Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement (9230 Views)

Could I Be Wrong To Dump My Boyfriend Of 4 Years For A Lieutenant In The Army? / My Boyfriend Of Two Years Suddenly Says He's Not Ready / 15 year old Girl with a Boyfriend of 28? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by 4Play(m): 12:14am On Mar 21, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

which is why the UK is filled with retarded looking children

Am sure if you check the US,you will the same trend.It is a general trend across the Western world.The marriage institution is collapsing and those who get married are doing so at an older age

In some ways,they are moving towards the Southern Nigerian attitude of marrying later in life
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by sisimose(f): 12:16am On Mar 21, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

which is why the UK is filled with retarded looking children

hmm this is an educated guess or pure hearsay?

@topic
i dont think you should forget him, talk to him , you guys communicate quick before anther two years go by
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by Nobody: 12:21am On Mar 21, 2007
4 Play:

Am sure if you check the US,you will the same trend.It is a general trend across the Western world.The marriage institution is collapsing and those who get married are doing so at an older age

In[b] some ways,they are moving towards the Southern Nigerian attitude of marrying later in life [/b]

that is so true,people from Western, midwestern and northern Nigeria marry earlier than South easterners,(the men I mean)
I hate it when you see these 40 something year old men with 20 year old brides,barely out of Senior secondary.
So @ the poster,if the man is from the South East,the wedding bells may not be ringing till the next 10 years.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by sisimose(f): 12:24am On Mar 21, 2007
babyosisi, how body and the cerelac binges?

10 years atleast give the sister hope now? Biko lol
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:24am On Mar 21, 2007
Im not questioning the whole marriage trend but i guess i was equating age of marriage to age of child bearing and seeing that it is a scientific fact that Downs and various other genetic dieases are more frequent with babies of older women.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:26am On Mar 21, 2007
babyosisi:

So @ the poster,if the man is from the South East,the wedding bells may not be ringing till the next 10 years.

That's depressing.

Any reason why that is?
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 21, 2007
sisimose:

babyosisi, how body and the cerelac binges?

10 years atleast give the sister hope now? Biko lol
heyyy,my sister in cerelac,am good.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by 4Play(m): 12:27am On Mar 21, 2007
@Thief

Those genetic diseases are very rare .You are basically implying that offsprings of older women on average look worse than those of younger women.That is not the case
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by sisimose(f): 12:29am On Mar 21, 2007
@babyosisi wink good to hear

@4play
you right there
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:29am On Mar 21, 2007
lol I wish Downs was rare but really I was just making fun since you always hear people say a woman shouldnt get married late else she'll end up with retarded children

What I really meant is that Brit kids look worse than everyone else's in the world  tongue

perhaps na the ooglie genes
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by sisimose(f): 12:33am On Mar 21, 2007
sometimes ugliness is not only skin deep ** embarassed** relativity comes into play, be careful what you speak. life is funny and can deal you a very ugly hand smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:37am On Mar 21, 2007
You like to pretend that you dont take things here seriously sisi, but really you do.

If it makes you feel any better, I tend to make fun of the white Brits. is that ok with you?
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 21, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

That's depressing.

Any reason why that is?

I think it's because Igbo men usually like to acquire some material stuff sometimes even build house in the village before bringing a woman and children into the picture and  at twenty something it is rare to see someone in that position.
I do not know one single Igbo man that got married in his twenties,even my dad 40 years ago married at 30 and already had a house built for him and his family before bringing in a wife.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by sisimose(f): 12:42am On Mar 21, 2007
it speaks!!!! shocked lol read your post again and again and again and tell us if truly that was a joke, or smart thing to say about children , or refer to people with problems as RETARDS.
no darling i am not taking it serious just highlighting your errors for yah. And if you think making fun of white brits will make you feel good about yourself then knock yourself out . I am sure someone will point that out to you too. You can make a point without abusing people here like you do daily and i have said before you are supposed to be a lady act accordingly kiss sho ti gbo?
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by finemocha(f): 12:43am On Mar 21, 2007
4play

im a medical student, trust me,  men in my field even with all the stress of being doctors, dont want to have kids by 37, they want to be done by freaking 35.  there are many and i mean many medical problems iwth having kids at an older age.  plus even if they are marryin at 37 at least the person they are marry is maybe 2-4 years younger than them. im 21 right now and i think its reather disgusting to be with someone that old, especially when i meet younger guys and find them alot more fascinating than teh older 28-29 year olds.  i have a friend whomarried someone 10 years older than her, i mean yeah he doenst look it and he is cute but man, the things this girl says, i actually feel for him.  i mean life is changing now especially in the US, older naija bros are realizing that u cant approcah a girl of 24 and u are 35 and u expec ther to jump at a guy who is probably starting to bald.  yeah right
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 21, 2007
When I first moved here to the states,my best friend at the time,a Yoruba girl was just newly married barely 20,her first child had downs syndrome and the subsequent ones were just fine.
It's more common with advanced maternal age but can occur with very young people too.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:44am On Mar 21, 2007
well 30 isnt bad. My dad was 32.

Just that I'd personally like to go to my kid's events like graduation or marriage or whatever without worrying about my husband who is in a wheelchair or something due to being too old to enjoy his kids all grown up.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by sisimose(f): 12:45am On Mar 21, 2007
finemocha:

4play

im a medical student, trust me, men in my field even with all the stress of being doctors, don't want to have kids by 37, they want to be done by freaking 35. there are many and i mean many medical problems iwth having kids at an older age. plus even if they are marryin at 37 at least the person they are marry is maybe 2-4 years younger than them. im 21 right now and i think its reather disgusting to be with someone that old, especially when i meet younger guys and find them alot more fascinating than the older 28-29 year olds. i have a friend whomarried someone 10 years older than her, i mean yeah he doenst look it and he is cute but man, the things this girl says, i actually feel for him. i mean life is changing now especially in the US, older naija bros are realizing that u can't approcah a girl of 24 and u are 35 and u expec ther to jump at a guy who is probably starting to bald. yeah right

finemocha
i think what he said is true about many here in the uk
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by finemocha(f): 12:47am On Mar 21, 2007
to all u naija boys

marry teh young chick, and while u go to work the lawn boy is pumping away at her.  lol that is exactly waht is going to happen.  so check urself. i fu like marry at 80 that one concern u, but at leats aim for a woman who is at the same level as u are it doesn mean because sh e is in 26-28 means she wants to baby feed your ass while she sweeps ur hair of the floor grin i meand goodness u cant have two babies in the same house.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by Nobody: 12:48am On Mar 21, 2007
=
finemocha link=topic=5291.msg977511#msg977511 date=1174434181]
4play

im a medical student, trust me,  men in my field even with all the stress of being doctors, don't want to have kids by 37, they want to be done by freaking 35.  there are many and i mean many medical problems iwth having kids at an older age.  plus even if they are marryin at 37 at least the person they are marry is maybe 2-4 years younger than them. im 21 right now and i think its reather disgusting to be with someone that old, especially when i meet younger guys and find them alot more fascinating than the older 28-29 year olds.  i have a friend whomarried someone 10 years older than her, i mean yeah he doenst look it and he is cute but man, the things this girl says, i actually feel for him. i mean life is changing now especially in the US, older naija bros are realizing that u can't approcah a girl of 24 and u are 35 and u expec ther to jump at a guy who is probably starting to bald.  yeah right
o;i

I tend to disagree,I have attended enough weddings with near forty year olds and older with 20 something year olds.
It is still very common here in the states.
A lady I know in Texas was only about 25,a yoruba girl and her man,an Igbo man must have been 50.I felt for her.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:48am On Mar 21, 2007
again sisi, stop taking things seriously. I'm not into being "poltically correct" or acting like a muzzled "lady" when it comes to the internet esp NairaLand and I never will. Again if it bothers you, you can always ignore my posts. sho ti gbo? Thanks  smiley

anyway yea downs can happen to young women too, just more common down the line I believe.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by finemocha(f): 12:50am On Mar 21, 2007
4play

yes there are men who are choosing to marry at an older age, but they arent looking for girls my age. they are lookin for women in their own 5 year bracket. unlike naija bobo's who are chasing girls ten years their junior.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by sisimose(f): 12:51am On Mar 21, 2007
thiefofhearts
lmao too bad you didnt adopt this cool attitude weeks ago. when you were going round biting everyone lol anyway i like this , stay chilled ok , jogging helps get rid of all that pent up aggression, look at your profile pic you even scared to smile and you are ok looking. abeg just smile and be nice to people you hear all this aggression nor dey wash with me you hear? stick with me you will learn alot in how to relax kiss
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by monshege: 12:51am On Mar 21, 2007
4 Play:

@Thief

Those genetic diseases are very rare .You are basically implying that offsprings of older women on average look worse than those of younger women.That is not the case

those geentic diseases are no more that rare. down syndrome with increase in age for women (high rate at 35 yrs and lower for lower age). it can occur in younger people but at a rare rate. for men, achondroplasia too, those previous rare genetic diseases are now rampant with the older age differences and barrier. in addition to the genertic diseases, there are other things that can result such as being prone to ovarian cancer for a woman who did not give birth on time. its always good to do the right thing at the right time. time waits for no one these days
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by finemocha(f): 12:52am On Mar 21, 2007
babyosisi

yeah i dont doubt taht is happening, i see it too, but that man is in marital bliss, and his wife is satisfying her self somewhere else, i can guarantee u that.  imagine what his ass looks like at 50 , nad i bet he doesnt work out.  yuck
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by Nobody: 12:52am On Mar 21, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

well 30 isnt bad. My dad was 32.

Just that I'd personally like to go to my kid's events like graduation or marriage or whatever without worrying about my husband who is in a wheelchair or something due to being too old to enjoy his kids all grown up.

yeah you're right but then young folks also end up in wheelchairs with MS and other musculosketal and connective tissue disorders.
Life's unpredictable.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by 4Play(m): 12:53am On Mar 21, 2007
@finemocha

The fact is that fewer are people are marrying and when they do,they do so at a later age than before in the West.Whether your colleagues in the Medical profession share the same approach is irrelevant .

It is true that there can be problems with marrying at an older age but you will find actually very few children with medical problems attributable to "old" parents.It is clear that in Nigeria,Southerners marry later than the Fulani,yet there is no evidence that the Fulani kids are uniquely healthier than their Southern counterparts.

I think if such a problem was pervasive,there would have been a national debate in Britain about it.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by sisimose(f): 12:55am On Mar 21, 2007
again very true 4play
no such raging problems on this issue as we speak
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by sisimose(f): 12:56am On Mar 21, 2007
infact more women in ther 40s and 50sare getting pregnant in the Uk
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by Nobody: 12:56am On Mar 21, 2007
finemocha:

babyosisi

yeah i don't doubt taht is happening, i see it too, but that man is in marital bliss, and his wife is satisfying her self somewhere else, i can guarantee u that.  imagine what his ass looks like at 50 , nad i bet he doesnt work out.  yuck

Personally,I have no problems with older men.Most have a good head on their shoulders and you don't have to worry about your husband going to night clubs and such.By mid and late late thirties,a man is usually settled careerwise and that is something a women needs.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:58am On Mar 21, 2007
sisi, I'm not known for niceness on here but for being blunt and I like it that way  wink. as for being afraid to smile, tsk if only you knew what you were talking about. lol.

anyway I think people in the West are just waiting now because they don't want to lose all their money on alimony  tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by Nobody: 12:59am On Mar 21, 2007
You are actually as old as you feel.There are twenty year olds with the blood chemistry and organs of 40 year olds and vice versa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Loving Someone And Screwing Someone Else / What's The Craziest Thing That Ever Happened Tp You During Sex / Photos: Meet Slay Mother And Sister Of Boy Who Posted After Sex Pics With His Gf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.