Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition (42165 Views)

Justice M. L Garba Replaces Zainab Bulkachuwa At Presidential Election Tribunal / Zainab Bulkachuwa: PDP Staff Protest Against Election Tribunal Chairman (PHOTOS) / DSS Speaks On Indictment Of Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa, Election Tribunal Chair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition by tuniski: 12:18pm On May 23, 2019
Peacemaker5129:
does that change the fact that he was massively defeated by mere Omo Alore

Does that make dead? Some discussions ain't worth it. Bye.
Re: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition by Peacemaker5129(f): 12:55pm On May 23, 2019
tuniski:

Does that make dead? Some discussions ain't worth it. Bye.
my point is Saraki dynasty is dead in Kwara state period.
Re: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition by budaatum: 2:24pm On May 23, 2019
Peacemaker5129:
my point is Saraki dynasty is dead in Kwara state period.
And to be honest, if perchance it ain't completely dead, we must continue killing it till it is!

Serious though. In a couple of generations, we'd all forget and his descendants would rise up again, albeit disguised as Ikaras, no doubt.

We must be vigilant!
Re: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition by Wisfem: 2:36pm On May 23, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Good it Buhari will still find another compromised puppet

Host of all the supreme court and appeal court judges are mere bastardized compromists and idiotic puppets to the wealthy powerful cabals noting changes. They must do his biding

1 Like

Re: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition by tuniski: 2:58pm On May 23, 2019
budaatum:

And to be honest, if perchance it ain't completely dead, we must continue killing it till it is!

Serious though. In a couple of generations, we'd all forget and his descendants would rise up again, albeit disguised as Ikaras, no doubt.

We must be vigilant!

Twisted
Re: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition by bakila: 3:31pm On May 23, 2019
wellmax:

Because she know there is no bases for bias as the court has now affirmed.
It is a likelihood of bias that is the issue, not bias itself. They know what they are doing.
Re: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition by wellmax(m): 4:43pm On May 23, 2019
bakila:

It is a likelihood of bias that is the issue, not bias itself. They know what they are doing.

but the court cleared her to sit on the panel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition by bakila: 6:12pm On May 23, 2019
wellmax:

but the court cleared her to sit on the panel
Who presided over the panel/court?
Re: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition by wellmax(m): 6:16pm On May 23, 2019
bakila:

Ask Google

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition by bakila: 6:30pm On May 23, 2019
wellmax:

Ask Google
Google's tongue is on strike.
Re: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition by budaatum: 7:40pm On May 23, 2019
bakila:
bakila: Google's tongue is on strike.

Then remain without knowledge until Google's tongue is unstriked! Except I can't help but educate you, so here goes:

The Justices of the 2019 Presidential Election Petition Tribunal are as follows:
1. Justice Zanaib Bulkachuwa (President of Court of Appeal and Chairman of the Panel)
2. Justice Abdul Aboki
3. Justice Peter Ige
4. Justice Joseph Ikyegh
5. Justice Samuel Oseji.

Note who the Chair is. This woman is just sounding better and better! She, along with other members of the Panel, heard the petition for her to recuse herself, voted against it unanimously, then she recused herself anyway!

Read what Atiku said about her:

"Justice Bulkachuwa's action has increased the confidence the public have for the judiciary.

"Her action showed courage and is an act of patriotism. She has, by this action, increased the confidence the public have for the judiciary.

"Not only do I commend her, I also pray, especially in this holy month of Ramadan, that Justice will be done by the tribunal according to the fear of God and not in keeping with respect for the powers that be."
Re: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition by Maximize52: 8:43pm On May 23, 2019
She had no option.
Re: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition by budaatum: 8:47pm On May 23, 2019
Maximize52:
She had no option.
How so?
Re: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition by bakila: 8:59pm On May 24, 2019
budaatum:

Then remain without knowledge until Google's tongue is unstriked! Except I can't help but educate you, so here goes:

The Justices of the 2019 Presidential Election Petition Tribunal are as follows:
1. Justice Zanaib Bulkachuwa (President of Court of Appeal and Chairman of the Panel)
2. Justice Abdul Aboki
3. Justice Peter Ige
4. Justice Joseph Ikyegh
5. Justice Samuel Oseji.

Note who the Chair is. This woman is just sounding better and better! She, along with other members of the Panel, heard the petition for her to recuse herself, voted against it unanimously, then she recused herself anyway!
r
Read what Atiku said about her:

"Justice Bulkachuwa's action has increased the confidence the public have for the judiciary.

"Her action showed courage and is an act of patriotism. She has, by this action, increased the confidence the public have for the judiciary.

"Not only do I commend her, I also pray, especially in this holy month of Ramadan, that Justice will be done by the tribunal according to the fear of God and not in keeping with respect for the powers that be."

Your just confirmed I do not need Google. She said she is eligible as chair of the panel, then on her own she refused to hear the matter. How convinient? I do not need Google on this matter, I need you to know she heard her matter and decide it in her favour- The law allows that she retain jurisdiction until it is determined.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition by budaatum: 9:09pm On May 24, 2019
bakila:

Your just answered for me. She said she is eligible as chair or the panel, then on her own she refused to hear the matter. How convinient? I do not need Google on this matter, because I have appeared before the PCA since 10 years ago.
I like your choice of words but you are being disingenuous! She did not "refused to hear the matter"!

She, told them to present their argument stating why she should recuse herself. She, and the four other panel members considered the petition and decided it had no merit. She, then decided to recuse herself regardless even though she didn't have to. And if you can't see the merit of her action I'm seriously going to go and cry for my country Nigeria or just be delighted that that there might be more sensible people like Atiku who does, despite my dying hope that he never becomes President of Nigeria, (though I'm now thinking that I might have to reconsider just so he can show your like what a commendable act should be!). angry
Re: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition by bakila: 10:21pm On May 24, 2019
budaatum:

I like your choice of words but you are being disingenuous! She did not "refused to hear the matter"!

She, told them to present their argument stating why she should recuse herself. She, and the four other panel members considered the petition and decided it had no merit. She, then decided to recuse herself regardless even though she didn't have to. And if you can't see the merit of her action I'm seriously going to go and cry for my country Nigeria or just be delighted that that there might be more sensible people like Atiku who does, despite my dying hope that he never becomes President of Nigeria, (though I'm now thinking that I might have to reconsider just so he can show your like what a commendable act should be!). angry
She should not have assigned herself to the Panel, knowing fully well that her beloved husband won election on the clout of Buhari. She know that is is not actual bias that is the worry, but the LIKELIHOOD OF BIAS. The ruling of the motion in my opinion ought not to have being activated if a neutral person who brought to chair the panel.
Re: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition by budaatum: 10:27pm On May 24, 2019
bakila:

She should not have assigned herself to the Panel, knowing fully well that her beloved husband won election on the clout of Buhari. She know that is is not actual bias that is the worry, but the LIKELIHOOD OF BIAS. The ruling of the motion in my opinion ought not to have being activated if a neutral person who brought to chair the panel.
She did not "assign herself to the panel"! She is a Judge who has worked her way to her job!

You know what, I tire for you. You will inshallah become a person in a responsible position someday and abandon this juvenile thought process you so strongly hold on to. In Jesus name I pray.
Re: Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition by bakila: 5:11am On May 25, 2019
budaatum:

She did not "assign herself to the panel"! She is a Judge who has worked her way to her job!

You know what, I tire for you. You will inshallah become a person in a responsible position someday and abandon this juvenile thought process you so strongly hold on to. In Jesus name I pray.
She is the Judicial Officer who constituted that panel,she knows what she is doing.
You are being naively juvenile or conveniently spining, if you think she does not know her links to APC, Sai Buhari and Next Level when she assigned herself to the panel. For your information, I first appeared before 12 years ago and in my first Petition 15 years ago, I know what gives in those matters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

George Akume Hosts Femi Fani-Kayode To A Lunch (Pictures) / Traditional Rulers Walk Out On Osinbajo In Delta State (Pics, Video) / Edward Onoja Slams Omoyele Sowore Over His 'Prayer' For His Daughter (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.