Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,427 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement (9232 Views)

Could I Be Wrong To Dump My Boyfriend Of 4 Years For A Lieutenant In The Army? / My Boyfriend Of Two Years Suddenly Says He's Not Ready / 15 year old Girl with a Boyfriend of 28? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by sisimose(f): 12:59am On Mar 21, 2007
babyosisi
was hubby grey free when you met? tongue .
you right though about them settling down but come oh! you mean say girls get to wait for them? chei! competition go plenty grin
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by finemocha(f): 1:00am On Mar 21, 2007
4play

clearly u misunderstand what i mean.  i dotn see the point of marrying a man so that way at my sons 18 birthday he gets a heartattack,  or tells me his arthristis is acting up.  if men want to marry at 100 years old at least pick someone who will not be completely disgusted at the whole idea of sleeping with u.  or worse looks out of hte marriage for soemthing better.  at least women have a good excuse for cheatin, my hussy is not physically capablen of satisfying me , i mean naija bros are still marrying the babies and are still cheating.  pah.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:00am On Mar 21, 2007
sisimose:

infact more women in ther 50s are getting pregnant in the Uk

That's gross.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by Glamourgal(f): 1:04am On Mar 21, 2007
lol. it's when they want it, or when it comes after they've been trying
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by sisimose(f): 1:06am On Mar 21, 2007
life can be a bitch glamgirl smiley
many have run with their mouths saying blah blah and in their 50s regret what they did or said when they can not have babies. Karma nah one kind bitch
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by Nobody: 1:08am On Mar 21, 2007
sisimose:

babyosisi
was hubby grey free when you met? tongue .
you right though about them settling down but come oh! you mean say girls get to wait for them? chei! competition go plenty grin

Let's just say,he is all I ever dreamed of in a man. grin grin grin

that's why I'm advising the poster to move on,the average 27 year old Nigerian male is still running from Abuja to Lagos looking for secure employment,marriage is no where on his agenda,this one still wants to go to school,e never begin sef
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by sisimose(f): 1:09am On Mar 21, 2007
babyosisi:

Let's just say,he is all I ever dreamed of in a man. grin grin grin

that's why I'm advising the poster to move on,the average 27 year old Nigerian male is still running from Abuja to Lagos looking for secure employment,marriage is no where on his agenda,this one still wants to go to school,e never begin sef

i feel you my sister wink
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:09am On Mar 21, 2007
she even try for 5 years. After a year or like 5 months most girls are already crying for a ring.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by Busta(f): 1:53am On Mar 21, 2007
@topic,

the guy ain't just ready. undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by spoilt(f): 5:20am On Mar 21, 2007
@ topic
he obviously isnt ready. its a man's choice to marry whenever he wants. its just unfortunate that they get into a commited relationship, keep hinting at marriage, tell everyone you are his wife only to get annoyed when after 7 years you start complaining because you still dont have a ring on your finger. the bad part is the longer you stay with him the more other guys interested in you are driven away! undecided. they think you are already taken.

i think you should call it off. and when brotha man is done with schooling and all his blah blah blah then he can come back for you. (if you arent married with 3 children by then!) grin
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by acidrop(f): 7:15am On Mar 21, 2007
edon tire 4 u na be that
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by katency(f): 10:22am On Mar 21, 2007
You know your guy very well so when you notice that he his behaving strange, please don't waste your time ooo,because time wait for no man find another serious guy who will value you the more.because if he loves you he will not want any other guy to take you away so he will engage you on time.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by angel101(f): 10:25am On Mar 21, 2007
give him an ultimatum and keep ur options open wink
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by agnesoseka: 10:26am On Mar 21, 2007
lol,  hmn, 24 is not too old 2 be in a hurry sha, that is, if the guy is serious,u can wait, 2ndly, he might have other things 2 pursue so as to have a secured future, if u feel it'll be worth the wait, then go ahead girl,if not, screech off, i guess u know your man better.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by stellose(f): 11:25am On Mar 21, 2007
at 28 years? i dont think he can catter for himself let alone marriage, i think what he needs is Education first, as to catter for you his wife to be and the children to come.

Please wait for him to achieve this, am sure he must have discussed this issue with his family and they must have told him, to hold on for a while, that he is still young to go into marriage.

Please dont push him , or nag him if you love him, which i know you do please wait for him, encourge him to push further , things will be ok. and on your part please dont depend on him, see what you can do as to plan together.

one love
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by lezly(m): 12:30pm On Mar 21, 2007
Does he have a job? a house of hiw own? can his parents support him money-wise in case of any emergency etc? marriage is not something you rush into or else you might be rushing to get out. You're still young. dont you have other plans for life other than marriage? Abeg think well well o!
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by joycexz(f): 2:36pm On Mar 21, 2007
By now i think you should know him better than all of us on nairaland. You should know if he is serious or just making a fool out of you. I'd advise that you keep your options open so you dont lose out at the end.

Goodluck in your decision.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by 2dye4(m): 3:08pm On Mar 21, 2007
Hey girl, one thing that is certain whether he says it or not is that he is not ready to commit, however that does not mean he doesnt truly love u. av u wonder why hollywood is the way it is ? Why they av breathe-taking relationships but disastrous and explosive marriages, its the RUSH. He has plans tom make his life better so that he can be a better person 4u.my advice, love him till he sees that he cant do without u, but dnt rush him. As fo those saying u should keep ur options open, i suggest u dnt try that road cos u mite loose both ways. wink
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by 2dye4(m): 3:14pm On Mar 21, 2007
Its not our struggles, desperations or so called game plan that gets us the best out of life,it is grace (from God) and Hope(on our own part).
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by Tobiegal(f): 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2007
2dye4:

Hey girl, one thing that is certain whether he says it or not is that he is not ready to commit, however that does not mean he doesnt truly love u. av u wonder why hollywood is the way it is ? Why they av breathe-taking relationships but disastrous and explosive marriages, its the RUSH. He has plans tom make his life better so that he can be a better person 4u.my advice, love him till he sees that he can't do without u, but dnt rush him. As fo those saying u should keep your options open, i suggest u dnt try that road because u mite loose both ways. wink

Word!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by adeboo(f): 5:38pm On Mar 21, 2007
Well Girl the thing is you really need to slow dow wth this whole engagement issue.

You are still young and he should be the one pressuring you to get engaged not the other way round, i have been in the spot where you are at today, i know that whatever anyone says may not even register with you but pls listen to me.

He just wants to ensure that he gives you a good family life when he odes marry you. Its better for him to study now rather than study when you are married and he needs to work to provide for the family.

You didnt mention if you were still in school - make sure you are educationally sound before you do get married cause nce the kids start rolling in, you wont be able to study.
Just let him be and organise your time doing other things, take up a hobby so tat all your life wouldnt be centred around him.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by laudate: 5:48pm On Mar 21, 2007
2dye4:

Hey girl, one thing that is certain whether he says it or not is that he is not ready to commit,
Oh good! So you can see that too?

2dye4:

my advice, love him till he sees that he can't do without u, but dnt rush him. As fo those saying u should keep your options open, i suggest u dnt try that road because u mite loose both ways. wink

So while he goes off for 3 years in the guise of getting an education, she should sit down, twiddle her thumbs & pray he shouldn't change his mind about marriage? What if he does change his mind?

After waiting faithfully for 3 years, he comes back to tell her he has found some body else, what do you advice her to do? I have seen women wait for 5, 10 or even 15 years for a man to actualise his dreams, in the hope that once he is done, he will come back to make an honest woman out of them. The truth is that, it rarely ever happens.

Men are not wired that way.

By the time he actualises his dreams, he might decide he needs a younger babe, as a trophy wife to suit his new status. Meanwhile, our dear "lady-in-waiting" would have waited for so long, that the best part of her youth would have gone. Don't forget that while she is waiting & staying faithful, other suitors may be knocking on her door & she would probably be turning them down, thinking her guy would come back & marry her. Chances are that he may not do so. So where is she going to start all over again from?
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by laudate: 5:54pm On Mar 21, 2007
, one last word. I know a girl who dated a guy on and off for many years. He was always offering one excuse or the other, whenever she asked him questions about the status of their relationship. He even told her once that it wasn't the right time. Well, guess what? When it was the right time for him to marry, he dumped the girl after using her as a one-night stand & went ahead  to marry another chic he had barely known for 4 months, after he broke up with the previous girl.

Waiting for a guy? Hell, NO!! I won't advice any woman to do that. Think of your youth. Think of the fact that he hasn't paid your bride price. And think of the fact, that time lost can never be regained. Then move on.

Who knows? The right guy might just be round the corner.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 21, 2007
girl,i'm sure somebody should have told you by now that if you rush into married you will rush out of it and if you force a man to marry you, the consequences will come back to u. because if anything happens, he wont remember the good times, all he will say is that he wasn't ready for marriage in the first place. all i will tell u is that u should pray and ask God to cancel ur will and ur desire but he should make his will and desire to be done in ur life. coz God's ability start when man's ability is over, and trust me, when you are down to nothing, God is up to something.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by Kinsh(f): 12:26am On Mar 22, 2007
@ Thiefofhearts

Xcuse me!! Wat do u mean by "dats y UK is filled wif retarded lookn children" I fink dat better suits d americans havin kids @ d age of thurten. Duh!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by 4Play(m): 12:33am On Mar 22, 2007
The fact that people are getting married at a later age does not mean that people are having kids at a later age.The UK has the highest rate of teenage pregnancy in Europe
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:36am On Mar 22, 2007
Kinsh:

@ Thiefofhearts

Xcuse me!! What do u mean by "that is y UK is filled with retarded lookn children" I think that better suits d americans havin kids @ d age of thurten. Duh!!!

Thanks for proving my point. The hell is "thruten"?
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by Kinsh(f): 12:41am On Mar 22, 2007
Well thats in Europe. Anyway before saying anything you should be sure you are able to back it up with facts
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by Kinsh(f): 1:14am On Mar 22, 2007
Sweetheart 5 years aint a joke!!! n there's nothin wrong with you. None of us knows both of you like you both do. You mentioned yourself that there is always one obstacle or the other and that he is the one making these obstacles #where there seem to be no obstacles# Its a long time waiting i must say.  I believe if a guy is truly in love with u, he would do anything to have and keep you. If he keeps making, building, creating, establishing excuses whichever!!! i dnt think he's ready. Going to school doesn't guarantee you might not go hungry undecided Seriously speaking cheesy Bill Gate was a drop out. Am not sayin he is doin the wrong thingy but, Girl u got to think about this. Saying YES or NO has a huge impact on your future cus you said you love him. If u dump him you might never feel the same way u feel about him with anyone else and that is not good enough for u. Nevertheless, your happiness is the utmost. But i would advise you speak with him and tell him how you feel. Talk it out DON'T fight it out. He should understand and if he doesn't, Follow your heart girl!!!  wink Cus YOU! know what YOU! want.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by acidrop(f): 2:38am On Mar 22, 2007
but the last thing u wanna do is beg him, xcept ofcourse u are very despreate
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by 9ja4eva: 8:33am On Mar 22, 2007
laudate:

Oh good! So you can see that too?

So while he goes off for 3 years in the guise of getting an education, she should sit down, twiddle her thumbs & pray he shouldn't change his mind about marriage? What if he does change his mind?

After waiting faithfully for 3 years, he comes back to tell her he has found some body else, what do you advice her to do? I have seen women wait for 5, 10 or even 15 years for a man to actualise his dreams, in the hope that once he is done, he will come back to make an honest woman out of them. The truth is that, it rarely ever happens.

Men are not wired that way.

By the time he actualises his dreams, he might decide he needs a younger babe, as a trophy wife to suit his new status. Meanwhile, our dear "lady-in-waiting" would have waited for so long, that the best part of her youth would have gone. Don't forget that while she is waiting & staying faithful, other suitors may be knocking on her door & she would probably be turning them down, thinking her guy would come back & marry her. Chances are that he may not do so. So where is she going to start all over again from?

Abi oh.Its not worth risking abeg.
Re: My Boyfriend Of 5 Years Is Postponing Our Engagement by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 22, 2007
girl,keep your heart open
afterall ,most girls have a spare guy they would always turn to when their intended dissappoints
five years no be yam o!if u add am three years you don become old mama
you have to shine your eyes
anything can happen in a relationship
he might still marry you but if he doesn't
you're not the first it will happen to neither will you be the last
i wish you luck in your gamble

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaka The Lesbian … (18+) [COMPLETED] / What's The Craziest Thing That Ever Happened Tp You During Sex / Pastor Caught Sleeping With Neighbors Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.