Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! (15238 Views)

The Message That Nailed Amaechi And Dakuku. Pictures. / "nzeogwu's Mentor" Spills The Beans (col Conrad Nwawo) / Gbenga Obasanjo's Wife Spills The Beans! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by maclatunji: 3:38pm On Oct 05, 2010
I am seriously disappointed that President GEJ inadvertently compromised the investigation into this heinous crime by absolving MEND of blame. For me, this is one of the top 3 errors or mistakes that any Nigerian President as ever made.

As things stand now, the polity is heated-up and because none of the major political leaders is coming out clean from this episode. It is highly unlikely that the 'real culprits' will be uncovered.

Such a big shame!
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by juman(m): 3:40pm On Oct 05, 2010
Yoruba this is our time to tell others we are going. Shikena. ODUA nation.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by crackhouse(m): 3:44pm On Oct 05, 2010
that news is a fake news, aljazeera is a Muslim owned media. you remember?.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Ayowumie(m): 3:50pm On Oct 05, 2010
crackhouse:

that news is a fake news, aljazeera is a Muslim owned media. you remember?.
And so what?
I wonder how some people could just make comment any how. For your information, Aljazeera is a credible media house. The fact that Aljazeera is a Muslim owned media does not discredit its position on objective journalism.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 05, 2010
I go to church, and for me, Aljazeera is #1 in terms of news balancing and impartiality. You wan try CNN, FOX or the cunning BBC?
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Kashif(m): 3:55pm On Oct 05, 2010
Okah claims he was arrested because he refused to persuade 'MEND' to decline responsibility for the bombing? Was that the same reason his house was searched, or was his house searched after the bombing?

It should not be forgotten that there was an intel report about the attack and investigations commenced before the actual explosions. With this, the presidency already knew it was not a MEND affair even before it happened. The conclusion was not hasty IMO.

I only blame GEJ for being too 'straight' with the whole issue.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Beaf: 3:57pm On Oct 05, 2010
Ayowumie:

And so what?
I wonder how some people could just make comment any how. For your information, Aljazeera is a credible media house. The fact that Aljazeera is a Muslim owned media does not discredit its position on objective journalism.

What exactly makes them credible? During the Yar Adua saga, were they not the source of a lot of crap news and analysis?
They failed before and they will fail again. Nigeria is not a religious state.

If someone was to post a quote from a Christian news site, would you see it as credible? No religious news agency is unbiased, and none is credidible.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by snakova(m): 4:00pm On Oct 05, 2010
Interesting. This is the first time people are actually questioning the possibility of MEND carrying out attacks they have confessed to doing. It makes me wonder how low people would stoop to defend very base sentiments. When the government said Okah confessed to being paid $100 million to carry out the blasts, no one reasoned that he's just a criminal that can lie for the right price. But now he,'in his own voice' has come out to clarify issues and everyone thinks he's just blabbing. Or you think a reporter like yvonne ndege would allow herself to be used in cheap propaganda. Try and watch her article on 'Nigeria at 50', maybe then some of you would get your reasoning caps on.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by CareTaker1(m): 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2010
Someone refered to the president as an i.d.i.o.t

Be warned  angry angry angry make constructive criticism and do not insult an elevated personality unlike you or yours angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2010
Beaf:

What exactly makes them credible? During the Yar Adua saga, were they not the source of a lot of crap news and analysis?

If someone was to post a quote from a Christian news site, would you see it as credible? No religious news agency is unbiased, and none is credidible.

the same muslim owned agency that reported on boko haram?

stop running from pillar to post and admit what we can all see

[size=38pt]GEJ is a failure and a (bad) liar to boot[/size]

he has failed us all and he cannot be trusted
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Beaf: 4:03pm On Oct 05, 2010
^
I remember basically calling you a fool and you thanking me for it, cos you thought it was a compliment. grin grin grin grin grin grin
. . .So no biggie.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by deols(f): 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2010
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by MShittu: 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2010
Not saying anything but, Okah could be lying, y'know, trying to protect whatever's left of his dignity after being shamed at a South African court
oyb:

the same muslim owned agency that reported on boko haram?

stop running from pillar to post and admit what we can all see

[size=38pt]GEJ is a failure and a (bad) liar to boot[/size]

he has failed us all and he cannot be trusted
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by warrior01: 4:05pm On Oct 05, 2010
something is really fishy here. two days prior to the bombings, Aljazeera claimed they interviewed Mend fighters and now this. The fact is somebody somewhere is using Aljazerra to discredit the Nigerian govt.
Ok lets reason together;

Afegbua admits on Aljazeera that Henry Okah is a former MEND leader, his words not mine. Jonathan states that MEND is not culpable but a small band of terrorists living outside the country and gingered on by unpatriotic elements in the country. Timi Alaibe, Jonathan's adviser on the Niger Delta said as much too. That MEND had nothing to do with it and that it was Henry Okah through and through.

Now, why would Jonathan reach out to Henry Okah whereas he does not recognize Henry as the leader of MEND? Whereas Alaibe admits that the face of MEND has already thrown in the towel and repented? Afegbua having acknowledged that Henry Okah is a former MEND leader, why would his principal, IBB, affirm that MEND has taken responsibility for that bombing? How does/did he know it was MEND that actually claimed responsibility for it? If Jomo Gbomo is Henry's pen name why recognize Henry from the shadows as the voice of MEND whereas his spokesman acknowledges he was a former MEND leader?

Who is MEND and who speaks for it? Jomo Gbomo? I would think not. Henry Okah? I would equally think not. There are no contradictions to the things Mr President has said. He views Henry Okah as a terrorist and mercenary who does not represent or speak for MEND. Odili should come forth and answer questions as to his funding of militants in the Delta creeks and not continue to host Aljazeera to fake camp sites that are not and have never been a MEND asset.
u have tried the first two options with no luck, then this will not fail you. This option however may not be free but I can guarantee you that you will get whatever you pay for. You can find address, not for free, from phone numbers by using the search bar provided on reverse lookup sites to get information such as the name and address of the owner of the phone number. To be able to make such searches, you will have to become a member by registering on such sites. This usually comes with a token fee which is not more than $20 in most cases. However, this payment affords you access to unlimited searches without restrictions while your membership lasts.
Always use only reputable reverse lookup sites. Before you use a site, you can do a good search on the name of the reverse lookup site to see if it is a scam or not. This will prevent you from becoming a victim of fake and scam reverse lookup sites.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Nenum(m): 4:06pm On Oct 05, 2010
If people say Okah has no foot soldier in MEND, then who Authorized the bomb blast in Warri earlier in the year, where it was reported that the president was making a joke of the issue when The minister for ND was narrating his first hand experience at the scene of the blast.

Personality Okah has gotten this one wrong.
For me i am concern for his Family member's.

The other day his elder brother was embarrassing bounced at the immigration point abroad.
Even dou his wife and 3 kids are Amerian citizens and he has a travel history of More than 20years.

He should think of his Family first above any other claim be it money, struggle or personal vendetta
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Ibime(m): 4:07pm On Oct 05, 2010
This fits in with my original prognosis:

(1.) MEND carried out the attack
(2.) Jonathan tried to use the attack for political advantage.

If GEJ has any evidence, we would see it by now, not this one they arrest Dokpesi then release him next day. Meanwhile GEJ is flying the likes of Ateke and Gen Shoot at Sight to Aso Rock to validate them as having a voice in the Niger Delta.

We need to beware the devils among us lest they set us back another 50 years. Vote Ribadu for 2011!
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Beaf: 4:08pm On Oct 05, 2010
warrior01:

something is really fishy here. two days prior to the bombings, Aljazeera claimed they interviewed Mend fighters and now this. The fact is somebody somewhere is using Aljazerra to discredit the Nigerian govt.
Ok lets reason together;

Afegbua admits on Aljazeera that Henry Okah is a former MEND leader, his words not mine. Jonathan states that MEND is not culpable but a small band of terrorists living outside the country and gingered on by unpatriotic elements in the country. Timi Alaibe, Jonathan's adviser on the Niger Delta said as much too. That MEND had nothing to do with it and that it was Henry Okah through and through.

Now, why would Jonathan reach out to Henry Okah whereas he does not recognize Henry as the leader of MEND? Whereas Alaibe admits that the face of MEND has already thrown in the towel and repented? Afegbua having acknowledged that Henry Okah is a former MEND leader, why would his principal, IBB, affirm that MEND has taken responsibility for that bombing? How does/did he know it was MEND that actually claimed responsibility for it? If Jomo Gbomo is Henry's pen name why recognize Henry from the shadows as the voice of MEND whereas his spokesman acknowledges he was a former MEND leader?

Who is MEND and who speaks for it? Jomo Gbomo? I would think not. Henry Okah? I would equally think not. There are no contradictions to the things Mr President has said. He views Henry Okah as a terrorist and mercenary who does not represent or speak for MEND. Odili should come forth and answer questions as to his funding of militants in the Delta creeks and not continue to host Aljazeera to fake camp sites that are not and have never been a MEND asset.
u have tried the first two options with no luck, then this will not fail you. This option however may not be free but I can guarantee you that you will get whatever you pay for. You can find address, not for free, from phone numbers by using the search bar provided on reverse lookup sites to get information such as the name and address of the owner of the phone number. To be able to make such searches, you will have to become a member by registering on such sites. This usually comes with a token fee which is not more than $20 in most cases. However, this payment affords you access to unlimited searches without restrictions while your membership lasts.
Always use only reputable reverse lookup sites. Before you use a site, you can do a good search on the name of the reverse lookup site to see if it is a scam or not. This will prevent you from becoming a victim of fake and scam reverse lookup sites.  

Brilliant stuff! cool
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by sizzlers(m): 4:13pm On Oct 05, 2010
I am comfuse about this whole scenerio  undecided angry angry undecided
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by debosky(m): 4:19pm On Oct 05, 2010
Beaf:

Why don't you find that out first before stolking rumours. You find out the evidence when the court case starts or you read the case files that have been released. If you have seen neither, your question is foolish and just another street corner observation.

Thank you - I'll keep my 'street corner observation' - yours is no different so quit your pathetic attempts to stop others voicing their opinions. Without superior evidence to counter those opinions, you are simply blowing hot air. I have simply shown that the theories are plausible - the evidence will force the final decision.

The difference between me and you, is I don't claim to know what is going on behind walls. [/b]I stick to verifiable stories and don't go about stup!dly claiming that it is possible that SA police, Interpol, US and British intelligence agencies were bribed or somehow induced. How wild can claims get? shocked

Yes you do you two faced git  grin You claim GEJ [b]didn't/wouldn't
contact Okah because he had just been raided by the SA police. Where did you get this information from? Isn't that a claim to know what is going on behind walls?  undecided

That claim can equally be described as  wild and baseless with no traction whatsoever. The reality is, you can't speak from both sides of your mouth and not be caught. ALL theories should be permitted till proven otherwise.

Since you have provided no proof nor superior argument, you can as well take a number on the list of theories.  grin
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by sizzlers(m): 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2010
Uncle J is losing it
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by snakova(m): 4:24pm On Oct 05, 2010
The govt itself confessed to having contacted him through an aide. Now he's trying to explain to you what the contact really was about and you doubt him? GEJ knew for about a week the plan to bomb Abuja but instead of addressing the problem, he sought to use the incident and weaken the IBB campaign team, targeting his southern allies. Thats why he contacted Okah for him to absolve MEND of any wrong doing. But aye, am just saying. GEJ should be charged with complicity to murder.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Ninapha(f): 4:24pm On Oct 05, 2010
@juman

Jonathan MUST RESIGN now. Go Jonatan go! Go Jonatan go!! Go Jonatan go!!! Go Jonatan go!!!! Go Jonatan go!!!!! Go Jonatan go!!!!!!

You really fall my hands.  You mean Jonathan should go for what in particular?  Sentencing the accused before trial.  What are ur facts for wanting him to go.

I tot we would have waited to see the outcome of this interesting fallout to actually prove "what" our leaders really are.  If he goes now, who takes over, name them and give me one good reason why the person should be trusted.

Well Okah is right in his aspersion untill the security agents are out on the big burst or would I say he is free to spill until we have reason to believe him.  This is war of the Titan  I will just cross my finger and watch from afar.  

Poor masses God will help us1
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Gayigaskia(m): 4:29pm On Oct 05, 2010
This is going back to the sender. Edwin Clark watch out, Dokpesi and IBB are innocent.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by fxmaxony(m): 4:30pm On Oct 05, 2010
we should not be talking about credibility of Aljazeera here, this is said to be through telephone interview,

If you think GEJ could lie, If you think SSS report could lie, what makes you think OKAR cannot be Bias and pitch tent with a political group of choice and as well make statements that will mess opponents up.

This statement might be one of such.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Ayowumie(m): 4:30pm On Oct 05, 2010
sizzlers:

I am comfuse about this whole scenerio  undecided angry angry undecided
Dont be confused. Just follow the thread from page one and ask question where appropriate.

Beaf:

You are trying to infiltrate religious sentimentality into a laudable argument. When i am referring to an agency as credible, my basis of judgement is never and can never be on the premise of religious affiliation.

Aljazeera objectively reported on Boko Haram, Where were you then? And you are talking abt analysis on Yar' adua, can you pls refresh my memory on a particular analysis that was a crap?
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by debosky(m): 4:31pm On Oct 05, 2010

Which fact? Did you invent this in your head?  

Ok lets reason together;

This is foolishness - so are you claiming we didn’t know Okah’s MEND connections before Afegbua’s ‘admission’?

How can GEJ say MEND is not involved when MEND (through their usual spokesman) says they are? Is Jonathan now MEND’s spokesman?

Now, why would Jonathan reach out to Henry Okah whereas he does not recognize Henry as the leader of MEND?

Does Okah have to be the ‘leader’ of MEND before he can reach out to them? What kind of weak argument is this?

Whereas Alaibe admits that the face of MEND has already thrown in the towel and repented?

Just who is this ‘face of MEND’? You are inventing terms as you go along for your purposes. The simple and pertinent fact here is that Okah has been involved in MEND - unless GEJ has now ‘admitted’ that he wasn’t. cheesy

Afegbua having acknowledged that Henry Okah is a former MEND leader, why would his principal, IBB, affirm that MEND has taken responsibility for that bombing? How does/did he know it was MEND that actually claimed responsibility for it?

Na wa oh. . . you do go to ridiculous lengths to make irrational claims. Didn’t MEND say they were responsible through the SAME medium they have used for years? On what basis should be NOT accept that it was MEND? Because GEJ said so?

If Jomo Gbomo is Henry's pen name why recognize Henry from the shadows as the voice of MEND whereas his spokesman acknowledges he was a former MEND leader?
More conjecture - as far as we are aware, Jomo is MEND’s spokesman; whether he is Okah or not is secondary in this case. As long as Jomo is MEND’s spokesman, the conclusion (till evidence says contrary) is that MEND carried out the attack. Simple.

Who is MEND and who speaks for it? Jomo Gbomo? I would think not. Henry Okah? I would equally think not.

Good questions - it would do us all a world of good to know.

There are no contradictions to the things Mr President has said.

There are contradictions - he say’s MEND weren’t behind the attacks but were used as a ‘straw’. grin Which one be straw in this matter again?

He views Henry Okah as a terrorist and mercenary who does not represent or speak for MEND.

That is a view - unless backed up with substance, remains just that, even if his name is GEJ.  grin
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by SegzyJoe(m): 4:34pm On Oct 05, 2010
@POST
SO OKAH IS NOW A CREDIBLE SOURCE? A COMMON CRIMINAL ARRESTED FOR BOMBING WHO KNOW HOW TO PLAY ON THE POLITICAL AND GEO_POLITICAL SENTIMENTS OF NIGERIAN POLITICS HAS SUDDENLY BECOME A CREDIBLE SOURCE THAT WE MUST BELIEVE. IF I WERE TO BE IN HENRY OKAH'S SHOE NOW, KNOWING FULLY WELL THAT UNLIKE NIGERIAN LAW THAT CAN BE EASILY MANIPULATED, SOUTH AFRICAN LAWS MAY BE DIFFICULT FOR HIM TO MANIPULATE, WHAT ELSE DO I DO THAN TO DESTROY THE CREDIBILITY MY ARRESTER IN THE EYES OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN PUBLIC.

HE SAID NIGERIA DETAINED HIM FOR MONTHS WITHOUT EVIDENCE, THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DON'T ALLOW THE LAW TO TAKE ITS COURSE. HENRY OKAH THAT WAS ARRESTED BY THE ANGOLAN GOVERNMENT IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING ARMS WORTH $300M. HE WAS NOT EVEN ARRESTED BECOS HE WAS A NIGERIAN BUT because OF THE MAGNITUDE OF THE ARMS DEAL THINKING IT WAS ONE OF THE ANGOLAN REBLE WHO WANT TO DISTABILIZE THEIR GOVT.

THIS IS SO SO FUNNY,  THE OTHER SIDE OF THE AMNESTY PROGRAM.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Beaf: 4:38pm On Oct 05, 2010
debosky:

Thank you - I'll keep my 'street corner observation'. . .

I'm glad you realise the above. Lesson? Stop getting lines of argument from iya akara, then you wouldn't look so stup!d in public as to make daft admissions of guilt like the above.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by juman(m): 4:39pm On Oct 05, 2010
SSS cannot shut down the voice of the masses.That will be the final blow if such intimidation is attempted.
Exactly.
[b]GEJ is a failure and a (bad) liar to boot [/b]
he has failed us all and he cannot be trusted.
Seconded.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by Biggoozz: 4:39pm On Oct 05, 2010
Guys, as much as I do not take sides with Jonathan's camp I still suspect a drama here from the man we call Maradona

READING BETWEEN LINES, IBB HAD PLANNED THESE WHOLE SCENARIO FROM THE BEGINNING AND PEOPLE ARE FAST FALLING TO THE BAIT!!

Anyway I'm waiting for an irrefutable evidence on Dokpesi n co from GEJ'c camp or irrefutable evidence on GEJ's call from IBB's camp. I will never go to war for selfish people and criminals, God will help me to find a way to evacuate my family from this country before any problem starts.
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by abenelo: 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2010
RIBADU IS THE ANSWER!

GEJ, IBB, ATIKU INFACT BIRDS OF THESAME FEATHER!

RIBADU IS THE ANSWER!![/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! by debosky(m): 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2010
Beaf:

I'm glad you realise the above. Lesson? Stop getting lines of argument from iya akara, then you wouldn't look so stup!d in public as to make daft admissions of guilt like the above.

Hehehe. . . .there is nothing 'stupid' in admitting that I hold an opinion. What is stupid is when you attempt to pass on your opinion as fact simply because you think you can make more noise.  grin

As usual, you fail to address the issue - did you not make a baseless (i.e without evidence) claim that GEJ/agents didn't contact Okah? A simple yes or no would suffice.

If the answer is yes, you are a two faced buffoon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Peter Obi At Nne Okonkwo's Burial In Anambra State (Photos) / Obasanjo: I Wish My Parents Didn’t Die Early / Anti-Buhari Comment: Pastor Bakare Is Becoming A Nuisance By Tunde Odesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.