Stats: 3,162,797 members, 7,851,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents (39290 Views)

Governor Ihedioha Surrenders Himself To Be Searched At the Airport (Photo) / Governor Ihedioha Using Old Nokia Phone (Photo) / Embarrassing Photos Of Imo Govt House As Governor Ihedioha Tours Around Today (2) (3) (4)

Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by jaxxy(m): 12:26pm On Jun 03, 2019
dingbang:
Out of the 36 state Governors in Nigeria, it's only ihedioha that's complaining a lot.

Fayemi states it also and it’s necessary he states it for the record bt nevertheless he shudnt let that deter him from delivering. I personally feel Rochas shud be probed for accountability reasons even if it’s not made public.
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by showafrica(m): 12:27pm On Jun 03, 2019
dingbang:
Out of the 36 state Governors in Nigeria, it's only ihedioha that's complaining a lot.

He is not complaining, he is explaining to the masses, we deserve an explanation.

Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by oluwaahmed: 12:27pm On Jun 03, 2019
dingbang:
that was the same thing I was telling a lady on this forum, I was relating it to that of wike who spent all his years in office chasing and blaming Amaechi, yet no tangible thing in Rivers state.

Bros don't come here and talk trash if you don't stay in River state. No tangible thing? At least he did roads that amechi left to decay, and even opened up a road to bonny riverine community. You cannot see the amount of pot holes in Lagos in PHC.

Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by ajayiopy: 12:28pm On Jun 03, 2019
chisomdoris:
The Governor of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha, has decried the failure of his immediate predecessor, Rochas Okorocha to handover documents containing the financial stance of the state to him.

Ihedioha lamented that he has no documents showing the financial status of the state, hence the difficulty of his administration to hit the ground running.

Against this backdrop, the governor said he asked all financial institution to stop transacting with his predecessor.

The governor also decried the condition of the state’s Government House, saying he can’t work from office.

He maintained that the Government House was an eye sore.

Vanguard quoted Ihedioha as saying yesterday: “We have difficulties operating from Imo Government House now. But I told Imo people that we will start work and give no excuses.

“We will give dividends of democracy irrespective of the state of facilities I inherited from the outgone administration.

“The government that ended was not prepared to handover or ready to receive us. I thank Imo people for receiving us and we shall serve the state with the fear of God.
“All financial institutions that have a relationship with Imo State Government should not honour any withdrawal instruction by cheques, transfers or in any form.

“No financial mandates, ISPOs or any form of financial instruction should be treated. All outstanding financial instructions already with banks and financial institutions should be put on hold.

“This directive covers all the accounts of ministries, departments, parastatals, local government councils, quasi-government agencies and all revenue generating organs of government.

“Banks and non-bank financial institutions are to take note and ensure compliance, as the state government will not be responsible for any disbursement, effected contrary to this directive.”

https://thickmatch.com/imo-im-finding-difficult-work-gov-ihedioha-cries/
BABA ARE U BUHARI?
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by Theboss100(m): 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2019
dingbang:
that was the same thing I was telling a lady on this forum, I was relating it to that of wike who spent all his years in office chasing and blaming Amaechi, yet no tangible thing in Rivers state.
Lies 4rm The Pit Of Hell. If Ure Nt In Rivers State, Then U Should Keep Ur Mouth Shut

Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by udemzyudex(m): 12:35pm On Jun 03, 2019
philip0906:

Lol...If anyone had put this same justification for Buhari would you have accepted?

Tell us what happened to Buhari?

Was it the fault of his predecessor or his own fault for him not to have selected his cabinet members within 6 months or Jonathan didn't hand over documents to him on time?

It's over a week now and he still trying to repeat the same mistake.

Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by nwokeoochaking(m): 12:36pm On Jun 03, 2019
[quote author=durangokid post=78975855] Are you not a fool, the new governor is complaining that no paper was handled over to him by the former and you are here talking rubbish , if you tell yourself the truth you will know that you are a fool[let's tell ourselves the truth, there is no way he can work without handover notes pls./quote]
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by frankmoney(m): 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2019
oluwaahmed:

Bros don't come here and talk trash if you don't stay in River state. No tangible thing? At least he did roads that amechi left to decay, and even opened up a road to bonny riverine community. You cannot see the amount of pot holes in Lagos in PHC.
oga what about schools , health centers , Songhai that are decaying under wike ? ... Development is not only roads and roundabout
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2019
Sometimes I want to yab this Gentleman called Governor Ihedioha but I would refrain from doing that because of my respect for Imo people. Biko don't you have ministry with permanent Secretary to get you details of the financial health of the state.Let even say you were left with Gbese like one of my Brother who was former Alfa turn #White cloth gang aka Halfsal ...You won't work again ba.Biko you are an Agu to beat Oga Okorocha to his game,now claim your territory. Imo Amaka
Get expert that can look at your state and help increase it's IGR .I think your state even have one or second largest gas reserves. Just harness your potential and attract serious minded people.

Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by philip0906(m): 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2019
udemzyudex:

[s]Tell us what happened to Buhari?

Was it the fault of his predecessor or his own fault for him not to have selected his cabinet members within 6 months or Jonathan didn't hand over documents to him on time?

It's over a week now and he still trying to repeat the same mistake[/s].
Learn to read and understand before you type!
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by otokx(m): 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2019
millhouse:
govt is all about continuity, irrespective of your political acclimation. Imo state wasn’t created yesterday , thus u don’t expect him to start building bricks without straws. even when Jonathan handed over to Buhari ,despite a documented handover , it took him 5months to set sail because of the loopholes created by the previous govt , not to talk of a previous governor that didn’t prepare any hand over documents and just walked out of govt house , the governor doesnt know how much is in the state purse , who is withdrawing monies codedly without govt approval , who the state is owing , who has been issued payments ,what projects have been awarded but not financed or vis-versa , I mean comon, it’s like appointing you the MD of a bank and upon resumption , nobody can give you the financial position of the bank ( it’s netbook assets and liabilities ,cash @ hand , who the bank is owing , what investments are in ground , what projects are in pipeline etc) I mean explain to us how you are going to hit the ground running ?

The civil service is there for god sakes, what do these people take us for?
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2019
dingbang:

That's because APC have destroyed Imo State
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by udemzyudex(m): 12:42pm On Jun 03, 2019
philip0906:

Learn to read and understand before you type!

Funny, what's there that I don't understand?

What else do you intend to say if not what I already posted?
Cos I can see you were about to defend your president.

Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by frankmoney(m): 12:43pm On Jun 03, 2019
durangokid:
Are you not a fool, the new governor is complaining that no paper was handled over to him by the former and you are here talking rubbish , if you tell yourself the truth you will know that you are a fool
you are actually the foolish person . There is a ministry for finance and the rest where he can go and request for this document , and it will be given to him , without okorocha consent or whatever ... He is the governor ... So what if okorocha refuses to hand over statement ? What will he do ? Complain ?
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 03, 2019
This man seems to be like he will blame Rochas for his failure for the next 4 years. Rochas has no immunity again sir. You are the new governor with immunity. Start a probe fast. Use your vecto power to bend him. It is like this man does not know he is the new governor. Do you think if the reverse is the case Rochas will not torment you? Funny man. Another blame blame governor. Hahahhahaha. Does he need to even start posting the pics of the bad state of the government house there on social media? Get the docs to the right department. Move them to EFCC, and call PDP big boys to start making noise about it so that EFCC will not sleep, while you just stay low and continie your work. Be a silent killer like Buhari. Probe the guy and pull out figures he has embezzled if he has. Get real pros to do the job. And we will see if EFCC will not arrest him

Oga governor, get to work and stop this blaming game.
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by Chiachifranklin: 12:47pm On Jun 03, 2019
Let's b constructive wit our criticism, u should have asked y Okorocha was desperate in trying to install his son in-law into dat Govt. house, he must have recklessly embezzled to high heavens

Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by boladez(m): 12:48pm On Jun 03, 2019
millhouse:
govt is all about continuity, irrespective of your political acclimation. Imo state wasn’t created yesterday , thus u don’t expect him to start building bricks without straws. even when Jonathan handed over to Buhari ,despite a documented handover , it took him 5months to set sail because of the loopholes created by the previous govt , not to talk of a previous governor that didn’t prepare any hand over documents and just walked out of govt house , the governor doesnt know how much is in the state purse , who is withdrawing monies codedly without govt approval , who the state is owing , who has been issued payments ,what projects have been awarded but not financed or vis-versa , I mean comon, it’s like appointing you the MD of a bank and upon resumption , nobody can give you the financial position of the bank ( it’s netbook assets and liabilities ,cash @ hand , who the bank is owing , what investments are in ground , what projects are in pipeline etc) I mean explain to us how you are going to hit the ground running ?

I agree with you sir, but the same way I feel Osinbajo should be stripped of his SAN for coming out to say one of the reasons the administration could not deliver on its promises is a weak justice system...........Our leaders need to understand that they are responsible for moving things forward . Osinbajo should use his knowledge and experience to guide the ministry of Justice, attorney general and work with the national assembly to revive the justice system not complain about it, his job that the country pays for is for him to sort out the problem not complain.

Back to Ihedioha..... as the executive governor for 4 days, he now has direct access to the president , EFCC, cbn governor, police, dss, his perm secs etc......all these are in place for him to kick off on ground zero, assuming no handing over notes were prepared. Why all the whining and complaints in the press , why all the bad pictures coming from governors lodge.......I can't speak for Rochas because I have not been to Imo in a decade but guess what, he is governor to work and fix problems not whine.

I'm sure Imo people did not vote for a wimp of a governor. I imagine everyone will vote for a Man who can solve their problems not while about it.
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by kingandamy4life(m): 12:52pm On Jun 03, 2019
This is dis heartening that a governor did not handover financial details to incoming governor and it seems as if we no longer have law to compel this okoruausa
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by Oluwakaysblog55: 12:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
Clean Lexus RX300, full option with leather interior.

Year: 2000

Price.... 1.3m

You can call or whatapp 08051366784
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by GeneralPula: 12:59pm On Jun 03, 2019
Saltybear:

As a Bini man I should support you being that we share certain cultural leanings but you are very stupid for posting such tribal drivel here.

D
A point of correction, Actually yorubas are the top armed robbers , fraud, scanning , ritual killings and child molestation.. yorubas are the region with the highest cases of incest in Nigeria !! Right now the south west have no course to accuse either the south south or south east of being a crime ridden region and your region is highly unsafe

So don't throw stones in a glass house
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by Gkemz: 1:02pm On Jun 03, 2019
Ihe di oha mma we got your back. No amount of sabotage from the past corrupt government can stop the chosen one because he has the interest of his people at heart. But there are so many sabotage planted by the past government to make your government a laughing stock. But God will give you wisdom to defeat all of them. Continue to rule with the fear of God.
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by boladez(m): 1:06pm On Jun 03, 2019
breakerofchains:

What do you expect him to do when the financial statements of the state hasn't even been given to him?

There is a ministry of finance in the state and that ministry has a permanent secretary. The governor has a right and role to summon all the perm secs and directors and get all the Information he needs. Not as if he will understand the financial statements when they give him�

He should man up as the governor and begin to do his work
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by Rule4God(m): 1:08pm On Jun 03, 2019
dingbang:

Pls, did you know River state? If yes, sincerely tell us what it was compare to what it is now in terms of development.
And if you don't know, stop propagating what you don't know. Just a kind advice for you, pls.
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by BabaIbo: 1:12pm On Jun 03, 2019
My mind dey tell me that this man won't perform up to expectation... Infact Rochas go better pass am but I rebuke it, it is well with Imo
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by anonymous1759(m): 1:17pm On Jun 03, 2019
Johnnyessence:
it's good that ihedioha is exposing Okoroawusa now. very good. ihedioha will do well in IMO state.

If he's an Apc member you'll say he's playing the game blame that he should pick the pieces and work. Una hypocrisy no be here.
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by deomelo: 1:18pm On Jun 03, 2019
OMG!!!

I can not work and I don't know what to do because my predecessor did not give me EXPO to work with..

What I'm I going to do now?

OMG!!!

This is really funny. grin grin
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by SoNature(m): 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2019
dingbang:

That's because Rochas didn't do a proper handover.

He never believed his in-law would lose
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by gabbasin(m): 1:24pm On Jun 03, 2019
millhouse:
I think we have permanent secretaries and it is their duty to brief the new governor on situation of things, when we say government is a continuum it is the civil service that make it happen. The accountant general and other perm secs are in the civil service and governor can get briefs on affairs of the ministries
Re: Governor Ihedioha: Okorocha Failed To Handover Financial Documents by gabicon: 1:25pm On Jun 03, 2019
millhouse:

The affairs of a state are run through ministries these ministries are overseen by permanent secretaries. Mr governor should tell all perm secs, internal revenue chairman, auditor general etc. to submit a report within 24hrs and he will get all the information he needs. we need leaders who can think through problems and not those that complain about everything, I suspect the Ogun & zamfara state governors are probably going through the same issues.

Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project / Photos From Bello El-rufai's Wedding / Supreme Court: Imo Youths Storm The Streets For Governor Hope Uzodinma

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55