Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,066 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

People Teach Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / People Teach Me (1553 Views)

Teach Me The Way To Approach Her... / Birthday Surprise: I Want To Teach Him A Lesson. / Please Guys...teach Me How To Handle This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Teach Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:50pm On Sep 29, 2010
i am non nigerian and it seems like the word DISVIRGINED word within nigerian people

how did you come up with such a word ?

as far as i know my english you dont DISVIRGINED but you break someone's virginity (pop the cherry) or you lose virginity to someone
Re: People Teach Me by InkedNerd(f): 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2010
I say deflower or lose your virginity. Even the term "lose your virginity" makes me laugh me laugh because it makes it sounds like you misplaced it. I never use the term "pop the cherry" because not every woman has a hymen.
Re: People Teach Me by 1102(m): 3:55pm On Sep 29, 2010
Then u have been reading OFFICIAL DICTIONARY OF ZIMBABWE (1906-1912)

Its not updated try and get an updated one!
Re: People Teach Me by daduke2k(m): 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2010
rotflmao
Re: People Teach Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2010
--190--:

Then u have been reading OFFICIAL DICTIONARY OF ZIMBABWE (1906-1912)

Its not updated try and get an updated one!

really

show me the updated one which has the word DISVIRGINED
Re: People Teach Me by omega25red(m): 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2010
poster

so what some people on here use the word "disvirgined" as long as you know what they mean move on
Re: People Teach Me by MsPotato(f): 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2010
I thought the word Disvirgined is commonly used throughout the globe?  
Re: People Teach Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

I say deflower or lose your virginity. Even the term "lose your virginity" makes me laugh me laugh because it makes it sounds like you misplaced it. I never use the term "pop the cherry" because not every woman has a hymen.

losing your virginity is not about the hymen but having the sex for the first time

just like rape it is not about a man putting his peni/s into a vagin/a but it about being forced to have sex
Re: People Teach Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2010
Ms. Potato:

I thought the word Disvirgined is commonly used throughout the globe?

nope dear, it is broken english

try to look for in an dictionary you wont find

i might put it under pidgin english
Re: People Teach Me by MsPotato(f): 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

nope dear, it is broken english

try to look for in an dictionary you wont find

i might put it under pidgin english

Hmmm. . . Thats strange cause I swore I heard a White man saying Disvirgined. Well. . . . Maybe you are right. Someone decided to be creative on their vocabulary and that this word should than be put under Pidgin ENglish. wink
Re: People Teach Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2010
omega25red:

poster

so what some people on here use the word "disvirgined" as long as you know what they mean move on

thats the reach the thread reads "TEACH ME PEOPLE''

i want to know how the word came about
Re: People Teach Me by InkedNerd(f): 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

losing your virginity is not about the hymen but having the sex for the first time

just like despoil it is not about a man putting his peni/s into a vagin/a but it about being forced to have intimacy

R.ape and s.ex are not one in the same so please don't use that as an example. Yes, r.ape is about force and power but it has nothing to do with s.ex. The term "popping of the cherry" is in reference to the tearing of the hymen [for a woman] but since not all women are born with hymens, its not a sure way to determine a womans virginity. Do you not know what those term mean before you use them?
Re: People Teach Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2010
Ms. Potato:

Hmmm. . . Thats strange cause I swore I heard a White man saying Disvirgined. Well. . . . Maybe you are right. Someone decided to be creative on their vocabulary and that this word should than be put under Pidgin ENglish. wink

well thats the reason i have said look for it in a dictionary
Re: People Teach Me by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2010
@poster

that word is used widely all over the world, am sure it will find its way into the dictionary sooner than later.

its not a peculiar word to ONLY Nigerians,

just as you guys refer to soft drink as çool drink''; and traffic lights as 'robots'

The average Zimbabwean will fight you if you correct him that its traffic light not robot

kapish  wink
Re: People Teach Me by MsPotato(f): 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2010
Traffic Light = Robots? Wow! I learnd sumthin new today! shocked
Re: People Teach Me by daduke2k(m): 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2010
heheheeh moi too. ^^^^^but are u realy gbby?
Re: People Teach Me by MsPotato(f): 4:16pm On Sep 29, 2010
daduke2k:

heheheeh moi too. ^^^^^but are u realy gbby?

Yes I am
Re: People Teach Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2010
MrPrsdent:

@poster

that word is used widely all over the world, am sure it will find its way into the dictionary sooner than later.

its not a peculiar word to ONLY Nigerians,

just as you guys refer to soft drink as çool drink''; and traffic lights as 'robots'

The average Zimbabwean will fight you if you correct him that its traffic light not robot

kapish  wink

pliz dont say the word is used all over the world dont lie say it is used in west africa

yes zimbabweans or roughly the southern part we say robots to trafiic lights why becoz long ago anything that was mechanically automatic was called a robot but it is different from DISVIGNISED becoz it is not in the dictionary and robot is

besides i said teach how the word came about
Re: People Teach Me by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 29, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

pliz dont say the word is used all over the world dont lie say it is used in west africa

yes zimbabweans or roughly the southern part we say robots to trafiic lights why becoz long ago anything that was mechanically automatic was called a robot but it is different from DISVIGNISED becoz it is not in the dictionary and robot is

i can give you proof from Europe and the US,if thats what you want
Re: People Teach Me by 1102(m): 4:25pm On Sep 29, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

why are u bent on knowing if the world is from a dictionary or what

and of all words in the dictionary why did u Go for the word DISVIRGINED, grin grin

Seems strange to me!
Re: People Teach Me by Kgdavid(m): 4:26pm On Sep 29, 2010
my friend dis-virgined is a regular word in popular usage. only reason u wont find it in the dictionary is cuz i assume most dictionaries dont include words with prefixes that are not part of its original meaning. like understood and mis-understood. cheers mate go have a cool drink  grin to take your mind off irrelevant issues. wrong forum by the way, this should be in culture or some other back water forum
Re: People Teach Me by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

long ago anything that was mechanically automatic was called a robot

You want a lecture on the word disvirgined but you havent proven how[b] robot[/b] came about

Going by your analysis,why dont Zimbabweans refer to cars or other mechanically-propelled machines as robots?

why only traffic lights?
Re: People Teach Me by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2010
--190--:

why are u bent on knowing if the world is from a dictionary or what

and of all words in the dictionary why did u Go for the word DISVIRGINED, grin grin

Seems strange to me!

he wan target one NL babe grin
Re: People Teach Me by InkedNerd(f): 4:34pm On Sep 29, 2010
MrPrsdent:

You want a lecture on the word disvirgined but you havent proven how[b] robot[/b] came about

Going by your analysis,why dont Zimbabweans refer to cars or other mechanically-propelled machines as robots?

why only traffic lights?

lmao
Re: People Teach Me by Olami099(m): 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2010
Inke,lets chat joo.Are u ready?
Re: People Teach Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:04pm On Sep 29, 2010
MrPrsdent:

why only traffic lights?
Kgdavid:

my friend dis-virgined is a regular word in popular usage. only reason u wont find it in the dictionary is cuz i assume most dictionaries dont include words with prefixes that are not part of its original meaning. like understood and mis-understood. cheers mate go have a cool drink grin to take your mind off irrelevant issues. wrong forum by the way, this should be in culture or some other back water forum

words with prefixes are there in the dictionary you need to double check
Re: People Teach Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:11pm On Sep 29, 2010
MrPrsdent:

i can give you proof from Europe and the US,if thats what you want

go ahead
Re: People Teach Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:18pm On Sep 29, 2010
MrPrsdent:

why only traffic lights?

i explained how the word i used

wide your thoughts

robots are automatic traffic lights change automatically hence we say robots ----- guess you got it

i want to hear how the words merge into one
Re: People Teach Me by ebonyvibe(f): 8:47pm On Sep 29, 2010
this is nairaland to join you must at minimum understand the basic nigerian slagns.

That is just the way it is, my friend keep up there are plenty more you will find here.
Re: People Teach Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:54pm On Sep 29, 2010
ebonyvibe:

this is nairaland to join you must at minimum understand the basic nigerian slagns.

That is just the way it is, my friend keep up there are plenty more you will find here.

i know that i will come across nigerian slag but some people are defensive to call it a common used word in the world of which i disagree it might be common in west africa but not commonly used in the rest of the world besides the word is broken english so in my understanding i would put it under pidgin english
Re: People Teach Me by ebonyvibe(f): 9:09pm On Sep 29, 2010
So you knew the answer? why ask the question
Re: People Teach Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:24pm On Sep 29, 2010
ebonyvibe:

So you knew the answer? why ask the question

nope

the thread reads TEACH ME PEOPLE

meaning i wanted to hear how DIS & ED end being on the word

(1) (2) (Reply)

Selfish / Romatic Distress From An Older Nairaland Member / What Will U Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.