Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America (5513 Views)

See What Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America / What Lady Did After Nigerian Man Begged Her To Marry Him To Go To America / This Is What My Ex-husband Did To My House. A Monster For Real. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by damiloladuke: 10:33am On May 25, 2019
A married woman has taken to social media to narrate her ordeal in the hands of her stubborn husband who has been going round town labeling her a bad wife.

According to the narration given by a man identified as Baba Saleh on a Facebook page, Rant HQ, the man refused to marry the woman legitimately in court and all pleas to make him heed to this move was vehemently rejected by the man.

They although live together as couple, but she is never happy in the union. She was recently transferred to the United States by the company she works for and this man now wants them to go to court and consummate the marriage.

Read what she did below:

“I got pregnant nine years ago while dating my current husband and
then the issue of marriage came up.
I wasn’t working then. He told my family and I that he doesn’t want
a court marriage for no reason.

_
My parents tried talking to him, I cried and begged him severally to
legalize his marriage with me but he stood his grounds not to wed
me in a court.

_
I involved his family members to help me beg him but they said, he’s old enough to make his decisions.
_
He even refused to do a white wedding either because my church
requested for a court certificate, so we ended up doing only traditional marriage.

_
I later got tired and gave up on the matter. I was hurt and broken
but I resolved to marry him like that just to save myself and my
family the shame of having a baby outside wedlock.

_
My dad was angry and disappointed in him but he didn’t care and
because of that my dad vowed to see me a successful and
independent woman with or without him.
_
After I gave birth to my baby, my dad helped me secure a job with a
multinational company and things started to turn around for me.
I could now take care of myself and secure a future.
_
Though I married my husband, but I never forgave him from my
heart and it made me not to do anything in my husband’s name.
_
We currently have three kids together but all my properties are in
the name of my children. I never used him as my next of kin either.
_
Just last month my company decided to transfer me to a branch in Texas and the company is willing to pay for my entire family to
relocate with me.

_
My husband’s business is not doing too well and he’s willing to
relocate also but we have no legal certificate to show that we are
married.

Now he wants us to go to the court to legalize our marriage and I
have said “No” My dad has threatened to disown me if I ever go
with him to court.
_
He’s been tagging me everywhere as a bad wife who is not loyal to
her husband, spoiling my family also.
His family members have been calling me trying to persuade me
but I told them I’m old enough to make my decisions also and I
have stood my ground just like he did to me nine years ago.”

_
What is your advice for this young mother?

https://lailasnews.com/see-what-stubborn-husband-did-after-company-transferred-wife-to-america/

lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by dawnomike(m): 10:41am On May 25, 2019
I am speechless...
But all I can say is - It is difficult to put a leash on a dog once you put a crown on his head!!!
#GOT

2 Likes

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by guru03(m): 10:44am On May 25, 2019
For your own good don't try to legalised the marriage, let him suffer with his bad decisions, if you ever make the mistake, you will die heart broken, the guy is a gold digger.

15 Likes

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by carbon1224(m): 10:44am On May 25, 2019
He his still your husband and for the sake of 3 children you have with him just let it go and it’s time you should understand that it’s now your family and the kids are your future.
Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by SageMK: 10:45am On May 25, 2019
The woman is dumb.

She's is out for a nonexistent revenge.
Not for the best interest of her family.

What about her kids? They need to be with their Dad.

It's not like he abandoned her after getting her pregnant. Nope she moved into his home. She was jobless at the time so he obviously took care of her. They've got 3 kids so I guess he surely treated her well. So what is there?

It has been established already he's not a gold digger.

If she can't move forward after 9yrs, she's very dumb.

10 Likes

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by Nobody: 10:46am On May 25, 2019
The man dey use one eye dey eye alimony on a low key.

50% of all his hard earned money and all he'd get is just one time sex and loss of his company, reputation...he won't get to father his baby properly once divorce sets in.

I support the brah shaa grin...Court in away dey always favour the woman
Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by IamD18: 10:50am On May 25, 2019
As a man, struggle hard and make sure you end up in a position you'll not be needing woman's help.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by Abfinest007(m): 10:55am On May 25, 2019
books meat by falz
Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by Nobody: 10:56am On May 25, 2019
tender Justice with Mercy!
Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by decatalyst(m): 10:58am On May 25, 2019
SageMK:
The woman is dumb.

It's not like he abandoned her after getting her pregnant. Nope she moved into his home. She was jobless at the time so he obviously took care of her. They've got 3 kids so I guess he surely treated her well. So what is there?

Hey, I don't think the woman is dumb in any way.

9 Likes

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by iTearHerToto: 11:07am On May 25, 2019
but I told them I’m old enough to make my decisions also and I
have stood my ground just like he did to me nine years ago.”

She Finish work smiley

Valueless souls everywhere you pass embarassed

The man and his village people are acting like someone i know. Lemme check if he's of the skull mining clan shocked

[img]https:///view/look-jim-carrey-ace-ventura-looking-for-afuck-to-give-pet-detective-gif-5561700.gif[/img]

Pukesangry

6 Likes

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by SenatorAiyzik: 11:07am On May 25, 2019
I think you should forgive your husband. I mean how could you hold a grudge with your husband for 9 years about this? A man you live in same home with and sleep on same bed I suppose, had three issues with him and you still hold a grudge? Girl that's terrible. Over what exactly? Fact he didn't go to court with you?! Okay let me ask you this, in 9 years have you constantly reminded him and he kept saying no?? I'm sure you didn't and I'm also sure he would have accepted before now to legalize because obviously there's no reason not to anymore. Truth is marriage isn't about vengeance. You'll only end up hurting yourself and your kids. Oh you want your own pound of flesh over the happiness and unity of your family? Then this means you never valued your family. For 9 years Ha! And you pray to God every time to forgive your sins? Yet you cannot forgive a man.thats really improper. Remember you're not God and you're only doing this because the tables have turned financially and you won't support a man who supported you before you became anything, a man you call your husband. It's such a pity. Like I said remember you're not God. He gave you this opportunity and it can change someday. I'd advise you to support your husband and let this go and forgive him genuinely or you can as well do the other way and see where it leads

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by Kobicove(m): 11:09am On May 25, 2019
Coçk and bull story undecided
Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by faithfull18(f): 11:13am On May 25, 2019
Well played, game over. Now, he wants to eat his cake and have it. Go with the kids, let him find his way there.

2 Likes

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by mrNEMZY(m): 11:56am On May 25, 2019
A man got you pregnant, still married and have been with you for 9 yrs, only problem is he didn't go into court marriage because of fear of gold digging or probably bcoz of ignorance.
Now you want to break the marriage because you feel you are now rich enough.

Judge yourself by yourself, you get sense so?

2 Likes

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by luorquay: 12:00pm On May 25, 2019
SenatorAiyzik:
I think you should forgive your husband. I mean how could you hold a grudge with your husband for 9 years about this? A man you live in shame home with and sleep on same bed I suppose, had three issues with him and you still hold a grudge? Girl that's terrible. Over what exactly? Fact he didn't go to court with you?! Okay let me ask you this, in 9 years have you constantly reminded him and he kept saying no?? I'm sure you didn't and I'm also sure he would have accepted before now to legalize because obviously there's no reason not to anymore. Truth is marriage isn't about vengeance. You'll only end up hurting yourself and your kids. Oh you want your own pound of flesh over the happiness and unity of your family? Then this means you never valued your family. For 9 years Ha! And you pray to God every time to forgive your sins? Yet you cannot forgive a man.thats really improper. Remember you're not God and you're only doing this because the tables have turned financially and you won't support a man who supported you before you became anything, a man you call your husband. It's such a pity. Like I said remember you're not God. He gave you this opportunity and it can change someday. I'd advise you to support your husband and let this go and forgive him genuinely or you can as well do the other way and see where it leads

Bros, you sure say you even read wetin you type so. Let's imagine she dint get the job now, would he be willing to do a court marriage?? An issue like doing a court marriage with a woman has been lingering on in the house for years and you want to tell me the man isn't aware or just turned deaf ears to the woman's plea?? I be man but sometimes let's call a spade a spade. The woman is old enough to make her decisions

11 Likes

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by Vincad: 12:02pm On May 25, 2019
Old story, saw this last year
Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by luorquay: 12:02pm On May 25, 2019
mrNEMZY:
A man got you pregnant, still married and have been with you for 9 yrs, only problem is he didn't go into court marriage because of fear of gold digging or probably bcoz of ignorance.

Fear of gold digging and he's stayed with her for 9years with 3kids. Why una nor dey even reason from the woman point of view?? Must everything be about sentiments?? Advise her with points if she's to allow the husband or not. Make we nor make decisions hard for the woman

1 Like

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by carbon1224(m): 12:02pm On May 25, 2019
faithfull18:
Well played, game over. Now, he wants to eat his cake and have it. Go with the kids, let him find his way there.

Funny and you will know god would always turn the table around and it might be a test from god.The man has been responsible for her upkeep before she got a job and there is no where she montioned the husband been a cheat or a bad attitude guy except for court marriage or not.its better she accept gods will or she will regret it later for sure.

3 Likes

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 25, 2019
mrNEMZY:

Fear of Gold digging? The man is the gold digger here. I would travel with my kids and not look back after all he refused vehemently on a court marriage... Why should the woman give that to him now? I wonder how much he had to refuse court marriage sef... See, d truth is, men are working for women and their kids, that's just how it is.

7 Likes

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by engrelvis(m): 12:15pm On May 25, 2019
SenatorAiyzik:
I think you should forgive your husband. I mean how could you hold a grudge with your husband for 9 years about this? A man you live in shame home with and sleep on same bed I suppose, had three issues with him and you still hold a grudge? Girl that's terrible. Over what exactly? Fact he didn't go to court with you?! Okay let me ask you this, in 9 years have you constantly reminded him and he kept saying no?? I'm sure you didn't and I'm also sure he would have accepted before now to legalize because obviously there's no reason not to anymore. Truth is marriage isn't about vengeance. You'll only end up hurting yourself and your kids. Oh you want your own pound of flesh over the happiness and unity of your family? Then this means you never valued your family. For 9 years Ha! And you pray to God every time to forgive your sins? Yet you cannot forgive a man.thats really improper. Remember you're not God and you're only doing this because the tables have turned financially and you won't support a man who supported you before you became anything, a man you call your husband. It's such a pity. Like I said remember you're not God. He gave you this opportunity and it can change someday. I'd advise you to support your husband and let this go and forgive him genuinely or you can as well do the other way and see where it leads
women forgives but dey never forget.NEVER.

1 Like

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by clive2u(m): 12:47pm On May 25, 2019
I've seen a man with 5 kids and never do traditional marriage, the man was just a scared prick. Bt i think after divorse they should add wat husband have and wat wife have together and divide equally, its cheating to guys. Feminists are u with me?
Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by mrNEMZY(m): 1:16pm On May 25, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Fear of Gold digging? The man is the gold digger here. I would travel with my kids and not look back after all he refused vehemently on a court marriage... Why should the woman give that to him now? I wonder how much he had to refuse court marriage sef... See, d truth is, men are working for women and their kids, that's just how it is.

Let's be sincere here, a lot of broken marriages have always left the man with a huge cash loss, it is understandable if a man chooses to try as much as possible to prevent this occurrence. The only problem is that he did it the wrong way, he could have went for a court marriage with a prenuptial agreement.

And why the heck would you call the man the gold digger, he has stayed with the for 9yrs, most of which she was broke according to her. Now she has made it, and wants to fly off.

I only advice that they go into the court marriage for the sake of the marriage and children, and for the woman to protect what is Her's, she should go into a prenup that would prevent the man from taking a dime should their marriage collapse.

1 Like

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by faithfull18(f): 1:51pm On May 25, 2019
carbon1224:

Funny and you will know god would always turn the table around and it might be a test from god.The man has been responsible for her upkeep before she got a job and there is no where she montioned the husband been a cheat or a bad attitude guy except for court marriage or not.its better she accept gods will or she will regret it later for sure.
No, from the story, the lady seems to come from a well to-do family, didn't you read the part where it was stated that her dad got her the job with a multinational firm My verdict: the man should find his way abroad if he wants to travel, no going to court now because he wants to go through her.

Men most times think they are wiser, what they don't know is, a woman sees farther.

4 Likes

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by grandstar(m): 2:00pm On May 25, 2019
She married a very selfish man. Very selfish

1 Like

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by grandstar(m): 2:02pm On May 25, 2019
guru03:
For your own good don't try to legalised the marriage, let him suffer with his bad decisions, if you ever make the mistake, you will die heart broken, the guy is a gold digger.

There are children involved. Can she take the kids without the consent of the husband? He can fight for custody.

1 Like

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by grandstar(m): 2:06pm On May 25, 2019
carbon1224:
He his still your husband and for the sake of 3 children you have with him just let it go and it’s time you should understand that it’s now your family and the kids are your future.

Is there really a family? The man might travel and start fumbling. What if he asks for a divorce there? He is entitled to some alimony.

The root of the matter is the unwanted pregnancy. Without it. a proper wedding would have been conducted before any pregnancy. The aftermath of pre-marital sex is what we have here.
Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by grandstar(m): 2:10pm On May 25, 2019
SageMK:
The woman is dumb.

Why did he not want a registered marriage? What was the reason?.
Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by grandstar(m): 2:24pm On May 25, 2019
SenatorAiyzik:

I support forgiveness bit what does this mean? The man seems unperturbed or sorry about what he has done. The man is mean.

Has he asked his wife for forgiveness? Instead he goes about rubbishing her as though the fault came from her (Read Proverbs 28:13).. Has he asked his father in law for forgiveness or he should hug a transformer?

The man has a "head I win, tails you lose mentality" about headship.

You're right. Forgive him. But what about her dad? Let him go ask for forgiveness. Or is he that proud? Yet dey smell

4 Likes

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 25, 2019
Let her travel with her kids to America, however they will need the consent of the father of the kids for them to travel if they are not adults.

Karma swings both ways. Let her pray it diesnt swing her way.
Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by SenatorAiyzik: 2:31pm On May 25, 2019
luorquay:

Bros, you sure say you even read wetin you type so. Let's imagine she dint get the job now, would he be willing to do a court marriage?? An issue like doing a court marriage with a woman has been lingering on in the house for years and you want to tell me the man isn't aware or just turned deaf ears to the woman's plea?? I be man but sometimes let's call a spade a spade. The woman is old enough to make her decisions

Did she at anytime tell you she was unhappy all through 9 years? Didn't you see where she wrote they have 3 kids? How do you stay unhappy for 9 years without speaking up about your problem. The question you should be asking her is if she reminded the man after now or tried talked to him after the marriage about the court marriage within the 9 years they've spent after getting married. I am a 100% sure the man wouldn't say no. He may have said no to court marriage 9 years ago maybe because it was all new to him having a family and he wasn't sure yet cos according to her the basis of getting married was the fact she got pregnant not because they were ready but 9 years after he has become wiser. He definitely has made the choice to continue after 3 kids and sure know what he wants which is having a family with her. And you're just talking, did she at any point complain to you about her being ill-treated these past 9 years? Did she complain about him not owning up to responsibilities with these 9 years? Did she complain about them fighting over the issue of court marriage within these 9 years?? All NO! And then you said if she had not gotten the job he wouldn't talk about court really?? Mind you she's had the job for a while now she didn't just get it. Second she had no job when they got married, 3rd would she rather leave her family behind because she wants to have her own pound of flesh?? And man, she never told you they discussed it before now she only said 9 years ago before they got married, they had that issue. Things have changed now and that issue didn't come up, they were living happily and he obviously didn't see the need of it. She's just reacting now because she doing better than him and wants to have her pound of flesh not because the issue has been lingering (which hasn't) for the past 9 years. So I guess it's you who needs to read what you wrote.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Stubborn Husband Did After Company Transferred Wife To America by SenatorAiyzik: 2:33pm On May 25, 2019
grandstar:

I support forgiveness bit what does this mean? The man seems unperturbed or sorry about what he has done. The man is mean.

Has he asked his wife for forgiveness? Instead he goes about rubbishing her as though the fault came from her (Read Proverbs 28:13).. Has he asked his father in law for forgiveness or he should hug a transformer?

The man has a "head I win, tails you lose mentality" about headship.

You're right. Forgive him. But what about her dad? Let him go ask for forgiveness. Or is he that proud? Yet dey smell

Hey you need to understand her dad has his own family and has lived his life, she's just starting hers. Would you rather have your wife's father dictate what happens in your marriage/home/family because it's her daughter? Would you rather have her father's opinion affect her actions towards you?? Answer me. It's her family and her husband is the head not the father in law. No man wants a father in law to dictate what happens in his family. It doesn't work that way. Even same bible said a man/woman shall leave their parents and bond with each other to become one. There's no third party. It's a union between them. The opinions of third parties shouldn't determine what happens in their union

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Give Him Back His SUV And The Diamond Necklace Gifted Me / 4 Countries Where Women Pay Their Husbands' Dowry Before Marriage. / The Frustration Of Watching TV With Your Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.