Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe (27802 Views)

Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 / Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow / Lagos Leads Highly Indebted States With More Than N1 Trillion Debts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by NORSYK(m): 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2019
Okorocha really raped Imo state treasury without condoms

When Ihediohanma said how Okorocha messed up Imo state the hildren of iberiberism will start crying

Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by Nemesis909: 2:51pm On Jul 19, 2019
agbangam:
Choi!!! See Delta State Debt and u all need to see the level of underdevelopment in that State angry
Ibori, Uduaghan and Okowa don finish that State sad sad

Na lie.

They are our brothers, leave them.

Delta is PDP and PDP is Delta.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by pcicero(m): 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2019
See what Aregbese caused �.
Before you start yapping nonsense, show me the total accumulated debts before and after he took over. Then let's compare notes if all the much touted infrastructure he claimed to have built are commensurate with the debts.
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by MoneyMan5: 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
philip0906:

I am not making a comparison between Lagos & Dubai...My statement was purely alluding to the fact that Lagos generates enough revenue to be as beautiful as Dubai. Dubai is a beautiful city with a functional mass transit system, no potholes on their roads, functional traffic lights/street lights etc The revenue Lagos state generates is MORE THAN ENOUGH to make this city have all those good things you see in Dubai

Lagos is not making enough money as Dubai and Dubai don't have 21 million population as Lagos.

Lagos should do more when It come to infrastructure but don't expect it to be beautiful as Dubai with that population unless Lagos also generate enough money like Dubai
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by urahara(m): 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
philip0906:

I am not making a comparison between Lagos & Dubai...My statement was purely alluding to the fact that Lagos generates enough revenue to be as beautiful as Dubai. Dubai is a beautiful city with a functional mass transit system, no potholes on their roads, functional traffic lights/street lights etc The revenue Lagos state generates is MORE THAN ENOUGH to make this city have all those good things you see in Dubai

No , it can not , Lagos generates little revenue compared to Dubai.
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by philip0906(m): 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
urahara:

No , it can not , Lagos generates little revenue compared to Dubai.
So Lagos state does not generate enough to have the bolded? Are you remotely joking Or what exactly are you saying? undecidedEven cities in Africa such as Algiers, Cape Town etc have infrastructure that dwarfs Lagos.

philip0906:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by philip0906(m): 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2019
MoneyMan5:

Lagos is not making enough money as Dubai and Dubai don't have 21 million population as Lagos.

Lagos should do more when It come to infrastructure but don't expect it to be beautiful as Dubai with that population unless Lagos also generate enough money like Dubai
You have completely side stepped the core of my arguement which is Lagos state generates MORE THAN ENOUGH to have these; functional mass transit system, no potholes on their roads, functional traffic lights/street lights

How much does Cape Town generate? How much does Algiers generate? But these two cities have solid infrastructure that MATCHES their population and dwarfs the nonsense we have here. Or you want to tell me that the revenue that Lagos state generates is not enough to even provide the basic of these amenities that other sane cities enjoy?
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by pcicero(m): 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
As for my beloved state, apart from the large Civil service, and some infrastructure, we know where the bulk of those capitals have gone.

Need we say more?

Of all the 5 divisions of the state (2 Lagos and Ikeja were already built up urban areas though), two were largely ignored byTinubu until Fashola did some works in Ikorodu, then Ambode gave us some respite in Epe, Badagry has not witnessed much.

Note that there are regional planning agencies, but not much urbanization to justify all the noise.

Party loyalists and hordes of political jobbers have been draining the state. Many of them will come here to write rubbish because either their relatives are benefiting from the rots or they wish to be part of the thieving gang or outrightly stupid.

I don't have time for political correctness. This is my state of origin and I demand true excellence in word and in deed.

IGR, Federal allocation and all these debts are not justifiable in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by urahara(m): 3:08pm On Jul 19, 2019
philip0906:

So Lagos state does not generate enough to have the bolded? Are you remotely joking Or what exactly are you saying? undecidedEven cities in Africa such as Algiers, Cape Town etc have infrastructure that dwarfs Lagos.

Revenue for Dubai was 110 billion dollars for only 3 million people in 2017 , revenue for Lagos was 920 million dollars for about 17.5 million people.
So in summary , Dubai and Lagos are not on the same level.
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by philip0906(m): 3:14pm On Jul 19, 2019
urahara:

Revenue for Dubai was 110 billion dollars for only 3 million people in 2017 , revenue for Lagos was 920 million dollars for about 17.5 million people.
So in summary , Dubai and Lagos are not on the same level.
Lagos state generated internally $1 billion dollars in 2018 and has borrowed more than 500 billion naira...So that money cannot fix street lights/traffic lights? or fix potholes? Or cannot even get us a bare face rail system? Or maybe the $1 billion was spent to pay salaries...? undecided

2 Likes

Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by urahara(m): 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
philip0906:

You have completely side stepped the core of my arguement which is Lagos state generates MORE THAN ENOUGH to have these; functional mass transit system, no potholes on their roads, functional traffic lights/street lights

How much does Cape Town generate? How much does Algiers generate? But these two cities have solid infrastructure that MATCHES their population and dwarfs the nonsense we have here. Or you want to tell me that the revenue that Lagos state generates is not enough to even provide the basic of these amenities that other sane cities enjoy?

Algeria revenue for 41 million people is more than that of Nigeria's revenue for 200 million people.
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by MoneyMan5: 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2019
philip0906:

Half of the entire population of Algeria live in Lagos

More than half of entire population of South Africa live in Lagos

Lagos is an over populated state with small Land Mass

The Resources available will be over use and the Government is also not doing enough

The earlier will accept that Lagos population is too much and other state and cities need to step up to relief Lagos, the better for all of us
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by philip0906(m): 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2019
urahara:

Algeria revenue for 41 million people is more than that of Nigeria's revenue for 200 million people.
Lagos state generated over $1 billion dollars in 2018, has debt of over 500 billion naira...The money is probably not enough to fix potholes, to fix streetlights/traffic lights, to build roads, to get even a basic metro rail system...Or maybe it was all spent on paying salaries.

https://www.nairaland.com/5310135/lagos-seeks-reduce-numbers-cars

This thread has the governor talking of building rail system in Lagos...No where did he say that the state would have to generate as much as Algiers to have a functional rail system, same noise Ambode made...yeye
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by urahara(m): 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
philip0906:

Lagos state generated internally $1 billion dollars in 2018 and has borrowed more than 500 billion naira...So that money cannot fix street lights/traffic lights? or fix potholes? Or cannot even get us a bare face rail system? Or maybe the $1 billion was spent to pay salaries...? undecided

About 80 percent of revenues for states in Nigeria is spent on paying salaries to an over bloated public sector.

1 billion dollars isn't enough.
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by philip0906(m): 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
MoneyMan5:

Half of the entire population of Algeria live in Lagos

More than half of entire population of South Africa live in Lagos

Lagos is an over populated state with small Land Mass

The Resources available will be over use and the Government is also not doing enough

The earlier will accept that Lagos population is too much and other state and cities need to step up to relief Lagos, the better for all of us
So what exactly is the $1 billion dollars 2018 internally generated revenue and over 500 billion naira debt spent on? Or did they share the monies to Lagosians and it finished maybe owing to the population?

1 Like

Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by philip0906(m): 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
urahara:

About 80 percent of revenues for states in Nigeria is spent on paying salaries to an over bloated public sector.

Okay I get you now...$1 billion revenue and N 500 billion naira debt was spent on paying salaries...yeye grin grin
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by Ilekokonit: 3:33pm On Jul 19, 2019
LibertyRep:
There must be a day of reckoning

Ordinarily there should be but where is the critical mass of disgusted fearless selfless citizens who are willing to risk life and limb in the hope that their death will not be in vain but a benefit to their future descendants ? In a country where a sitting Governor has a secret armoury in Govt house packed with 1 million Ak47 and 1 million bullets, who is brave enough to speak up ? The likes of Fela and Gani Fawehinmi are not born anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by philip0906(m): 3:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
urahara:

Lagos state spent N72bn, paying 100,433 workers in the state 2016/2017 and generated N436bn same period...The remaining N300bn plus was probably shared with Lagosians and it never got to us or was not enough to fix roads, build a bare face metro system, fix steet lights/traffic lights ...yeye

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/30-states-generate-n516bn-spend-n1-4trn-on-wages.html

1 Like

Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by Flairoqy(m): 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
Please how much is the total?
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by seguno2: 3:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
LibertyRep:
Lagos is indeed the center of excellence. This is just the domestic debt o.

The problem isn't just about the debt but about the fact that most of these debts are incurred to service the humongous recurrent expenditure occasioned by the greediness and flamboyant lifestyles of our present and past Chief Executives.

What do we have to show from these debts? Some emergency Billionaires, Decaying infrastructures, white elephant projects, abandoned and inflated projects.

There must be a day of reckoning

There won’t ever be a day of reckoning except the people WORK for it. Simple

1 Like

Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by urahara(m): 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2019
philip0906:

Lagos state spent N72bn, paying 100,433 workers in the state 2016/2017 and generated N436bn same period...The remaining N300bn plus was probably shared with Lagosians and it never got to us or was not enough to fix roads, build a bare face metro system, fix steet lights/traffic lights ...yeye

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/30-states-generate-n516bn-spend-n1-4trn-on-wages.html

Cc grandstar come and see chumchin
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by ChristianNorth: 4:26pm On Jul 19, 2019
MoneyMan5:

You know Nothing

You sound so Ignorant

The debts is owe by USA Federal Government

You are the one that don't understand anything
I am not the reason you can't comprehend properly, carry your negative energy go one side.

I don't have time for bullcraps.

Tankio.
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by ChristianNorth: 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2019
MoneyMan5:

Lagos State have the highest number of workers in Nigeria and they still don't owe their workers
Bullshitt!

Salaries fall under recurrent expenditures. So are you saying Lagos State borrows to finance salaries?
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by MoneyMan5: 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
ChristianNorth:

I am not the reason you can't comprehend properly, carry your negative energy go one side.

I don't have time for bullcraps.

Tankio.

Someone that sound so Ignorant and unable to comprehend properly accusing someone of the same thing what an Irony!
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by MT: 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
Csami:
Can someone explain how this debt thing works?

Simply put, it means part of the monthly allocation due to the states will be used to service (repay) the debt. The money that's meant to build roads, bridges etc in the states will be used to service debts. The citizens become poorer and the unborn generation will pay part of these debts. Many things that the citizens are meant to enjoy will not even exist because the money meant for it is being used to repay debts.

1 Like

Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by XaintJoel20: 5:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
handie:
Edo has one of the highest debt profiles and yet, we have nothing to show for it. From Lucky Igbins to Oshiobobo and no w Obaseki, Edo has had it rough with their governors. Before ya'll might attack me and shout Obaseki is working and all such bullcrap, biko take a trip down to Edo and you'll see the difference between what the media are saying and the reality on ground. Apart from prompt payment of salaries, Obaseki has done nada in the state. I hear people talking about employment... Biko, I'll like to see the statistics of people he has employed into the civil service since the inception of his administration and the industries his policies has attracted. Na infrastructure? In his first four years, Oshiomole did way more in terms of infrastructural development... Tom Line, Ekenwan Road and other major roads in Benin city are in dire need of repairs. If only Edo can have a visionary governor who can tap into the agricultural potentials of Edo north and part of Edo south, the limestone and other solid minerals that abound in Ososo and Okpella not to mention the tourist potential that abound in Ososo and Benin kingdom and the undoubted human potential that abounds the length and breath of my dear state, we would be the only competition to Lagos.... And ya'll better stop hyping Obaseki. That ugly nincompoop is a failure.... Same as Oshiomole in his 2nd term

Unapologeticically, Governor Godwin Obaseki is the best governor in Nigeria presently.
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by Emarvel(m): 5:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
Ahmed0336:
OP why stressing Enugu when Kastina,Yobe and Anambra are states with least debt there?
My thought too cry
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by LOVELYSKINZNEW(f): 8:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
before nko
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by handie(m): 9:54pm On Jul 19, 2019
XaintJoel20:

Unapologeticically, Governor Godwin Obaseki is the best governor in Nigeria presently.
Two questions sir. One, Are you in Edo state? Two, what's the basis for your assertion?
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by XaintJoel20: 7:00am On Jul 20, 2019
handie:
Two questions sir. One, Are you in Edo state? Two, what's the basis for your assertion?

I am in Benin City, Edo State.
His developmental works are visible for all to see.
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by Herdsmenson: 8:05am On Jul 20, 2019
handie:
bring any state in Nigeria let's compare the two including the present governors.

Look how delta state for example, it receives thrice as Edo state allocation and also 3x the debt and delta state is no better.
Re: DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe by delawal: 9:02am On Jul 20, 2019
anambra would not have been in that list if obi is still d governor. this obiano has finished my state. a state obi left wit huge savings both in naira and foreign currency. what has obiano done to justify these debts. like obiano like buhari, birds of same feather

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Invites Young Boy Who Drew His Portrait, Places Him On Scholarship / Photos: Some Nigerians In London Show Support For Buhari At The Nigeria House / IBB’s Statement: PDP Reacts To Advice To Vote President Buhari Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.