Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,727 members, 7,813,402 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

She Proposed To Him. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Proposed To Him. (1517 Views)

A Guy Disgraced His Beautiful Lady After She Proposed To Him / Lady In Tears After Her Boyfriend Turned Her Down As She Proposed To Him(Pics) / Another Lady Gets Rejected By Her Boyfriend After She Proposed In Lagos, Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Proposed To Him. by PStacks(m): 7:53am On May 24, 2019
Ladies In the House, Please be honest. Can you propose to Him?

Can you Justify the unjustifiable?
Can you explain the unexplainable?

Rewind 100 years before now, what you would hear is Tufiakwa over my dead body, How will I propose to my man to marry me.

Tradition and Culture forbids it.

The truth is, we were not there when these traditions and cultures were being galvanized in the first instance and it was for the times at the time.

Times are changing real fast and the old world orders as we know today are fast eroding and paving way for new world orders.

Ladies in the House, Can you propose to your man?

Honest answers would be appreciated please....

To Quote Barrack Obama..
"JUST BECAUSE IT IS A TRADITION DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT".

Some of our ancient traditions and cultures should be done away with but civilisation can never bring the buttocks from the back to start facing front.. Some things are outrightly impossible.

So, the gist that brought all these long story was the gist of a South African 33 Year old pantless dancer Zodwa Wabantu proposing to her 24 year old fiancee Ntobeko Linda and would adopt her surname after marriage.

1st. She is 33 and he is 24.
2nd. She did the proposing.
3rd. After marriage they would bear her surname.

Beat That.. lol.

Tradition and Culture has been stabbed over backwards a million times.

What she said that was most intriguing was this.. " Culture has nothing to do with us. We were not there when old people decided to do things their way. We will decide things for ourselves".

She also hinted that some hard working women give their boyfriends money to go to their families to go pay their bride price..

Did I hear someone say Wonders would never end...

https://www.omascope.com/diaspora/she-propsed-to-him

Re: She Proposed To Him. by Oluromantic: 7:55am On May 24, 2019
"JUST BECAUSE IT IS A TRADITION DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT".
Yes I'm a strong advocate of this. I'm also a fan of women proposing to men, I don't have issues with age I've dated girls that are older than me, maturity is of the mind.

One of the things that is putting Nigerians backwards is this idea of 'that's how they do it, that is the tradition, that is our culture.' As long as Nigerians hold onto these, there will be backwardness.

In one of my recent post about what guys don't like girls to do, I said I dislike myopic girls who just follow the general belief or tradition... The belief of 'that is how it is usually done.' No! Standout, think outside the box, dare to be different, command respect by being unique.. This is one of the reasons why many marriages are boring. Before marriage the man initiates every step and after wedding the status quo continues. For some women to turn their husbands on and initiate sex is still a big problem at middle age. Funny!
Re: She Proposed To Him. by rottennaija(m): 7:56am On May 24, 2019
The age no make sense for me
Re: She Proposed To Him. by PStacks(m): 8:14am On May 24, 2019
rottennaija:
The age no make sense for me

the boy doesn't know what he is doing.

e go soon taya am.

at 24.. I was still studying for my masters degree. Never start to follow woman sef

1 Like

Re: She Proposed To Him. by Ejika48(f): 8:19am On May 24, 2019
When money speaks....bullshit keep quiet!
Re: She Proposed To Him. by PStacks(m): 9:34am On May 24, 2019
Ejika48:
When money speaks....bullshit keep quiet!

its written in the Bible somewhere in the Book of Ecclesiattes..

"MONEY ANSWERETH ALL THINGS".

my brother. Money answers ALL things
Re: She Proposed To Him. by PStacks(m): 9:35am On May 24, 2019
Oluromantic:

Yes I'm a strong advocate of this. I'm also a fan of women proposing to men, I don't have issues with age I've dated girls that are older than me, maturity is of the mind.

One of the things that is putting Nigerians backwards is this idea of 'that's how they do it, that is the tradition, that is our culture.' As long as Nigerians hold onto these, there will be backwardness.

In one of my recent post about what guys don't like girls to do, I said I dislike myopic girls who just follow the general belief or tradition... The belief of 'that is how it is usually done.' No! Standout, think outside the box, dare to be different, command respect by being unique.. This is one of the reasons why many marriages are boring. Before marriage the man initiates every step and after wedding the status quo continues. For some women to turn their husbands on and initiate sex is still a big problem at middle age. Funny!

you couldnt have said it any better. Bless up bro.
Re: She Proposed To Him. by Ejika48(f): 1:04pm On May 24, 2019
Yes o. That's it. Gbam!!!
PStacks:

its written in the Bible somewhere in the Book of Ecclesiattes..

"MONEY ANSWERETH ALL THINGS".

my brother. Money answers ALL things
Re: She Proposed To Him. by Nobody: 11:17am On May 26, 2019
I like to wax my legs and stick the hair on my back. Why? Because it keeps my back warm. There's method in my madness.
Re: She Proposed To Him. by PStacks(m): 6:01pm On May 26, 2019
FzanyAjibs:
I like to wax my legs and stick the hair on my back. Why? Because it keeps my back warm. There's method in my madness.

Please speak English and stop all these madness

1 Like

Re: She Proposed To Him. by missimelda01(f): 6:15pm On May 26, 2019
I can't propose to man, especially in public.
This has nothing to do with any belief, it's very personal. If for any reason we've been in the relationship for too long, and I know we have the available resources to be married and you still don't want to pop the question, I'll discuss with you and if you don't give me a tangible reason for the delay then it probably means we are not heading in the same direction, I'll let the relationship go.
P.S this has nothing to do with love.
Re: She Proposed To Him. by PStacks(m): 11:37am On May 27, 2019
missimelda01:
I can't propose to man, especially in public.
This has nothing to do with any belief, it's very personal. If for any reason we've been in the relationship for too long, and I know we have the available resources to be married and you still don't want to pop the question, I'll discuss with you and if you don't give me a tangible reason for the delay then it probably means we are not heading in the same direction, I'll let the relationship go.
P.S this has nothing to do with love.

Real smart.

Some men are just outright crafty..
Re: She Proposed To Him. by jbblues24(m): 11:58pm On May 28, 2019
Mission accomplished. It's classic dude
Re: She Proposed To Him. by PStacks(m): 2:46pm On May 29, 2019
jbblues24:
Mission accomplished. It's classic dude

grin

(1) (Reply)

Lil Mosey Certified Hitmaker Download. Album Zip / Big Ass Alert!! Angela Simmons Shows Off Her Hot Body In A Two-piece Bikini (pho / What Comes To Ur Mind When They Say She Is Hausa,igbo,yoruba,edo Or Calabar Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.