Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,352 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes (35912 Views)

Reno Omokri Blasts Ikhide Ikheloa For Speaking Against The Bible / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Ikeh01(m): 7:17pm On Jul 18, 2019
The world is confuse.
The issue is that Devil as a ruler of this world has succeeded in using MAN to twist and fabricate the Bible.
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by SaturnNick(m): 7:17pm On Jul 18, 2019
jidenna21:
He made a very good point. Religion has failed totally. It divides more than it unites. This why China banned this nonsense called religion their country is more peaceful than all these stupid African countries
China did not ban religion mind you. They are not just as religious as we are
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Xbee007(m): 7:18pm On Jul 18, 2019
eodavids:
Only ritualists find it convenient to criticize the Bible and speak against Jesus Chlrist.

Making this dumb blanket statement shows how shallow you are.

3 Likes

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by SaturnNick(m): 7:19pm On Jul 18, 2019
sparog:
Please who is he cos we don't know him here in Abakaliki

grin

1 Like

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2019
Daniel 7:25
And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Daniel 7:7-8 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

Daniel 11:36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4, 6-12 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The bible already prophesied it a long time ago.

The spirit of the antichrist is working more than ever before gathering people (woke) against God.

Psalms 2:1-6 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

Jesus is coming soon!!!
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Dizzyrascal(m): 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2019
HUMANS! HUMANS!! HUMANS!!! LISTEN, KNOW YE TODAY THAT YOU HAVE A VERY LIMITED TIME HERE ON EARTH. DO NOT USE THIS LIMITED PERIOD TO QUESTION THE SUPERIOR WISDOM OF YOUR CREATOR. THE WISDOM OF GOD CANNOT BE QUESTIONED. THAT SO CALLED WRITER, WOULD SOON DIE WITH ALL HIS STUPIDITY. THE LIMIT OF HIS DAYS HAS ALREADY BEEN STAMPED IN HEAVEN.
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by TemmyT002(m): 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2019
Eh ya
I thought he was wise sha
When people get too much education and they get celebrated too much, they start misbehaving.
Sighs
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by SaturnNick(m): 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2019
BigBrother9ja:
The SLAVERS needed something to use to entice the sheep and they fabricated a storybook...
I'm still waiting for their miracle to make one regrow a LOST LIMBS.
Or
Maybe until we have a BLACK POPE...

MEANWHILE,
SEE fascinating quotes...
However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

You would think that Jesus and the New Testament would have a different view of slavery, but slavery is still approved of in the New Testament, as the following passages show.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)
They might give a black pope when it gets intence... Check out the present cardinals

1 Like

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by ReeLoaDead(m): 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
Bacteriologist:
You mean the Quran where Mohammed flew to the moon on a winged horse and split the moon in half? Lol
Maybe that was just a metaphor for splitting/chopping a tasty Arab pita bread in half??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by ultimate77(m): 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
Starlight10:
The so called scolars that are educated went to study in societies that were once primitive and worshiped deities. They were backwards before Christianity came and they stopped alot of babaric practices and moved forward in Science and education. Once they got the education and enlightenment they needed they abandoned religion because they now have it all. Africa is yet to move past the first stage of abandoning primitive and fetish practises. Stop blaming the bible and Christianity for the problems in Africa. The moment Africa abandons ATR and embraces education irrespective of Christianity or not Africa will develop.

I'm already in love with you.
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by NkemChukwudi: 7:24pm On Jul 18, 2019
Irore:

Well said beloved. The reply to what the critic said can be found in the Bible, a complete and accurate book, hail master Jesus.

Beware of acute ignorance! That seems to be your problem.

4 Likes

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Aaronsrod: 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
eodavids:

Without religion (Christianity for instance) you cannot define good deed, as you adviced.

If not for Christianity, you could probably have been sold into slavery by not, may be to Jamaicans, or somewhere southern America, like say Peru...

Wisdom indeed!
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
That prof needs to receive sense small grin grin

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by CrestMan: 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
So says a man infested with demons!
How can you explain what you've never experienced? He is not the first neither will he be the last to be influenced by demons in order to utter 'trash' about God and His Word. We all know how they end except they give their hearts to Jesus Christ smiley wink
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
Dorischuks:
Ikhide Ikheloa, popularly known as Pa Ikhide, has criticized Africans for still believing in the Bible and the 'White man's God.

The literary critic said the Bible "is a great work of fiction" and "a tool of oppression created by feuding brothers to oppress women, children, and the vulnerable."

He wrote on Facebook:

"Unpopular opinion: The bible is a great work of fiction, a tool of oppression created by feuding brothers to oppress women, children and the vulnerable. It is homophobic and racist and to the extent that white slave hunters prayed over captured warriors from West Africa with the bible before they were shipped off to be slaves, it boggles my mind that an African would look at that bible and not hiss in disgust. Their God looked away during the middle passage as millions of Africans perished during the slave trade. We had our own religion before the coming of the white man. What is wrong with us? We are our own slaves. Onugo of my people lives in me.

"Open your eyes. Nonsense.

"Good morning."

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/literary-critic-ikhide-ikheloa-criticizes-africans-still-believe-bible/

I bet that this Prof is silent about all the human sacrifice that takes place in some African religions grin grin
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by NkemChukwudi: 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
drdan777:
I pity anyone who disdane God's word, a FOOL is better than him/her a word,God honours more than His name.

God's words cheesy

Mumuism raise to power 10.

Na only word? Whisper nko?

4 Likes

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by cheeseballs: 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
Are u mad at the bible or are u mad at hypocrites who try to dictate to u in the name of the bible? Make up ur mind abeg!
NkemChukwudi:

Complete utter bullshit. Did you hear this rubbish on CNN? No doubt.

The bible is bullshit and we only saw the version written and authored by the crude criminal plundering raping English people. Unintelligent people follow the shitt book!
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by CodeTemplar: 7:36pm On Jul 18, 2019
jidenna21:
He made a very good point. Religion has failed totally. It divides more than it unites. This why China banned this nonsense called religion their country is more peaceful than all these stupid African countries
So why didn't the African gods prevail? People are dumb sha.
It is disheartening that a poets who should understand the concept of using symbols and analogies to describe abstract things is the one talking rubbish like this.
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Dizzyrascal(m): 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2019
*KILLING OF TWINS
*HUMAN SACRIFICE
*EXTREME POVERTY
*MENTAL BACKWORDNESS
*ILLETRACY
*TRIBAL SEGREGATION AND LACK OF UNITY
*SICKNESS AND LACK OF EVERYTHING IMMAGINABLE
THIS WERE THE HALLMARK OF OUR EXISTENCE BEFORE THE MISSIONARIES CAME WITH THE BIBLE. COMPARE AFRICA NOW AND THEN AND SEE WHAT GOD ALMIGHTY HAS DONE FOR US

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by NkemChukwudi: 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2019
Abujapropertyag:

He only mentioned BIBLE!!! That guy is an Anti Christ! I was shocked to see how some people were doubting their faith, its really sad!

Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the Life It is appointed for a man to die once and judgement follows immediately... It's a secrets doubters will believe as a reality when they leave this world. There is life after death!!!

Remember this is what you believe. What you believe is a choice and does not make the bolded true! As for me I do NOT believe the bolded.

1 Like

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2019
Dizzyrascal:
*KILLING OF TWINS
*HUMAN SACRIFICE
*EXTREME POVERTY
*MENTAL BACKWORDNESS
*ILLETRACY
Prof will somehow ignore all these grin grin

1 Like

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by YungMillionaire: 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2019
He is right you know...even though it might be painful to admit it.
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Bacteriologist(m): 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2019
ReeLoaDead:
Maybe that was just a metaphor for splitting/chopping a tasty Arab pita bread in half??

I just had to look that up now. Apparently, Muhammad was a good chef.

https://www.google.com/search?q=arab+pita+bread&oq=arab+pita&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.9774j0j7&client=ms-android-hmd-rev2&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Bacteriologist(m): 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2019
Dizzyrascal:
*KILLING OF TWINS
*HUMAN SACRIFICE
*EXTREME POVERTY
*MENTAL BACKWORDNESS
*ILLETRACY
THIS WERE THE HALLMARK OF OUR EXISTENCE BEFORE THE MISSIONARIES CAME WITH THE BIBLE. COMPARE AFRICA NOW AND THEN AND SEE WHAT GOD ALMIGHTY HAS DONE FOR US

Your grammar is proof that Christianity did not end Illiteracy and mental backwardness.

6 Likes

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by NkemChukwudi: 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2019
eodavids:
Only ritualists find it convenient to criticize the Bible and speak against Jesus Chlrist.

Oh please just shut up! Nonsense. So this your God love our condition in this awful country?
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Kokoebapluse(m): 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2019
cool Bible wai I know is a book of scarm. Imagine Bible said rabbit chew the cud !. Bible is not word of God but word of man written by imagination.

That is why Quran is the best
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by MobilityExpress: 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2019
Xbee007:

Bhuddist are basically atheists, they don't believe in God.

Lies
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Xbee007(m): 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2019
eodavids:

Without religion (Christianity for instance) you cannot define good deed, as you adviced.

If not for Christianity, you could probably have been sold into slavery by not, may be to Jamaicans, or somewhere southern America, like say Peru...
Morality is beyond Christianity or any religion whatsoever. Our forefathers were good, moral and great people before the Abrahamic religion came to Nigeria.

Don't tell me the only reason you're not a criminal is because of your "fear of God".

And FYI, Christianity encouraged slavery.

3 Likes

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Dizzyrascal(m): 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2019
codemaniacs:

you are a victim of the bible... you are downgrading "your ancestors" and upgrading "white thieves", this is exactly what the bible was created to do but you are too brainwashed to see it...

no one is assured of anything, that is why "God" gave you a brain to figure things out...

"your ancestors" created an agricultural haven that made living life very simple..

they created a system where there was no rich or poor person, where no one lacked anything...

In the white thieves world, people are getting depressed, simple things are too expensive to people to live and progress peacefully..

you are on your own...
THE ONLY THING OUR SO CALLED ANCESTORS BEQUEATHED AFRICA WAS POVERTY, SICKNESS, BACKWARDNESS. SOME OF THOSE THINGS WE ARE STILL STRUGGLING WITH TODAY IN AFRICA. SO WHAT ANCESTORS ARE WE REALLY TALKING ABOUT?
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by tyup(m): 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2019
SexytorresE:
Religion is the worse thing that has ever happened to Africans especially Nigerians, So religious and yet backward and underdeveloped. why can't ur God help y'all? Y'all be praying for decades and yet the devil still exist (laugh) pls y'all should wake up from sleep. Religion is a scam, all this nonsense are child indoctrination , fallacy, fiction etc... The white God doesn't exist. Just do good and stay off bad sh*ts

I thought I could believe you until I saw you thinking you're sexy but Nah you're rather a scum

bleep what you believe I believe in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit so also fellow sane persons
Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2019
BigBrother9ja:
grin
Some days ago, some foolish sheeps were drolling and hurling abuses on other religion worshippers, claiming that their story book (baibu) was copied to make other religious books grin
I was just laughing. No sensible person will even think that. Some of these religions were even existing before the SLAVE MASTERS brought christainity so, who copied who
HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SOOOOOOOOOO FOOLISH?
SOME PALE-SKINNED PIGS INVADED YOUR LAND,
TRICKED YOU WITH SOME STORY BOOK(BAIBU)
ENSLAVED YOUR PEOPLE
STOLE YOUR TREASURES
RAPED YOUR WOMEN
AND TRADED SOME OF YOUR KINGSMEN TO THEIR LAND TO BE USED AS SLAVE
WHILE THEY CONTINUED TO PREACH THE BULLSHlT STORIES TO YOU AND THEY CONTINUED TO BELIEVE THEM...

HOW FOOLISH CAN PEOPLE BE?

You have said it all. Black man's brain is not fully developed. I mean, I read one Jehovah's Witness pamphlet and they argued for the validation of Christianity over African gods by the fact that Christianity has a guide to live (the Bible) while Sango and co. do not have any written work or piece for validation.

Imagine the BS.

5 Likes

Re: PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes by Bacteriologist(m): 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2019
Kokoebapluse:
cool Bible wai I know is a book of scarm. Imagine Bible said rabbit chew the cud !. Bible is not word of God but word of man written by imagination.

That is why Quran is the best

The Quran is equally as mythical as the Bible. Both books are filled with errors and contradictions and cannot be said to have been written or influenced by any divine entity.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Man Performs Magic With Fire At Diamond Bank Pay Show, Abuja (Video) / Did You See Pepper In The Last 8 Years, Oyedepo Asks Nigerians / Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.