Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content (16066 Views)

For The Igbos In EDO (igbanke) DELTA (anioma, Ukwuani, Ika, Enu'ani) And Rivers / Wikipedia Updates Buhari Profile As President Elect / Wikipedia Updates Orubebe’s Profile Over Attempted Poll Disruprion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by vikyno(m): 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2014
Balkan:
You have said it all. Ukwani migrated from BINI. we are not worried where you come from. the present place you guys are occupying is Igbo territory. We are not interested in you. you will soon go back to your Bini kingdom. Ndokwa and Ukwuan are Igbo land. we cant let you have it. I am very sure that you know that all the good businesses their are owned by Igbos. IK beach is owned by an Igbo man.

LOL at your delusion. Why are you people fond of fighting over lands which does not belong to you? The last time it was Kogi, now its Delta. Business no dey move again? I guess oil is the in thing now .
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by backtosender: 3:52pm On Oct 12, 2014
Any sane igbo should stop dragging the rest of us with this low lifers should bare in mind that they are on their own.We are not interested with this their village talk please leave igbos out of this yeye talk is irritating to us...

1 Like

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by christopher123(m): 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2014
vikyno:
intellectual indeed! So with your level of intellect, you don't know having the same basic language does not make us the same? I pity those mumu shouting the proposed Anioma State is for the Igbo speaking people in Delta. When the time comes, the Igbos will disown you because of their greed.

OK that's nice ...I will want to know what basis that people are categorized as ethnic group if not language and culture

Are you talking of anioma or. Ukwuani
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by christopher123(m): 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
vikyno:

LOL at your delusion. Why are you people fond of fighting over lands which does not belong to you? The last time it was Kogi, now its Delta. Business no dey move again? I guess oil is the in thing now .

Such a confused person

Igbos have oil and no body cares about your oil cos you don't even own the oil dear . We know who is drilling your oil while you die in penury

Please park well
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by christopher123(m): 4:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
vikyno:
Ukwani people might have their origin from Igbo but it is clear that they have evolved to be a different people.

Most tribes will always trace their origin to one or two other tribes. What then is the big deal about Ukwani people being on their own?

I am an Ukwani man but not Igbo. Our culture may have a little semblance but our ways are clearly different from that of a typical Igbo person.
Ishiegwari. yooooooo.

I am interested on the how the way differ please tell me . Even siblings their way differ

Thank Lord your admitting the truth and we will await your kings to make pronouncements on this subject not people like you

You ain't no authority here

Go weed your marijuana farm pls
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by vikyno(m): 10:13pm On Oct 12, 2014
christopher123:

I am interested on the how the way differ please tell me . Even siblings their way differ

Thank Lord your admitting the truth and we will await your kings to make pronouncements on this subject not people like you

You ain't no authority here

Go weed your marijuana farm pls

Says who? idiot!
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by vikyno(m): 10:16pm On Oct 12, 2014
christopher123:

Such a confused person

Igbos have oil and no body cares about your oil cos you don't even own the oil dear . We know who is drilling your oil while you die in penury

Please park well

If igbo cared less about the oil, so whats all the fuss about origin and ownership all about?
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by christopher123(m): 5:31am On Oct 13, 2014
vikyno:

If igbo cared less about the oil, so whats all the fuss about origin and ownership all about?

Paranoid is your case

There are proud igbos in delta and we just can't stand and watch then see some nobody mess them up and change their history

They are our brothers and you know igbos we do not take none sense from people

That's the reason

So forget oil
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by christopher123(m): 5:32am On Oct 13, 2014
vikyno:

Says who? idiot!

Says me

We listen to kings and rulers not the ruled like you

If your an authority tell us your name let's know if we recognise you
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by drnoel: 6:09am On Oct 13, 2014
smile11s:
I was browsing through Wikipedia pages on Nigeria ethnic groups, and notes about the Ukwuani people got my attention. I am an Igbo person from Imo state and I always consider other Igbo speakers on the south south region as Igbo people too.

In the pasts(based on my research and traditional Igbo tales), Igbos were known for strong warriors and traveling traders, and most of them traveled far across the Niger river to trade/business. Many of this ancient Igbo warriors and traders settled on whatever land they could govern on their own(Igbos don't have kings, so they always tried to stay away from the Ezes).

Based on my personal research, I believe Igbo speakers like the Ukwanis, Ika-igbo, Ndokwas, and so on, are decedants of these ancient Igbo warriors and traders.

This is the content on Ukwuani wikipedia page

@OP, be advised that Ndokwa people are not made up of solely Ukwani people. There are other small minorities in that minority.
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by vikyno(m): 9:48am On Oct 13, 2014
christopher123:

Says me

We listen to kings and rulers not the ruled like you

If your an authority tell us your name let's know if we recognise you

Just listen to yourself. i believe your instincts will tell you who you are. And if it fails you as usual, then let me help you.
"You are nothing but a noisemaker" No time for your type. I've got people like you to tutor.

3 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by victor1464(m): 1:25am On Oct 14, 2014
victor1464:
Hey mr man..dont 4ce ur igboness on ukwuani people..i hv told u igbos so many times dat Ukwuani is an ethnic group dat speaks a language dat is considerd similar to edo and igbo language..d fact dat it falls under d igboid class of language dosnt make it igbo language.it was even d colonial masters dat made our ethnicity 2b very much popular because dey saw our culture and loved it more dan dat of d igbos....although d UKWUANIS hav been xistin 1700AD b4 d igbos existence.dey came all d way 4rm d benin empire.im absolutely sure dat d igbos left 4rm ukwuani land to settle in d less fertile land fill with red mud sand and there was no space 4 dem dats y igbos always fight 4 land...ukwuani means d upland people blessd with much land 4 agriculture.the ukwuani empires settled in d land because it was rich and fertile 4 agriculture.we also tnk God dat d ukwuanis r so much blessd wit d black gold(crude oil and gas).dis is to tell u dat dey settled in d right place b4 d igbos in d east...for example,u cannot assume an urobo man 2b isoko,a bini 2b called esan,an efik man 2b called ibibio,an idoma 2b called igala,an itsekiri man 2b called yoruba man...it sounds foolish dat u igbos dont understand tins...for ur informatn it is not d igbos dat created d multi ethnic groups in nigeria so mind ur business and dont b jealous because d ukwuanis hav wat u dont have..i wish u igbos had kings dey would hav created ethnic groups...but we d ukwuanis have rulers called okpala-ukus who ruled 4 many years..they were d ones dat projected d ukwuanis to wat it is 2day.....The truth is bitter but it is good 4u igbos 2know dat we remain seperate ethnicity despite ur troubles.we d ukwuani people will 4eva reject d igbo as their ethnicity and Uphold NDOKWA/UKWUANI ethnicity because 99% speaks ukwuani language and dont understand igbo(1%)...my grand parents dont understand igbo...iv lived in kogi state,many igbos taugth dat i was a part of dem but later found out dat i couldnt communicate wit dem in Igbo language as i was speakin my UkWUANI so they left me alone...d ukwuani culture and traditions ar totaly different 4rm dat of d igbos.their way of life,dressin,music,food,relationship, is totaly different..d igbos who have being trading in ukwuani land have even isolated themselves 4rm d ukwuani people because dey have found out everytin is different 4rm wat dey assumed..d igbos had 2 compensate themselves by celebratin their igbo cultural day in isolated places such as school playgrounds,gardens, football stadiums etc....d northern part of nigeria has so many tribes but dat dosnt make all of dem hausa.those in d middle belt areas(bassa,nupe,igala,idoma,tiv,etc) r not hausa but hav gotten much influence 4rm d nothern region may be through religious influences which makes majority of us in d south 2 call them hausa which they r not.so it is here in d southern region.d ukwuani people r found in d niger delta central region which hav much influences 4rm d ijaws,urobo,isoko,bini, and d larger part of igbo.all dis doesnt make dem igbo.we r full blooded niger deltans 2d core.4 ur infomation d ukwuani/ndokwa nation have bin recognized as a seperate ethnic identity from d igbo ethnicity many years ago. 90% of us see our selves as ukwuanis and not igbos..we call igbos our neigbours and somtimes our brothers. D igbos and d ukwuani people of delta state and rivers will only come 2geda in nigeria wen it bcoms politically necessary and that is wat we r doin now.we are workin 4d creation of a new state 4rm delta state called ANIOMA STATE which is both 4d UkwuANIS,ikas and Igbos(aniocha/oshimili people)
NDOKWA ISHIEGWARI...YO!
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by emmysoftyou: 5:28pm On Oct 14, 2014
vikyno:
intellectual indeed! So with your level of intellect, you don't know having the same basic language does not make us the same? I pity those mumu shouting the proposed Anioma State is for the Igbo speaking people in Delta. When the time comes, the Igbos will disown you because of their greed.

pls who is this otele/fool that call himself greed?amu boi undecided
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by vikyno(m): 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2014
emmysoftyou:
pls who is this otele/fool that call himself greed?amu boi undecided

mtcheew!
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by Balkan(m): 1:25pm On Oct 15, 2014
victor1464:
who told u dat??were did u see dat...how many ukwuanis hav u found participatin in igbo cultural festivals anywhere in d world??how may ukwuani chiefs have u found in d gatherin of igbo rulers??its all a lie..no ukwuani is part of all this...even d igbo traders living here n ndokwa land celebrate their igbo cultural festivals in isolated areas such as school fields,gardens,etc...we watched dem dance,we watch d cultural displays...we dont see anytin dat looks ukwuani apart 4rm breakin of kolanuts...we support kola with money..so stop deceivin urselves.d igbos here see themselves as igbos in d midst of ukwuani people.
we are not interested in you boy. We are only interested in the land you are occupying. It's not Bini land. You can be anything you chose to be. Ndokwa and ukwuani are Igbo land and we must take it back.
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by atlwireles: 1:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
Balkan:
we are not interested in you boy. We are only interested in the land you are occupying. It's not Bini land. You can be anything you chose to be. Ndokwa and ukwuani are Igbo land and we must take it back.

You need to stop dreaming, or whatever you think, you are doing.

2 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by Balkan(m): 1:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
My own take is that ndokwa and ukwani are Igbo land occupied by
People who migrated from Bini. When they chips are down we shall take
Back what belongs to Igbos. Ndokwas and ukwuanis are not Igbo.
They are migrants from Bini. They can't even be Igbo because they are low lifers

2 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by Balkan(m): 1:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
atlwireles:

You need to stop dreaming, or whatever you think, you are doing.
my brother it's not a dream. We have to settle the ukwuani/ ndokwa question soon. It's either you are Igbo or not Igbo. Who is an ukwuani man to talk when an Igbo man is talking. I hope you are not from ukwuani bc I think I buy all your views on NL.

1 Like

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by Explicit01: 1:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
To be candid, ukwuani is definitely an igbo group even as some them try to deny it. I'm an ikwerre man from egbeda in emohua LGA, most of us don't agree to be igbos but the I still sense some atom of igboness in most of us. If our traditional leaders say we aren't igbos then we have no other choice than to follow suit their opinion.
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by atlwireles: 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
Balkan:
my brother it's not a dream. We have to settle the ukwuani/ ndokwa question soon. It's either you are Igbo or not Igbo. Who is an ukwuani man to talk when an Igbo man is talking. I hope you are not from ukwuani bc I think I buy all your views on NL.

I am not, Ukwuani people can settle their identity issues, but you cannot tell people, regardless of what they call themselves, that you are coming to take over their land. That is simply wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by Balkan(m): 3:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
atlwireles:

I am not, Ukwuani people can settle their identity issues, but you cannot tell people, regardless of what they call themselves, that you are coming to take over their land. That is simply wrong.
it is not wrong atlwireles my brother. they have confirmed that they emigrated from Bini. and you know their present location is not bini land. it purely Anioma Land. Anioma is Igbo ukwanis are Bini people. They will be shown the way to Bini when the chips are down. They Ukwuanis are not worthy in character and nature to be Igbos. its a fact.

1 Like

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by OboloMAN: 10:45am On Oct 16, 2014
christopher123:
(4)UTAGBA
The Utagba people are divided into two distinct towns and they are the largest Ndokwa community in terms of population. The original settlement is called Utagba Uno and its a federation of seven villages. The villages of Ikilibi and Etua migrated from Owere Olubor near Umunede ( meaning by implication they are of Ejeme-Isu stock ), while the other villages of Umusadege, Umuseti, Isumpe , Umusedeli , and Umusam also came from neighbouring Anioma communities like Nsukwa and Onicha Ukwuani. From Utagba Unor , one Ogbe led a group of Utagba people to a new site over 20 miles away and founded Utagba Ogbe thus the villages of Utagba Ogbe are similarly named after their kinsfolk at Utagba Uno thus there are Umusam, Umusadege, Umusadeli, Umuseti and Isumpe villages. The sixth village in Utagba Ogbe came from Adiai an Anioma town near Aboh. From Utagba Uno the village of Etua( which is by far the biggest sub clan ) arose the new and large settlement of Ndemili which is a few miles away from the Benin town of Urhonigbe. Etua people are also distinct from other Utagba people they are governed by Obis instead of the Okpala Uku which is common in most of Ndokwa land.

(5)NDONI
The name Ndoni comes from " Nde Onuiyi " or people settled at the mouth of the river The Ndoni clan the core area comprises of Ndoni main town and the village of Oniku( which is regarded as senior to Ndoni ). The ancestors of the Ndoni came from Utafa( Otapha ) in the Abua area of Rivers State. This claim is significant because the Abua are not really Ijaws. They are of Ibibio-Efik origin and moved westwards founding in the process the Obolo( or Andoni ) group. The Abua group also included the Odual and Ogbia. President Goodluck Jonathan is from Ogbia. They are not really Ijaws since their language is closer to what is spoken in Akwa Ibom/Cross River States. Later people from Aboh , Ase and Onyah origins in particular settled in the Ndoni area thus Ndoni is a blend of people of Anioma and Abua origins. Ethnographically, Ndoni people are of Ukwuani stock having been thoroughly assimilated over 400 years ago when they first arrived. Ndoni clan as defined today comprises of some 65 settlements and its one of the largest communities in Ndokwaland.

(6) ABBI and UMUKWATA
These are amongst the largest communities in Ndokwa land. The people of Abbi and Umukwata mainly descend from two brothers named Amacha( Abbi) and Ukwata( Umukwata). They originally came from Achalla near Awka in Anambra State and settled for a while in Aboh. Later they moved to their present sites. Later, in Abbi( there are originally two sections) a third section was founded by some hunters from Ani Ekei qtrs of Ubulu Uku( which is of Nri origin). From Abbi arose the ettlements of Umutu and Umuolu both are within Ndokwaland.

(7)ONICHA UKWUANI AND EMU CLANS
These two clans are closely related and they are both of Anioma( Enuani ) origin. The founder was one Onicha who came from Nsukwa. He founded what is now known as Onicha Ukwuani. One of his sons called " Olo " with hi wife called " Emu " moved further south and founded Emu clan. This is why they are often called Umuonicha clan. Alternative versions of their origin suggests that they came from Ogwashi Uku via Nsukwa.

(AMAI
The people of Amai descend from Amai an Elephant hunter from Igala land who settled in Aboh before moving to their present site. This is why Amai is attached to Aboh. Later some migrants from Ubulu Uku founded one of the qtrs called Umubu.

(9)UMUOKU and ONYAH clans
These two groups are related. They form part of the same migration from Amaegu( or Emegu or Egbu ) near Owerri. They arrived in about 1500. The group led by Oku founded Utuoku or Oku's bank along the Niger. From Utuoku , families began to migrate and they crossed the Niger founding the new settlement of Adiai near Ndoni. A war ensued between Adiai and Aboh people and for this reason a group moved to the town of Onitsha while another moved to found Ogbeani qtrs of Utagba Ogbe. Another group led by one Aka managed to cross the Niger to found the village of Adiai Obiaka. Adiai Obiaka is also called Adiawali because they settled west of the Niger away from their traditional homelands near Ndoni. The other Adiai villages include Utu, Utuechi and Obiofu and all are in Rivers state. Adiai land is richly endowed with oil both in Delta and Rivers State. The Umuoku , the three settlements Utuoku, Adiai and Adiawali are governed by Igwes.

What do you intend to achieve with this ?
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by Balkan(m): 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2014
OboloMAN:

What do you intend to achieve with this ?
Exactly what you think

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by shizzle11(m): 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2014
Balkan:
it is not wrong atlwireles my brother. they have confirmed that they emigrated from Bini. and you know their present location is not bini land. it purely Anioma Land. Anioma is Igbo ukwanis are Bini people. They will be shown the way to Bini when the chips are down. They Ukwuanis are not worthy in character and nature to be Igbos. its a fact.
You need to stop the generalisations and be cautious of how you antagonise the entire ukwuani people. Dont take one persons hateful comment to generalise about a people because someone claimed they are from bini, you dont seem to realise that victor is same person as vykino, i am sure he created the vykino account to further attack the igbos.

And atlwireles was right, stop making the inciting comment, it is wrong. Cease the antagonism, it is unnecessary and ill-adviced.

2 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 16, 2014
Balkan:

Guy u are too dumb. And u are a big fool. Statements like this is what will make all Anioma start antagonising u Igbos. Some of u faceless nitwits on naira land do not even know the meaning of diplomacy. It seems u Igbos never learn.
I am Anioma. I am not even Ukwuani. All around Anioma, u will find people who decide not to identify with Igbo because of people like u. We don't hate Igbo but people like u is why some of us distrust ur people. U are further perpetuating the legend of Igbo greed by claiming u want Ukwuani land. Even Aniomas who claim to be Igbo will start having reason to distrust u when they read ur comment.
If u try any nonsense with Ukwuani, be sure that all Anioma will stand together to fight against u. Trust me u will regret it. So shut the heck up and go learn how to think and talk boy. U have been warned.

4 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by asha80(m): 5:09pm On Oct 16, 2014
this balkan of a guy does not know what diplomacy is all about...cant you think before you type?

2 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by emmysoftyou: 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2014
Explicit01:
To be candid, ukwuani is definitely an igbo group even as some them try to deny it. I'm an ikwerre man from egbeda in emohua LGA, most of us don't agree to be igbos but the I still sense some atom of igboness in most of us. If our traditional leaders say we aren't igbos then we have no other choice than to follow suit their opinion.
Bros do not say,yu dont have a choice,
when you know that your traditional rulers are not the author and the finisher.

You as a youth,you have every possible right to make your own decision.
You have every posible right to take action and make your choice.
Whether to be igbo or the confuse heritage history of benin..

Broda kings are not perfect or holy,they re humans and their knowledge re limited to what they know to themselves.
And that s why they re capable of making mistakes and misleding their people.

So be courageous not be weak among the brave one who knew where they belong and stand on their right to claim it.
Hope yu understand my tips broda.

I remain faithful to the entire igboland cool

2 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by emmysoftyou: 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
Balkan:
Daddy..
I understand yu re tryin to make a point 4 nonentity to understand you,
but 4 d sake of my frend who is frm there,and he wil tell you boldly that my name is chibuzor frm ndokwa,i am igbo.
Even faze sang a song that his name is chibuzor orji frm delta state igbo,kwale precisely. {alburm independent}
So why wasting ur time 4 one faceless bomkom.

And pls,dont use the word they,it as generalising and embarrassing..
And be more diplomatic to consider others who said they re igbo dan one single unknown hungry entity here on NL.

I remain faithful to the entire igboland cool
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by OboloMAN: 6:00pm On Oct 16, 2014
Balkan:
The ancestors of
the Ndoni came from Utafa( Otapha ) in the Abua
area of Rivers State. This claim is significant
because the Abua are not really Ijaws. They are
of Ibibio-Efik origin and moved westwards
founding in the process the Obolo( or Andoni )
group.

If uv lost ur history and ur looking for a new one.... u can apply to be part of the Ijaw nationality.
Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 16, 2014
Balkan:
My own take is that ndokwa and ukwani are Igbo land occupied by
People who migrated from Bini. When they chips are down we shall take
Back what belongs to Igbos. Ndokwas and ukwuanis are not Igbo.
They are migrants from Bini. They can't even be Igbo because they are low lifers
Who is this low life village champion coming out to antagonize Ndigbo. Must you shave your dirty armpit in public. Who made you Minister for Igbo affairs you dunce? Virtually all your comment about the Ukwuani's stinks of lunacy. Before you shoot your bullet on your fellow Igbos (Ukwuani inclusive) first ask yourself this question. Will my comment bring unity, or will it make matters worst? Dunce.

3 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by drnoel: 6:14pm On Oct 16, 2014
PhenomenonVFX:

Guy u are too dumb. And u are a big fool. Statements like this is what will make all Anioma start antagonising u Igbos. Some of u faceless nitwits on naira land do not even know the meaning of diplomacy. It seems u Igbos never learn.
I am Anioma. I am not even Ukwuani. All around Anioma, u will find people who decide not to identify with Igbo because of people like u. We don't hate Igbo but people like u is why some of us distrust ur people. U are further perpetuating the legend of Igbo greed by claiming u want Ukwuani land. Even Aniomas who claim to be Igbo will start having reason to distrust u when they read ur comment.
If u try any nonsense with Ukwuani, be sure that all Anioma will stand together to fight against u. Trust me u will regret it. So shut the heck up and go learn how to think and talk boy. U have been warned.

I understand ur grievances. Believe me I do. My wifey is from anioma while my dad is Igbo and my mum Yoruba. It's not all aniomas that hate igbos and u are right to say that. But believe me when I say this, Anioma people will never fight igbos. Even if some of them don't agree to be igbos and some don't even trust igbos. Literally fighting igbos would never happen cos many indigenes of anioma has relatives across the Niger (yes in Igboland). I stayed sometime there when I was making plans to wed my sweetheart and got to know the people. Bros, don't allow the stupidity of some igbo men annoy u.

3 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content by kenex4ever(m): 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2014
Samobi:

What is the purpose of this thread exactly and how does it relate to politics? By the way, I was told by an Imo guy when he heared me speaking my dialect that "Oh, I thought you were Igbo but now that I have heared you speak, you are not". His dumb family told me "You know we Igbos don't like you Delta Igbo". So, can you blame those Ukwuani people who have raised their children not to see themselves as Igbo? One thing I cannot stand with some people is that you cannot win. It's a case of you damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. Let those who were raised by their parents as Igbos see themselves as such and those who were not raised by their families to be seen as Igbos bear whatever they feel like. My parents probably went through the same crappy experience I had with Igbos from core Igboland hence they raised us to be Ukwuani and nothing else angry Can I blame them? Are Igbos united? Not at all! When push comes to shove, then the Igbo vs Delta Igbo gets pushed to the surface. I noticed that growing up as a child. My mom was contesting for a position in church (CWO). All of a sudden it became an Igbo vs Igbo Delta thingy. Just goes to show you how deeply entrenched tribalism is in Nigeria. Make una carry go!

Make everybody go answer their papa name. Live and let live. You cannot force an identity on a group of people. You can try that with children but not with the adults. Its just that simple. No amount of ranting and raving on Nairaland will make a difference because at the end of the day, its just a forum after all and people will live their lives as they see fit.
I grew up n was born in ukwani so I can relate very well with dis topic (I am Igbo). The ukwanis do virtually everything igbos do ranging from music to culture, language. If u as ask me, I will say dey are not igbos since dey claim dey r not, but WHAT I HATE is when dey commit CRIME people should stop taking as an IGBO man's crime just because dey bear IGBO names. The most common one is CHUKWUMA KADUNA NZEOGU Till 2moro dey keep saying an igbo man committed d first COUP in Nigeria but non of these NDOKWA people has come out to claim dat he is not IGBO but anytime some one calls JJ Okocha an Igbo man (even though he was raised in enugu) Ndokwa people will b d first to remind u dat he is from DELTA state. So y d double standards? I don't blame dem 4 trying 2 b alone sha because when I was serving in kwara, I met some Yoruba speaking kogi indigines and dey told me dey r not yoruba even some Edo people too dat r similar to yoruba do dsame.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two Buses Loaded With Chibok Girls Released (False Info, Retracted By DHQ) / Buhari's Daughter Allegedly Orders Buyers Out Of Boutique In Abuja (Tweets) / Photos From The "Peaceful" Akwa Ibom Rerun Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.