Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

I Feel Betrayed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Feel Betrayed (759 Views)

I Kissed A Friend Accidentally Now I Feel Guilty / "I Feel Betrayed ...A Reader's Email" / Help! I Feel Betrayed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Feel Betrayed by Betrayed(m): 9:43am On Sep 27, 2010
I have been married for 20 years and we have 2 lovely kids. Until recently I could say I was very happy in the marriage and that would be candid. We have lived an average and comfortable life financially and otherwise, and of recent God has blessed us even the more and we can afford more luxury. All of a sudden, my wife have come up to tell me about the relationship she had just before we met. This is something she has never mentioned before. The man is about my age and now a very successful and wealthy man, even though he was just starting when they were going out, and would have passed for an average person then as well. From her story, she was double dating us then and I did not even know. She obviously prefer him to me and for reasons best known to her she told me what a wonderful man he was and that he was actually better than me in all aspects of life, even on bed. The only reason she did not marry him is because he had another girlfriend then, also known to her who was more compatible with him, and they eventually married. Their separation was mutual and obviously they must have remain as friends. While he could have been so 'wonderful' or whatever as he has made a big success out of his life, I don't envy him in anyway. I am very proud of who I am. We are all individuals and what anybody is or is not cannot have anything to do with me.

I feel betrayed because we have discussed all our ex before we married and I believed I knew everything. I did ask specifically and she lied to me. I have been on the road most of my career and have left her alone in the house for extended period without any iota of suspicion. We live in the same town with the man and worst still he is a public figure and known as a womaniser. Me and this man are completely different in personality, character and interest. With the benefit of hindsight, most of the problems and quarrels we had early in our marriage was because she would want me to do things and behave in ways that this man normally would and I wouldn't cause we are just different people. I also did not know about him, so I didn't even know where all those issues and interest were coming from, and we were just quarrelling for nothing. She was trying to see this man in me which obviously was impossible. She took me through that stress for nothing.

I am a family man and have lived all my life around my family. To discover at this stage that I have invested all my adult life on a woman I really didn't know is quite a disappointment. It's heart breaking to imagine that my own dear wife had such a deep relationship with another man when I thought we were both madly in love in the courtship that led to our marriage. A marriage in which I have so far remain faithful and committed. I see the picture of this man often on TV and in the papers and can't imagine what must have been in her mind all along as she must have been seeing it too. This is very difficult for me. If this man did not suceed as much, would I ever know? How many others were out there or still there that I didn't know and may never know just make everything look difficult. It's quite painful

My kids are grown and now spend most of the time in boarding house. I don't think a divorce will hurt them as much as when they were still at home. This is just difficult for me. It's a sore that may never heal. I spend every single day now in agony. I'm extremely bitter. She must be thinking she took me for a fool This is difficult for me.
Re: I Feel Betrayed by ice234: 9:53am On Sep 27, 2010
eya
Re: I Feel Betrayed by Odunnu: 10:15am On Sep 27, 2010
***watching from the sidelines**
Re: I Feel Betrayed by jaybee3(m): 10:28am On Sep 27, 2010
Thread Locked =>Duplicate thread  cool cool
Continue Here => https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-516130.0.html

(1)

Share Yuor Experience With Us / She Left Me Beacuse Of Gsm Phone / Going To Stop Thinking About Girls For 5 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.