wicked, so evil that they will use money for the people hide it in Swiss accounts, lavish food and gifts to their friends whilst their people starve. This wicked evil government. Now Imagine that I had the power and ability to feed millions and end all suffering. Now, imagine that I simply chose not to do so because these millions of people that are suffering did not like me. You would probably like me even less then, right? Then why does God get a 'get out of jail free card' on that one? Wait a minute, 'God's plan,' right? ok?!!1

Tensor cry
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 5:16pm On Oct 01, 2010
A disciple of Christ, Thomas, was a skeptic. He walked with Jesus during his time on earth and physically witnessed with his own eyes certain miracles performed by him such as raising Lazarus from the dead and so forth. However, after the crucifixion, Jesus supposedly rose three days later and Thomas did not believe it was truly him despite being told, prior to the incident by Jesus, that he would rise again in three days. Thomas required physical proof. Jesus allowed him to touch him and feel the wounds in his body to offer that proof to Thomas. Why doesn't god extend the same proof to humans alive today? Those that doubt his existence are no different than Thomas, requiring physical proof and he was a disciple of Jesus himself. If Thomas had been born one generation later, or even living today, he would have burned in hell for all eternity because he would not believe for the lack of physical proof. Paul was born after the death and ascension of Christ. Throughout his life, he did not believe that Jesus was the son of God and even went out of his way to persecute and murder Christians thinking that their religion was a dangerous belief system to practice. Lo and behold a flash of light came out of the sky and Jesus Christ himself appeared to Paul explaining to him that he is actually the one true god. Jesus told him that he was persecuting the followers of the only true faith. From that point on, Paul was a converted Christian. Again, if God was willing to go out of his way to physically prove to Paul that he actually exists, why is this not done today? Why isn't God willing to show those that doubt today the same degree of physical proof? Why should we be any different than Thomas and Paul?
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 01, 2010
[
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2010
LOL, I take my years of systematic brainwashing, vs religions generations of brainwashing.

You Tensor have been exposed as someone who when the argument and debate gets tough, you resort to what would pass in primary school " I dont want to play anymore!!" LOL

Debate provokes change,
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by DonOvero: 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2010
Another question of the many you CAN'T answer is if god is omnipotent can god make a rock that is too heavy for him to carry? Can god build a wall that even he can't tear down?

Also, if god knows everything, he knows what he will do in the "future" (in any dimension, not necessary the time dimension). He must have known that from the very start of his own existence. Thus god's actions are predestined. God is tied by faith, he has no free will. If god has no free will god is not omnipotent. Another way to put it is that to be able to make plans and decisions one must act over time. If god stands above time he can not do that and has no free will. Indeed, if god stands above all dimensions god is dimensionless - a singularity, nothing, void!

Besides there can exist no free wills at all if god is almighty. If you had a free will, god wouldn't know what you would do tomorrow and wouldn't be omnipotent.

Please answer, pretty please.

LOL somewhere on this forum they listed you as one of the great minds on Naira Land shocked Really !! Then Nigeria is Lost
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by Timmi: 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2010
@ Donevero:

As an atheist, you seem to act counter to others belief, without believing in anything. That in itself is a fallacy. Your premise as an atheist is that God does not exist and as such those that believe in God are simple minded and cannot reason nor rationalize. That again is a fallacy and as a student of psychology, you should know that your claim as an atheist and not believing in anything is not logical.

However, I want to address some issues that you should logically consider in your unbelieving mind.

1. If God does not exist, then all the things that we experienced and see must have come into being by happenstance. That is not logical, the orderliness and the complexity of things around us, even some that up till now still defies scientific explanation, showed that there is a higher being that created this complexity and orderliness.

2. Science did not discover anything, but rather tries to find explanation for what has been created. Everything has been created, we as humans are trying to find out the mechanism of these creations and how we can best apply these intricacies to resolve other human problems.

3. God created a perfect man in Adam and prepared a place for him to nurture, but God gave man a choice by presenting Adam the two trees, explained the consequences of choosing either one of them and allowed Adam to make his choice. That in itself is a God like quality, for our parents, growing up rarely gave us a choice. God instituted a choice theory so as not to create a zombie.

4. What we choose then is up to us, just as you have choosing not to believe in God and God allowed you to choose whether to believe in Him or not knowing the consequences of your choice.

5. You seems to know some parts of the Bible, but you have chosen to use the areas that you feel like using while using them also out of context. For if you have taken time to read through the old Testament, you would have seen where God told His people exactly what will happen in the future - some as far off as 400-years, forewarned them and told them what they should do to prevent such occurrence and yet they choose to do the opposite and hence they have to face the consequence of their choices. Same thing applies now, we are allowed to choose knowing the consequences of our action or inaction, however, once we choose, we have no control over the consequence.

In closing, let me remind you of what the Lord - Jesus Christ said in Luke 9:56 - "For the son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them."

I wish you well in your choices, but I advise that you choose right.
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by Debroslink: 9:52pm On Oct 01, 2010
WE HAVE PASTORS (REAL AND FAKE) WHO PERFORM MIRACLES. PLS WHERE ARE THEY GETTING THEIR MIRACLE POWERS 4RM??

DONOVERO, PLS JUST COME 2 IJEBU-ODE DURING HER FESTIVALS AND SEE LIVE JUJU ON DISPLAY. HAVE U SEEN A MAN FLYING IN D SKY ON BROAD DAY LIGHT IN FRONT OF PEOPLE. OR WHAT CAN U SAY OF ORO FESTIVALS IN SOME TOWNS IN OGUN STATE?

PAY A VISIT 2 IJEBU-IGBO AND SEE THINGS 4 URSELF.

REMEMBER, SEEING IS BELIEVING,

JUJU IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SATAN IS REAL!!!!!!!

GOD IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by Debroslink: 9:53pm On Oct 01, 2010
WE HAVE PASTORS (REAL AND FAKE) WHO PERFORM MIRACLES. PLS WHERE ARE THEY GETTING THEIR MIRACLE POWERS 4RM??

DONOVERO, PLS JUST COME 2 IJEBU-ODE DURING HER FESTIVALS AND SEE LIVE JUJU ON DISPLAY. HAVE U SEEN A MAN FLYING IN D SKY ON BROAD DAY LIGHT IN FRONT OF PEOPLE. OR WHAT CAN U SAY OF ORO FESTIVALS IN SOME TOWNS IN OGUN STATE?

PAY A VISIT 2 IJEBU-IGBO AND SEE THINGS 4 URSELF.

REMEMBER, SEEING IS BELIEVING,

JUJU IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SATAN IS REAL!!!!!!!

GOD IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by Lenny9000(m): 1:18am On Oct 02, 2010
@DonOvero
I didn’t bother reading most of your stuff about Christianity not because I am being rude, but because that part is settled and makes no sense to argue. See it this way "I am eating rice and chicken" and someone that believes he is extra smart tells me no you are not eating, but actually sleeping, just your mind playing ticks on you. So do I argue with such? Nope! I will just continue wacking and enjoying my rice and chicken. Why waste time arguing with the self styled expert, so my food can get cold? Some of us Christians have personal and physical proofs of why we say we are Christians. And yes I have heard every talk/argument on this topic, Again its like this, I pray and ask God for a shoe and a long lost friend appears and gives me a brad new shoe and I say Thank you God, but the self style expert says its coincidence Bla! bla!, Next I pray for 1000bucks and my brother who knows nothing of it gives me 1000bucks and again I say thank you God and the self style expert says its coincidence, And it continues to a sick person the doctor has left for dead and after praying he walks, I say Thanks to God expert says body heals itself, To me there is no argument here. I am happy with my personal results, the self style expert is happy with his knowledge/explanation, so both of us are cool and can live happily. But trouble will come when the self styled expert wants/tries to force his opinion down my throat because those coincidences never ever happens until I pray and ask God for help, As for me and God, it is personal. I got my most “PRECIOUS” by God’s grace so I might as well be the only one alive that believes in God. No shaking!

Now back to the juju and stuff… you still didn’t make any valid point on the issues raised on my post. I said whenever you wanna go to Naija, holla! And then we can see the rain makers or do I have to pay your trip? It is after the rainmakers doesn’t convince you, then you can continue in your disbelieve until then I suggest you hold your peace cos no point in going back and forth, Evil people do ritual killing and make money, By the way what was that Governor Oji doing in that shine? Taking a bath? I assume you have seen the pics on this site. Back to Discovery Channel, they show some dark stuff that we term juju so what are we arguing about. Speak to people that have actually visited Indian and see the power of some forces instead of arguing trying to convince yourself. If you are 100% sure of what you are saying visit India or any worshipper/priest of “Kali” and say you don’t believe in juju/dark force and see if you will come out alive. Please there are certain things that are a million years way beyond you, the Western people know these, some are involved in it but come out in the open and denounce it as fantasy and you clap! In truth you are the one being deceived because the people you are championing their theories actually believe and practice them in secret. Yes it is Secretive, because it is Dark.
Peace
Re: What Has Been Your Experience With Juju? by CGKing(m): 2:04am On Oct 02, 2010
Iv had an xperience with juju. The mugus that i didnt do anything to, told me i wont prosper in the state. They did juju so i would die and it didnt work on me. How did i know? The said it. They did another one so i would suffer, and i didnt. They now tried to embarrass me in the city, spreading stupid upside down meaningless stories about me to the public, hoping to spur a mob action agaisnt me. I know they used juju to talk to ppl because every single sh.i.t they said even though it made no sense at all was surprising taken in by many, hook line and sinker.

At the end of the day, they embarrassed themselves and their families. Know y? No weapon brov, no weps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet Oba Solomon Dele Owoniyi, The New Obaro Of Kabba / Igboukwu Art In Comparison To Ife Art - Taught By Exotic / What Is English Name For "obokun" Fish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.