Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb (1822 Views)

True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) / Nobody Can Intimidate Us, Oba Of Lagos Warns AIG Mbu / THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by rhymz(m): 10:39am On Oct 13, 2010
olafolarin:

Dude ask before you start wriing rubbish.I have been to every part of Nigeria.
I've schooled,worked, visited and have relations in all regions of the nation and I can tell
you without doubt that Lagos is the most untribalised place in Nigeria followed maybe by Abj.
OBJ is loved so much in SW enough for him to lose not just right in front of his house in Abeokuta but the entire SW.
You need to listen to constructive discuss on SW issue and you will realize that people like OBJ,Ooni et all are political lightweights in the region.If he is that popular and respected in the region, he would have conveniently won he entire SW for PDP but instead rigged the likes of Agagu,Oyinlola,Akala,Gbenga Daniel and lastly(and most brutal) Segun Oni in as Gobenrs in heir respective states before Courts sent some away.
Till today Oabaj can never win a councilorship election in his ward.
. . . Dude, you re petty and your arguements lack substance, most of the nonsense you are spewing here are hear-say and wild guesses, none of your garbage arguement can stand any serious scrutiny. You have been to all the regions in Nigeria and in conclusion, your darlin SW states and Lagos are the most detribalised Nigerian states. . .lol. . .Go and feed that garbage to the vultures.
I was born and bred in Lagos, there is nothing you can tell me about Lagos, the fact that a lot of SWesterners don't leave their region puts a flaw to Ur arguement. If you claim to be detribalised, then leave the comfort of your region and explore other parts of Nigeria, at least, Igbos, Edo, Deltans and even hausas are common place in every corner of this country. Lagos is a cosmopolitan state to begin with, the fact that it is a melting point has nothing to do with how accommodating the indigenes of Lagos are, they don't even have a choice than to do so if they want to see Lagos grow and be what it is today. While I can make excuses for lagos because of its former status and the continued federal patronage and parastatal presence, I can't say thesame for the rest of the SWestern states that are wholly Yoruba states.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by Olaolufred(m): 4:11pm On Oct 13, 2010
rhymz:

Lagos is a cosmopolitan state to begin with, the fact that it is a melting point has nothing to do with how accommodating the indigenes of Lagos are, they don't even have a choice than to do so if they want to see Lagos grow and be what it is today. While I can make excuses for lagos because of its former status and the continued federal patronage and parastatal presence, I can't say thesame for the rest of the SWestern states that are wholly Yoruba states.

Thanks for clearing the fact that Lagos is not a Tribalized state.

It goes back to explaining that Ujujoan's conclusion is wrong in this respect.

A proof to support your point is the fact that Lagos has commisioners who are from the Igbo land.

But I,m not sure If A yoruba man is a Councillor in Enugu, Abia, Anambra, Imo or Abia.

It may be, but I'm not yet aware of such.

You have the right to make your conclusions, but the truth is that If a credible Ibo Man contests Election,

I will vote and campaign for him. But I can't be forced to vote for someone I can't trust.

As OBJ had never got my vote, so also will I not vote for an Hausa  or Igbo man I can't trust.

If not for the Inclusion of GEJ in this rase, My Vote is freshly reserved for either Utomi or Ribadu.

Tribalistic or not, I know I served in Ezinihitte Mbaise LG HQ, Imo state.

And some of them had visited me after 5 years out of service.

We still talk to one another till today.

Sooner or later, we will know the root of the hatred that led to the conclusions; "that Yorubas are tribalistic".
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by Kobojunkie: 11:13pm On Oct 13, 2010
revolt:

If he's so unpopular why don't we watch and see if people would come out for his campaign this would be a true test of his popularity.ppl here claim he's really unpopular and they'd be shocked. Let's put my premise to the test. Forget nothing dey happen we in lagos would love to watch his campaign.

I hate to say it but your test might prove he is more popular than people easily claim. Either that or those who adore him are more determined than those who do not.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by olafolarin(m): 2:59am On Oct 14, 2010
As I said earlier, I have been to every part of Nigeria and none of those states have the acceptance Lagos bequeath it's visitors.You Yoruba man can ever think of contesting for a councillorship post in any eastern states but the commissioner for budget/ Planning in Lagos State is Ben Akabueze and the Lagos PRO of AC is Joe Igbokwe.
There so many councillors and LG staffs of different tribes.
And for your info I was born and bred and in Lagos.
Re: You Can’t Campaign In Lagos, True Face Of Lagos Warns Ibb by johnterry4: 9:07am On Oct 15, 2010
Ujujoan:

I am telling you, this is just a huge tribal war!

Ribadu et al did not anul an election won by one of their own and that's why they are all foaming thorugh the mouth!

Who are they anyways? Who made them the judge? Who gave them the authority?

For OBJ, all sisns are forgiven cos he's one of their own. But for IBB, the reverse is the case!  undecided

uju,i love u for this.some people are so funny.do they think that people from other tribes are fools.who are they to say who shld campaign in lagos and who should not?obj was reckless while in office just like ibb was.they see obj as their hero but see ibb as d demon.cos of this,i have been campaigning bigtime for ibb.ibb for president jor.sick cowards.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. / Jigawa Election Cancelled. / Igbo Market In India To Close On March 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.