Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja (4851 Views)

We Discovered Arms At Jonathan’s Campaign venue In Kaduna – Army.. / Gunmen Destroy APC Governorship Campaign Venue In Rivers State / Bomb Scare At Buhari's Campaign Rally Venue In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by chyz(m): 6:47pm On Oct 06, 2010
~Bluetooth:

The egbe omo oduduwa is a cultural group and Oduwawa does not translate to a tribe.What I asked you guys to show me is where yoruba or hausa day is being celebrated.Maybe the event would have been allowed to hold if it was tagged ojukwu day .so there is difference between[b] Yoruba tribe and egbe omo oduduwa which is an association[/b]

I hope you now know you look like a hypocrite.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by seanet02: 6:54pm On Oct 06, 2010
chyz:

cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 06, 2010
is goodluck fighting the igbos, if he does that then he has killed himself, i know its obj that is directing him because obj believes ibos are not united and think he can always use them and dump them but i know this is the last straw, if the ibos goes against goodluck he will never be president come 2011, thats a fact,
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 06, 2010
chyz:

how ? Egbe omo oduduwa celebrated and called their celebration oduduwa day not yoruba day while ohanaeze day that wanted to celebrate its own chose to use ibo day instead of ohanaeze day and I suggested they should have called it ojukwu day.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by chyz(m): 7:26pm On Oct 06, 2010
~Bluetooth:

how ? Egbe omo oduduwa celebrated and called their celebration oduduwa day not yoruba day while ohanaeze day that wanted to celebrate its own chose to use ibo day instead of ohanaeze day and I suggested they should have called it ojukwu day.

They never used Ibo day. And clearly the celebrations as noted was to celebrate yoruba culture. So if Ohaneze called it Ojukwu Day and the same thing happened would you have been making comments as such? Be honest. Jealousy will get you nowhere, while your worrying about how another tribe is promoting their culture yours is losing out.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 06, 2010
chyz:

They never used Ibo day. And clearly the celebrations as noted was to celebrate yoruba culture. So if Ohaneze called it Ojukwu Day and the same thing happened would you have been making comments as such? Be honest. Jealousy will get you nowhere, while your worrying about how another tribe is promoting their culture yours is losing out.
loose out how ? The event took place simply since there was nothing political attached to it and it showed that their motive was genuine for celebrating the celebration while on the other hand,the ibo was stopped because the motives of ohanaeze was unclear.it may be political and considering the period it was to be celebrated,it threatened the independence day celebration.why is it always ibo vs the rest of nigeria ?
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by chyz(m): 7:58pm On Oct 06, 2010
~Bluetooth:

loose out how ? The event took place simply since there was nothing political attached to it and it showed that their motive was genuine for celebrating the celebration while on the other hand,the igbo[b] was stopped because the motives of ohanaeze was unclear[/b].it may be political and considering the period it was to be celebrated,it threatened the independence day celebration.why is it always igbo vs the rest of nigeria ?

Show me a link where it said the motives were unclear. Show me where it said it may be political. All of the Igbo day celebrations around the world are celebrated starting september 28 so im not getting your comment. It was said that the rice handout was scheduled to commence in the same spot.That was the reason not because the motives of Igbo Day was unclear. It then moved location to another venue of ABJ without being stopped or shut down.I'm going to give you the benefit of a doubt maybe you have information that I haven't seen or maybe you have information that Nigerian newspapers and reports don't but for the benefit of a doubt can you post that information or the link?

Also i've notice that anything that the yoruba do has to be "genuine" I'd appreciate unbias comments also proof supporting your comments. And to address how you and your people are missing out by continuously indulging in another tribes issues and business, the more hand-power a group has the stronger it is, it would be wise to worry about your own group instead of "why not ojukwu day", "you dont see us celebrating OBJ day", "what are they celebrating", "why igbo,igbo,igbo". Not healthy. But anyways your information that I previously asked for would be appreciated not only by me but but the rest of Nairaland.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Katsumoto: 8:08pm On Oct 06, 2010
~Bluetooth:

loose out how ? The event took place simply since there was nothing political attached to it and it showed that their motive was genuine for celebrating the celebration while on the other hand,the ibo was stopped because the motives of ohanaeze was unclear.it may be political and considering the period it was to be celebrated,it threatened the independence day celebration.why is it always ibo vs the rest of nigeria ?

You too like wahala. grin

There was/is nothing wrong with Nigerians having a meeting anywhere within Nigeria or anywhere else for that matter. If you can find a venue in the USA on the 4th of July, I am sure no one will stop you from hosting a Greek/Italian/Nigerian etc event. Abuja is big enough for several celebrations; one does not have to stop for the other. If they paid for the venue with sufficient notice why should they be barred from hosting their meeting/celebration? Afterall, they weren't planning to celebrate Igbo day on the 1st of October in the same location has the official Nigerian celebration/events.

Maybe I am overlooking something.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 06, 2010
Katsumoto:

You too like wahala. grin

There was/is nothing wrong with Nigerians having a meeting anywhere within Nigeria or anywhere else for that matter. If you can find a venue in the USA on the 4th of July, I am sure no one will stop you from hosting a Greek/Italian/Nigerian etc event. Abuja is big enough for several celebrations; one does not have to stop for the other. If they paid for the venue with sufficient notice why should they be barred from hosting their meeting/celebration? Afterall, they weren't planning to celebrate Igbo day on the 1st of October in the same location has the official Nigerian celebration/events.

Maybe I am overlooking something.
Every disappointment is a blessing maybe next year celebration will hold inside the presidential villa.
oju e scarce sha ?
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by AndreUweh(m): 9:29pm On Oct 06, 2010
chuks01:

is goodluck fighting the igbos, if he does that then he has killed himself, i know its obj that is directing him because obj believes Igbos are not united and think he can always use them and dump them but i know this is the last straw, if the IGBOS goes against goodluck he will never be president come 2011, thats a fact,
It is Igbo please, with due respect.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Katsumoto: 9:34pm On Oct 06, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Every disappointment is a blessing maybe next year celebration will hold inside the presidential villa.
oju e scarce sha ?

Mo busy gan ni le nu jo meta yi.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by mounace120: 6:39pm On Oct 27, 2010
Hello,
my name is Mounace i was looking for a real and everlasting relationship and i came across your profle in this site and it attracted me to write to you.I will like you to write to me with my private email address (mounace44@yahoo.com) for more introduction and also to see my picture.
I will be waiting to receive your mail soonest,remember color,race,religion,etc does not matter in real love but care,love and trust matter a lot.Till then remained blessed.
Miss Mounace
mounace44@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GMB Says Nigeria Has 35 States An He Was RIGHT!!!!!!! -proof Inside- / Six Things Kanu Said Today In Court Room / Breaking:see Why President Muhammadu Buhari Sacks Rotimi Amaechi, Makes Shocking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.