Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,139 members, 7,811,204 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja (4853 Views)

We Discovered Arms At Jonathan’s Campaign venue In Kaduna – Army.. / Gunmen Destroy APC Governorship Campaign Venue In Rivers State / Bomb Scare At Buhari's Campaign Rally Venue In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2010
chyz:

I'm a business man. I no dey sleep baby. Btw, cute pic wink
I'm also a business [student], but still I dey sleep nau lol
thanks wink
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Onlytruth(m): 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2010
To deny jealous and dumb people the joy of a repeat in the future, Ohanaeze Abuja branch should build a bigger and better venue for annual Igbo day celebrations in Abuja. cool

It can be done. Yes we can! (the indomitable Igbo spirit). cool

We grow bigger, stronger and prosper more, while our enemies commit suicide out of envy. cool cool
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Dede1(m): 7:48pm On Oct 01, 2010
^^^^^ I do not want Ohanaeze to build anything in Abuja. If Ohanaeze wants to build anything, it should be in Igbo land.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Onlytruth(m): 8:03pm On Oct 01, 2010
Dede1:

^^^^^ I do not want Ohanaeze to build anything in Abuja. If Ohanaeze wants to build anything, it should be in Igbo land.

I said that because according to statistics, Igbos already own 73% of Abuja properties. What harm would it do to use one of such properties for annual Igbo celebrations? There is Ohanaeze in Igboland. They can build a befitting national Igbo headquarters in Enugu. For now, we still have Nigeria, and until it disintegrates, we must deny our enemies some of their instruments of operation wherever we live in Nigeria. I say we own our festive grounds, wherever we live.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by sbeezy8: 8:06pm On Oct 01, 2010
Onlytruth:

I said that because according to statistics, Igbos already own 73% of Abuja properties. What harm would it do to use one of such properties for annual Igbo celebrations? There is Ohanaeze in Igboland. They can build a befitting national Igbo headquarters in Enugu. For now, we still have Nigeria, and until it disintegrates, we must deny our enemies some of their instruments of operation wherever we live in Nigeria. I say we own our festive grounds, wherever we live.

if you like build one in sokoto behind the sultans palace. Igbos are only making it more difficult for themselves to get biafra, what igboman will say yes to biafra when he has his livelyhood invested in Abuja Kaduna, lafia etc.

its ok sha- One Nigeria you guys aint going no where until the rest of Nigeria is finished.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by sbeezy8: 8:10pm On Oct 01, 2010
Theres ohanese in sokoto lol hahahaha
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by udezue(m): 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2010
Igbo have no bizness building a damn thing in Abuja.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by mercy307(m): 10:57pm On Oct 01, 2010
I love GEJ for his good works. I hope he loves my tribal men who mean well for our country alike.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by houvest: 11:25pm On Oct 01, 2010
I wish reporters would do more in their publications. No balancing of Ohaneze's comments with that of the managers of the centre to know the truth of his claims. For all we know, this might be an act by or a false story planted by political opponents of GEJ to tarnish his relationship with the Igbo even if it were in all the papers. Just like the Owerri affair that the presidency had to quickly react to and disclaim the lock-out.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Arysexy(m): 12:28am On Oct 02, 2010
[b]you are right, but why would an ethnic group celebrate its ethnicity in the capital of a multicultural country during its independence day Huh Huh. whether its yoruba, hausa or igbo, it is wrong. am sure if it was the hausas everyone on NL would complain.
GUYS LETS BE HONEST FOR ONCE!!!
[/b]

u dumb a.ss, who told u igbo day was being celebrated on independence day? u co.wards know how to twist story, i read imbec.ilic bluetooth talking of hosting biafra flag, where did u read that from the report? have u been to any ohaneze gathering before? if world igbo day is being held all over the world, why wouldn't it be held in Abuja, are we not nigerians? ur tribal brain have blocked ur sense of reasoning. The report said they have paid months before the rice sharing event crop up, in fairness who is entitled to that place?

All these yoriba f.ools envying anything igbo should go and rest, cos we are not of the same stock with them. Tribal hatred and envy will keep supressing ur Yoruba generation while we match on with our ever winning spirit. u guys should al jump into the lagoon for all i care, u hatred for anything igbo is a morale booster for us. If u think too much of igbos, VERY HIGH BP go kill una, if u vex too much go hug 33KV transformer. IGBOs are setting the blaze, while yoribas are trailing behind. Fo.ols, bleaching tiger-whisker- tribalists!!!
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by shotster50(m): 1:21am On Oct 02, 2010
@ Bluetooth and Sbeezy

It is either you two are purposely winding people up here or you two are very dumb.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by onyengbu1(m): 10:00am On Oct 02, 2010
Arysexy:

u dumb behind, who told u igbo day was being celebrated on independence day? u co.wards know how to twist story, i read imbec.ilic bluetooth talking of hosting biafra flag, where did u read that from the report? have u been to any ohaneze gathering before? if world igbo day is being held all over the world, why wouldn't it be held in Abuja, are we not nigerians? your tribal brain have blocked your sense of reasoning. The report said they have paid months before the rice sharing event crop up, in fairness who is entitled to that place?

All these yoriba f.ools envying anything igbo should go and rest, cos we are not of the same stock with them. Tribal hatred and envy will keep supressing your Yoruba generation while we match on with our ever winning spirit. u guys should al jump into the lagoon for all i care, u hatred for anything igbo is a morale booster for us. If u think too much of igbos, VERY HIGH BP go kill una, if u vex too much go hug 33KV transformer. IGBOs are setting the blaze, while yoribas are trailing behind. Fo.ols, bleaching tiger-whisker- tribalists!!!

Thank you so much, I have been waiting for someone to point that out.

Why do people like go out of their way to twist any igbo related story to fit their argument.

It quite a pity!
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by revolt(m): 10:55am On Oct 02, 2010
Bluetooth not all igbos r cyber warriors some will hunt you down.we need to do away with bigots. Y r u guys so scared and envious of igbos. By now u should have realised we are unstoppable. Survived a pogrom civil war plus nepotism and redtapsm in govt.shine ur eye
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 02, 2010
Nigeria celebrate INDEPENDENCE on 1st october,what is ibo celebrating on ibo day ? Independence or what ? Why did the celebrating co-incide with independence day celebrating activites ? The celebrating is not a NATIONAL one so,it should not have been held in the federal capital but in iboland.hausa day,ijaw day,itsekiri day,yoruba day are not celebrated,why is ibo celebrating ibo day ? For what ?
revolt:

Bluetooth not all igbos r cyber warriors [b]some will hunt you down.[/b]we need to do away with bigots. Y r u guys so scared and envious of igbos. By now u should have realised we are unstoppable. Survived a pogrom civil war plus nepotism and redtapsm in govt.shine your eye
Am i supposed to feel threatened or what ? Sorry you got the wrong guy cuz i'm untouchable !
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by AndreUweh(m): 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2010
http://www.champion.com.ng/displaycontent.asp?pid=756

@Bluetooth: Click the link above and read through to understand that apart from Ndigbo, other Nigerian ethnic groups do celebrate their own days.
I wonder where you were on the day brains were created. Perhaps you came late.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2010
Andre Uweh:

http://www.champion.com.ng/displaycontent.asp?pid=756

@Bluetooth: Click the link above and read through to understand that apart from Ndigbo, other Nigerian ethnic groups do celebrate their own days.
I wonder where you were on the day brains were created. Perhaps you came late.
And how many of them tagged it as some kind of emancipation celebration ? As in ijaw day,hausa day yoruba day,itsekiri day ? What you showed me is just an association celebration of their culture in a meery manner not political.ohanaeze is a more or less a political movement.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by AndreUweh(m): 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2010
~Bluetooth:

And how many of them tagged it as some kind of emancipation celebration ? As in ijaw day,hausa day yoruba day,itsekiri day ? What you showed me is just an association celebration of their culture in a meery manner not political.ohanaeze is a more or less a political movement.
Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo is not a political movement but a socio-cultural organisation. The link I showed you highlights the fact that other Nigerian groups do celebrate their own days. So accept defeat mr stubborn.
I have attended a yourubal cultural festival (sort of Yoruiba day) in Suleja some years back. Also I attended Tiv association Day in Gwagwalada Abuja, April this year.
Hence, allow Ndigbo to exercise their freedom of association which is their fundamental human right.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Theblessed(f): 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2010
[b][size=18pt]Whatever happened to 'Respect and tolerance' in this country, I would like to know.

It seems, the contract to hold this event took place some weeks ago, and should have been respected instead of calling off an event it's contract had been signed without adequate prior notice, this is unacceptable.  Whether the event is considered inferior by some or not, it doesn't matter - what matters is the 'principle' behind the law and respecting the law. 

But how would Nigeria move on if we can not respect our own 'Law of Contract' or any other Laws of the land?

Mrs President should have been given another venue to officiate her Philanthropic gestures to the poor and not the venue Ohaneze Ndi Igbo had already booked for their events, along time ago -  this is absolutely, uncivilized behaviour and wrong! 

Goes to show, the evil of despotism that can not be weaned off or healed from Nigeria's system/past as long as the 'Old School Boys' are still operating within the system. 

Assuming Nigeria respect the law, I would have suggest Ohanaeze to sue them for breach of Contract but knowing  how Nigeria operates, it's a waste of time but we must warn for the progress of this country, those in Authority should desist from influencing or supporting  the evil acts and attitudes of; man know man, respect for status quo and marginalisation of the down trodden, if we are to get on.
[/size][/b]
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Guylan(m): 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Nigeria celebrate INDEPENDENCE on 1st october,what is ibo celebrating on ibo day ? Independence or what ? Why did the celebrating co-incide with independence day celebrating activites ? The celebrating is not a NATIONAL one so,it should not have been held in the federal capital but in iboland.hausa day,ijaw day,itsekiri day,yoruba day are not celebrated,why is ibo celebrating ibo day ? For what ?Am i supposed to feel threatened or what ? Sorry you got the wrong guy cuz i'm untouchable !

@bluetooth

you must be the most tribalistic dumb that exist in NL. How dare you insinuate that Nigeria (be it in Abuja or Owerri) is not the homeland of the Igbos. Like it or not,  the Igbos are Nigerians and as a result have the right to celebrate any non violence activity they want in any part of Nigeria.
So, Mr/s BT, I Pray that  you recover quickly from your mental madness and dump your hatred and tribalistic mentality towards the Igbos.  angry angry
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 02, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo is not a political movement but a socio-cultural organisation. The link I showed you highlights the fact that other Nigerian groups do celebrate their own days. So accept defeat mr stubborn.
I have attended a yourubal cultural festival (sort of Yoruiba day) in Suleja some years back. Also I attended Tiv association Day in Gwagwalada Abuja, April this year.
Hence, allow Ndigbo to exercise their freedom of association which is their fundamental human right.
Afenifere and ohanaeze are both political movements because they have influences on their regional politics and political parties.You called it a socio-cultural movement yet it keeps meddling with politics.that aside,the link you showed me and the yoruba gatherings you attended are just cultural group which may fall in the category of EYO festival,Argungun festival,osun/oshogbo festival but since ohanaeze is a political movement,its activites needed to be checked.Have you ever seen where the NEW YAM celebration of the ibo has been cancelled by government before ? No
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Arysexy(m): 11:09pm On Oct 02, 2010
Nigeria celebrate INDEPENDENCE on 1st october,what is ibo celebrating on ibo day ? Independence or what ? Why did the celebrating co-incide with independence day celebrating activites ? The celebrating is not a NATIONAL one so,it should not have been held in the federal capital but in iboland.hausa day,ijaw day,itsekiri day,yoruba day are not celebrated,why is ibo celebrating ibo day ? For what ?
Quote from: revolt on Today at 10:55:32 AM

U louszy lo.ut, it seems u r just being mischievous, if they catch u here, u slip and pop up ur nasty/ugly face from another angle. i know ur game and i want to assure u that am equal to the task! get that in2 ur tribal skull.

29th of october has always been a day igbos worldwide celebrate their culture/oneness and not emancipation as u tried to twist as usual. so celebrating nigeria's independence on 1st october does not have any interference with it, u r just being tribalistic as expected from a tiger-whisker-Yoruba-goat. if ijaw, yoriba, itsekiri etc dont feel like celebrating their culture, thats their problem, probably they dont have any to celebrate, but let me educate u that Nigeria's constitution grants every nigerian, the freedom of assocciation of any kind provided its non-violence. i hope u've learnt that today moto park fo.ol!!!
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by ogmyth: 3:58am On Oct 03, 2010
Arysexy:

Nigeria celebrate INDEPENDENCE on 1st october,what is ibo celebrating on ibo day ? Independence or what ? Why did the celebrating co-incide with independence day celebrating activites ? The celebrating is not a NATIONAL one so,it should not have been held in the federal capital but in iboland.hausa day,ijaw day,itsekiri day,yoruba day are not celebrated,why is ibo celebrating ibo day ? For what  ?

U louszy lo.ut, it seems u r just being mischievous, if they catch u here, u slip and pop up your nasty/ugly face from another angle. i know your game and i want to assure u that am equal to the task! get that in2 your tribal skull.

29th of october has always been a day igbos worldwide celebrate their culture/oneness and not emancipation as u tried to twist as usual. so celebrating nigeria's independence on 1st october does not have any interference with it, u r just being tribalistic as expected from a tiger-whisker-Yoruba-goat. if ijaw, yoriba, itsekiri etc dont feel like celebrating their culture, thats their problem, probably they dont have any to celebrate, but let me educate u that Nigeria's constitution grants every nigerian, the freedom of assocciation of any kind provided its non-violence. i hope u've learnt that today moto park fo.ol!!!
I think ignorance is no defense if you  have read the opening thread, you would have actually seen the date, this igbo day was held. Nevertheless, it still the same reason Nigeria has not being able to progress as it should, that is still happening amongst NL, fighting silly tribal wars, the same reason u were colonize, the same reason the military has taken power for more than half Nigerian history, we always find it difficult to co-habit and have a common goal and achieve it. Let me ask when OBJ was in power how many of your brothers benefited, how much infrastructure did he put in place in your state.  Did he not cease lagos LG money.
Whether you want to celebrate independence or dependence or dictatorship eyo or igbo day or sharia or your mourning Nigeria it is your business as long as your not infringing on anybodies right 
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 03, 2010
, HISS, there is no Nigeria
this thread is sick, !!!
instead of thinking of the way forward, guys are
here throwing blow on tribes, very soon the country
will turn into sudan,afghan, with talibans, then everybody eye
go clear!!!! angry
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 03, 2010
Arysexy:

U louszy lo.ut, it seems u r just being mischievous, if they catch u here, u slip and pop up your nasty/ugly face from another angle. i know your game and i want to assure u that am equal to the task! get that in2 your tribal skull.

Now the celebration is celebrated on 29th october but was suddenly shifted up to co-incide with the independence day celebration,that is interesting.Anyways,if the ibo has been celebrating the so-called ibo day before,how come the publicity this time around is high if it has nothing to do with the independence day celebration.if i may ask,do you mind telling me the history of the ibo day celebration.please,i like to know.
ogmyth:

[color=#000099]I think ignorance is no defense if you  have read the opening thread, you would have actually seen the date, this igbo day was held. Nevertheless, it still the same reason Nigeria has not being able to progress as it should, that is still happening amongst NL, fighting silly tribal wars, the same reason u were colonize, the same reason the military has taken power for more than half Nigerian history, we always find it difficult to co-habit and have a common goal and achieve it. Let me ask when OBJ was in power how many of your brothers benefited, how much infrastructure did he put in place in your state.  Did he not cease lagos LG money.
Whether you want to celebrate independence or dependence or dictatorship eyo or igbo day or sharia or your mourning Nigeria it is your business as[b] long as your not infringing on anybodies right[/b] 
Sorry bro. . .the celebration threatened Nigeria's sovereignity,security,peace and Unity.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by revolt(m): 10:59am On Oct 03, 2010
Bluetooth still dey here? Ok
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Osama10(m): 12:39am On Oct 04, 2010
:-x
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by AkinEgba: 1:38am On Oct 04, 2010
We Yoruba also celebrate oduduwa day. Shame on bigots like Bluetooth. Thank God your like do not represent the Yoruba.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2007/07/29/oduduwa-day-celebration-yoruba-culture-nigeria/
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by AkinEgba: 1:40am On Oct 04, 2010
Yoruba in Anambra celebrate Oduduwa day

Alao-Akala, Ooni, Ezeife For Oduduwa Day In Awka

By Okey Maduforo, Correspondent, Awka

Oyo State governor, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala, Ooni of Ife and former governor of Anambra State, Dr Chukwumeka Ezeife, are to grace the Oduduwa Day and Award presentation billed for Saturday in Awka, the Anambra State capital.

Also to attend the event are Senator Ben Obi, Igwe Gibson Nwosu, Governor Peter Obi and his Deputy, Dame Virgy Etiaba, who would be decorated as the mother of the day.

Speaking with Daily Independent in Awka, President of Egbe Omo Oduduwa, Chief Tunde Adegbenjo, pointed out that some notable personalities would be bestowed with awards of excellence and commendation which include former Anambra State governor, and Action Congress (AC) governorship candidate, Dr Chris Ngige, as well as Senator Emma Anosike. He also disclosed that the CEO of Capital Oils Nigeria Limited, Chief Ifeanyi Uba, who averted a looming ethnic clash between the Igbo and Yoruba in Nnewi commercial town, will also be honoured.

Adegbenjo explained: “What we are doing is to remind our brothers and sisters in Anambra State that we are one. I am from Kwara State and I have been here for more than 15 years. I have been doing business in Anambra State and I have even extended beyond the state and it has been blissful and warm so far. I even married an Igbo girl from Delta State. So what would my Yoruba brothers tell me about Ndigbo that would make me to start having reservations about them?”

Continuing, Adegbenjo noted that the occasion would certainly attract the presence of some personalities from across the country, namely the Ooniof Ife and Eze Uzu Awka as royal fathers of the day, as well as Oyo State governor, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala, as special guest of honour.

Others expected are Senator Ben Obi, an indigene of Awka who will be the chairman of the occasion; and former Anambra State Governor, Chief Chukwuemeka Ezeife, as guest speaker.

He added, “We also have the Timi of Ede as royal father of the day and Anambra Governor, Peter Obi, as chief host. Interestingly, Obi’s predecessor, Dr. Chris Ngige, and Deputy Governor, Dame Virgy Etiaba, would also be there along with Senator Emma Anosike. These would be receiving various awards at the ceremony that would be graced by other personalities like former Anambra Police Commissioner, Amusa Bello, Chief Executive of Capital Oil, Chief Ifeanyi Uba, Ozo Mike Nwogbo, the Nneni DPO, Mr. Ayodeji Ogundele.

“Also expected at the occasion are former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu, and incumbent Governor Raji Fashola, along with some titled men from Yorubaland. We shall also play host to Yoruba communities from the South East and South South states.”

Explaining what would be expected of the organisation by next year, Adegbenjo said, “There is plan to start a mass transit scheme which has already been registered and we intend to launch it by next year. The transit scheme would cover some Yoruba states to Anambra given the difficulty in getting direct transport from Awka. We have commenced discussions with vehicle owners in Anambra and four other states in the west in a bid to actualising this dream.”

He also announced that a centre is in the offing for cultural integration between the Yoruba and Igbo, which he said would include library on Nigerian history with special bias for Igbo and Yoruba, as well as showcase of the arts and crafts of the people.

“This is aimed at educating the upcoming generation on the essence of national unity. Today people do not pay attention to social studies that we use to learn in our primary school days. The civil education and social values that our nationalists laid down for us have been eroded and that is to our own detriment. The place will be a research centre that would educate our coming generation and be useful to those in the academic world,” he said.

While the Odu’a community in Anambra pulls out all the stops ahead of this Saturday when the event will take place, social observers are of the view that it should be sustained for posterity.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Arysexy(m): 2:15am On Oct 04, 2010
Akin - egba, thank u 4 d above post, i hope that silly bu.ffon called bluetooth reads it, maybe Anambra is now a yoriba state where they can celbrate oduduwa day. Anuofia
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by vicenzo(m): 6:10pm On Oct 06, 2010
Is the gathering of ndigbo now a threat to Nigeria?first owerri and now Abuja,GEJ is not a thief but whenever he passes by something gets missing.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by seanet02: 6:29pm On Oct 06, 2010
vicenzo:

Is the gathering of ndigbo now a threat to Nigeria?first owerri and now Abuja,GEJ is not a thief but whenever he passes by something gets missing.
seems your BRAIN IS SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 06, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Yoruba in Anambra celebrate[b] Oduduwa day
[/b]

Alao-Akala, Ooni, Ezeife For[b] Oduduwa Day[/b] In Awka

By Okey Maduforo, Correspondent, Awka

Oyo State governor, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala, Ooni of Ife and former governor of Anambra State, Dr Chukwumeka Ezeife, are to grace the Oduduwa Day and Award presentation billed for Saturday in Awka, the Anambra State capital.

Also to attend the event are Senator Ben Obi, Igwe Gibson Nwosu, Governor Peter Obi and his Deputy, Dame Virgy Etiaba, who would be decorated as the mother of the day.

Speaking with Daily Independent in Awka, President of[b] Egbe Omo Oduduwa,[/b] Chief Tunde Adegbenjo, pointed out that some notable personalities would be bestowed with awards of excellence and commendation which include former Anambra State governor, and Action Congress (AC) governorship candidate, Dr Chris Ngige, as well as Senator Emma Anosike. He also disclosed that the CEO of Capital Oils Nigeria Limited, Chief Ifeanyi Uba, who averted a looming ethnic clash between the Igbo and Yoruba in Nnewi commercial town, will also be honoured.

Adegbenjo explained: “What we are doing is to remind our brothers and sisters in Anambra State that we are one. I am from Kwara State and I have been here for more than 15 years. I have been doing business in Anambra State and I have even extended beyond the state and it has been blissful and warm so far. I even married an Igbo girl from Delta State. So what would my Yoruba brothers tell me about Ndigbo that would make me to start having reservations about them?”

Continuing, Adegbenjo noted that the occasion would certainly attract the presence of some personalities from across the country, namely the Ooniof Ife and Eze Uzu Awka as royal fathers of the day, as well as Oyo State governor, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala, as special guest of honour.

Others expected are Senator Ben Obi, an indigene of Awka who will be the chairman of the occasion; and former Anambra State Governor, Chief Chukwuemeka Ezeife, as guest speaker.

He added, “We also have the Timi of Ede as royal father of the day and Anambra Governor, Peter Obi, as chief host. Interestingly, Obi’s predecessor, Dr. Chris Ngige, and Deputy Governor, Dame Virgy Etiaba, would also be there along with Senator Emma Anosike. These would be receiving various awards at the ceremony that would be graced by other personalities like former Anambra Police Commissioner, Amusa Bello, Chief Executive of Capital Oil, Chief Ifeanyi Uba, Ozo Mike Nwogbo, the Nneni DPO, Mr. Ayodeji Ogundele.

“Also expected at the occasion are former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu, and incumbent Governor Raji Fashola, along with some titled men from Yorubaland. We shall also play host to Yoruba communities from the South East and South South states.”

Explaining what would be expected of the organisation by next year, Adegbenjo said, “There is plan to start a mass transit scheme which has already been registered and we intend to launch it by next year. The transit scheme would cover some Yoruba states to Anambra given the difficulty in getting direct transport from Awka. We have commenced discussions with vehicle owners in Anambra and four other states in the west in a bid to actualising this dream.”

He also announced that a centre is in the offing for[b] cultural integration between the Yoruba and Igbo, which he said would include library on Nigerian history with special bias for Igbo and Yoruba, as well as showcase of the arts and crafts of the people.
[/b]

“This is aimed at educating the upcoming generation on the essence of national unity. Today people do not pay attention to social studies that we use to learn in our primary school days. The civil education and social values that our nationalists laid down for us have been eroded and that is to our own detriment. The place will be a research centre that would educate our coming generation and be useful to those in the academic world,” he said.

While the Odu’a community in Anambra pulls out all the stops ahead of this Saturday when the event will take place, social observers are of the view that it should be sustained for posterity.

The egbe omo oduduwa is a cultural group and Oduwawa does not translate to a tribe.What I asked you guys to show me is where yoruba or hausa day is being celebrated.Maybe the event would have been allowed to hold if it was tagged ojukwu day .so there is difference between[b] Yoruba tribe and egbe omo oduduwa which is an association[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) / Plateau Signs Memorandum With Land Owners / Tell Us Your Beef With Buhari, Presidency Tells 2face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.