Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology (27124 Views)

Bsc In Computer Science, Is It Still A Lucrative Degree? / Microbiology Graduate Who Had Distinction Turns Bricklayer (Photos) / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by AntichristXXX: 1:17pm On Jul 15, 2021
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by ajl: 1:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
It's even better that you have a degree in Microbiology. Its one of the courses you will do if you decide to get trained as a nurse. But you would be dealing with medical microbiology topics.
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Sunnite56: 1:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
There are so many prospects and opportunities in nursing .so go for it since it's your passion. No federal university will offer you direct entry to study Nursing..you must be a registered nurse from a school of nursing to be offered admission to study for a degree in Nursing ..I advise just enrol to any school of nursing of your choice.what u need to succeed and be a Nurse is an RN..school of nursing Mkar Gboko benue state is on sale..5 th August is the entrance examination..try ur luck if you good u will scale through the test..all d best
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Euegene100001: 1:20pm On Jul 15, 2021
U already have the foundation is easy for u. Try schools in uk or Europe if u have the funds
In 3 years u will be a nurse

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by TempleHouse: 1:21pm On Jul 15, 2021
Enskynelson:
Dear nairalanders,
I am a graduate of Microbiology and currently serving but I want to be a Nurse as I am more passionate about that and it also has more prospect than Microbiology both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. Please, suggest and advise me on what I can do right now. I don't mind going to School of Nursing but will prefer any school that can offer me Direct Entry into Nursing with my Degree Certificate. But if that is not possible, I am opened to writing JAMB again and going for Nursing.
Thanks
The best choice is to apply for a 2 year degree in Nursing abroad if you have a financial commitment to sustain the programme.
The University in UK always prefer a Microbiologist for their degree programme and you will be a preferred candidate.
Check out the University of Edinburgh and Queen Margaret University websites and apply.
Good luck !

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Smarttravels(f): 1:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
Enskynelson:
Dear nairalanders,
I am a graduate of Microbiology and currently serving but I want to be a Nurse as I am more passionate about that and it also has more prospect than Microbiology both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. Please, suggest and advise me on what I can do right now. I don't mind going to School of Nursing but will prefer any school that can offer me Direct Entry into Nursing with my Degree Certificate. But if that is not possible, I am opened to writing JAMB again and going for Nursing.
Thanks
If you have the resources, consider going out of the country to get the degree. You might even get a scholarship

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by LienwaltAbel(m): 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2021
2019 thread grin
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by malware: 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
Enskynelson:
Dear nairalanders,
Thanks

I have a friend who finishes 4-year microbiology, and immediately after his graduation, he sought for admission into MBBS using his microbiology cert, before even going for Service, and he was admitted into 200level MBBS, and now he's a medical doctor in the US...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Chris525: 1:26pm On Jul 15, 2021
Some Unis will take you. You should look deep and wide.

Enskynelson:

Thank you for your contribution. It's actually a 2.2 in Microbiology.
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Ngozioma(m): 1:28pm On Jul 15, 2021
Inukwa!
There's no big deal about being a Nurse!
Everything is possible if you believe!
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by ayandee: 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2021
Enskynelson:
Dear nairalanders,
Thanks
You are thinking in the right direction. My friend enrolled in school of nursing after 2.1 degree in microbiology. After completing her studies, she did one year internship in a teaching hospital. After, she wrote ielts academics and UK nursing exams all from here in Nigeria. She is in the UK now with her family. A word is enough for the wise. Take action now.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by McLizbae: 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
Omofloflo:

Olodo and u want to study nursing

Oh! so you think your 2:3 is actually higher than 2:2 niyen o grin
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Bankowner: 1:38pm On Jul 15, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
angry

All these nonsense threads opened by supposed adults who are surprisingly unable to sit and take decisions for themselves, instead they need the advise of total strangers like me..

Okay let me ask my own nonsense question.

I want to be a herdsman but I have an MBA and PMP certified

angry
Yours is about the easiest, you only need to walk into the nearest bush or forest and follow the traces of cow dung. You’ll certainly find an Almajiri school where your MBA and PMP isn’t required to give you admission to learn how to be a herdsman.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by ofiko123(m): 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
This life is vanity.. Just be who you want to be... Be yourself... God is still in heaven...
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by xreal: 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2021
I love your courage.

Let no one discourage you, your decision is a good one.

I hope and pray that you are given a DE admission into a university; otherwise do not hesitate to sit for JAMB.

All the best.
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by obanimoje: 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2021
LAUTECH, Ogbomoso offers this course at degree level. Going for BSC nursing is far better to going to a nursing school. While BSC nursing is less in terms of school fees, someone in nursing school pays much more higher. In LAUTECH, you will pay around #140,000 or less; in U.I as i was told, is around #60,000. But in a private University, you will pay from #600,000 to 1m and above. The school fees mentioned here are for a session. But dearie, why don't you consider studying medicine instead?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2021
Depends on your passion and your first degree result. Most Universities accept 2.1 for those related science courses but some still take 2.2 for direct entry into nursing science. If you have the passion and financial back up to go back to school, better for you because studying any course in Nigeria apart from professional course without having someone to fix you up after graduation is of no use. I have my first degree but currently in University studying medicine and surgery. I graduated with a good result but it failed to fetch me a good job. I have a private medical laboratory but that those not give me a job security I'm looking for. In ten years coming, laboratory work will be a thing of past. Many kits/ strips with digital machine coming out day by day. A novice can even stay in his or her house and run MP or pregnancy test without going to laboratory. Most private hospitals have there own in laboratory now and no government work forthcoming. Nursing is very lucrative profession. Just strive to get the admission because getting the admission is not even easy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by pland(m): 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2021
It's very possible for you to study Nursing, having Microbiology isn't an issue.

If it's OK by you, send your whatsApp number to (paradiseland001@yahoo.com), so we could both discuss. It's a genuine interest on my part to wanna assist you, but please, if you're not comfortable with this, don't bother to send your number.
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Topmaike007(m): 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2021
Euegene100001:
U already have the foundation is easy for u. Try schools in uk or Europe if u have the funds
In 3 years u will be a nurse
why not, he should try private university in Nigeria
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Dpaulie(m): 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2021
Go write another jamb
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by AABBIIMM(m): 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2021
Omofloflo:

His grades notwithstanding isn't a determinant of his new found passion and aspiration for nursing. So, I'll be glad to help him if he wants to study nursing in U.K at masters level. We should stop pulling people down with poisoned words.
Reach me on my mail and I'll be there for the processing. Congrats on fulfilling your dreams
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by AABBIIMM(m): 2:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
Enskynelson:
Dear nairalanders,
Thanks
His grades notwithstanding isn't a determinant of his new found passion and aspiration for nursing. So, I'll be glad to help him if he wants to study nursing in U.K at masters level. We should stop pulling people down with poisoned words.
Reach me on my mail and I'll be there for the processing. Congrats on fulfilling your dreams
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Dpaulie(m): 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2021
Enskynelson:

Thank you for your contribution. It's actually a 2.2 in Microbiology.
2.2 in micro wan go do nursing
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Awani007(m): 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2021
monfizzy:
Good idea but unfortunately can’t help as it’s Naija. I did studied microbiology in Naija and later studied nursing when I moved to the U.K.

Being a nurse would open better doors for you in terms of migrating to countries like the U.K. US, Canada and Australia. I don’t know why many Nigerians don’t study nursing and other healthcare courses that can easily pave way for them to move abroad.

Did u start all over in the UK again(bsc) or you just did masters in nursing?
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by micronut(m): 2:06pm On Jul 15, 2021
Omofloflo:

Gbenuburuku sohun. She can if she wants to.. Nursing isn't that hard to even courses like Biochemistry.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Protein0: 2:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
heykims:
I know of a graduate in Biochemistry who entered Nursing in OAU through DE.
But op, whatever ur decision is, do not settle for school of nursing but a university.
RN acquired in School of nursing is only equivalent to OND in civil service.
School of Nursing is actually better for him/her
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Benjosh123(m): 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
Calm Down Chairman, show us your own Result
Omofloflo:

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by mrbionic: 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2021
monfizzy:
Good idea but unfortunately can’t help as it’s Naija. I did studied microbiology in Naija and later studied nursing when I moved to the U.K.

Being a nurse would open better doors for you in terms of migrating to countries like the U.K. US, Canada and Australia. I don’t know why many Nigerians don’t study nursing and other healthcare courses that can easily pave way for them to move abroad.

Hi. Was it MSc Nursing you studied or BSc? Did they allow you to stay back as a result of your nursing degree (and job) or you already had your settlement before going for the nursing?

Please, I will be expecting your feedback. Thanks .
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by alexvic12: 2:45pm On Jul 15, 2021
Can I dm you?

monfizzy:

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by pegix(m): 2:50pm On Jul 15, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
angry

All these nonsense threads opened by supposed adults who are surprisingly unable to sit and take decisions for themselves, instead they need the advise of total strangers like me..

Okay let me ask my own nonsense question.

I want to be a herdsman but I have an MBA and PMP certified

angry
All u sed is rubbish

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? / Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians / Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.