Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,545 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian (5492 Views)

Senate Clerk, Adedotun Durojaiye, Is Dead / BREAKING: Clerk Of Nigerian Senate, Adedotun Durojaiye Is Dead / Ojo: An Exemplary Honest Traffic Warden In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Ayowumie(m): 4:05pm On Oct 07, 2010
It is unfair for the silence of the bank in question. The guy should have been offered a provisional employment upon completion of his HND. Doing that, we are promoting rewards for corruption free society.
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by occam(m): 4:11pm On Oct 07, 2010
Youngichou:

Rubbish !!!
He just left N9.3billion no i mean almost $1million dollar to those bank officials. He is the biggest Ode in nigeria.
You are lucky you are not on Nl i would have dealt with you mercylessly. silly boy.
KAI !! 4500000 bags of garri this would have bought.

this people self! you can't even get your basic math right. So N9.3 billion = $1m? men! why don't you get stuff right before making any comment

tip: check yahoo finance or better still ask the "Malo" at Sabo, the airport,
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Tpharell: 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2010
blackwood:

As much as i would want to commend Durojaiye and his family, I think the amount involved was way too large withdraw without raising suspicion. Even if he had decided to leave it in his account to spend it gradually he would be found out with time and would make a very embarrassing story. I think the money cause more panic than any quick ideas

Well said!
Did he need to dicuss with his family?
If he did not have second thoughts about the money he would simply have walked into the bank and said "there is an error in my account". It was easy to tract him. He knew that it was only a matter of time and am sure his family reiterated that to him. "9 billion" and "HND student" dont ryme at all!
When u find people's wallet do u take it home to consult with ur kith and kin befor returning it?
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by hackney(m): 4:59pm On Oct 07, 2010
May God continue to bless that man.
people like him are not up to 200 in the entire planet.
(do you guys know how much he could have withdrawn in one day with the help of one
of those hungry cashiers? ; at least N50m to various accounts sharpish)

Range rover go still reach the guy sha; smiley
God dey.
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by chosen04(f): 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2010
Lets stop fooling yourselves, the dude did not RETURN any money. Can you return what you dont have in your possession?

The dude only ''DISCOVERED'' money . . . . . . . . . . .Rewarding him for seeing money in his account is just cheap TRASH.
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by hackney(m): 5:02pm On Oct 07, 2010
^^^^ na lie ooo! ! !
if you see money inside your account you fit mobilise am anyhow.
no joke.
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by bashydemy(m): 5:28pm On Oct 07, 2010
Well i summon the courage of the guy but if he did not even return the money i swear he cannot get 5million out of his account before they caught him cos they gonna trace how the money get into his account, and beside retrun the money and being a good citizen that doesn't mean they gonna vote the guy if he contest for councilor ooo na same thiefs go still come back to power
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by jot01(m): 5:31pm On Oct 07, 2010
He can and will never big rich to Have 1Billion again not talking of 9 Billion. What type of Mistake is that?

These are Politician's Money, dey Move it around accounts in d Banks.

Am sorry Young Man, All they will give you won't be more than 1m and also How much does Poly Ibadan Pay there Lecturals,

Mumu forever, Hahahahaah
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by reindeer: 5:35pm On Oct 07, 2010
there!
At least one good story coming outta nija.
I scour the news everyday about my country and all you ever get is the depressing stories about old idiots holding 150million people hostage.I am so happy i found this story, makes me happy a bit. . . and please folks, dont turn this into a yoruba/igbo thing,it will be too depressing to think educated youth cant think beyond the ethnic bigotry handed down by their uneducated parents,abeg stop am.
Now my worry is this, the bank isnt saying anything at all nor rewarded the young man,its a shame.It just goes to show the source of the funds were not clean and the bank is trying to keep the story covered by wiping any trace of the transactions from his account.
and thanks to the church that did this as an encouragement for other youths,shows some pastors are not spending all the money alone, lol cheesy
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by shadrach77: 5:45pm On Oct 07, 2010
like i said previously, what the guy did is no big deal. he was forced to report the case to the bank, not out of honesty, but out of having no other option. why would he draw out 20,000 which did not belong to him in the first instance? and why was he deliberating on what to do and had to consult his fellowship, if not for the fact that he was contemplating on taking the money? reporting his find to the bank was an afterthought which came after he had realised there was no other way, since everyone had become aware cry
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by demscokid: 6:02pm On Oct 07, 2010
I believe the guy simply returned the 20k & notified the bank becos of the fear of God!!!

H e could easily have moved the money out if he wanted to - how? with internet banking - simply do several transfers to multiple accts btw friday and Monday morning - he would have moved out at least close to N5 milllion.

For those who say he is a mugu - at least his muguism earned him a brand new toyota corolla, cash reward, scholarship till he finishes his program in school and a good conscience!!! grin
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by chosen04(f): 6:09pm On Oct 07, 2010
shadrach77:

like i said previously, what the guy did is no big deal. he was forced to report the case to the bank, not out of honesty, but out of having no other option. why would he draw out 20,000 which did not belong to him in the first instance? and why was he deliberating on what to do and had to consult his fellowship, if not for the fact that he was contemplating on taking the money? reporting his find to the bank was an afterthought which came after he had realised there was no other way, since everyone had become aware cry

You deserve a drink . . . . . .

The dude didnt RETURN any money cos he didnt even have it in his possession. If he was very honest like his MFM church is trying hard to protray him, he should have reported the error to the bank immediately he noticed it and not after contemplations.
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 07, 2010
chosen04:

Lets stop fooling yourselves, the dude did not RETURN any money. Can you return what you dont have in your possession?

The dude only ''DISCOVERED'' money . . . . . . . . . . .Rewarding him for seeing money in his account is just cheap TRASH.

He did not return the money? What about the 20,000 he already had in his hands? And what about Millions more he could have transfered?
The guy did the right thing, no more, no less.

Ayowumie:

It is unfair for the silence of the bank in question. The guy should have been offered a provisional employment upon completion of his HND. Doing that, we are promoting rewards for corruption free society.

You don't know what the bank did or did not do. In any case, you should not do the right thing based only on what rewards you might get.

jot01:

He can and will never big rich to Have 1Billion again not talking of 9 Billion. What type of Mistake is that?

These are Politician's Money, dey Move it around accounts in d Banks.

Am sorry Young Man, All they will give you won't be more than 1m and also How much does Poly Ibadan Pay there Lecturals,

Mumu forever, Hahahahaah

What a simplistic way of reasoning, how do you know what he will accomplish in life?
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 07, 2010
abeg, how many times do we have to hear this story?
So he returned some money, hallelujah  [roll eyes] . He would have been later probed for that money anywaz, even arrested if he had touched it. Who wants to rot in jail?

Ejo, what is the next story jare?
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

abeg, how many times do we have to hear this story?
So he returned some money, hallelujah  [roll eyes] . He would have been later probed for that money anywaz, even arrested if he had touched it. Who wants to rot in jail?

Ejo, what is the next story jare?

Since when a Nigerian fear arrest or imprisonment when he wants to steal?
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 07, 2010
Aigbofa:

Since when a Nigerian fear arrest or imprisonment when he wants to steal?
So you dont fear? oku ise o.
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 07, 2010
chosen04:

You deserve a drink . . . . . .

The dude didnt RETURN any money cos he didnt even have it in his possession. If he was very honest like his MFM church is trying hard to protray him, he should have reported the error to the bank immediately he noticed it and not after contemplations.

Miss holy holy ! As if that is what you will do if you were the one.
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 07, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

So you dont fear? oku ise o.

Whoa!! What a big jump. I think you might be slightly jealous your bank didn't deposit like $10 Million in your account. I can picture you on a beach in the Bahamas!! grin grin grin
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 07, 2010
Aigbofa:

Whoa!! What a big jump. I think you might be jealous your bank didn't deposit like $10 Million in your account. I can picture you on a beach in the Bahamas!!
You gotz that right. Funny thing, I can picture you beside me in your mini male thong. Fair 'nuff.
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 07, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

You gotz that right. Funny thing, I can picture you beside me in your mini male thong. Fair 'nuff.

That's good enough for me, and without any risk of going to jail. wink
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 07, 2010
Aigbofa:

That's good enough for me, and without any risk of going to jail. wink

Purrrfect, you know how we do. wink
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by chosen04(f): 7:45pm On Oct 07, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Miss holy holy ! As if that is what you will do if you were the one.

Mr Saint!!! This guy would have received the beating of his life from my Dad if he was my brother. The Ist thing you learn in my family ''Is never take anything that is not yours whether by error or commission''

The dude's action of withdrawing from N20k from money that his protrays him as a HUMBUG . . . . . I still cant understand what the church intends to achieve by rewarding  this HUMBUG of a member.

Aigbofa:

He did not return the money? What about the 20,000 he already had in his hands? And what about Millions more he could have transfered?
The guy did the right thing, no more, no less.

The guy should be arrested and charged for ''KIDDNAPING N20K" for the duration it was in his illegal possession.

I have been over paid in Zenith Bank on few ocassions and i returned them, immediately i got to the office and discovered . . . . . . .Based on your biased assumptions, i should have used it to trade and make profits before contemplating abi?
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by jorghor(m): 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2010
hackney:

^^^^ na lie ooo! ! !
if you see money inside your account you fit mobilise am anyhow.
no joke.
i for like make u tell me, would really like to give that a try

alanbolo:

^^^^^ In as much as I commend d lad, it'll be better to let us know who owns d dough or how d mistake occurred in d first place?
no bank will release that info to you. one, that is another customer's account. secondly, telling how the mistake occurred reduces the bank's repute as a sound financial institution.

oluwabamis:

this guy deserve a national honours, much more than 70% of those who got the award this year. I have also said it that seun of nairaland deserves it too, We at nairaland shd give him an award even if JEG dont give him. My countryman, just keep on doing what you know how to do. you will soon be known all over the world. The western skeptics shd get to hear this. congratulations, durojaiye
i agree with you on this,

when a windfall like this happens, always consider that it was someone that posted that money into the account. if it was erroneously done and the person happens to be your close relative, would u not do what he did
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by marcus1234: 9:05pm On Oct 07, 2010
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by occam(m): 9:12pm On Oct 07, 2010
chosen04:

Mr Saint!!! This guy would have received the beating of his life from my Dad if he was my brother. The Ist thing you learn in my family ''Is never take anything that is not yours whether by error or commission''

The dude's action of withdrawing from N20k from money that his protrays him as a HUMBUG . . . . . I still cant understand what the church intends to achieve by rewarding  this HUMBUG of a member.

The guy should be arrested and charged for ''KIDDNAPING N20K" for the duration it was in his illegal possession.

I have been over paid in Zenith Bank on few ocassions and i returned them, immediately i got to the office and discovered . . . . . . .Based on your biased assumptions, i should have used it to trade and make profits before contemplating abi?

Let's give the guy some credit and applaud his honesty

Yes, he withdrew the N20,000 but we'll never know his intent. why did he withdraw the money? He could have gone back to take more, have a blast weekend & keep quiet about it. He may have been tempted to take this path, but did not.  

His action after that speaks volume about his character. He sought counsel from his family and decided to report the incident. Very smart.

And for all those calling the guy a fool; how do you withdraw N9.3 billion (that's not yours) from your acct in 2 days? exactly. That tells me you are the real fool.    

did someone say "I'll use bulldozer to steal the ATM Machine"  grin
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by bgees(m): 12:44am On Oct 08, 2010
Listen up people, Durojaiye could be an honest individual, but he might returned the money out of fear of being caught.

I would alert the bank too not because I want to be an 'exemplary' Nigerian but because I know the bank would likely figure it out later and I would be fugitive by then
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 08, 2010
I read the details earlier b4 now. He would not had withdrawn more than N100k. That is the ATM Daily Limit. It happend on Sunday and the money disappeared on Monday. When he went back on Monday, the bank Manager 'coninly' collected the ATM Print Out/Receipt which was the only evidence he had. There was no trace of the money in his Bank Statement when he requested for the statement. So, he had only 2 options. The boy played on peaple intelligence but, he is not actual that intelligence. He could not even do the photocopy of the Receipt or seek the services/advice of a Lawyer on time. It was after he was tricked by the bank manager, which was too late. Any wise person would have done better. He would had been in Kiriki if he tried to claim the kudi. It would nt even be possible coz the moni disappeared, without any tracable evidence.
But i will nt fail to commend the boy.
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by snthesis(m): 8:10am On Oct 08, 2010
kenis:

I read the details earlier b4 now. He would not had withdrawn more than N100k. That is the ATM Daily Limit. It happend on Sunday and the money disappeared on Monday.
GBAM!
i thot i was d only one dat read that part of the report
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by hackney(m): 8:15am On Oct 08, 2010
^^^^^ internet banking nko? he could have transfered money to other accounts that way.
man, if you and some buddys hop some of the funds across say 6 accounts, the looting owner  might say: na only 10mils, make them chop that one.

The man withdrew the 20k to make sure he was not dreaming and not to spend it
grin grin grin grin
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by snthesis(m): 8:57am On Oct 08, 2010
^^^u nid to subscribe to internet banking in the first instance, and sorry to say dis but d closest thing to internet banking for most folks is d use of ATM card grin grin grin
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 08, 2010
chosen04:

Mr Saint!!![s] This guy would have received the beating of his life from my Dad if he was my brother.[/s] The Ist thing you learn in my family ''Is never take anything that is not yours whether by error or commission''

[s]The dude's action of withdrawing from N20k from money that his protrays him as a HUMBUG . . . . . I still cant understand what the church intends to achieve by rewarding  this HUMBUG of a member.
[/s]

[s]The guy should be arrested and charged for ''KIDDNAPING N20K" for the duration it was in his illegal possession.
[/s]

hackney:

^^^^^ internet banking nko? he could have transfered money to other accounts that way.
man, if you and some buddys hop some of the funds across say 6 accounts, the looting owner  might say: na only 10mils, make them chop that one.

The man withdrew the 20k to make sure he was not dreaming and not to spend it
grin grin grin grin
I hope chosen04 have seen why the guy withdrew the money cuz if he had really wanted to steal it,he would have started from the maximum daily withdrawal of #100 000 from the moment he noticed the money in his account.
Re: Durojaiye, An Exemplary New Nigerian by ud4u: 10:24am On Oct 08, 2010
Though it worth commendable but I have read it over and over agian. No longer new

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

State Police Is Inevitable - ACN / Close Your Account With Access Bank – Activist Tasks Nigerians / CORRUPTION, RIGGING: Letter From Military Indicts Chief Minimah, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.