Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens (5701 Views)

Nigerians Blast Fayose For Saying "Send Buahri Back To Daura Or Expect More Blun / Expect More Good Works From Me – Jonathan Tells Nigerians / MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by mrofficial(m): 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2010
yeswecan:

I have not dismissed the possibilities of Mend been used for political reasons for they has already proved to be bunch of hungry fellow searching for survival. I have not seen or heard of freedom fighters kidnapping for money – or demand for oil-wells- does illegal oil business and not even a single social responsibility to the community they claim to represent.

These are not freedom fighters but criminals who will stop at nothing because this is what they do to acquire houses and cars in other part of the country – not where they represent.  It is just sad that some Nigerians could fall for this

Yes and they say, please give us food that will may stop. Silly you, always looking for excuse.
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by ud4u: 1:41pm On Oct 05, 2010
IBB's plot, but why did this people allow themselves to be used against their brother.

Power of money, Chie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by yeswecan(m): 1:41pm On Oct 05, 2010
mr.official:

the governments will continue to prolong this issue if they do not do the right thing. One militant die, them born another one. Why can't they do what is right and end this. They've been milking the whole country for years now, ordinary electricity is privilege. Na wa ooo, now they are arresting looking for bombers showing smartness to continue their regular stealing. One thing i believe is that, if they do not meet the demand of the Naija Deltans things like this will not stop, because an idle mind is the devil's workshop.

You are not in your right state of mind . . . Is Niger Delta's problem different from that of Nigeria's and who do you think the bombing affects? guess who? common Nigerians- the politician's child has to be abroad for education or managing a business there. Tell me one politician that has been killed or even affected from the operations of Mends, mention one or don't we have political leaders in the ND region. I am from that region and i will tell you straight-up that region bags the highest electoral fraud and corrupt politicians from the History of Nigeria.

Show me a place in Nigeria that has constant electricity since that's your measuring rod. Nigerians are suffering - FG formed a commission specially structured to bring development to Niger Delta, this commission is led and administered by locals . . FG also formed a ministry specially for Niger Delta development - not to mention the state allocation formula where ND states has the highest state allocation . . .

People just don't get it. FG has done all it can to foster development in Niger Delta region - it is in the hands of the people to check the ministry and NDDC and question their governors.

There is no such thing as true federalism in Nigeria and we cannot have that because of our political history.
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 05, 2010
where are those zombies that where jumping up and down the eagle square on oct,1 in the name of match pass,abeg let the lighting begin.
our dis-integration as a nation is drawing nearer and nearer and nearer and nearer and nearer by the day
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by yeswecan(m): 1:43pm On Oct 05, 2010
mr.official:

Yes and they say, please give us food that will may stop. Silly you, always looking for excuse.

??
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by mrofficial(m): 1:46pm On Oct 05, 2010
yeswecan:

You are not in your right state of mind . . . Is Niger Delta's problem different from that of Nigeria's and who do you think the bombing affects? guess who? common Nigerians- the politician's child has to be abroad for education or managing a business there. Tell me one politician that has been killed or even affected from the operations of Mends, mention one or don't we have political leaders in the ND region. I am from that region and i will tell you straight-up that region bags the highest electoral fraud and corrupt politicians from the History of Nigeria.

Show me a place in Nigeria that has constant electricity since that's your measuring rod. Nigerians are suffering - FG formed a commission specially structured to bring development to Niger Delta, this commission is led and administered by locals . . FG also formed a ministry specially for Niger Delta development - not to mention the state allocation formula where ND states has the highest state allocation . . .

People just don't get it. FG has done all it can to foster development in Niger Delta region - it is in the hands of the people to check the ministry and NDDC and question their governors.

There is no such thing as true federalism in Nigeria and we cannot have that because of our political history.

So how do we end it now?
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by yeswecan(m): 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2010
mr.official:

So how do we end it now?

Those so-called Mend leaders that are accessible should be arrested, tried and possibly jailed. . The culture of treating Mend with care has actually escalated the crisis, they seem untouchable so they can do and say what they want . . . this will never end except we combat and defeat them. What a country would it be if group of untrained criminals could hold us to ransom?
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by mrofficial(m): 2:14pm On Oct 05, 2010
Oya catch and jail dem naa.u see that's where the problem is. They arrested a leader and they already threatened to unleash more trouble. I'm not they shouldn't stop them, but what are the governments doing to make sure this does not rise again?
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by bisiaet: 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2010
Gbomo averred that MEND had made its point with the bombings in Abuja and would employ the same method of attack on military targets. This, he explained, would happen when the group declares resumption of hostilities.
He, however, tendered apology to the families of innocent Nigerians that lost their lives to the Abuja explosions, saying, it was not their intent to kill them.
According to him, “Our apology stems from the avoidable loss of innocent lives as this was not our intent. We wanted to use the opportunity to blame the security agencies for not playing their roles considering the forewarning we gave them

Please who is this Jomo Gbomo of a thing? God punish you and your family for saying what you said above look at this descendant of lost generation  bastard saying he blame the security for not evacuating people so bomb was meant to kill flies and ants isnit? may God hammer that your mouth Gbomo whatever you called yourself.

Pls tell your felow bastards to carry on the bombing business if you stop then you are not born by your father.
Imagine someone bearing Jomo Gbomo is that a name how does this name even connected with Nigeria I said it before the bastards in the house
of Nigeria has grown and no more peace. Look at him sending warning message may God punish you and you rot in hell F U C K Y O U MEND and F U C K Y O U Jomo gomo or Jomo Ponmo to hell with you!! nonsense!!!!

You said you are fighting for the right of your people and you so called a s s h o l e became so rich on the process and you are still calling yourself a fighter is this how to fight for right? Bombing is right seeking method isnit? You must be mad. Go on bom everywhere then relocate or change your nationalty to wherever ok. I D O T S
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by vasill(m): 2:45pm On Oct 05, 2010
I find d approach 2wrds dis bombing annoying. D americans always come up wt programs of necessities 2 nib any perceived enemies of its state by wht ever means necessary, covert operations 4 e.g. Pls d govt nd 2 deliver a very aggressive & deadly blow 2 d heart of dis chalatant. Let HENRY OKAH be dead by friday.
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by caringchi(f): 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2010
pls i need to understand some things:
1. who is really the leader of MEND? (once heard it was no longer Henry Okah )
2. this purported spokesman, Gbomo that made statements and further threats, has it been verified that hE is the one making the statements and that it was from MEND. I AM SAYING THIS, COS IF WE CONCLUDE IT IS MEND WITHOUT VERIFYING IT, we might not be able to find the real culprits, making it easy for them to strike again undetected

secondly, "He, however, tendered apology to the families of innocent Nigerians that lost their lives to the Abuja explosions, saying, it was not their intent to kill them".
what a dumb thing to say, it was not their intention to kill, and they still planted the bombs embarassed
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by vasill(m): 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2010
I find d approach 2wrds dis bombing annoying. D americans always come up wt programs of necessities 2 nib any perceived enemies of its state by wht ever means necessary, covert operations 4 e.g. Pls d govt nd 2 deliver a very aggressive & deadly blow 2 d heart of dis chalatant. Let HENRY OKAH be dead by friday.
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by tdough: 3:09pm On Oct 05, 2010
sometimes i just ask myself: what is the gain behind all these?
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by tkb417(m): 3:16pm On Oct 05, 2010
This is simple

anytime an innocent life is lost cos of MEND, 15 friends/families/foes/associates of theirs shd be slaughtered if they cannot find the perpetrators

an eye for 15 eyes

when they start beheading their children and wives, they'll come to the roundtable

so why do they want to attack military installations? arent they supposed to be bombing the people that milked them dry like Ibori and co

Jomo Gbomo abi Gbomo Gbomo whatever his name is , must be a bastard
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by sizzlers(m): 3:30pm On Oct 05, 2010
tkb417:

This is simple

anytime an innocent life is lost cos of MEND, 15 friends/families/foes/associates of theirs shd be slaughtered if they cannot find the perpetrators

an eye for 15 eyes

when they start beheading their children and wives, they'll come to the roundtable

so why do they want to attack military installations? arent they supposed to be bombing the people that milked them dry like Ibori and co

Jomo Gbomo abi Gbomo Gbomo whatever his name is , must be a naughty person
you are talking of revolution here
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by tkb417(m): 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2010
^^^

what is revolution?

im talking about well co-ordinated reprisal attacks on MENDS associates

thats all
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by sizzlers(m): 3:59pm On Oct 05, 2010
who will co-ordinated the reprisal attacks?? will it be Nigerian Govt? or Military
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by namdo(m): 5:01pm On Oct 05, 2010
una dey kill una head here. grin grin

Its a pitty. MEND is movement for the emancipation of the niger delta. It has no face. Gbomo Jomo actually means 'speaker'. there is no particular person going by that name!!!!. It is taken up by the man of the moment in the Name of MEND. Just understand this so you know how to consider this situation. If they convict Okah, he will just be another Sarowiwa.

MEND is faceless and can be used by a set of organised crime hungry individuals. think of this: anyone can send email to press or any other public domain. This does not give you a conclusion of where the mesage comes from.

don't be fooled. I believe that if they investigate properly, the origin of these acts would be known and punished. Keep this in mind.
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by sizzlers(m): 6:36pm On Oct 05, 2010
I see sense in this comment
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by wesley80(m): 6:57pm On Oct 05, 2010
This whole bombing episode is so depressing, no matter how i try to look at it, it just doesnt look good for our beloved country. We're just on free fall at the moment and i fear we still have some Long way to fall.
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by youngmonie: 8:48pm On Oct 05, 2010
caringchi:

pls i need to understand some things:
1. who is really the leader of MEND? (once heard it was no longer Henry Okah )
2. this purported spokesman, Gbomo that made statements and further threats, has it been verified that hE is the one making the statements and that it was from MEND. I AM SAYING THIS, COS IF WE CONCLUDE IT IS MEND WITHOUT VERIFYING IT, we might not be able to find the real culprits, making it easy for them to strike again undetected

secondly, "He, however, tendered apology to the families of innocent Nigerians that lost their lives to the Abuja explosions, saying, it was not their intent to kill them".
what a dumb thing to say, it was not their intention to kill, and they still planted the bombs embarassed

Leader of mend: there are two factions in mend, Chief commander Tompolo and Okha i think, of which tompolo and his boys are pro jonathan

Gbomo: na Ghostt
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 05, 2010
They are still making threats, we are yet to see any tangible suspect [cos as far as I know those 2 guys whose pix they put up could be already executed robbers or some'n] and their brother in aso rock is still denying that they are not capable of such. what a country. cool
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by jamace(m): 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2010
Please, bear this in mind any time you hear war and rumours of war in Nigeria:

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os3912.html
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by ogmyth: 11:38pm On Oct 05, 2010
@beaf
I do not know why you like sentiment and prejudice, you are calling, you will see the truth, you will commenting like someone that does not think.
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by na2day(m): 3:22am On Oct 06, 2010
Gbomo averred that MEND had made its point with the bombings in Abuja and would employ the same method of attack on military targets. This, he explained, would happen when the group declares resumption of hostilities.
He, however, tendered apology to the families of innocent Nigerians that lost their lives to the Abuja explosions, saying, it was not their intent to kill them.
According to him, “Our apology stems from the avoidable loss of innocent lives as this was not our intent. We wanted to use the opportunity to blame the security agencies for not playing their roles considering the forewarning we gave them
PLEASE MEND, LEAVE THE MILITARY MEN ALONE, THEY ARE PAWNS ALSO!
I BEG TARGET THESE CORRUPT POLITICANS, AT LEAST BOMB FIVE OF THEM BEFORE THE END OF THIS YEAR, MAYBE THE SANITY WE ALL SEEK IN THE SYSTEM WILL COME!
THANK YOU MEND
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by abasibles: 9:14am On Oct 06, 2010
that's hw people will go about spreading fake new all over the world making people to be intemidated!!!!!!!!!! pls we should try and stop all this plssssssssssssss
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by samoks(m): 9:32am On Oct 06, 2010
Dandas:

Its Lord Luggard that put us into this wahala.If we had Northerners(Hausa,Fulani,etc),Easterners(Igbos,Niger delta) and Westerners(Yorubas) as respective countries,all these nonsense wouldnt have been happening.Now the three regions are put under one umbrella as one country.Tell me what Hausa/fulani/igbo/yoruba man etc have in common both in tradition,language,way of life,physical appearance etc?.If this country had been divided into three countries like that ,all these rubbish both politically and otherwise will be stopped.No thanks to Luggard.

GBAMMMMMM, You have said it all, I think what we need now is to go our separate ways. after all countries in eastern europe are splitting up without stress, Lets ask ourselves the question, what do we all have in common? The Yprubas hate all easterners and Niger deltans with passion, the housas also hate us with passion, so why are we still ONE NATION,

Ask a Yoruba man whether he will like an IGBO president, the answer is NO, why? because an IBO man CANNOT just be 'OUR' PRESIDENT.

This is aching my heart so much. Of all the regions in Nigeria, S.E and S.S are the least developed, when you raise the issue, a Yoruba man will tell you that we should go and ask our own leaders what they did with our money allocated to us,

My question now is: what funds was used to develop Lagos, was it state funds or Federal Funds?

what Funds was used to develop Abuja? state of Federal,

The 2 busiest airport in the country today, where are they?? Lagos and Abuja, Ministry of Niger Delta, where is the head-quarters situated

When the ministry was created by the late President, who did he wanted to use as the head? An Housa man, so you guys will know that the marginalization we cry of is not in vane,

Lets go our separate ways, that is the only solution.

God himself knew we are not to be ONE NATION, HE USED THE TWO RIVERS TO SEPERATE US, as he did with Israel and Pharoah at the RED SEA. MR LUGGARD EFFED UP BY MERGING US.

Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by chiozor: 10:42am On Oct 06, 2010
^^^becomrich
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by vizion: 11:55am On Oct 06, 2010
samoks:

, This is aching my heart so much. Of all the regions in Nigeria, S.E and S.S are the least developed,  when you raise the issue, a Yoruba man will tell you that we should go and ask our own leaders what they did with our money allocated to us,

My question now is: what funds was used to develop Lagos,  was it state funds or Federal Funds?

what Funds was used to develop Abuja? state of Federal,

The 2 busiest airport in the country today, where are they?? Lagos and Abuja,  Ministry of Niger Delta,  where is the head-quarters situated,

a state like Rivers State gets close to 8 Billion Naira per month as 13% derivation funds.
Do you know what that kind of roads, low cost houses, hospitals, free education that money can give her citizen

on the issue of international airport, the former governor of rivers state closed the airport for more than a year, spent huge sums of money on a proported repair, and what do you have to show for it?
don't forget that the airports in Abuja and Lagos are like that because it is, and was the federal capital respectively.

guy u have to ask yourself where other ministries are located?
is there any federal ministry in the North or the south west??
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by vizion: 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2010
yeswecan:

I have not dismissed the possibilities of Mend been used for political reasons for they has already proved to be bunch of hungry fellow searching for survival. I have not seen or heard of freedom fighters kidnapping for money – or demand for oil wells- does illegal oil business and not even a single social responsibility to the community they claim to represent.

These are not freedom fighters but criminals who will stop at nothing because this is what they do to acquire houses and cars in other part of the country – not where they represent.  It is just sad that some Nigerians could fall for this

God Bless you my brother

People are just using sentiments to support these bunch of criminals?

how do they justify the kidnapping of Construction workers building roads in their community

Julius berger is no longer in Rivers state because of the kidnapping of her employees.

now how do you get development if you pursue the ppl that are suppose to bring it to you?
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by kettykings: 2:02pm On Oct 06, 2010
in the 70s was coups and counter coups, embezzlement armed robbery(invented by Oyenusi and co)

in the 80s coups and counter coups and coups and counter coups, bloody riots in the north

in the 90s coups and counter coups , militancy ,election anullment bloody riots in the north and counter riots in the east, assasination by gun, assasination by poisoning.

in the 2000s militancy ,election rigging, bloody religious and ethnic riots in the north and counter riots in the east, kidnapping of foreigners ,assasination by gun,mend , massob OPC.

in the 2010s militancy ,election rigging, bloody religious and ethnic riots in the north and against notherners and counter riots in the north, assasination by gun, assasination by poisoning,boko haram,mend , massob OPC,cabocarcy,sickocracy,kinapping of nigerians bynigerians.
Re: Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens by samoks(m): 2:18pm On Oct 06, 2010
kettykings:

in the 70s was coups and counter coups, embezzlement armed robbery(invented by Oyenusi and co)

in the 80s coups and counter coups and coups and counter coups, bloody riots in the north

in the 90s coups and counter coups , militancy ,election anullment bloody riots in the north and counter riots in the east, assasination by gun, assasination by poisoning.

in the 2000s militancy ,election rigging, bloody religious and ethnic riots in the north and counter riots in the east, kidnapping of foreigners ,assasination by gun,mend , massob OPC.

in the 2010s militancy ,election rigging, bloody religious and ethnic riots in the north and against notherners and counter riots in the north, assasination by gun, assasination by poisoning,boko haram,mend , massob OPC,cabocarcy,sickocracy,kinapping of nigerians bynigerians.

then what do you think is the soluttion? Disintegration if you ask me.

vizion:

God Bless you my brother

People are just using sentiments to support these bunch of criminals?

how do they justify the kidnapping of Construction workers building roads in their community

Julius berger is no longer in Rivers state because of the kidnapping of her employees.

now how do you get development if you pursue the ppl that are suppose to bring it to you?

was MEND responsible for the kidnapping in those days? It was those crimminals the government is rehabilitating that were responsible for those kidnappings then, NOT MEND.

I am in total support of MEND, but they shouldn't target places where innocent Nigerians can be found. Let them target the NASS, and ASO ROCK.

I know they can do it, its just a matter of time, lets keep our fingers crossed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba In Kwara And Burden Of Identity / No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg / Chukwumerije Hails Osun’s Education Policies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.