Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,235 members, 7,839,235 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian (5493 Views)

Senate Clerk, Adedotun Durojaiye, Is Dead / BREAKING: Clerk Of Nigerian Senate, Adedotun Durojaiye Is Dead / Ojo: An Exemplary Honest Traffic Warden In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by tundejayz: 10:38am On Oct 08, 2010
finally
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 08, 2010
This guy attends my church and on saturday, the General Overseer on behalf of the church gave him some amount of money which was not disclosed, a processed visa and travel expenses, a tear rubber car and an award of excellence.

what is a tear rubber car

some of you are sooo daft it never ceases to amaze me
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 08, 2010
MrPrsdent:

Is this one ok ? What's wrong in what the guy said ? Fyi,pidgin English now has official recognition in Nigeria.so go siddon for salanga if you like,na u sabi.
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Is this one ok ? What's wrong in what the guy said ? Fyi,pidgin English now has official recognition in Nigeria.so go siddon for salanga if you like,na u sabi.

so tear rubber is pidgin english shocked

oya,pretend you are replying to a non-nigerian and explain
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 08, 2010
MrPrsdent:

so[b] tear rubber is pidgin english[/b] shocked

oya,pretend you are replying to a non-nigerian and explain
Yes anyways you should have simply admitted that you are hearing it for the first time.learn more below:
Tear rubber - brand new
oshara - brand new
tokunbo - imported but used
second hand - used
belgium - imported but also used
If you don't or never heard of these words,then you are not a nigerian.no offence
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 08, 2010
MrPrsdent:

U r a mumu of the highest order!!!!
Let me give u another one: The guy was given
- a cha cha car
- tear nylon
Since Bluetooth has given the remaining.
Olodo like u.Instead of u to learn something u r busy opening ur dirty mouth to condemn.
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by bawomolo(m): 3:16pm On Oct 08, 2010
why do you guys love to resort to insults?

some of you guys must have had terrible awful upbringings.
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Ibomade1: 4:03pm On Oct 08, 2010
With all the corruption in the society, I am glad we can still find some1 like him in Nigeria. Hope he goes on to achieve greatness in his life else the experience may hunt him 4 life.
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by spikedcylinder: 4:35pm On Oct 08, 2010
Lol @ tear rubber car causing wahala. grin grin grin
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 08, 2010
MrPrsdent:

a tear rubber car is a broken condom car. if you try to 'get down' in it your condom tears

officially sanctioned by the catholic church
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by hackney(m): 5:33pm On Oct 08, 2010
bawomolo:

EXACTLY.

tear rubber.
kpocha-kpocha.
grin
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Basseti: 5:36pm On Oct 08, 2010
hackney:

EXACTLY.

tear rubber.
kpocha-kpocha.
grin

LOL!!!

So this hackney fellow is a Nigerian?? shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided

The way he goes about calling us monkeys makes me think otherwise grin
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by hackney(m): 5:36pm On Oct 08, 2010
Onye m we dey this side.
grin

monkeys
cool
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 08, 2010
bawomolo:

if you have a good upbringing, you would have directed your comment to mrprsdent who started it all.
MrPrsdent:

He made the comment even when he was wrong and you are here talking trash.
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by chosen04(f): 6:45pm On Oct 08, 2010
hackney:

^^^^^.
The man withdrew the 20k to make sure he was not dreaming and not to spend it
grin grin grin grin

Would the guy be dreaming if he had walked into the bank and reported the error?

~Bluetooth:

I hope chosen04 have seen why the guy withdrew the money cuz if he had really wanted to steal it,he would have started from the maximum daily withdrawal of #100 000 from the moment he noticed the money in his account.

The last time I checked, the meaning of Stealing as not changed. . . . . .It still remains, Taking what does not belong to you without permission excluding the intention(S)

The dude knew at the average of 100k per day, he cannot steal more than 500% before he was arrested, thus he contemplately returned the already stolen withdrawn money and went to the media to seek cheap attention as usual . . . . . .

Seriously, I cant be fooled by all these 'after thought' honesty . . . . . . . .Have you seen/heard captured thieves tell the reason(S) beyond the intentions stories?
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 08, 2010
chosen04:

Would the guy be dreaming if he had walked into the bank and reported the error?

The last time I checked, the meaning of Stealing as not changed. . . . . .It still remains, Taking what does not belong to you without permission excluding the intention(S)

The dude knew at the average of 100k per day, he cannot steal more than 500% before he was arrested, thus he contemplately returned the already stolen withdrawn money and went to the media to seek cheap attention as usual . . . . . .

Seriously, I cant be fooled by all these 'after thought' honesty . . . . . . . .Have you seen/heard captured thieves tell the reason(S) beyond the intentions stories?
Can you please tell the name of that spirit of contemplation that made the guy changed his mind in less than 24 hours ? He withdrew a mere 20k,went home,slept and the other day went to report to the bank !.So tell me the kind of stuff that changed his thinking overnight considering the amount of money we are talking about .
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by chosen04(f): 7:17pm On Oct 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Can you please tell the name of that spirit of contemplation that made the guy changed his mind in less than 24 hours ? He withdrew a mere 20k,went home,slept and the other day went to report to the bank !.So tell me the kind of stuff that changed his thinking overnight considering the amount of money we are talking about .

Did you read the 1st Part of his story? The part where the media houses reported to he saw and ''Returned'' N9.3 Billion? (Pls you can google it)

The dude admitted in his interview that he went home and contemplated withis family on his next action(S). He even had to seek the advice of his school fellowship members, since he was the leader.

The issue happened on Friday afternoon and the dude only returned then morning Monday afternoon (more than 48 hrs . . . . . .enough time for Up and Down contemptation, if u ask me!) . . . . . . . .

I still cant fathom how the media houses claimed the dude ''RETURNED THE MONEY THAT WAS NOT EVEN IN HIS POSSESSION?'' someone must be seeking cheap publicity . . . . . . .
''
DISCOVERED MONEY WHILE NEVER MEAN SAME THING AS RETURNED MONEY''
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by bawomolo(m): 7:36pm On Oct 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

if you have a good upbringing, you would have directed your comment to mrprsdent who started it all.He made the comment even when he was wrong and you are here talking trash.

trash about what. grown adults arguing over tear rubber shocked
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2010
chosen04:

Did you read the 1st Part of his story? The part where the media houses reported to he saw and ''Returned'' N9.3 Billion? (Pls you can google it)

The dude admitted in his interview that he went home and contemplated withis family on his next action(S). He even had to seek the advice of his school fellowship members, since he was the leader.

The issue happened on Friday afternoon and the dude only returned then morning Monday afternoon (more than 48 hrs . . . . . .enough time for Up and Down contemptation, if u ask me!) . . . . . . . .

I still cant fathom how the media houses claimed the dude ''RETURNED THE MONEY THAT WAS NOT EVEN IN HIS POSSESSION?'' someone must be seeking cheap publicity . . . . . . .
''
DISCOVERED MONEY WHILE NEVER MEAN SAME THING AS RETURNED MONEY''

If he had such courage to fight such a big temptation,don't you think he's worth to be commend ? He also has a choice of not telling anybody and enjoy the money while it last.
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by DelePhd: 1:05am On Oct 09, 2010
Durojaiye demostrated a very high level of integrity, which is not easy to come by. For that really deserve commendations. I respect you Durojaiye!
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 09, 2010
undecided
Am I the only one who thinks this isn't as laudable as it appears? Am I the only one who thinks NO ONE would have gotten away with these billions if he/she had kept quiet? Am I the only one who thinks EVERY ONE would have returned the money, less they have the searchlight on them? Am I the only one who thinks even if this "so-called" good guy had kept quiet, he might not have gained more than a few thousands before the money is retransfered, and so didn't exactly have billions at his disposal?
Am I INDEED the only one who thinks this guy isn't as honest and unassuming and pleasant as he is made to appear? for christ's sake, he is beaming with smiles and accepting all these "goodies" direct at him (might have in fact accept compliments of "looters"wink and is pleased to be in the news////are these the characteristics of truly honest men?
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by bashydemy(m): 11:16am On Oct 09, 2010
~Bluetooth:

If he had such courage to fight such a big temptation,don't you think he's worth to be commend ? He also has a choice of not telling anybody and enjoy the money while it last.
and he would have been serving the jail of the highest order while it last
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by favouredjb(f): 11:58am On Oct 09, 2010
He's an honest man,period!
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by blackweaver(m): 2:15pm On Oct 09, 2010
@sauer
most people i talked to said they would have moved the money to another account
(i guess they weren't thinking too much) i agree that there's no way hey could have gotten away with it
we all know any transaction over 1 million is for individuals is reported to CBN
now imagine the guy decided to be withdrawing 1 million regularly; that's > 9000 withdrawals,
at 1 million a day it would take about 25 years!!! Now tell me how someone wants to get away with that
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 09, 2010
blackweaver:

@sauer
most people i talked to said they would have moved the money to another account
(i guess they weren't thinking too much) i agree that there's no way hey could have gotten away with it
we all know any transaction over 1 million is for individuals is reported to CBN
now imagine the guy decided to be withdrawing 1 million regularly; that's > 9000 withdrawals,
at 1 million a day it would take about 25 years!!! Now tell me how someone wants to get away with that
good observation. except if you consider just working days, then it'll be about 35 years of daily withdrawal of 1 million naira. I'm pretty sure the security guy will catch him even before EFCC. Come on! THE GUY WITHDREW N20,000!. . . . and later returned it. I wonder how people factor this in I'm in doubt if people actually deserve rewards for such isolated actions they never had complete authority to decide where it goes!
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2010
lol@ tear rubber  grin

the fact i was getting across is that grown adults use that word to refer to brand new cars,even when speaking english as opposed to pidgin, just the same way they refer to any SUV as jeep.

its wrong,shameful

Last month,i was in Nigeria with a non-nigerian friend of mine and during a converstaion somebody said this to us:

'That girl is enjoying life so much.Her dad bought a tear rubber for her'

Surely,the statement above is not pidgin.Some people in Nigeria never admit they are wrong,reference bluetooth and his side kick.

tear rubber grin
Jeep grin

BTW,why do some tear-rubber   grin owners leave the barcode on their car so that people know its brand new?  grin

Nigeria really has some funny people
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 10, 2010
So how did the word ''tear rubber come to being '' ? Can't you see it's just a crude English ? You just dey dull yourself for wetin you no sabi
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2010
MrPrsdent:

lol@ tear rubber  grin

the fact i was getting across is that grown adults use that word to refer to brand new cars,even when speaking english as opposed to pidgin, just the same way they refer to any SUV as jeep.

its wrong,shameful

Last month,i was in Nigeria with a non-nigerian friend of mine and during a converstaion somebody said this to us:

'That girl is enjoying life so much.Her dad bought a tear rubber for her'

Surely,the statement above is not pidgin.Some people in Nigeria never admit they are wrong,reference bluetooth and his side kick.

tear rubber grin
Jeep grin

BTW,why do some tear-rubber   grin owners leave the barcode on their car so that people know its brand new?  grin

Nigeria really has some funny people

pidgin has come home to stay and it is uniquely nigerian and african if you can't deal with it, go hang yourself, it is normal for a nigerian speaking english to inter-space it with pidgin, when talking unofficially. it aint no big deal if you stay abroad, fact is, we even pity you, and the wise ones among you, know they re are really wasting their time there, so don,t come here feeling important.
by the way nice one to the young man.
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 10, 2010
df2006:

pidgin has come home to stay and it is uniquely nigerian and african if you can't deal with it, go hang yourself, it is normal for a nigerian speaking english to inter-space it with pidgin, when talking unofficially. it aint no big deal if you stay abroad, fact is, we even pity you, and the wise ones among you, know they re are really wasting their time there, so don,t come here feeling important.
by the way nice one to the young man.

buffoon  shocked

seems you are angry about something
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 10, 2010
^^^^^^ i wonder what it is? shocked shocked
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by otunnegi1(m): 7:54am On Oct 11, 2010
df2006:

^^^^^^ i wonder what it is? shocked shocked

probably been denied visas and banned from the States or some other country.He should take out his anger on the right people
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by kingvictor(m): 11:33am On Oct 12, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Blasts Aganga, Hails Okonjo-iweala / Flash: We Have Returned $700m Abacha Loot – Swiss envoy / EXPOSED!!! The Many "Faces" Of Barcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.