Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,939 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology (27120 Views)

Bsc In Computer Science, Is It Still A Lucrative Degree? / Microbiology Graduate Who Had Distinction Turns Bricklayer (Photos) / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by notoriousbabe: 6:15pm On Jul 15, 2021
Why didn’t you did it before you becamed a microbiology? Some people like wasting their time and money sha
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Dpaulie(m): 7:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
Enskynelson:

Some grades are as a result of challenges one goes through during the programme. U should be smart enough to know that. Some persons had to spend most of the time they were supposed to use in studying to go hustle for their fees first. They miss classes but still find courage to study and pass without bribes and without other gratifications. I am supper proud of that 2.2!
Sorry... who told u that he's not going to have challenges again in life? Lift is full of challenges therefore the survival of the fittest..is he the first person to ever hustle before he gets the tuition fee No... and he can never be the last.. I studied micro from oau and graduated with 2.1.. then I would have to go to Ibadan on every Friday so as to hawk men's underwear's in other to survive for the following week.. this was how I spent the four years in the university... I didn't only hustle for tuition fee but for all round surviving... taking challenges as an excuse makes u a failure already... this is why u children of this day are not employable.. proud of 2.2 u said I laugh.. continue "prouding" of ur mediocrity

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Euegene100001: 8:38pm On Jul 15, 2021
A good ideal too but not to be compared with working after studying abroad
Topmaike007:
why not, he should try private university in Nigeria
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hahjascho:
Did you also use direct entry?
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by yunqdady: 9:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
Dpaulie:

Sorry... who told u that he's not going to have challenges again in life? Lift is full of challenges therefore the survival of the fittest..is he the first person to ever hustle before he gets the tuition fee No... and he can never be the last.. I studied micro from oau and graduated with 2.1.. then I would have to go to Ibadan on every Friday so as to hawk men's underwear's in other to survive for the following week.. this was how I spent the four years in the university... I didn't only hustle for tuition fee but for all round surviving... taking challenges as an excuse makes u a failure already... this is why u children of this day are not employable.. proud of 2.2 u said I laugh.. continue "prouding" of ur mediocrity
Oau graduates and bragging with poverty/suffering mentality! Please get lost and away

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by xtycool: 9:14pm On Jul 15, 2021
Enskynelson:
Dear nairalanders,
I am a graduate of Microbiology and currently serving but I want to be a Nurse as I am more passionate about that and it also has more prospect than Microbiology both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. Please, suggest and advise me on what I can do right now. I don't mind going to School of Nursing but will prefer any school that can offer me Direct Entry into Nursing with my Degree Certificate. But if that is not possible, I am opened to writing JAMB again and going for Nursing.
Thanks

No sch of nursing will give u DE. College of nursing eleyele ibadan, form is going on. Is less than 15k.
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Dpaulie(m): 9:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
yunqdady:

Oau graduates and bragging with poverty/suffering mentality! Please get lost and away

Lol... did u say poverty mentality Thank u... but with my poverty mentality, I've financially grown that I can boast of at least 12 members of staff excluding myself, referring to a person like me having poverty mentality means you may never grow financially.. and I'm very sure u cannot boast of 1 million naira of your own, acquired from your sweat... thank u God bless u
What poverty is more than this

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Enskynelson(m): 9:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
Dpaulie:

Be proud of your 2.1. Same way some persons have first class in your course of study. I only gave u an illustration there if u could think beyond the letters. Learn how to mind your biz. Some person's 3rd class is doing better than your 2.1 so gettout with your pride.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Dpaulie(m): 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
Enskynelson:

Be proud of your 2.1. Same way some persons have first class in your course of study. I only gave u an illustration there if u could think beyond the letters. Learn how to mind your biz. Some person's 3rd class is doing better than your 2.1 so gettout with your pride.
It's unfortunate u took simple illustration for a pride... what do I have to proud of Did I tell u I was the best student in my department No. What I was trying to let u understand is that challenges or whatsoever shouldn't be a limitation.. some people see what u called challenges a stepping stone to excel in life
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by alexvic12: 9:50pm On Jul 15, 2021
I think you're taking this the wrong way. He never said he got a 2.2 because he didn't struggle or study more. There are challenges that are beyond your control. I had a friend, a close friend, who came out with a 2.2 simply because the department made serious mistakes in the final year result by recording some of his courses as carry overs and assigning a D to the courses (as the re-written exams, which he didn't even know about). That thing threw his cgpa to 3.45.

What would you say about that? Shouldn't he be proud of his 2.2?

Please, mind how you criticize people. Some situations are out of our control.

Dpaulie:

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Enskynelson(m): 10:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
Dpaulie:

It's unfortunate u took simple illustration for a pride... what do I have to proud of Did I tell u I was the best student in my department No. What I was trying to let u understand is that challenges or whatsoever shouldn't be a limitation.. some people see what u called challenges a stepping stone to excel in life
If not pride, who asked u of your grade? Ask yourself that question. Who asked you of the course you studied? Was all that info necessary to explain the above? Don't judge those you don't know their story. Your first comment was "2.2 in MCB and u want to study Nursing." What bred that thought in you? What level of thoughts made you feel someone with a 2.2 in a MCB cannot do well in Nursing? FYI LAUTECH accepts 2.2 in Microbiology for Nursing. And many schools in the UK accepts it. Don't come to public space to demoralize people. There's already enough out there that is demoralizing. Cheers bro.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Enskynelson(m): 10:14pm On Jul 15, 2021
alexvic12:
I think you're taking this the wrong way. He never said he got a 2.2 because he didn't struggle or study more. There are challenges that are beyond your control. I had a friend, a close friend, who came out with a 2.2 simply because the department made serious mistakes in the final year result by recording some of his courses as carry overs and assigning a D to the courses (as the re-written exams, which he didn't even know about). That thing threw his cgpa to 3.45.

What would you say about that? Shouldn't he be proud of his 2.2?

Please, mind how you criticize people. Some situations are out of our control.

At least, someone does understand me. That guy just wanted to show himself. Just those thoughts he showed here speaks volume of his personality.
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by heykims(m): 10:33pm On Jul 15, 2021
ForestHill:
Why do you folks most times disrespect SON? Nursing school where you don't sort, you read always, you are grounded with knowledge; we travel more than Bsc nursing holders. Are you a nurse? or, I guess you didn't make it in SON because you failed PTS exams?? don't argue over what you don't understand.
No vex o, I just stated what is obtained in civil service.
Are u implying the certificate from SON weighs more than Bsc?
Moreso, there's no place free of sorting in this country and degree holders are always more regarded than diploma holders regardless of the discipline.
Listen good SON Nurse, a Bnsc holder is not your mate..
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by faheez(m): 11:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
obanimoje:
LAUTECH, Ogbomoso offers this course at degree level. Going for BSC nursing is far better to going to a nursing school. While BSC nursing is less in terms of school fees, someone in nursing school pays much more higher. In LAUTECH, you will pay around #140,000 or less; in U.I as i was told, is around #60,000. But in a private University, you will pay from #600,000 to 1m and above. The school fees mentioned here are for a session. But dearie, why don't you consider studying medicine instead?
Putting all the cards on the table in his situation, you can’t completely say going to the Uni to study nursing is better than school of nursing. Don’t say what you don’t know.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by ModelLook(m): 11:29pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hello guys.

So I have been reading comments. Initially didn't want to speak but my spirit kept on pushing me and I decided to say this

1) To get work as a Nurse in the UK even from here in Nigeria, all you need is just your RN. And I repeat, just your RN. And training at a School of Nursing will definitely give you that if you don't want to follow the Univeristy Route.

P.S: Most RNs tend to still do 1 year Top Up B.Sc Degree Nursing Program when they travel to UK to work.

But if your Life goal is to work in Nigeria, please I'm kneeling down, go to Univeristy and get BSN (Bachelor of Nursing Science) Degree please if not, you will regret it for the rest of your life.

So let's not discourage one another.

Take it from someone who has done his thorough research on this pathway.

2) Nigeria is bad and demoralizing already so lets watch our words and speak to one another with at least little courtesy.

Now there is a saying that says...
"Examination Passes No Clever"

What is the meaning of this statement?
It simply means Examination are not a true test of ones inteligence and academic performance because anything could have happened that were beyond your control before, during and after the exams that served as a determining factor in the final exam results.

So graduating with a 2.1, 2.2 or 3rd Class could have been as a result of anything. Different Factors could have come into play.

Note: This doesn't apply to those that went to school to play and waste their time and came out with bad grades. Your bad grades is your own doing. If u fall into this category, kindly go back and apologize to ur parents for wasting their hard earned money on you.
If you are in this case and you sponsored your self in school, well, apologize to yourself aswell grin

Let's not sugar coat your case if you fall into such category.

In all, Let love lead.

I love you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by ModelLook(m): 11:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Tonim(f): 11:47pm On Jul 15, 2021
Omofloflo:

Olodo and u want to study nursing

Why you call am olodo grin
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Yankee101: 12:39am On Jul 16, 2021
If you have that kind of time and money, apply for Accelerated BSN in an American University
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Bigpat: 2:40am On Jul 16, 2021
alphaconde:
I have BSC economics

but I want to be a pilot
Your own is the most simplest, just travel to your village, I am sure you will see old old village witches and wizards, that can just introduce you to their witchcraft, then when you come to town you will get a job piloting one of the aircrafts. It's a paying profession.
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by malali: 3:55am On Jul 16, 2021
Enskynelson:
Dear nairalanders,
I am a graduate of Microbiology and currently serving but I want to be a Nurse as I am more passionate about that and it also has more prospect than Microbiology both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. Please, suggest and advise me on what I can do right now. I don't mind going to School of Nursing but will prefer any school that can offer me Direct Entry into Nursing with my Degree Certificate. But if that is not possible, I am opened to writing JAMB again and going for Nursing.
Thanks

How old are you ?
Do you want to study nursing outside the country ?
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by alexvic12: 7:05am On Jul 16, 2021
If the option is possible, I would!

malali:

How old are you ?
Do you want to study nursing outside the country ?
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by ModelLook(m): 1:37pm On Jul 16, 2021
Please am throwing this question open to anyone who has lived and schooled in UK or in Nigeria but has an idea?

1) Can the 20hr per week work given to students studying in the UK cater for daily expenses such as food, rent, bills, transport and miscellaneous expenses?

2) Can it also cater for Tution fees balance aswell especially for let's say a 2 to 3 year course?
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Hahjascho(m): 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2021
Nwaezehopr:
Is there anything I missed here?
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by eliwa47(m): 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2021
Instead of going for Bsc nursing DE, why not go for Msc (public health)? It's as good as nursing proper and as a matter of fact it's hot cake out there ( Abroad).

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Apostlepalito: 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2021
Please is it possible for one to do direct entry to a University with HND ( DISTINCTION) on MICROBIOLOGY
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by bimbod(m): 3:42pm On Jul 16, 2021
Apostlepalito:
Please is it possible for one to do direct entry to a University with HND ( DISTINCTION) on MICROBIOLOGY

Yes into MLS or nursing... just check d schools doing it.. I know of Lautech bcoz I used Ond to study MLS from 200level

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Enskynelson(m): 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2021
eliwa47:
Instead of going for Bsc nursing DE, why not go for Msc (public health)? It's as good as nursing proper and as a matter of fact it's hot cake out there ( Abroad).
Thanks. When this advice was needed in 2019, I had few that contributed only for it to hit front page in 2021 after I have moved on. I actually started M.Sc. Public Health. I just began the second semester. Thanks for your advice and everyone here too who made positive contribution. I am sure many out there will learn a thing or two from here.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by Apostlepalito: 11:41am On Jul 17, 2021
bimbod:

Yes into MLS or nursing... just check d schools doing it.. I know of Lautech bcoz I used Ond to study MLS from 200level

Can you send me your email so I can mail you?
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by bennyflipy(m): 11:52am On Jul 17, 2021
Enskynelson:

Thanks. When this advice was needed in 2019, I had few that contributed only for it to hit front page in 2021 after I have moved on. I actually started M.Sc. Public Health. I just began the second semester. Thanks for your advice and everyone here too who made positive contribution. I am sure many out there will learn a thing or two from here.
Which school did you later choose
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by yunqdady: 12:20pm On Jul 17, 2021
Dpaulie:

Lol... did u say poverty mentality Thank u... but with my poverty mentality, I've financially grown that I can boast of at least 12 members of staff excluding myself, referring to a person like me having poverty mentality means you may never grow financially.. and I'm very sure u cannot boast of 1 million naira of your own, acquired from your sweat... thank u God bless u
What poverty is more than this
Oau people are so shallow. Get lost I said. My school fees a year is in million. Get lost again
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by yunqdady: 2:00am On Mar 23, 2022
Re: I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology by egojeny1(f): 1:07am On Mar 30, 2022
eliwa47:
Interested in this, pls how good is this Public health as a course? Is it lucrative in Nigeria?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? / Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians / Do I Need To Quit My Job ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.