Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,067 members, 7,828,780 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are (16193 Views)

Prayer Points Against The Dream Of Backwardness. / How Is Religion The Cause Of Backwardness In Nigeria And Africa? / Religion Is The Problem Of Africa And The Reason For Backwardness In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by TommyAnthem(m): 1:03pm On Jul 21, 2019
princeogbeide1:
Religion is simply the reason why Africans are poor and backward. We don't want to be logical and creative but we want a miracle to happen. In the fight for this miracle, we go to church and start donating money for pastors and the female followers offers their pussy to their pastors as well. This is a big shame on us because the British that brought Christianity into Africa don't practice Christianity like this. They don't believe in miracles but they explore and make the world a better place.
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 21, 2019
YoungLionken:

When we talk about things, people, it's usually based on more or less, most active or less active, majority or minority, minimum or maximum. The fact that, party A won an election, doesn't mean party B didn't have any vote.

Now looting is everywhere, but compare the rate here in Nigeria and the US or UK.

Be patient with reading with the aim to understand ( you're not a baby, to only understand when things are in bits) , so that you don't end up a disgraceful element...

Ur annual budget in 2019 is less than the education budget of common south Africa, so what is there to loot? It is in America n UK that u find money to loot.

Most Nigerians do not know what the problem of the nation is.

U are quite a disgrace.
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2019
CodeTemplar:
The question is before most people become religious and start going to vigil, what was their work ethic like?
You just another demonized soul looking to blame religion for your shortcomings.
Before white men gave us both religion what was our work ethic like?. Did the white man's religion also force us to sell ourselves as slaves to them?

Don't be daft sir.

Blacks sold dem selves as slaves

Whites sold dem selves as slaves
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by CodeTemplar: 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Don't be daft sir.
Blacks sold dem selves as slaves
Whites sold dem selves as slaves
And stop exposing your daftness. did whites sell themselves to black?
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by TommyAnthem(m): 1:12pm On Jul 21, 2019
You mean the government is building churches and mosques, hope you are not one of those who blame religious leaders for lack of infrastructures in the society.
Kingsley10000:
China is buiding the fastest railway
longest bridge and flyovers
biggest and most sophisticated airport

NIGERIA IS BUILDING THE BIGGEST CHURCH AND MOSQUE
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by FisifunKododada: 1:22pm On Jul 21, 2019
Reffone:
I noticed the chirstian section is an open thread but not the same with the muslim one u have to be a moselem

Because Islam is a fascistic religion. You think Christianity is bad? Islam is 10 times worse.
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by TommyAnthem(m): 1:27pm On Jul 21, 2019
The Chinese that you just quoted were very religious "Buddhism, Taoism etc"
as at time of those inventions, 'please try do some findings'. It was just recently they are trying to shift away from religion.
Damod88:

You are damn wrong. The white man had to fight religion to achieve progress. Read about Galelio and the Catholic Church. And Europe was not responsible for all inventions.The Chinese invented paper, printing, compass, gunpowder and fire works. These inventions paved the way for subsequent inventions.
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by Tellemall: 1:28pm On Jul 21, 2019
anonimi:

were the whites and Asians not like this in the distant past

Flash back to the Roman civilization and the ancient Sumerian kingdom and you will see that Africans were hunted as animals even then. Old Asian empires still were better than the African ones, if at all any African ones existed that far back. Sheba/Egypt were the only good things about Africa, and note how close they are to Asia.

A little further back and you will see that outside of Africa has already been governed by a modicum of civilization long before Africans were colonized.
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by paxonel(m): 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2019
Khaleell001:

But you have laeders of other advanced countries like Qatar and the UAE who religious but still embrace technology and science.
So, what are you talking about?
why can't our leaders embrace science and technology like them?

I personally think it boils down to self discipline and the moral background of such leader.
it goes beyond that. It requires awareness too.
Awareness of what should be rightly done .
Self -discipline without awareness will defeat the self -discipline itself.
When the purpose of a thing is not known abuse is inevitable.
When the purpose of leadership is not known abuse is inevitable.

Religion has not played any role in making them who they are but their personal choices.
religion was suppose to create awareness of the faulty education system we have in this country but they keep mute hoping miracles from God.
This isn't how religious people practice their religion in developed nations.

Ask yourself;
Does religion advocate stealing, cheating, nepotism, looting and all other vices?
again, when the purpose of not stealing, not cheating, not looting and not being nepotism is not known, abuse is inevitable.
Religions can stand against all these negative vices, but do they tell people why they should abstain from them?
I don't think so.

The only reason religion has made people to understand is that if you commit these vices or evil you will go to hell fire.
What a weak sense deterent? undecided
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by Mogajunior(m): 1:35pm On Jul 21, 2019
NPComplete:
What leaders are u talking about?
The leaders are a reflection of the collective predilections of the people. You have bad leaders because you are bad people and only maintain systems that appeal to the lowest common denominator and ensure they get into positions of power.

Religion has always and will always be a major problem to us. It is religion that makes the black man go to vigil and scream his heart out instead of working and using his head. It is what makes MFM guys kill their enemies every year with no result to show for it financially and materially yet still remain adamant and stick to the same futile strategies.
The version of religion we practice encourages men to steal so they can come give testimony in churches. It encourages wanton looting by civil servants so they can get front row and positions of deacons in church.

The energy we have expended in praying to God, who has already blessed us with everything we need, could have been best applied into creative pursuits. Religion encourages indolence and the emphasis on miracles stymies but technological and business growth.

Let me give u an example. In other less religious countries, when a business man is failing at his business, he begins to reconsider his strategy. He thinks up innovative ways and failing that, he closes the business and seek better opportunities suited to him. In Africa and other religion-induced low IQ countries, the man baulks at the first sign of trouble and runs to church. His pastors begins to tell him there is something after him and enemies are at the gates. Suddenly the country, nay the world, has lost an opportunity to see a new innovation or a new idea. The man himself has lost an opportunity to grow and know himself better. The list is endless....

Religion is a problem. It hinders men from using their abilities most times.
No doubt you made some valid point concerning the ills of religion in our society today. But in my opinion, religion cannot be said to be the reason Africa is under developed. The major challenge rest squarely on the failure in leadership.
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2019
CodeTemplar:

And stop exposing your daftness. did whites sell themselves to black?

Stop being silly.

Yes whites sold themselves to blacks n Arabs so keep mute.
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by paxonel(m): 1:40pm On Jul 21, 2019
Xclusivedaniel6:

Did religion teach them how to how during election and give you the opposite during power

Did religion tell them not to tackle insecurity

Did religion tell them to siphon public funds

Did religion teach them to neglect your needs and focus on thier wellbeing

Did religion teach them not to give you good roads, good education system, good electricity or even a better salary?

let's drop sentiment and face the reality
a child that is not well trained what do you expect him to do when he eventually become a leader?

Ask yourself, is religion training our children to become intelligent people?
The answer is no

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by mmsen: 1:40pm On Jul 21, 2019
Tellemall:

Flash back to the Roman civilization and the ancient Sumerian kingdom and you will see that Africans were hunted as animals even then. Old Asian empires still were better than the African ones, if at all any African ones existed that far back. Sheba/Egypt were the only good things about Africa, and note how close they are to Asia.

A little further back and you will see that outside of Africa has already been governed by a modicum of civilization long before Africans were colonized.

What Africans were being hunted. Where is your source? Most Roman brutality was focused on Europe, we have evidence for such. Your claims about Africa smell like lies.
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 21, 2019
princeogbeide1:
Religion is simply the reason why Africans are poor and backward. We don't want to be logical and creative but we want a miracle to happen. In the fight for this miracle, we go to church and start donating money for pastors and the female followers offers their pussy to their pastors as well. This is a big shame on us because the British that brought Christianity into Africa don't practice Christianity like this. They don't believe in miracles but they explore and make the world a better place.

Alright... I think I agree with ur point...but I’m gonna be a bit long... please indulge me.

since u dropped relegion what have u invented to make Nigeria better....slow down, don’t get me wrong...I’m not trying to wash u, I’m trying to make a point.. I’m not even very religious...I do believe there’s an intelligence behind an intelligent creation.. we couldn’t have just arrived here by some random cosmic mistake... logically, that’s not even logical possible...
Having faith and practicing religion is like a hobby, hobby can’t stop u from getting to your goals and developing unless u are lazy and dull, that’s what Africans are we’ve being lazy and dull since time began...

all thanks to nature though that technically made us this way by giving us all the good thing on this side of the world... we had no reason to quickly think to circumvent the challenges of soil that has biotic and abiotic stress, winter, migration of animals due to cold and fish to the bottom of the lake when the top gets frozen...

don’t u wonder why the coldest part of the world taught of refridgirator first... u think it’s craving for cold water that caused it.... they had to cos it was the only way to preserve before they taught more and came up with better ways like genetic manipulation..it’s simple, necessity leads to Invention...
Corruption and evil mind set now sealed our problem more, we have always had it inside us, that’s what’s affecting black man now it has always been in us. long before relegion came we sold our fellow neighbors to the whites for mirror, comb, spoon... why?? Greed and wickedness..we sacrifice our neighbors, when slight scarcity of food came we became cannibals, or haven’t u heard some people who eat humans.??. that’s how bad we are at thinking.. did relegion say eat ur neighbour??

the third reason....is still back to the first point, nature made us that way... we are takers from nature we see something we take, we take, we don’t look for how to make it...that’s why we are so rich and still look for foreign aid, we are horrible, we are at the bottom of the food chain..it will take a lot to make us evolve and develop..eradicating religious Practice/hobby won’t put survival pressure on Africans and make them develop it sounds like a very stupid and fallaciously conclusive statement that if u eliminate religion it will automatically lead to development..it’s like saying if I give my cheating girlfriend more money she will no longer think of cheating...wake up, ur girlfriend is a bitchh that’s just likes to hop on multiple d!cks.

Don’t get deceived by the whites, we blacks are concluding wrongly conjuring an inverse relationship between development and relegion...while I partly agree that r legion has caged some people it has only caged people without vision or goal..

development is beyond science and tech.. development abroad has also ushered in strange practices like the gay lifestyle, transgender, gender fluidity where boys are raised as girls and vice versa administering biological blockers to children as early as 4 years just so we can have our desired gender outcome, Beastiality, cocaine is now getting legal, prostitution abortion, all this things are human nature that won’t thrive cos a lot of people are religious and will speak against it.
Just this year gay sex was introduced into schools of aged 4-10yrs old in the UK...the Muslims in Brighton countered it and protested making a sit at home order for their children, they had to shut it down in most of the schools.... these are the reason religion is fast being attacked and dropped people like to have fvck, get high, even kill with out being judged for it..don’t u get why their government has to come in to make everything legal, prostitution legal, drugs legal, gambling now legal.
it will soon even be okay to kill a new born baby that’s just 28days and below old, because it is believed A baby starts to have consciousness and considered human after the 29th or 30th day. Meaning, after u deliver and u realize u don’t want again, u can still kill it before day 29.. an atheist came up with that study and it’s being deliberated upon. It’s also development engineered towards population control
..whateva is wrong b4 can become fine once the government says so... relegion isn’t eradicated, it’s is rebranded as the government who gives us freedom to do what our derailed mind craves and cage us another way.. relegion never leaves, it’s always in plain sight
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by gly(m): 1:47pm On Jul 21, 2019
Not at all my fella, I am a christian and my concern is how our Christianity will get better. I have found a convincing encounter that justify why Christianity...christ-like is a practice to recon with. Those that are not in it is left for them. I am not a religious bigot so I cannot criticise other religion.
My prayer to those that are not ChristiansChristians iso that God should mqke them have an encounter just like Saul...Paul and they will be the once champion Jesus Christ's mandate without anyone pushing anyone to be Christians. Thanks God for holy spirit.

neoeverest:
What happened to Islam? Are you scared to criticize them? Because christainty is not voilent that is why you can talk anyhow Sha.
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by Mogajunior(m): 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2019
princeogbeide1:
So Africa as a continent is poor and backward because people go to church and donate money to pastors and female followers sleep with pastors. by dat, u r only attributing religion to Christianity forgetting we have Islam and others. think of it. how could all that be the reason Africa is backward. as far as am concern, it takes good leadership for a country to be developed. If Africa has creative, innovative and sincere leaders, I bet you it would be relatively better than wat it is today.
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by paxonel(m): 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2019
CodeTemplar:

They go to church and mosque for acceptance and not to worship in truth.
like every other religious people go to church or mosque for acceptance too.

Let's call a spade a spade, leaders are choosen from among the people.
If the people are having wrong mindset there is greater probability that leaders with wrong mindset will also be choosen from among them.
98% of Nigerian people are religious people, where do they get their wrong mindset from?
From their parents at home ofcourse.

Does religion have the capacity to correct the mindset of the populace?
Ofcourse they do, going by the content of their religious holy books. Jesus Christ preached love, Muhammad preached peace.
But does our religious leaders making use of these great values of the religious books to teach people effectively?
The answer is capital no!
They will rather inculcate the faulty values of African tradition against the love and peace of Jesus Christ and Muhammad respectively, why?
Because they want to please the people and their tradition.
See adeboye, oyedepo and kumuyi for example, they are all very traditional and cultural inclined against ethics and love.

How can you be praying that your enemy should die for you to prosper?

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by Tellemall: 1:57pm On Jul 21, 2019
mmsen:

What Africans were being hunted. Where is your source? Most Roman brutality was focused on Europe, we have evidence for such. Your claims about Africa smell like lies.

Africans were hunted. That you have not seen it does not make it a lie. I am not obligated to give you a source for everything you do not know. It is in your library.

Read some more.
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by paxonel(m): 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2019
Tellemall:

So does that mean that they steal money because they are religious or it simply means that you can be a religious thief and the two are mutually exclusive qualities of an individual?
the two are mutually exclusive.
That's why when you get to places like Dubai, government don't misappropriate public fund inspite that they are very religious people
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by Firebomber: 2:10pm On Jul 21, 2019
otokx:
I don't know about atheists but Nigerian churches need to reevaluate their mode of operations especially in contribution to society development.

None of the mainstream Nigerian churches have come out to denounce and condemn Big Brother Nigeria, Betting/gambling and Yahoo Yahoo.

Every Sunday the people go to Church for hours.

And what make you think they didn't condemned those?

I guess they have to come online like your mumuric to display there stupidity...

Simple.. They don't come out to condemned them because they know that we are in a secular country where anyone can do anything that they like.. Or have you visit any church and you see that they are telling you that watching BBN and gambling is right before... Mtcheew.
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by Firebomber: 2:15pm On Jul 21, 2019
AkhereOkaka:

Note that our leaders are more product of the two major religion practise in Africa(Christianity and Islam) than politics we should be objective when coming up with right up. Not that I'm against religion but the way it is practise in Africa. If you've left the shore of Africa(Nigeria) you will understand. Africans has enslaved themselves because of religion they've refuse to be objective in their thinking and i stand to be corrected by this. The Europeans who brought Christianity to us does not practise it same way we do and they are progressing

And when did European become the guides on how to practice Christianity?

You people just like to behave like an educated illiterate.
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by TommyAnthem(m): 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2019
Even in the western world we still have such deviants, haven't you heard of David koresh, of the shepherds rod? were they not westerners,
except you want to tell me another thing, I heap all the blame on our political leaders cos they have enormous power and influence to steer the ship of nationhood either to wreck or berth safely.
Funaki:

Some churches don't subscribe to drugs. I knew one church during my childhood, they don't go to hospital, even during child birth, they believe it's against their faith. There's another group that don't allow blood transfusion, even at the point of death. It's in africa you'll hear people drinking jik or eating grass for deliverance, these beliefs are against proper education.
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by joepepsy(m): 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2019
With all due respect all that is bushit.
afroxyz:

Idiot. Have you gone to the creeks of Niger delta to see how they refine oil locally?

Was it the white man that taught us the Nuoe and Nok how to do blacksmithery?

Was it the white that developed systems of writing such as Nsibidi?

Was it the white that developed the igbo calendar that has 4 days which even equates with the present day calendar?

Have you even heard of the Dogon of Mali who are known for their accurate astronomical calculations.

You are referring to the whites that just recently decided to empower their women when in Africa women were leading wars.

You are just a nincompoop suffering from inferiority complex.

Stop WATCHING CNN and go and study your history
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by TemmyT002(m): 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2019
Religion is never the problem
Humans are.
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 21, 2019
Mogajunior:
No doubt you made some valid point concerning the ills of religion in our society today. But in my opinion, religion cannot be said to be the reason Africa is under developed. The major challenge rest squarely on the failure in leadership.

U don't know Jack about the problems of Africa.

The foundational problem in Africa is the colonialism.

Colonialism came with religion.
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 21, 2019
TemmyT002:
Religion is never the problem
Humans are.

Religion has always been the number1 problem of mankind
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by musicwriter(m): 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2019
The cause of backwardness in Africa is LANGUAGE, EDUCATION, RELIGION. In that order.

Our leaders did not fell from the sky, they're all Christian or Muslim. That should tell you religion is a problem not a solution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by Gananaira: 2:46pm On Jul 21, 2019
Luthercboi:
Guys if you have heard about forex but you don’t know how it works

It a market that controls 5.3 trillion per day
And that a good place to make money

message me via WhatsApp @ 07015421422
They’ll be a lecture there by 4pm (FREE )

Briefing you about the basic of forex and to raise money from there with just RISK MANAGEMENT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH6nZWLnzoU
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by TemmyT002(m): 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Religion has always been the number1 problem of mankind

Wrong sir
Humans and their decisions are the problem
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by CodeTemplar: 2:49pm On Jul 21, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Stop being silly.
Yes whites sold themselves to blacks n Arabs so keep mute.
Proof?
Re: Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are by Image123(m): 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2019
Of course, religion is not the problem. Places like China, UAE, Saudi Arabia, USA, UK, Italy, Egypt, Spain have shown development and industry despite religion. The problem is that religion is an easy tool to use and achieve many aims. So the leaders and the led use religion for their selfish gain.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Explains Wife's Early Delivery / What Does The Bible Say About Selling, Harvest And Bazaar In Church? / How T.B Joshua Leads Nigeria’s Religious Tourism Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.