Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:09 AM

Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) (70548 Views)

Tyson Fury Reached Out To Anthonyjoshua After His Loss To Andy Ruiz Jnr / The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by PopeFlatino(m): 10:19am On Jun 02, 2019
angry
Samsonklin:

Maybe you are Drake. Lol
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by akee01(m): 10:20am On Jun 02, 2019
Na dis kind thing go happen wen u come dey advertise that bad network For us in Nigeria, the network I'm not even sure u are using
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by wingmanII: 10:22am On Jun 02, 2019
MrKong:
How can Joshua let that fat fnck knock him out. The guy practically look like an over fed guinea pig.

What a disgrace!

"fat fnck" abi? You think it's by six pack alone.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by onatisi(m): 10:25am On Jun 02, 2019
even in his post match interview , you can see that he was literally calling other fighters to now come and fight him . rusz just got himself some more guranteed 8m dollars , not to talk of adverts and commercial money to be made within the next few months that he will be champion , go through aj records he rarely give rematch clauses but he gave this to an underdog fighter from usa in his first match in the usa and with a rematch in london. now he has got the america market and latin america market looking forward to the rematch between him and ruiz, and one thing about aj is he always gets the lion share , ruiz collected 8million dollars for this fight while aj was on about 20miilion POUNDS .
he will get the same amount or even more when he fights ruiz in november in london , while rusiz too will collect another 8million dollars . approximately at the end of the year , ruiz should be about 20million dollars richer.
no other result other than this will get the american fans interested in anthony joshua , if he had won then it wouldnt be any news ,
Lemon1:
just imagine all the money they would make ,by telling Joshua to loose....99% would bet on Joshua to win.....boxing is a scam....they would collect billions of dollars from this ,Joshua would claim his belt back in the rematch ,and everything is back to where it was ....

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Basher8583: 10:37am On Jun 02, 2019
VillagePipu:
Both were tired, strength failed, longer staying power and stamina took over.

Wrong. The match was fixed. AJ doesn't fight like this

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 02, 2019
DUBES:
This is no doubt the biggest upset in boxing history. It shows AJ don’t really merit all those belts if this guy with fat belly and shirt reach can knock him out. A champion if he wants to lose should do so with a great fight not so cheaply as he has done. This is such a huge disgrace. Ruiz took the fight to salvage the day as miller failed a test and Ortiz turned the offer down just within a month or so.
I wonder if u guys check stats, Andy is a great fighter, he has better records than AJ sef... He has fought over 30 times and lost just once. This was AJ's 23rd fight but the thing is, he is underrated

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Starks: 10:56am On Jun 02, 2019
something is not right..that fat guy is on drugs they should do a proper investigation.. those low life Nigerian guys insulting him should shut up.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 02, 2019
bigtt76:
Anthony Joshua miscalculated. With his height and reach, he could easily have won the fight. He was stooping to reach Andy Ruiz who also took advantage of his own height by hitting out at Joshua's body and face. The Samuel Peters' fight with Klitchko would have been studied to win this fight.

I also want to believe the fight was stage-managed to earn the promoter more from the bets as well as it being a decoy to get Wilder to fall in the same trap or lock him down to a clause... Unify with Ruiz but have a mandatory de fence with Joshua.

In all fairness though, Joshua has always struggled in all previous fights he prolly had love for the UK and that urges him on more. Fighting at Madison Square Garden is a different ball game.
This is the type of ladies I like, the ones with sense
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Starks: 11:04am On Jun 02, 2019
dona4real:
boxing is not a bodybuilding contest. The fat man Ruiz proved that trying to be as muscular as possible doesn't work, Joshua has always been a money grabbing hype job and now other boxers know he has no punch resistance his career will now be very shaky indeed and I'm very glad he has been found out. Big respect to Ruiz who said he would beat Joshua and did exactly that.
no need to beef, its certainly impossible a body full of fat can really tackle a well muscle structured body. because fat reduces energy flow
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Ericmusic(m): 11:05am On Jun 02, 2019
bujebudanu1:
Mexican descendant. cool awon eyan elchapo
Na drug full that guy body
E no fit tire
i dey tell u oo!!
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Angelfrost(m): 11:07am On Jun 02, 2019
Gratefulheart01:
My boy disappointed me.

That's why i prefer adasanya Isreal. No one can beat Israel like this.

Never say never... Israel is quite good, but he hasn't met his true match... People said the same about Rhonda Rousey, and as they say: The rest is history. Only few boxers and fighters escape such near inevitable situations: Some sense it coming, and wisely retire early.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Starks: 11:10am On Jun 02, 2019
hamtabfawaz:
ruiz is a drug addict! jare!
mexican amugbo embarassed undecided
guy na u talk sense pass u are a deep thinker, either that fat buzzo is on drugs or was a fix game . but being American they will hide it.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Ericmusic(m): 11:14am On Jun 02, 2019
Starks:
no need to beef, its certainly impossible a body full of fat can really tackle a well muscle structured body. because fat reduces energy flow
ok ooo!!! I hear u.....
So... What happened last nyt
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by joinnow: 11:23am On Jun 02, 2019
Xsem:
The midget wey no even get 6 packs.This match should be investigated,I will not take it.

Which investigation
Anthony fought 22 times knock out 22 opponents
Andy fought 33 times loss only 1
Both same age 29

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by joinnow: 11:23am On Jun 02, 2019
Xsem:
The midget wey no even get 6 packs.This match should be investigated,I will not take it.

Which investigation
Both same age 29

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by oche2020: 11:34am On Jun 02, 2019
This whole thing look like a fix match, make's me laugh considering the fact that Anthony looks more fit that Ruiz, I call for immediate investigation. Just my own opinion oooo before somebody slap me cheesy cheesy
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Starks: 11:39am On Jun 02, 2019
joinnow:

Which investigation
Both same age 29

lance Armstrong and so many others forfeited their titles when they discovered drugs played d tricks . it took years to investigate and d the truth came out that fat guy seems no different.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by BrokeFucker007: 11:49am On Jun 02, 2019
Shehucom:
Joshua was over confidence, the defeat his Good for him. I hope he comes back Mentally strong.

But AJ Never Expererit
That's why I like Floyd so much, he will never underestimate any of his opponent he might talk shitbabout his opponent but he still trains like he's going to fight with superman and when the match starts he ducks and punches and wins his opponent. A.J should learn never to underestimate any opponent and over confidence is bad for business in boxing.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by DUBES(m): 11:51am On Jun 02, 2019
olaBC007:

I wonder if u guys check stats, Andy is a great fighter, he has better records than AJ sef... He has fought over 30 times and lost just once. This was AJ's 23rd fight but the thing is, he is underrated

I bet U don’t knw statistics either. When Aj fought Povetkin, the case was much different. Povetkin had over 50 fights and had only lost once to Kilitschko and that fight was won by decision meaning he had never been knocked out in his career until he met Joshua who knocked him out as expected. Do you know how many unbeaten boxers AJ has beaten? Including the very dangerous Dillion Whyte. Aj is in his prime and is the unified champion of the world and ranked number 1 in boxing ranking pound for pound and U dare stand here and tell me I don’t knw stats? U give me ur stats then let’s see. Ok tell me why this is called the greatest upset in modern boxing history. Let’s not make excuses, he messed up and what counts now is how he will react to this loss and get back to his best once again
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Mikkyjay17(m): 11:59am On Jun 02, 2019
DUBES:
The hallmark of a legend is whom that can give punches and can receive punches. Parker was right when he sad AJ has a glass chin. How can U compare Ruiz to Klitschko. U need to hear what happened in details. At the end of round 4, AJ asked his coach what round are they? And he went on to ask his coach why is he feeling the way he is feeling? Listen to Larry Izamoje’s analysis on the details. Moreover AJ snapped with drake and boasted on breaking the drake curse, now the curse has haunted him.

For Boxing sake. Please watch the post Match AJ was humble and accept the defeat posing no blames on anyone.

AJ defense was a bullshit. He miscalculated his tactics. When he knocked him at first, there should have been a break before gushing back to attack again. He said that after the match.

AJ was jabbing Ruiz body thinking that would weaken him but not. Ruiz fatness helped him to absolved punches. He never felt any of the punches on his body.

The only time Ruiz dithered was when AJ punches succeeded hitting him on the face.

No one saw that coming.

Most people here berating AJ for his lost, know nothing about Boxing.

AJ never underestimate the guy, he said that countless times before the fight, and people here who never followed the whole stuff from onset, except after the fight keeps splitting gibberish for the sake of Criticism.

Ruiz fatness works for him effectively. His two hands useage are accurate, he got speed to counter and stamina.

Anthony Joshua just lost and he blamed no one for his lost. AJ I know don't fight that way.

Winning four top great belts from different opponent isn't a year jokes.

A true Champion knows when to retreat and when to reclaim.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 02, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Then you dont know combat sports. No one stays unbeaten. Israel too will get beaten eventually. Just a a matter of time. I predict it will be sooner than later

Check the records, some people like may weather might have not been beaten before or at most just lost once.

If AJ was even going to lose, it shouldn't be to that guy. I think he underestimated him. Himself know say he disappointed his fans.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2019
Angelfrost:

Never say never... Israel is quite good, but he hasn't met his true match... People said the same about Rhonda Rousey, and as they say: The rest is history. Only few boxers and fighters escape such near inevitable situations: Some sense it coming, and wisely retire early.

Some like Jones can kill israel so, I never said israel can never be beaten. I only mean, an underdog or someone who is less fit can't just beat israel like that.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2019
Pavore9:

There is nothing like never in life!

Some like Jones can kill israel so, I never said israel can never be beaten. I only mean, an underdog or someone who is less fit can't just beat israel like that.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Pavore9: 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

There is always a bad day in the office, it happens to the best of us.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
Pavore9:

There is always a bad day in the office, it happens to the best of us.

Yea, but fight is different, it's not an everyday things, maybe once a year, they would have been preparing for it long ago.

Any way, we can call it his bad day like you said, but it's more of his own Bleep rather than a product of circumstance. He underestimated him.

Or perhaps it was fixed fight bought by the Mexican drug lords.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Pavore9: 12:41pm On Jun 02, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

Yea, but fight is different, it's not an everyday things, maybe once a year, they would have been preparing for it long ago.

Any way, we can call it his bad day like you said, but it's more of his own Bleep rather than a product of circumstance. He underestimated him.

Or perhaps it was fixed fight bought by the Mexican drug lords.

Mohammed Ali was beaten, Mike Tyson was beaten, so it is no odd Joshua losing. Would Joshua give up his belts in exchange for drug lords' cash?

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 02, 2019
Pavore9:

Mohammed was beaten, Mike Tyson was beaten, so it is no odd Joshua losing. Would Joshua give up his belts in exchange for drug lords' cash?

It's not wrong losing, but the person he lost to, if he lost to wilder or fury or luiz ortiz or other similar guys i wouldn't say this.

Then different shaddy deals happen in sport, if a whole football team can be fixed, then, it's easier to buy a single person game like tennis, boxing, wrestling. It all depends on the pay.

I can't remember maybe in movie or real life, where a fighter's relation was kidnapped as deal for him to lose in the match. Mexicans, russians are rough players, you can never trust them.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Pavore9: 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

It's not wrong losing, but the person he lost to, if he lost to wilder or fury or luiz ortiz or other similar guys i wouldn't say this.

Then different shaddy deals happen in sport, if a whole football team can be fixed, then, it's easier to buy a single person game like tennis, boxing, wrestling. It all depends on the pay.

I can't remember maybe in movie or real life, where a fighter's relation was kidnapped as deal for him to lose in the match. Mexicans, russians are rough players, you can never trust them.

Mexicans, Italian, Russian mafias are not to be joked with, I just think Joshua thought his opponent was a small fish.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2019
Pavore9:

Mexicans, Italian, Russian mafias are not to be joked with, I just think Joshua thought his opponent was a small fish.

Yea, we're saying the same thing. That's why i said earlier that he underestimated him, especially AJ is more fit, taller and has more fist reach because of his longer hands.

I only added fixed fight as perhaps a rare possibility too. Although it's unlikely but anything is possible.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by onatisi(m): 1:13pm On Jun 02, 2019
joinnow:

Which investigation
Both same age 29

this is because of the diffeernt countries they are in ,
aj is from uk and their boxing isnt as populated as the america boxing arena , so you are likely to fight less fights and climb higher quickly unlike the america boxing where there are many fighters from all over the world fighting there . noone took notice of british boxing most especially the heavy weight division until joshua won the titles, yes they have had champions in the past but from about 10yrs now their heavy weight division has been very quiet until aj came along . now they have many young heavy weight boxing prospects coming up
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 02, 2019
Anthony Joshua lost to DJ Khaled since March 21 when he took a picture with Drake. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo 2004 Vs 2017 Photos: See Transformation / Qatar's First Air-conditioned 2022 World Cup Venue Has Work Completed (PHOTOS) / Blessing Awodibu Visits Nigeria (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.