Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (79432 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by toyibanj(m): 8:19am On May 29, 2007
Ayalla, enolase and others

I'm an investor based out of Nigeria with mandatory 5 mil. Trying to decide between IBTC stockbrokers, Zenithsecurites, Cashcraft and Intercontinental securities. Does anyone have any strong recommendations? The stock broker must have a very strong customer service and online presence. Please e- mail me with your thoughts tbanjoko@hotmail.com.
thanks.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Miketomi: 10:03am On May 29, 2007
Can anyone pls help with reputable stockbrokers with offices in Warri, Delta State.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by spicie: 12:30pm On May 29, 2007
My shares were bought through monument securities and finance, i have a cscs no registerd then i didnt know how important it is. Last month i requested them to sell the shares and give my money back since i dnt get any info of ma shares i dnt mind gettn ma capital back without profit,its safer for me. I was told the shares were been sold but am yet to get my full capital back talkless of profit,i got 203k while ma capital was 350k they said they r still processing. Does it take this long to pay one his money?
Am not in Nigeria therefore i cnt follow up, Do i have to register for CSCS again when buying other shares? or can i still use the first one? If any of you can assist me i can give you the name i used when buying the shares then u help me search for the no and see how the shares were sold. TNX
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by spicie: 10:10pm On May 29, 2007
Hello, what is the process of getting a new CSCS no?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 8:11pm On May 30, 2007
Quote from enolase
Unfortunately, unless you are a Jimoh Ibrahim or Femi Otedola, you cannot get a bank loan to buy First Bank shares. I will not even advise it.

Rather, approach others who will be willing to help you; relations or friends.

Better still, you need to develop an income stream that will give you ready money to buy shares with. Cheers.

That is so so wrong. Most banks have share acquisition loans. At least I know WEMA, Oceanic, Zenith, Afribank and First Bank do. ( Forget about getting from First Bank for their PO, they cant give you loan to buy their own shares. Its forbidden by CBN regulations)
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by bignero: 7:23pm On May 31, 2007
hello frank this is ihope you got my mail (introductory letter), i thought i would have gotten a reply now.thank
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by gbengaijot(m): 8:01pm On May 31, 2007
@spice, you do not need to open another CSCS account. COncerning your funds that remained with your stockbroker, i am quite wary of that as they are meant to return them back to you.

What kinda stockbroking firm will hold your money. they can only do, if they've not sold your shares. As soon as they do, they normally should give you a cheque or do a direct transfer.

However, i will advise you speak to someone at the firm, try to clarify what the issue is, if no hope is forthcomin, then i'll advise you threaten them with sueing,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by feelgood(m): 10:41pm On May 31, 2007
Dear aylala and the gurus in the house, I need ur advise pls.
I bought wapco at 69naira and flour mills at 73, but these 2 stocks have for sometime been hovering between 64-71and 73-81 respectively. Do you think these stocks will move higher or do I sell and buy other high performers?when do you advise I sell? I would like to rein in my investments in 3months time
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 11:18pm On May 31, 2007
@ Feelgood,
At the very least, you must hold Flour Mills until the full year results are released (due any day now). Flour Mills has a long history of delivering good 4Q results. This will boost the EPS and hopefully spark a rally in the share price. I suggest waiting a couple of months to see if it can push N100. + it has great long-term potential with the diversification into Cement production .

I don't see rapid growth for WAPCO, full year 06 and 1Q 07 have been released and neither was impressive enough to spark a run. In 3 months (your stated time-frame), the 6 mo result should also be out. It won't be good enough to spark a run. You might try to get some AP, Wema Bank, Oceanic or Oando. Those are stocks I think have good growth potential in the short term. Good luck trying to buy the banks!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Egavlas(m): 11:56pm On May 31, 2007
easimoni:

@ Feelgood,
At the very least, you must hold Flour Mills until the full year results are released (due any day now). Flour Mills has a long history of delivering good 4Q results. This will boost the EPS and hopefully spark a rally in the share price. I suggest waiting a couple of months to see if it can push N100. + it has great long-term potential with the diversification into Cement production .

I don't see rapid growth for WAPCO, full year 06 and 1Q 07 have been released and neither was impressive enough to spark a run. In 3 months (your stated time-frame), the 6 mo result should also be out. It won't be good enough to spark a run. You might try to get some AP, Wema Bank, Oceanic or Oando. Those are stocks I think have good growth potential in the short term. Good luck trying to buy the banks!

Why wema bank?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 12:02am On Jun 01, 2007
@ Salvage,
I posted earlier this week regarding stocks I own. more than 50% of my portfolio is in wema. please look at my post history (dated May 29, 2007, 09:14 AM) for the reason why I see Wema as a N12 stock in under 2 months.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by lailai2(m): 1:45am On Jun 01, 2007
tanks a lot easimoni
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by toyibanj(m): 3:50am On Jun 01, 2007
MR EASIMONI
I have some specific questions on your opinion on Access Bank, why you don't think the PO is good. You seem to have a wealth of expertise i can certainly tap into. Please contact me on tbanjoko@hotmail.com if you don't mind . Cheers
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 6:44am On Jun 01, 2007
big nero:

hello frank this is tony ihope you got my mail (introductory letter), i thought i would have gotten a reply now.thank
I have not received any mail. The correct email address to use is frankiriri@yahoo.com
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by crazyT(m): 10:02am On Jun 01, 2007
@ EASIMONI and FRANK

Hi guys, I will like to have your takes on this stocks. Afprint I bought it when it was 0.88kobo and as of today it's #3.60 and Afroil was bought for 0.44 kobo and as of today it's #8.35. My question now is do I sell or hold these stock? I'll surely appreciate a very honest and good advise.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by akanze: 10:21am On Jun 01, 2007
Hello,

Stock trading, no doubt is one of the easiet way of making money.

SuccessDigestExtra is the best place to go for insider tips of profitable stocks trading. I recommend them alot.

In their current edition,there is lot of info on penny stock trading.

If you are interested in penny stocks trading, pick up one for yourself and read.

NOTE: I am not paid for endorsing, but I found their information for useful and eye opening. Get one today!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by endychux: 11:11am On Jun 01, 2007
@aylala2002
pls can i have ur phone number.
u can reach me on endychux@yahoo.com or 08058988290
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by feelgood(m): 12:05pm On Jun 01, 2007
Many thanks easimoni; sure appreciate it ol pal, I suppose you endorse my disposing of my wapco now even at a loss, so I can get the suggested stocks?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Allcorrect(m): 2:46pm On Jun 01, 2007
Was wondering if someone could throw more light on C and I leasing. Got the PO last year at 1.15 and now its like 4.00.

Maybe some insider info could do on holding, buy or selling options.

Thx house
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by nazzyon(m): 8:01am On Jun 02, 2007
How far will WEMA go in 4 months time?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by FRANSISNWA(m): 10:40am On Jun 02, 2007
Thank you for your email.

To the best of our knowledge IGI is to be listed within the next 2months.
IGI is in the process of having a quotation meeting with the Nigerian
Stock Exchange. This is usually the last step before a company is listed.

The prospects for capital appreciation are great, companies with similar
EPS in the insurance sector are all trading above N5. It is safe to say
that the price of IGI, if listed by August will be above N5 by the end of
the year.

Yours Faithfully,
APT Securities and FUnds LImited.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by egoldman(m): 11:54am On Jun 02, 2007
Allcorrect:

Was wondering if someone could throw more light on C and I leasing. Got the PO last year at 1.15 and now its like 4.00.

Maybe some insider info could do on holding, buy or selling options.

Thx house

If you have need for the money for some immediate needs, then you may sell , if not then leave it for now as there good chancve that the stock will hit above 5 naira b4 the end of this month .
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 3:45pm On Jun 02, 2007
feelgood:

Many thanks easimoni; sure appreciate it ol pal, I suppose you endorse my disposing of my wapco now even at a loss, so I can get the suggested stocks?

I think that is the right decision. Keep your eye on intercontinental bank in addition to the other stocks I recommend.

nazzyon:

How far will WEMA go in 4 months time?

Based on Wema's yet-to-be-released full-year 2006 results, they should have an EPS of 50+ kobo and a fundamental value of N11+ (based on a PE of 22). If they decide to do a PO, they will also bid up the price to N15. If they declare a bonus or good dividend, N15 is also a good bet.

The downside if if they fail to declare a good dividend or bonus. In which case, it could max out at N10
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by olat(m): 4:42pm On Jun 02, 2007
@FRANSISNWA

So u work 4 APT Securities. I am planning to open account with you guyz. I got good news about ur firm. I'm an aggresive trader, hope u can contain me?

@all

Please, did anybody knows which house is holding CAPITAL OIL? If u have any info pls, send it to me on yunus.olatundun@gmail.com.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 5:51pm On Jun 02, 2007
crazyT:

@ EASIMONI and FRANK

Hi guys, I will like to have your takes on this stocks. Afprint I bought it when it was 0.88kobo and as of today it's #3.60 and Afroil was bought for 0.44 kobo and as of today it's #8.35. My question now is do I sell or hold these stock? I'll surely appreciate a very honest and good advise.

I don't know much about either stock. I typically focus on banks, cement and maybe ten other stocks. But if you have reasons to believe these stocks can still do well, then hang on. My view is that you've "ridden the bull" on these stocks and it's time to look for other winners. that said, when you pick your next stock, pls let us know. It seems you have the midas touch. shocked
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 10:45pm On Jun 02, 2007
I have not been following either company. But this much I can say I would not go near Afroil after the news that that they relocated their head office without leaving a forwarding address or informing the NSE. Stock prices rise or fall based on information and if the management of the company does not keep the public informed about such sensitive info I dont want to be invested there.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by spicie: 3:06am On Jun 03, 2007
Hello, Tnx for ur concern all. At last i got ma CSCS no grin but i dnt knw if its genuine or not, how do i verify am not in Nigeria.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shigidi(m): 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2007
@ aylala2002
whats up. do you have any advice on hot stocks for the coming few months. pls holla
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shey(m): 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2007
TO ALL IN D HOUSE[flash=200,200][/flash]
PLEASE HELP NEEDED ON TIME

for all the gurus and the profs in the house i fly my cap for all of u
please presently am not in nigeria but i am amazed with your level of intelect and i have just been introduced into nigeria stock market by a friend and after reading from u guy am impressed.

so please i have abut 1 million naira to invest and i dont know how to go about this my DAD is in nigeria so he can do all for me so far i know where to start from.i know my capital is small compare to what u alllare having but i think is fair enough for me to start this way.

pls what i want is for any body to tell me what share u think i can buy and how many units i should buy for a start

i wil so much appreciate this and if all go well i may be able to get a lone of about £7500 from my bank wit d hope of being able to refund it in 3 yrs of about £9k +

urs in waithing
cheers
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 11:55pm On Jun 03, 2007
shey:

please what i want is for any body to tell me what share u think i can buy and how many units i should buy for a start

I think you should start with two shares. Go for one of each and try a 50/50 split.

1) Go for a safe, stable company with solid returns almost guaranteed. Try GTBank, Oceanic, Diamond bank or Guinness.
2) Buy a stock with high upside (and therefore more risk). try Wema Bank, Africa Petroleum, Skye Bank or Oando.

then get plugged into all the websites and stay tuned. Most importantly, educate yourself on the use of ratios and indicators so that you can do your own analysis.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by shey(m): 10:33am On Jun 04, 2007
@easimoni
thanks for ur reply its highly appreciated but are u saying i should invest 500k in each way? and that i shoud choose any of the companies .

pls mate can u be explicite and just say d name of one coy in both ways and how much i shoud invest and what about if there is no public placement ant the moment for the company i probably need a stoke broker?

thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by feelgood(m): 12:32pm On Jun 04, 2007
To the gurus in the house, I bought BCC at a high 59naira; It seems to be taking ages to move, any advise pls? Easimoni and the profs, are u there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories) / "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.