Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology (27122 Views)

Bsc In Computer Science, Is It Still A Lucrative Degree? / Microbiology Graduate Who Had Distinction Turns Bricklayer (Photos) / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by alexvic12: 2:52pm On Jul 15, 2021
Nice
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by pakirisuitesphc(m): 2:54pm On Jul 15, 2021
if you have money, you can do 2 years nursing conversion course in UK.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by saintkel(m): 2:54pm On Jul 15, 2021
Phenomenal16:
I actually know sombdy in my class that studied mcb... .But she entered as a DE...... But I don't know her gp shaaa... Sch is unn....... I will ask her though
superlioness?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Babitee1(f): 2:54pm On Jul 15, 2021
[quote author=Enskynelson post=79082378]Dear nairalanders,
I am a graduate of Microbiology and currently serving but I want to be a Nurse as I am more passionate about that and it also has more prospect than Microbiology both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. Please, suggest and advise me on what I can do right now. I don't mind going to School of Nursing but will prefer any school that can offer me Direct Entry into Nursing with my Degree Certificate. But if that is not possible, I am opened to writing JAMB again and going for Nursing.
Thanks [/quote

I am a registered Nurse in Nigeria and I am advising to go to UK to do the Nursing program. Contact this number,He helps people that want to do nursing abroad get through the admission process.
+44 7964 019341
Mr Samuel
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by saintkel(m): 2:54pm On Jul 15, 2021
Phenomenal16:
I actually know sombdy in my class that studied mcb... .But she entered as a DE...... But I don't know her gp shaaa... Sch is unn....... I will ask her though
still in UNN?
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Babitee1(f): 2:55pm On Jul 15, 2021
pakirisuitesphc:
if you have money, you can do 2 years nursing conversion course in UK.
You are right.starting Nursing from scratch here at that age is not advisable.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by monfizzy(m): 2:56pm On Jul 15, 2021
mrbionic:

Hi. Was it MSc Nursing you studied or BSc? Did they allow you to stay back as a result of your nursing degree (and job) or you already had your settlement before going for the nursing?

Please, I will be expecting your feedback. Thanks .

I did but BSc and I had already naturalised before I started. Actually will be starting my finals in September and still a student.
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by xandy84: 3:18pm On Jul 15, 2021
Follow your dream though you will need to leave naija be fir your changes to becoming a pilot to increase. We purposefully makes things harder for each other in Nigeria.

alphaconde:
I have BSC economics

but I want to be a pilot
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by monfizzy(m): 3:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
Awani007:

Did u start all over in the UK again(bsc) or you just did masters in nursing?

Started all over with BSc.
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Hahjascho(m): 3:22pm On Jul 15, 2021
malware:

I have a friend who finishes 4-year microbiology, and immediately after his graduation, he sought for admission into MBBS using his microbiology cert, before even going for Service, and he was admitted into 200level MBBS, and now he's a medical doctor in the US...
Can you pls elucidate further? ....like the processing, cost etc.
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Angelacruz: 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2021
School of nursing is damn expensive...my school first year(pts) students pay close to 300k for 6months pts.No regret though
obanimoje:
LAUTECH, Ogbomoso offers this course at degree level. Going for BSC nursing is far better to going to a nursing school. While BSC nursing is less in terms of school fees, someone in nursing school pays much more higher. In LAUTECH, you will pay around #140,000 or less; in U.I as i was told, is around #60,000. But in a private University, you will pay from #600,000 to 1m and above. The school fees mentioned here are for a session. But dearie, why don't you consider studying medicine instead?
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Hahjascho(m): 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
Nwaezehopr:
Depends on your passion and your first degree result. Most Universities accept 2.1 for those related science courses but some still take 2.2 for direct entry into nursing science. If you have the passion and financial back up to go back to school, better for you because studying any course in Nigeria apart from professional course without having someone to fix you up after graduation is of no use. I have my first degree but currently in University studying medicine and surgery. I graduated with a good result but it failed to fetch me a good job. I have a private medical laboratory but that those not give me a job security I'm looking for. In ten years coming, laboratory work will be a thing of past. Many kits/ strips with digital machine coming out day by day. A novice can even stay in his or her house and run MP or pregnancy test without going to laboratory. Most private hospitals have there own in laboratory now and no government work forthcoming. Nursing is very lucrative profession. Just strive to get the admission because getting the admission is not even easy
Did you also use direct entry?
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Angelacruz: 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2021
At your age,school of nursing is d best.Try working n save.U wont regret it...u can start from UK after graduation.My school where i currently gotten admission pay close to 300k.If u can pay ur first yr school fees,yr two n three wont be expensive...
alexvic12:
I need help!

I also want to study nursing (passion for medical sciences and for a career change (I studied a para-medical course).

I've looked at my options and at my age (late twenties), going to a nursing school seems best (I even researched foreign nursing pathways). I have settled for Uniben School of Nursing.

I can afford to register (registration closes by 12th August this year) but the fees is a huge load. It's currently above N200k.

It isn't an easy decision to make, but even now stranded, and when I'm admitted the fees would be there to pay.

I've been praying to get a sponsor, someone who can help me out. I do pray I get someone.

It is well.
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Hahjascho(m): 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2021
monfizzy:
Good idea but unfortunately can’t help as it’s Naija. I did studied microbiology in Naija and later studied nursing when I moved to the U.K.

Being a nurse would open better doors for you in terms of migrating to countries like the U.K. US, Canada and Australia. I don’t know why many Nigerians don’t study nursing and other healthcare courses that can easily pave way for them to move abroad.
Do you know how DE works in UK from naija?
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Drone95(m): 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2021
Nwaezehopr:
Depends on your passion and your first degree result. Most Universities accept 2.1 for those related science courses but some still take 2.2 for direct entry into nursing science. If you have the passion and financial back up to go back to school, better for you because studying any course in Nigeria apart from professional course without having someone to fix you up after graduation is of no use. I have my first degree but currently in University studying medicine and surgery. I graduated with a good result but it failed to fetch me a good job. I have a private medical laboratory but that those not give me a job security I'm looking for. In ten years coming, laboratory work will be a thing of past. Many kits/ strips with digital machine coming out day by day. A novice can even stay in his or her house and run MP or pregnancy test without going to laboratory. Most private hospitals have there own in laboratory now and no government work forthcoming. Nursing is very lucrative profession. Just strive to get the admission because getting the admission is not even easy
nice heads up ,pls what's your previous degree? Which university are you now? Nigeria or outside? I need you to put me through somethings.
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by alexvic12: 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
It is well! I've searched for jobs with that saving goal in mind, but nothing! It is well.

Angelacruz:
At your age,school of nursing is d best.Try working n save.U wont regret it...u can start from UK after graduation.My school where i currently gotten admission pay close to 300k.If u can pay ur first yr school fees,yr two n three wont be expensive...
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Drone95(m): 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
pland:
It's very possible for you to study Nursing, having Microbiology isn't an issue.

If it's OK by you, send your whatsApp number to (paradiseland001@yahoo.com), so we could both discuss. It's a genuine interest on my part to wanna assist you, but please, if you're not comfortable with this, don't bother to send your number.
can I send my what'sapp contact as well?
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Angelacruz: 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2021
If u start saving nw,u can do it
alexvic12:
It is well! I've searched for jobs with that saving goal in mind, but nothing! It is well.

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Enskynelson(m): 3:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
Dpaulie:

2.2 in micro wan go do nursing
Some grades are as a result of challenges one goes through during the programme. U should be smart enough to know that. Some persons had to spend most of the time they were supposed to use in studying to go hustle for their fees first. They miss classes but still find courage to study and pass without bribes and without other gratifications. I am supper proud of that 2.2!

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by BTGbenga: 3:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
Perfect option for the person.
No go and try OAU for DE oooo, you go smell fire.
This contribution is the best for you. Apply abroad, many courses in healthcare for you.
monfizzy:
Good idea but unfortunately can’t help as it’s Naija. I did studied microbiology in Naija and later studied nursing when I moved to the U.K.

Being a nurse would open better doors for you in terms of migrating to countries like the U.K. US, Canada and Australia. I don’t know why many Nigerians don’t study nursing and other healthcare courses that can easily pave way for them to move abroad.
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by mrbionic: 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2021
monfizzy:

I did but BSc and I had already naturalised before I started. Actually will be starting my finals in September and still a student.

Ok, yours is a different case from what I intend to find out.

Thanks for the feedback.
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by pland(m): 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2021
Yes, please
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by gunpoint(m): 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
Enskynelson:
Dear nairalanders,
I am a graduate of Microbiology and currently serving but I want to be a Nurse as I am more passionate about that and it also has more prospect than Microbiology both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. Please, suggest and advise me on what I can do right now. I don't mind going to School of Nursing but will prefer any school that can offer me Direct Entry into Nursing with my Degree Certificate. But if that is not possible, I am opened to writing JAMB again and going for Nursing.
Thanks
Don't go to a "school of nursing" if you ever want to use this certificate to leave nigeria.
Only do a Bsc nursing in a university oh

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Enskynelson(m): 4:14pm On Jul 15, 2021
gunpoint:

Don't go to a "school of nursing" if you ever want to use this certificate to leave nigeria.
Thanks for this.
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2021
Enskynelson:
Dear nairalanders,
Thanks
You better travel out

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by ForestHill: 4:47pm On Jul 15, 2021
heykims:
I know of a graduate in Biochemistry who entered Nursing in OAU through DE.
But op, whatever ur decision is, do not settle for school of nursing but a university.
RN acquired in School of nursing is only equivalent to OND in civil service.
Why do you folks most times disrespect SON? Nursing school where you don't sort, you read always, you are grounded with knowledge; we travel more than Bsc nursing holders. Are you a nurse? or, I guess you didn't make it in SON because you failed PTS exams?? don't argue over what you don't understand.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by ForestHill: 4:49pm On Jul 15, 2021
gunpoint:

Are you for real? what do you know about leaving the country?? smh continuosly...

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by ForestHill: 4:50pm On Jul 15, 2021
Enskynelson:
Thanks for this.
Don't be deceived
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Gfskw: 5:14pm On Jul 15, 2021
Further then
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Tosin17(m): 5:47pm On Jul 15, 2021
Kwara State University will admit you into 300L with your 2.2 certificate. Just check their website.
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Drone95(m): 5:52pm On Jul 15, 2021
Drone95:
yes bro. Mine is 08110405046
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by nextdoor84(m): 6:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
Drone95:

You better be aware that not all promises are real especially on a faceless forum like Nairaland! BE WARNED!!!

if you want admission into nursing just find the schools and meet all the requirements you will surely be admitted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? / Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians / Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.