Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell (11941 Views)

BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead / Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 / Cecilia Ibru Turns Evangelist, Relocates To Her Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by na2day(m): 3:00am On Oct 16, 2010
When Justice Dan Abutu sentenced former Oceanic Bank Plc managing director, Mrs. Cecilia Ibru to 18 months imprisonment last Friday, after the accused pleaded guilty to three of the 25 charges brought against her, he made a pronouncement: The convict should be taken to prison and after two hours she should be taken to hospital.

Saturday Sun gathered that as the judged order, Mrs. Ibru was taken to Kirikiri Prison, Lagos from the court premises, after the judgment and thereafter moved to what would serve as her prison cell for now, after she was book as a prison inmate. The former bank chief executive was moved to an elite medical centre, Reddington Hospital, Victoria Island, Lagos, where he is receiving treatment for an undisclosed ailment. She would remain in the hospital until doctors certify her fit to be discharged.

The Reddington Multi-special Hospital, located at 12, Idowu Martins Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, is a newly built nine-floor medical centre. It is on the site of the previous renowned Cardiac Centre and provides fully comprehensive tertiary hospital solution in all medical fields.
Investigation revealed that a standard ward in the hospital goes for between N30, 000 and N90, 000 per night. One of these rooms, which the accounts officer referred to as Josephine Ward, goes for as low as N30, 000, for Nigerians, while the prestigious Royal Suite goes for N90, 000 per night.
Checks at the hospital revealed that the hospital is well organised and has the elite and rich Nigerians as clients. To show how classy the hospital is, visitors are thoroughly screened before being allowed access.

Owing to Mrs. Ibru’s presence, security has been beefed up, thereby making entry into the hospital difficult. Those who are deemed not to have genuine businesses into the hospital, are denied entry. Those who are visiting patients are only allowed in if clearance is got from persons on admission.
It was gathered that Mrs. Ibru is in one of the Royal Suites in the hospital and being watched by prison warden. The warden restricts access to her in the hospital, except to doctors from Reddington Hospital and the prison. Before any visitor is allowed access to her room, such a person has to write to the prison and if approval is given, he/she would see the prisoner.

When Saturday Sun sought to know why Mrs. Ibru is still in hospital, one week after her sentence, the Lagos Prison Command Public Relations Officer, Ope Fatinikun, said that the law permits that. According to him, the prisons activities are guided by the law, adding that the prison was only obeying the instruction of the judge that the convict should be taken to hospital.

He, however, said that the Lagos Prison has good medical facility to take care of prison inmates. “We have medical professionals, whose duty is to ensure that all medical issues are promptly attended to. We are under the law and answerable to the law. The judgment said that she should be kept in that hospital. We had no choice but to obey. When she was convicted, the prison officials did their job while she was moved to the hospital immediately,” he said.
The prison PRO also said that now that Mrs. Ibru is on admission, the hospital has become an extension of the prison.

He said: “The truth is that prison is an extension of the prison; over there our wardens are there to ensure that she is restricted within the confinement of the prison. There are also security men to ensure compliance and no one can have access to her except through us. The person is expected to apply and if she gives her consent, the visitor would be granted access. We hope that as soon as she recovers, she would be transferred female prison.”

Since the hospital is an extension of the prison, does it mean that the prison authorities would pick the bills?
Fatinikun explained that the Nigerian prison would not pay a dime since Mrs. Ibru was not admitted in the prison hospital.
How would the prison know when Mrs. Ibru is fit to leave the hospital? Fatinikun said that wardens and doctors are monitoring he progress.
“We have our prison warden in the room with her and our team of doctors do visit her to certify when she can be transferred to the female prison,” he said.
[size=15pt]A prison warden, who pleaded anonymous, told Saturday Sun that the former bank chief’s stay in hospital is bad news for the prison, as her presence within the confine of the prison could cause the improvement of the facilities.

She said: “It would have been a good one at least for the female prisons. The male prison has received a lot of changes because of the category of inmates that were convicted. The female inmates were rejoicing when they heard that Ibru was convicted but all got sad when the news came that she might not see the four walls of the prison. It is really unfortunate.”
[/size]

Ibru had pleaded guilty to three of 25 count charges of fraud and mismanagement. She was sentenced to six months imprisonment on each of the charge, which would run concurrently.

In sentencing her, Justice Abutu ordered that the former bank chief should forfeit property and assets valued at N199 billion.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2010/oct/16/newsbreak-16-10-2010-001.htm
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by na2day(m): 3:08am On Oct 16, 2010
I weep for Nigerian justice system cry
Someone once said "the easiest way to rob a bank, is to have one!"
and the punishment? a jail in comfort, she should have been sent to kirikiri and a doctor sent to attend to her there!
But this is unbelievable!
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2010
it would be healthier for the fat biatch to be remanded in kirikiri - she'd loose some of that adipose right quick - cheaper too, no need to pay surgeons for liposuction
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by gidson12(m): 2:46pm On Oct 16, 2010
secret cow treatment sad
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by krazynaija(m): 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2010
This is why i MUST be rich!
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by lovejo(m): 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2010
this is evidence that nothing good can come out of nigeria.
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by HOTsnow(m): 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2010
Hmmm:::after being sentence to 18 mnths in prison(apprx 9mnths in naija)CECILiar Ibru wil be in a v.i.p lodge in d so calld hospital and d wardens wil now be her servicemen/boi boi::Mr Omosetan Omorele Omoyorun wey get cardiac arrest after bn sentence to 20 yrs im prison pelu ishe ashekara bt denied to see his herbalist::is d shrine nt an extension of d prison too:::
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by HOTsnow(m): 4:00pm On Oct 16, 2010
Hmmm:::after being sentence to 18 mnths in prison(apprx 9mnths in naija)CECILiar Ibru wil be in a v.i.p lodge in d so calld hospital and d wardens wil now be her servicemen/boi boi::Mr Omosetan Omorele Omoyorun wey get cardiac arrest after bn sentence to 20 yrs im prison pelu ishe ashekara bt denied to see his herbalist::is d shrine nt an extension of d prison too:::
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by surveycash(m): 4:06pm On Oct 16, 2010
krazynaija:

LWKMD
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by sley4life(m): 4:25pm On Oct 16, 2010
Damn
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by ralphaello: 4:28pm On Oct 16, 2010
being a nigerian is a shame cry
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by na2day(m): 4:30pm On Oct 16, 2010
krazynaija:

Justice is only for the rich
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by krazynaija(m): 4:40pm On Oct 16, 2010
Yes o! poor men die in prison waiting for trial n dis one get vip where she dey pay minimum 30k per night? mehn!
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by GeorgeD1(m): 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2010
na wa oooo!
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by na2day(m): 4:54pm On Oct 16, 2010
With this travesty, i think nigeria should release all those in prisons, who are having one ailment or d other to serve their terms in any hospital of their choice!

Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by buzugee(m): 4:56pm On Oct 16, 2010
come on now. yall didnt think she will be thrown in the same jail with the talikas of the society did you ? grin grin do you think lindsay lohan and paris hilton were thrown in the same jail with esmeralda and shaniqua ? why yall acting surprised ? its the global way of incarceration. the rich are kept in a cooling house while the poor are thrown to the wolves.  cheesy
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by buzugee(m): 5:01pm On Oct 16, 2010
na2day, abeg how you dey get those pics ? what site ? grin
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by na2day(m): 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2010
buzugee:

come on now. yall didnt think she will be thrown in the same jail with the talikas of the society did you ? grin grin do you think lindsay lohan and paris hilton were thrown in the same jail with esmeralda and shaniqua ? why yall acting surprised ? its the global way of incarceration. the rich are kept in a cooling house while the poor are thrown to the wolves.  cheesy

Fork the 9ja justice system

Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by sulad82i(m): 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2010
I guess its really good to be a rich person, even if it means u stole that money
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by na2day(m): 5:09pm On Oct 16, 2010
buzugee:

na2day, abeg how you dey get those pics ? what site ?  grin

http://jezebel.com/5664134/the-comprehensive-gif-glossary

take your fill!
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by buzugee(m): 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2010
na2day!:

Fork the 9ja justice system

grin grin grin yeah i bet bobby brown will like to fork cecilia ibru. he is into his older women. whitney houston comes to mind grin
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by buzugee(m): 5:30pm On Oct 16, 2010
na2day!:

http://jezebel.com/5664134/the-comprehensive-gif-glossary

take your fill!
good looking out playa  grin tis appreciated wink
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by buzugee(m): 5:38pm On Oct 16, 2010
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by na2day(m): 5:45pm On Oct 16, 2010
buzugee:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jezebel/2010/10/celinee21010.gif
this will not work !
1. right click on any of the image and copy the image address
2. click the insert image icon on your post,
3. paste the image address u copied from the gif in between
4. press post or reply or whatever!
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by buzugee(m): 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2010
na2day!:

this will not work !
1. right click on any of the image and copy the image address
2. click the insert image icon on your post,
3. paste the image address u copied from the gif in between
4. press post or reply or whatever!
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by buzugee(m): 5:56pm On Oct 16, 2010
na2day, you know they say everyday you learn new things ? well you have taught me something new today. thanks for the knowledge. hopefully i can use these on facebook grin
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by na2day(m): 6:01pm On Oct 16, 2010
you can use it anywhere! grin
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by statusuzo: 6:15pm On Oct 16, 2010
arrgh, ! na to send boko haram boys go rlease all those injustificially put in prison to suffer, kai. angry angry!
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by feliraph: 6:18pm On Oct 16, 2010
I pray for her health
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by na2day(m): 6:24pm On Oct 16, 2010
Pray for her health? angry when she was stealing money, there was no problem wit her health, its time to do the time, she's now sick!
I just hope she will do this and do us all a favour!
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by jamace(m): 6:26pm On Oct 16, 2010
I pray for her health
angry angry angry
Re: Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell by buzugee(m): 6:27pm On Oct 16, 2010
na2day!:

Pray for her health? angry when she was stealing money, there was no problem wit her health, its time to do the time, she's now sick!
I just hope she will do this and do us all a favour!
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

States With Signed 2018 Budgets In Nigeria (Infographic) / 2023: We’re Preparing For Possible Run-off In Presidential Election – INEC / INEC To Hold Supplementary Elections In Rivers State On Saturday April 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.