Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,758 members, 7,840,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

What Does It Mean To Be Broke? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does It Mean To Be Broke? (1476 Views)

how Should I react !!!!! Help!!!!! What does it mean to be a water child? / What Does It Mean When A Girl Calls You Dear? / Sex On First Visit. Does It Mean She Is Cheap? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean To Be Broke? by Sarang(f): 4:01am On Jul 24, 2019
Okay
I know I hear this a lot but I honestly do not understand the true definition of the term, broke. I don’t mean a guy who is lazy.. or a woman who is looking for men to feed her kinda terms.
I mean in all realness who can be said to be broke?
Someone who has no money, no investment, and no income stream? Or someone who has either investment or legit income stream but no savings?

I don’t get it truly. I’m broke. He’s broke and so on and so forth are words people including me use daily.. but I don’t get it.
If the former definition is true, I doubt there is any Nigerian who is actually really broke.

Enlighten me guys please. What does it mean to be broke. Please use understandable terms and be reasonable.

P.s check out my signature and save me from going brokesmiley

@lalasticlala Goodmorning sir

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Be Broke? by issylarry(m): 5:32am On Jul 24, 2019
U wan use am rate d new guy wey dey eye u abi

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Be Broke? by CaZmir: 6:46am On Jul 24, 2019
sad
Broke people are those that live in the street's of BROOKLYN, some are brokers.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Be Broke? by CodeTemplar: 7:55am On Jul 24, 2019
Sarang:
Okay
I know I hear this a lot but I honestly do not understand the true definition of the term, broke. I don’t mean a guy who is lazy.. or a woman who is looking for men to feed her kinda terms.
I mean in all realness who can be said to be broke?
Someone who has no money, no investment, and no income stream? Or someone who has either investment or legit income stream but no savings?

I don’t get it truly. I’m broke. He’s broke and so on and so forth are words people including me use daily.. but I don’t get it.
If the former definition is true, I doubt there is any Nigerian who is actually really broke.

Enlighten me guys please. What does it mean to be broke. Please use understandable terms and be reasonable.

P.s check out my signature and save me from going brokesmiley
Broke is relative. I could mean no money to flex with for a loose person or no money to pay bills for a serious person.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Be Broke? by Sarang(f): 3:25pm On Jul 24, 2019
CaZmir:
sad

Broke people are those that live in the street's of BROOKLYN, some are brokers.

Lmao
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Broke? by Sarang(f): 3:25pm On Jul 24, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Broke is relative. I could mean no money to flex with for a loose person or no money to pay bills for a serious person.

Thank you.
But when people call you broke, from what perspective do they generally mean?
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Broke? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 24, 2019
Being broke means no source of income, in other word no activity going on in your account, no cash flow.

No cash at hand or in bank.

Little cash to last you a week

no saving or little saving

surving with loans

being broke is broad, could mean many stuff.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Be Broke? by Martinez39(m): 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2019
I use being broke to mean no cash with you and in your bank account to meet your basic needs sufficiently and no cash source to salvage your situation anytime soon.

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Be Broke? by 2dice01: 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2019
presently am broke cus have only 500naira with me

and my Atm card is miles away

i cannot even mistakenly hit omo eleyin lipsrsealed in peace

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Be Broke? by Sexxkillz: 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2019

Not being able to afford the things you used to... You used to be able to buy this and that but now you cannot because your acct balance would be depleted

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Be Broke? by Sarang(f): 5:31am On Sep 06, 2019
Sexxkillz:

Not being able to afford the things you used to... You used to be able to buy this and that but now you cannot because your acct balance would be depleted

Thanks
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Broke? by Loooooooogstory: 9:46am On Feb 06, 2020
Sarang:

Thank you.
But when people call you broke, from what perspective do they generally mean?
Being broke is used to describe financial situations and it could be classified into various context.
1. When you use the word "broke" to address your current situation. It means you used to have substantial amount on you and being comfortable. But at the moment, you are not financially capable to solve most of your immediate needs.

2. When you are addressed as "broke" from a second person / third person perspective. It's either as a subtle jab about your financial predicaments and to hit your ego (an act perpetrated mostly by the female). But it's a word used to remind you of your ability. Like my people say, "you no fit carry wetin pass you".

3. "I am broke". When said in a frustrating and pathetic manner, the truth is, the person has never truly have anything in a long time. I mean, absolutely nothing in a very long time and he/she has been floating through life.

In all, being broke could be temporary or prolonged. It takes alot of courage and luck to over come such phase.

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Be Broke? by Flakkygees(f): 9:51am On Feb 06, 2020
It has been explained well in previous post , someone who has enough money to buy ram before wey no come fit buy 50naira meat on him rice , hope that explains it better

Between I see braided wigs to avoid been broke

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

All Women Need To Read This!!! / He Wants To Forfeit His Job And Life In Nigeria For A Rich Stranger / Poor Men Love Big Breasts, The Rich Prefer Them Smaller –study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.