Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja (4852 Views)

We Discovered Arms At Jonathan’s Campaign venue In Kaduna – Army.. / Gunmen Destroy APC Governorship Campaign Venue In Rivers State / Bomb Scare At Buhari's Campaign Rally Venue In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by chyz(m): 8:01am On Oct 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

You can see the way they quickly politicize it blaming jonathan's wife.I wonder if Eyo ,osun/oshogbo or Argungun celebrations are being held inAbuja.The ibo are never self-sufficient,why not hold your indigenious meeting in your homeland ?

O i see now.you 2 are jealous that nothing about yoruba is being celebrated all over nigeria.LOL. Carry go make meeting with your brother on an Igbo thread instead of promoting your own people.you are helping our topics stay at the top. wink

Igbo Propaganda is Great! grin
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 01, 2010
sbeezy8:

Yea you have a point there. Dont you know they ahve Yam festival in Ogun state and Oyo. LOL. I dont know why they dont love their fatherland. Eyo festival in Enugu lol- das funnny
Lwkmd. . .this is exactly the same way Zik wanted to come and rule over the yoruba.It's part of them.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by sbeezy8: 8:15am On Oct 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Lwkmd. . .this is exactly the same way Zik wanted to come and rule over the yoruba.It's part of them.

They have always loved the west mehn its like paradise to most.

Even now igbos are applying to OAU- Ife CORE YORUBALAND named After Awolowo.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

You can see the way they quickly politicize it blaming jonathan's wife.I wonder if Eyo ,osun/oshogbo or Argungun celebrations are being held inAbuja.The ibo are never self-sufficient,why not hold your indigenious meeting in your homeland ?

insert tribalistic diss here - prolly too unsafe - their less priviledged chook eyed kinsmen will be unable to resist the urge to rob and kidnap their more successful brethren
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Alxmyr(m): 8:24am On Oct 01, 2010
I wonder why people would resort to all sort of malicious means to propagate lies and generate bad blood.
Every body in Abuja know that the last one week has been a beehive of activities. Every popular spot and hotels were taken over by government functionaries to celebrate independence day.
All these deliberate attempt by some malicious politicians to generate bad blood should not be encourage.
Beside, when has the parks turn to venue of celebration of Igbo day or any ethnic day for that matter.
After the Igbos has made their region unsafe and uncomfortable for themselves, are they shifting to Abuja to practise their trade of kidnapping?
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by sbeezy8: 8:28am On Oct 01, 2010
wrong thread
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 01, 2010
Alxmyr:

I wonder why people would resort to all sort of malicious means to propagate lies and generate bad blood.
Every body in Abuja know that the last one week has been a beehive of activities. Every popular spot and hotels were taken over by government functionaries to celebrate independence day.
All these deliberate attempt by some malicious politicians to generate bad blood should not be encourage.
Beside, when has the parks turn to venue of celebration of Igbo day or any ethnic day for that matter.
After the Igbos has made their region unsafe and uncomfortable for themselves, are they shifting to Abuja to practise their trade of kidnapping?

oyb:

insert tribalistic diss here - prolly too unsafe - their less priviledged chook eyed kinsmen will be unable to resist the urge to rob and kidnap their more successful brethren
sbeezy8:

They have always loved the west mehn its like paradise to most.

Even now[b] igbos are applying to OAU- Ife CORE YORUBALAND named After Awolowo.
[/b]
ROTFLMAO. . . ??
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by monkeyleg: 9:27am On Oct 01, 2010
Nigeria is truly not one country, if some can resort to tribalist chants when an obvious wrong has happened. It doesnt matter if it is Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, what happened was wrong.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Hatitude: 9:29am On Oct 01, 2010
If you want us to believe your story, then include a copy of the receipt of the venue booked by Ohaneze. Otherwise, spare us the rumours.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by AndreUweh(m): 9:36am On Oct 01, 2010
Hatitude:

If you want us to believe your story, then include a copy of the receipt of the venue booked by Ohaneze. Otherwise, spare us the rumours.
Stop chatting crap little fry, why not go to owners of the park and ask them for a copy of the receipt. Nigeria is what it is today because people like you turn logic upside down. Be sensible.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 01, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Stop chatting crap little fry, why not go to owners of the park and ask them for a copy of the receipt. Nigeria is what it is today because people like you turn logic upside down. Be sensible.
Ibo are only being hypocritic.you want to be president of nigeria on one hand while on the other,you sing secession and biafra crap.what do you guys reall want ?
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by AndreUweh(m): 10:02am On Oct 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Ibo are only being hypocritic.you want to be president of nigeria on one hand while on the other,you sing secession and biafra crap.what do you guys reall want ?
I think your head needs to be examined. Or else, tell me where and when that I have sang secession song.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 01, 2010
Andre Uweh:

I think your head needs to be examined. Or else, tell me where and when that I have sang secession song.
You = ibo
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by jcross19: 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2010
Okay you don't want them right then let them go , why holding on them b,cos i can see hatred here . I think you people are showing your hatred abusing the tribe you don't want . this can happen to any one , if the capital is not allow for a set of people then why did allow them to have state building in the capital then , since they are not distrupting the peace of the capital. THIS IS BIASS .
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Ibime(m): 12:31pm On Oct 01, 2010
This story sounds fishy. Probably planted by political enemies.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Reference(m): 12:36pm On Oct 01, 2010
This is pathetic. Even if Igbos are valets in this country when you party they are not expected to serve in rags. That is why I personally see nothing in Nigeria at 50 nor respects its celebrants. For our information the whole world is watching not see what we have achieved (nothing to show for it) but how far we gone as a nation, how well we have sown our social cloth, how strong the seams are. The question we should be asking like every American president will at a time like this is; the state of our union is, It is not about where Igbo Day is celebrated. For goodness sake will every easterner travel home for this, do we travel for every birthday and anniversary. If Nigerians will not ask questions that define their unity and seek inclusiveness at 50 how can we succeed as a nation. How can an engine work well when the sum of its parts are faulty. And tomorrow we turn round and complain about government at this and that. Unity is basic. If we cannot work together and respect each other then we should not even attempt to develop as a nation. Ohaneze is simply testing this and yet again we are all failing badly. If I was a foreigner visiting the country at a time like this what do you think I would be interested in. Watching soldiers marching around, helicopters flying overhead or the largest cake in the world. Let's be real folks it starts with how are you doing.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by JUO(m): 12:41pm On Oct 01, 2010
politics is a dirty game. power tussle, who won, if it were IBB would they dare it?
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by mystikal(m): 12:47pm On Oct 01, 2010
Reference:

This is pathetic. Even if Igbos are valets in this country when you party they are not expected to serve in rags. That is why I personally see nothing in Nigeria at 50 nor respects its celebrants. For our information the whole world is watching not see what we have achieved (nothing to show for it) but how far we gone as a nation, how well we have sown our social cloth, how strong the seams are. The question we should be asking like every American president will at a time like this is; the state of our union is,  It is not about where Igbo Day is celebrated. For goodness sake will every easterner travel home for this, do we travel for every birthday and anniversary. If Nigerians will not ask questions that define their unity and seek inclusiveness at 50 how can we succeed as a nation. How can an engine work well when the sum of its parts are faulty. And tomorrow we turn round and complain about government at this and that. Unity is basic. If we cannot work together and respect each other then we should not even attempt to develop as a nation. Ohaneze is simply testing this and yet again we are all failing badly. If I was a foreigner visiting the country at a time like this what do you think I would be interested in. Watching soldiers marching around, helicopters flying overhead or the largest cake in the world. Let's be real folks it starts with how are you doing.
You'll probably be kidnapped  sad sad!

Its funny how we are not talking about the obvious wrong committed here. If the venue had been paid for already, Shouldnt the 1st lady be advised by her logistics team about the clash and possible change of venue?

BTW, Tribalism is synonymous with Illiteracy
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by jason12345: 1:01pm On Oct 01, 2010
mystikal:

You'll probably be kidnapped  sad sad!

Its funny how we are not talking about the obvious wrong committed here. If the venue had been paid for already, Shouldnt the 1st lady be advised by her logistics team about the clash and possible change of venue?

BTW, Tribalism is synonymous with Illiteracy
you are right, but why would an ethnic group celebrate its ethnicity in the capital of a multicultural country during its independence day . whether its yoruba, hausa or igbo, it is wrong. am sure if it was the hausas everyone on NL would complain.
GUYS LETS BE HONEST FOR ONCE!!!
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by mystikal(m): 1:09pm On Oct 01, 2010
I'm still struggling to see the big deal. The owners of the venue must have already known the group's intentions b4 the initial approval, didn't they?
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
mystikal:

I'm still struggling to see the big deal. The owners of the venue must have already known the group's intentions b4 the initial approval, didn't they?

so you are telling me that you see nothing wrong in ibo hosting ibo day in the federal capital territory few days to Nigeria's independence day celebration ? Abeg go siddon instead of yarning crap here.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 01, 2010
blessing in disguise

some of mends bombs might have gone off around your gathering
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by anyason: 2:05pm On Oct 01, 2010
I believe it was just a mere coincidence. but the earlier we learn to face issues squarely in this forum, the better for us. Most people are becoming too tribalistic in this forum and this is a clear evidence of immaturity.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by chyz(m): 2:07pm On Oct 01, 2010
anyason:

I believe it was just a mere coincidence. but the earlier we learn to face issues squarely in this forum, the better for us. Most people are becoming too tribalistic in this forum and this is a clear evidence of immaturity.

Thank you.anything dealing with Igbo makes jealousy erupt from a particular southern ethnic group. read through every thread that has to with the igbo including this one and tell me what tribe im talking about.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by mystikal(m): 2:12pm On Oct 01, 2010
So Bluetooth, my wahala is why was the venue approved in the first place if it was such an illegal gathering?

Whether it is wrong to hold ethnic meetings in multicultural state capitals, [abi its wrong in principle or by law?] I'll leave that for you to decide. It doesnt really matter to me.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by hinduism(f): 2:34pm On Oct 01, 2010
is a good thing they were stop, is abuja and igboland ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d useless idiots
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by AkinEgba: 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2010
I thought this is Ibo day celebrated by Ibos resident in Abuja? Those in the USA celebrated theirs in USA. I am sure those in iboland also celebrated theirs in iboland too. Do you need to travel to iboland to celebrate ibo day if you do not live there? I think the blame should go to the people who rented the place out to the ibos and turned round to revoke it just because of that hairy, fat-faced, grumpy-voiced first lady. If I were the ibos in Abuja (whom we hear own 75% of the city), I would sue the landlord/caretaker of the place.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Reference(m): 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2010
This gathering was not on independence day. I am sure they know holding it that day wouldn't sell but hey, If you cannot express your independence on independence day tell me when else. I see it as a litmus test of our tolerance levels. The Olympics had natives protesting (not just meeting) in Los Angeles, Sydney, Beijing. The SA world cup was used as a platform by unions, the list goes on and on. High profile events will always attract statements. Civilised minds would say yes what are you saying, lets put an end to this and that so that the next fifty years will produce a more tolerant and progressive society.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by jason12345: 3:19pm On Oct 01, 2010
chyz:

Thank you.anything dealing with Igbo makes jealousy erupt from a particular southern ethnic group. read through every thread that has to with the igbo including this one and tell me what tribe im talking about.
you are very right, some people are very tribal which is immature!! but if it was the hausas, i know we would all be complaining!!! so, i doubt it jealousy but pls my brother dont mind the tribal ones.
also read my earlier comment
jason12345:

you are right, but why would an ethnic group celebrate its ethnicity in the capital of a multicultural country during its independence day . whether its yoruba, hausa or igbo, it is wrong. am sure if it was the hausas everyone on NL would complain.
GUYS LETS BE HONEST FOR ONCE!!!
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by chyz(m): 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2010
jason12345:

you are very right, some people are very tribal which is immature!! but if it was the hausas, i know we would all be complaining!!! so, i doubt it jealousy but pls my brother dont mind the tribal ones.
also read my earlier comment

multicultural means that their is more than one culture there and each is allowed to embrace their own culture.If the others want to have their own ceremony why would it be a problem,let them go ahead but dont get mad because a particular tribe is going ahead and doing so while yours is not.
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 01, 2010
sincere question, do some of you peeps ever sleep?
Re: Ohanaeze Denied Use Of Venue In Abuja by chyz(m): 3:39pm On Oct 01, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

sincere question, do some of you peeps ever sleep?

I'm a business man. I no dey sleep baby. Btw, cute pic wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Nigerians Compare Buhari's Umbrella With Other World Leaders / My Spirit Has Left APC, I Have Parted Ways With Them Forever -Fani Kayode / This Is Mrs Margaret Obi, Wife Of His Excellency, Peter Obi - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.