Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,452 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! (4360 Views)

Niger Deltans Are Cowards We Know What To Do To Them - Nnamdi Kanu / Do Not Handover To Buhari Or Else...niger Deltans Threaten GEJ / GEJ Should Apologise To Ijaws And Niger Deltans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by asoderock(m): 6:24am On Oct 07, 2010
revomind:

The 'ideal southerner' in me wants Ribadu. The realist in me wants Goodluck. Its simple; The time is now for us in the south. The desperation of these northern elements can not be seperated from the fact that they know that if Goodluck wins, it spells the end of the north's dominance. This may sound crude but it is the likes of Ciroma and Yakassai that really protecting the north's interest. If I were northern and not related or affiliated to V.P Sambo, I no go happy. Me sef go dey shout zoning. There's hardly anyone you can think of in the north that commands the type of respect and followership the likes of IBB, Atiku and Buhari enjoy. None. The remaining are just political jobbers, the equivalent of the current southern crop. However, the table's about to turn now. The country would definitely be better off with southerners in charge. Southerners will encourage merit better and thats why some northerners would be fine with the situation.

By the time Jonathan completes his 8 year tenure, IBB suppose don die or atleast too old, Atiku frankly is a spent force and Buhari has only goodwill from the northern masses. You should understand their pain, but shouldn't lose focus. We all want a better Nigeria, Goodluck is not necessarily the best we can offer, we stick together nonetheless so as to put the reactionary elements in the north in their true place. C'est fini.

The realist in me wants Goodluck to be there as President not only till 2015 but till 2019 except he can guarantee he would transfer power to another southerner preferably from the east. Walahi. From there, we can finally throw zoning where its supposed to be; the bin.

No beef with the north. Schooled there and all. In fact, I dey catch my trips for Kaduna and Kano{even with their sharia} well well. My fiancee is from the north too and i know some live niccas up there. What the candidacy of Goodluck offers us is the assurance that in a few years, there would be a level playing ground for us all whether southern or northern. Everybody should be happy about this; even northerners. If you're northern and you're not then it must be that you're among those dragging the north and the country back generally. If you're southern and you're not, then it must be that your I.T.K is preventing you from seeing the larger picture and you are among those that unconsciously aid and abet those determined to keep our country on its knees.
Good post!
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by farous(m): 9:52am On Oct 07, 2010
Truly,its very bad that Jonathan is not having full support from his home base,Niger Delta.The people that have been crying for years to test the presidential seat.A region that geneartes more than percentage of Nigerian economy.Thats why Nigeria politics is all about interest.Look at Odili,Ibori and others being against their own brother.May be they are jealous how Jonathan of yesterday can be the Nigerian President,forgetting that its a Divine mandate.How can these men stick to the North?.Its unbelievable.But,believe it or not,its NIGER DELTA now or Never in the history of this country.Miss this opportunity and miss it for ever!!
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by otokx(m): 9:59am On Oct 07, 2010
The majority of the Niger Deltans support GEJ but it seems some of the governors and the political class are having some issues will are being sorted out.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by manugbo(m): 10:43am On Oct 07, 2010
real shame to NIGER DELTA PEOPLE!.

A nothern man can never try that rubbish Okah did.

SHAME TO NIGER DELTA PEOPLE tongue
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by manugbo(m): 10:59am On Oct 07, 2010
THIS SHOWS THAT NIGER DELTANS HAVE A VERY BIG PROBLEM cry.

I BET U , IF U MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY,ITS GONE FOREVER!
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 07, 2010
This post doesn't click, for GEJ to have opponents even from the south south is the beauty of democracy, when OBJ was contesting in 1999, his kith and kin in the west voted massively for AD and olu falae, UMYA had people like Rimi and the rest challenge him, everyone in the ND mustn't have the same ideology or be in the same camp with Jonathan, come on folks, were there not black and prominent republicans who voted against Obama, the republicans even have more prominent black folks than the democrats, didn't we just see David go head to head with Ed for the leadership of the Labour Party in the UK, there are some in the ND who don't believe in the Jonathan presidency and that is normal, I am a from the ND doesn't mean I should support Jonathan if because he is from the ND then that should be my basis for supporting him, then I think I got no ideology nor beliefs
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by monkeyleg: 11:21am On Oct 07, 2010
@Ibime

Silly commentary by Paddylo,

First of all on "if Ijaw blow their chance", Okah is not Ijaw.

Secondly, Niger Delta hopes do not lie in Presidency, but in federalism and land rights, issues that Jonathan completely failed to even articulate so far. I may be in minority in Niger Delta by not being a fan of GEJ, but trust that if his previous record is anything to go by, I would rather not have such a man represent my region on National stage. PDP has nothing good to offer Nigerians, much less Niger Delta.

When next I am in PH I will buy your a beer. You captured my thoughts splendidly. You are not alone in your thinking. I am from ND, and I am not convinced that GEJ is the best we can muster. The man has shown total lack of understanding and leadership. For me it is not a case of just picking anyone, because some think it is our turn, no, For me it represents picking the right candidate for Nigeria as a whole even if that candidate is no from ND. The sooner we as Nigerians start thinking in that way the better for the country

I think the problem here is that people are being lazy about choice, they should shop around, this idea that anyone who wins pdp primaries is going to end up being president, must be out on the back burner, we must learn to choose and choose right. Have a proper contest I say, What is wrong with other potentially good candidates, Dont we have Pat Utomi in the frame? what about Donald Duke, and these 2 guys not from ND, can we honestly say that GEJ is better than they are? Even Ribadu must be considered.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by oluite(f): 11:43am On Oct 07, 2010
quote from oyb
this is why i said obj fked the nd over when he picked gej as umya's vp

there were several more charismatic people he could have picked

donald duke comes to mind - even liyel imoke, though i personally have issues with that mans handling of phcn

matters are made far worse with gej's village chief wife

for me, gej is the one shooting himself in the foot. his kinsmen in the nd are also not helping matters

this is the real reason why the north has been in power for as long as it has. unlike all the other tribes, northerners do not bleep each other over - though this may be open to dispute- but you gt the idea

^

U got dat rite oyb!
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by Vavavoom(m): 11:45am On Oct 07, 2010
[b] Re: We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D.
« #68 on: Today at 10:31:00 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is troubling times indeed. What people will do to fulfill a prohphecy, remember Campbell's warning, John Campbell? And people who are supposed to be intellectuals(Odein Ajumogobia and co) took his assertions with a pinch of salt. The US have got a dossier of all electronic and voice recordings exchanging back and forth between all the players involved in this charade. And so when they proactively but subtly warn we fail to heed and dismiss it with a wave of hand.
We are at a precipice and even some contributors here can't see the danger of self-annilhilation that brews right before their eyes. Chinua Achebe was right, he said, '' things are falling apart the centre cannot hold'', it is a prophecy that is coming to pass, the regions of Nigeria constitute young Ikemefunna, weak but loved by his tribes men. Okowkwo is being played out by a power loving elite, people who have used tribe & religion to cow their lot into submission. Add a gun runner, whose daily meat and mode of survival has been taking away by a supposed amnesty and you have a cocktail of gunpowder waiting to explode. All the actors with their interest to protect, not bothered if Nigeria survives another harmattan or not, it is indeed troubling times as we have half truths, sometimes outright lies being bandied for our consummtion. I don't have all the answers so I can like many theorize but I choose not to because in my eyes all of the actors contribute to why our house has fallen [/b]
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by anonimi: 11:52am On Oct 07, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by estinjohn(m): 11:59am On Oct 07, 2010
@Youngichou:Who is the right candidate from your region?

As some others contributors have rightly said. GEJ may be your last chance to produce President of this country.
No perfect candidate anywhere in the world.
Even if Barack Obama-like is the president of Nigeria, people will still complain.
Nigerians what exactly do you need?
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by juman(m): 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2010
NIGER DELTANS are with President Jonathan. But few of them like Odili, Raymond Dokpesi and few others are against him. But bear in mind that he needs the support of 24 out of 36 states to win presidential election.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by NAJALYN: 5:19pm On Oct 07, 2010
One man's meat is another man's poison. Much as it is not possible for all ND's to like GEJ, why cant they cooperate like the Northerners? ND is a miniature Nigeria like one of the Post's righly said. You have the run down of the make-up already. Its a case of he is not Urhobo, he is not Itsekiri. But that is all wrong. GEJ is not tribalistic, according to his Vice. That is a trait most Nigerians lack. Tribal Politics has plunged this Country into so many problems, yet no lessons have been learnt. God has placed GEJ there as President & he will come back as President. Then those who refused to support him will bury their heads in shame. Of cause some who are shameless will still come to seek favours. There are so many boot lickers & they have no shame. May God deliver them in Jesus Name' Amen. NAJALYN
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by dasa: 9:02pm On Oct 07, 2010
what do you mean by rally round GEJ. How else do you want people to rally round. Its not time to vote yet. most people here are ignorant of what is really going on. Should people protest on the streets first before you know they are with him? All those yabbing him and calling him slugish. Know this. The fast politicians u know where all there and he became president. What does that tell u. His strenght lies in the fact that he is able to make people under estimate him. Then suprises them.
In summary.
What the niger delta needs is not a president, but true fiscal federalism. Let oil from my village not feed someone in sokoto, instead let the sokoto man feed himself.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by monkeyleg: 9:12pm On Oct 07, 2010
The post should really read "This is your chance Nigerians". Good governace should affect the lives of all Nigerians, this is an opportunity for nigerians to choose right the the choice doesnt have to be GEJ.

Whats wrong with Pat Utomi, Donald Duke (both Niger Dletans), Ribadu, Soyinka, Buhari. IBB is a deadender and can safely be discarded.

Lets not put all our eggs in one basket. GEJ is not better than the candidates above
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by pannyman(m): 10:07pm On Oct 07, 2010
There is no democracy in Nigeria. If there were people would not be assuming already that the next president of Nigeria is going to be produced by PDP.

The other parties are so weak that nobody cares who they field to contest the presidency. If the other parties were perceived to be capable of defeating the behemoth called the PDP the

issue of Jonathan's candidacy would not be a big issue. Nigerian politics has always been one of personalities rather than issues.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by londoner: 10:48pm On Oct 08, 2010
Its funny how the prospect of power changes people (even if its through a distant minuscule association such as tribe or region).

Isnt it funny how people who a few years ago would have been shouting for justice and TRUE democracy in Nigeria, now simply want their "turn " and have turned into exactly what they claim to hate.

The strongest indication for me that Jonathan CAN NOT move Nigeria forward is his AUTOMATIC reaction to the Abuja bomb. When he sought to stand with "his people", the rest of us were not on his mind until today when he engaged in damage limitation. If only the ND are "his people" then how in the hell does he see the rest of us?

For all his faults I cant imaging Yaradua ever uttering such.

How DARE GEJ invite former MILITANTS who HAVE at some point been behind or associated with the bombings and killings affecting Nigerians, into the ASO ROCK which he inhabits for the sake of ALL Nigerians?

Some people here are simply showing they are the same as some Northerners they lambast for thinking  they have some divine right to share power WITHOUT minding the vote of every Nigerian at all.

Niger Deltans and Southerners are you simply going to be the next ones to bully the rest of Nigeria for the next few years? Some of you here CLEARLY think the majority vote is simply irrelevant and that is scary, a few short months ago you were probably singing a different tune.
Re: Niger Deltans: This Is Your Chance! by joshelen(m): 5:07pm On Oct 11, 2010
Am begining to think that havin a niger deltan as a president is disastrous cos their interest is not about the good of their zone but of their personal pocket. They dont seem to have any good thing to offer the nation, they only want a chance to enrich their pocket that is why dokpesi,okah and others are working against the only good oppurtunity the NDs have ever had since Nigeria became a nation. May God himself does not want them there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan, Dangote, Kumuyi Make FP List Of 500 Most Powerful People On The Planet / Enugu Govt. awards fresh contracts of over N1.4bn for devt. projects / Ahmed Bashir Threatening Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.