Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views (40484 Views)

DCLM Says Pastor Kumuyi's Comment On Muslim Muslim Ticket Is Not Political / Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll / 2019: Shehu Sani Lists 6 Men Who Have Integrity Like President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by deantimes(m): 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2019
Shehu Sani, lawmaker representing Kaduna Central has cautioned the General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, William Kumuyi, to allow Nigerians express their views about their leaders.

Mr Kumuyi had on Sunday told Christians not to criticize their leaders including President Muhammadu Buhari.

The cleric gave the advise on Sunday during his sermon at the Deeper Life Bible Church, Headquarters, Gbagada, in Lagos said that real Christians must obey constituted authorities and shun violence.

He said Christians are strangers and pilgrims in the world and must be Christ-like in their character, conducts and conversations.

“Don’t attack the president of the country whether in words or in the newspapers or through internet,” Kumuyi was quoted by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) to have said.

“Honour kings; don’t disrespect or dishonour the governors. Don’t disrespect leaders of the community and leaders in the church.

“If we are to honour the governors in the states, how much more the pastors, ” he added.

But disagreeing with the cleric, the Kaduna lawmaker said criticism is the only shield by which democracy flourish.

Read More: https://politicstimesng.com/let-nigerians-express-their-views-shehu-sani-cautions-kumuyi/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by Olatunji1929: 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2019
leave him baba has collected his own share from aso rock cabal why won't he defend useless bullhari when last did he enter market to buy something crook pastor

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by mrnigerdelta: 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2019
absolute rubbish

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by Seetto: 8:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
El rufai is behind you..

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2019
One day will wake up and tell his church members that they should stop attacking devil, because he is innocent. Every accusation against him are false.....

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by Lincoln275(m): 9:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
Ok
Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by martineverest(m): 9:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
I won't criticise this man...he is one of the few I respect....at least he is preaching love irrespective of Ur religion,unlike those with numerous Universities and jets that preaches hatred and religious intolerance

ironically and hypocritically,u will see the redeemers and living faith members coming to criticize this man.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by mctfopt: 9:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
He should also remind them to breath.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by obailala(m): 9:30pm On Jun 02, 2019
What exactly is Shehu all about?... athe man seems to loose it sometimes. Did Kumuyi threaten to arrest anybody for insulting leaders?

Of course anybody has the right to criticise or even insult anyone they wish to insult but whilst that is okay in the law, does it necessarily mean it is okay in the sight of God?... Last time I checked, Kumuyi was speaking from the religious perspective.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by OmoAregbesola: 9:31pm On Jun 02, 2019
Kumuyi, D only true G.O I know, highly disciplined and spiritual. Unlike d fake thieves like Sule and COZA guy man, hypnotizing their gullibles ,milking d rich & d fucking d wives of d poor.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by Yankiss(m): 9:31pm On Jun 02, 2019
Nigerians may express their views. But abusing Mr. President is not proper. Whatever, he is still the father and face of our country until the Supreme court says otherwise.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by enemyofprogress: 9:31pm On Jun 02, 2019
Baba Kumuyi should face his altar business and leave us alone to deal with buhari

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by XTHRONE(m): 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
Freedom of speech.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by enemyofprogress: 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
Olatunji1929:
leave him baba has collected his own share from aso rock cabal why won't he defend useless bullhari when last did he enter market to buy something crook pastor
don't mind him

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by reyscrub(m): 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
Say your mind but no curse a leader ok

7 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
Shehu, attacking the president and speaking your mind are two different things.

Kumuyi was/is right!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by kudos4god(m): 9:33pm On Jun 02, 2019
Our pastors eeeh, am speechless
Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by mangojuice(m): 9:33pm On Jun 02, 2019
Deeper life members are bizarre creatures

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by reyscrub(m): 9:33pm On Jun 02, 2019
Shehu sani no well at all, when a genuine man of God talk, someone of sani caliber should know that baba does not say you should not about them but that you should not heap a load of curse upon then ok

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by AngelicBeing: 9:33pm On Jun 02, 2019
Gbam
Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by reyscrub(m): 9:34pm On Jun 02, 2019
mangojuice:

Deeper life members are bizarre creatures

And your people are a UFO ok, Bleep you bug

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by Shikini: 9:34pm On Jun 02, 2019
Kumuyi is losing respect gradually

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by Astonpapa(m): 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2019
martineverest:
I won't criticise this man...he is one of the few I respect....at least he is preaching love irrespective of Ur religion,unlike those with numerous Universities and jets that preaches hatred

ironically and hypocritically,u will see the redeemers and living faith members coming to criticize this man.

Alaye park well, nobody dey preach hatred, they all want a better country, not where person go die and president will behave as if na normal thing. Wake up man

21 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by Uyi168: 9:37pm On Jun 02, 2019
reyscrub:
Say your mind but no curse a leader ok
Na the curse dea sweet pass..
E.g Buhari is a fool..
grin

4 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by seunlayi(m): 9:37pm On Jun 02, 2019
Go and listen to the full message maybe you (shehu) will understand what he was talking about. But if you can't listen to the message, try to understand what the Bible says about criticising leaders.
one of my regrets was that I spent decades hating this man of God while in love with the bible knowing little about him years ago when my hunger for a particular topic made me to find myself on the deeperlife website where I downloaded the message and since then, no going back for me..... I m always CONTENDING FOR THE FAITH.... TO I ACHIEVED MY HEAVENLY GOAL

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by Mayflowa(m): 9:37pm On Jun 02, 2019
Respecting constituted authority doesn’t mean you cannot criticize their actions especially when he is occupying office the people elected him for.

This is different from King that is God ordained. Even God usually remove such Kings when they over abuse their power. Kumuyi must distance our new times from old bible times. ThT was why it took him years to accept TV use and allow bride to look old on Thor wedding days

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by seunlayi(m): 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
deantimes:

Read More: https://politicstimesng.com/let-nigerians-express-their-views-shehu-sani-cautions-kumuyi/
Christian should be watchful, don't let foolish criticism of leaders send you to Hell

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by wealth123: 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
You were there when he collected his own share? You call him a crook pastor? What crooked thing did he do? Just for preaching from the Bible? You better repent or you face the wrath of God. That man is not one of those fake pastors you can just talk about anyhow without repercussion.
Olatunji1929:

15 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views by Uyi168: 9:39pm On Jun 02, 2019
reyscrub:
Shehu sani no well at all, when a genuine man of God talk,
How do u know a genuine man of God?..
Or God told u kumuyi was genuine?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

GRV Visits, Supports Those Injured By Election Violence In Lagos (Photos) / Governor Fayose Carrying A Boy At The Market? / Primate Ayodele To MURIC: You Are A Disgrace For Comparing Buhari To Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.