Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,490 members, 7,816,157 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Help, I'm An Alcoholic! - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, I'm An Alcoholic! (31921 Views)

Help! I'm Feeling Guilty Of Ruining Someone's Marriage / Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder / Help I'm Pregnant For A Married Man. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Sammycee: 9:23am On Jul 23, 2019
Stop being senseless
missimelda01:
She came here to seek help cos she knows the danger of being an alcoholic, are you providing a solution? Or what do I call this one
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by missimelda01(f): 10:36am On Jul 23, 2019
And who's this sensible person that doesn't know how to mind his business undecided

I wasn't quoting you fool
Sammycee:
Stop being senseless
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Holypriesthood: 6:01pm On Jul 23, 2019
Hi dear, you have taken a huge step coming out here to share you problem. It's means your solution is closer to you then you think. this type of addiction is not something you can do on your own or with ideas here. The best place you need to go and open up is a spirit filled church. The church is like a hospital. When I say church I mean the real church not all these fake ones we hear about. There is nothing God cannot do. We have heard testimonies of several addictions gone just by the touch of God. Winners is a good church, Dominion city too. I am sure of these two because I have attended them for years and I have seen the miraculous works of our lord Jesus Christ. Addiction is demonic. Anything beyond your control is not ordinary. There are departments in these churches that will see you through these process even to monitor you daily. Please locate one around you. You can send your WhatsApp number to me so that we can chat more ok?
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by glowingflame7: 11:46pm On Jul 23, 2019
Be genuinely born again.
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 24, 2019
tofolo:
brother, we have some rehabilitation centres in Nigeria, that can help.
are u sure we have rehabitation centers for chronic alcoholics in nigeria? iyam asking cos alcoholism and drunkiness is regarded as a normal tin in nigeria.when we see a well dressed man vomiting and pissing all over himself in d gutter or taking drunken steps we say he's flexing life. ur friend will even be encouraging u to drink more that u can handle.i am glad op accepts she has a problem cos taking excessive alcohol into ur system is an open invitation to diseases like diabetes,kidney failure,liver failure,hypertension and wat have u.her pastor or family doctor would have been of help cos i doubt if we have functional rehabitation centers in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 24, 2019
kiddkash:

alcoholism is not a disease to cure, its a symptom for you to manage. all you is will power. reduce the amount of intake by 50%, then 30% then 10%.people always drink alcohol throughput their lifetime and they live long lives
nothing bad if someone drinks but control is key.the last time i drank was four yrs ago at a friend's party and it was just a canned drink. but some ppl morning,afternoon,evening they are guzzling bottles upon bottles of beer.some guys after finishing from work in d evening they cant complete their day without visiting d beer palour and consuming about seven bottles a day .u can imagine for 6 days a week,30 days a month.na d kidneys and liver go hear am at d end of d day.by the time the person reaches 50yrs of age he will be unable to control his bladder.
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by tofolo(m): 1:54pm On Jul 24, 2019
lefulefu:
are u sure we have rehabitation centers for chronic alcoholics in nigeria? iyam asking cos alcoholism and drunkiness is regarded as a normal tin in nigeria.when we see a well dressed man vomiting and pissing all over himself in d gutter or taking drunken steps we say he's flexing life. ur friend will even be encouraging u to drink more that u can handle.i am glad op accepts she has a problem cos taking excessive alcohol into ur system is an open invitation to diseases like diabetes,kidney failure,liver failure,hypertension and wat have u.her pastor or family doctor would have been of help cos i doubt if we have functional rehabitation centers in nigeria.
We have in Plateau State a friend of mine just came out. besides see link below.

https://www.legit.ng/1136540-10-rehabilitation-centres-nigeria-location.html
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2019
tofolo:
We have in Plateau State a friend of mine just came out. besides see link below.

seriously?? so wr have centers for alcoholics? if dis is true then some good changes are happenin in nigeria.
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by tofolo(m): 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2019
lefulefu:
seriously?? so wr have centers for alcoholics? if dis is true then some good changes are happenin in nigeria.
even drug abuse brother, see link below

RCCG have even opened one also, we even have one at Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2019
tofolo:

i have seen the link.we need more of this in nigeria.it will help a lot of ppl especially alcoholics and drug addicts.
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by tofolo(m): 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2019
lefulefu:
i have seen the link.we need more of this in nigeria.it will help a lot of ppl especially alcoholics and drug addicts.
Thanks boss especially in the north, if you see the way youngsters abuse these substances its really bad. And those that genuinely want to stop cant because no awareness about these rehab centers
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Dannywayne21(m): 10:20am On Aug 17, 2019
Download this book called "The power of Habit" on Google playstore apps. also advised to go for deliverance. anything needed, contact me : Danny Joshua @ Facebook/ 09071601735 @ WhatsApp
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by ashleysummer: 10:26am On Aug 30, 2019
If alcohol is negatively affecting your life : you miss work, harms relationships etc, you need a serious help. If it does then you have a problem with alcohol. You may be an alcoholic. I just googled and found an interesting article on how to stop drinking alcohol http://addictionresource.com/alcohol/treatment/how-to-quit-drinking/ . Hope this helps and keep us posted on your struggle
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by DeeMain(m): 10:49am On Aug 30, 2019
I'm wondering how you are doing with your breaking the alcoholism habit. Are you making progress?

Because if you are not you might need some help. PM me if you do nèed help. I can help you. I do therapy part time. And yes, you can remain anonymous.
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by lmaomenimen: 11:09am On Jun 15, 2020
Hi, I understand you, I had in past same situation in my 20s . I was addicted and when I was out with friends but we did it very often, I can not start to be relaxed or start to smile. With time I understood that that is not good cause alcohol was for me like a way of feeling good and I have started to use it every time it is possible. It was great that very soon I understood that it is not ok and strange what I am doing and I do not have future if I drink so much. In last 3 months of my addiction I was dinking for day at least 0.5/1 l of alcohol (beer, wine, vodka, whiskey and so on... ) My suggestion is to start to think in another way , that was how I stopped my addiction. I found how to help an alcoholic and that has changed my mind. You need to start to think that there are a lot of other possibilities to run away from your problems, depression or there are other possibilities to be happy with your friends than to drink like an animal. You need to focus your time on other things such as sport or you can find a job. When you are busy you do not have time to think on another things. Yes I understand it is difficult and most difficult thing is to start to change yourself. Good luck!
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by JavieCoentr: 11:10am On Jun 17, 2020
lmaomenimen:
Hi, I understand you, I had in past same situation in my 20s . I was addicted and when I was out with friends but we did it very often, I can not start to be relaxed or start to smile. With time I understood that that is not good cause alcohol was for me like a way of feeling good and I have started to use it every time it is possible. It was great that very soon I understood that it is not ok and strange what I am doing and I do not have future if I drink so much. In last 3 months of my addiction I was dinking for day at least 0.5/1 l of alcohol (beer, wine, vodka, whiskey and so on... ) My suggestion is to start to think in another way , that was how I stopped my addiction. I found how to help an alcoholic and that has changed my mind. You need to start to think that there are a lot of other possibilities to run away from your problems, depression or there are other possibilities to be happy with your friends than to drink like an animal. You need to focus your time on other things such as sport or you can find a job. When you are busy you do not have time to think on another things. Yes I understand it is difficult and most difficult thing is to start to change yourself. Good luck!
Hey, it is good that there are people that want to help others to get rid of the addiction, you made the world better.
Re: Help, I'm An Alcoholic! by Just2endowed2(m): 5:32pm On Jun 24, 2020
me that doesnt drink at all nko? i think thats my addiction. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Army Colonel And Wife Welcome Twins After 12 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? / I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.