Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,376 members, 7,853,673 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:22 PM

Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father (8370 Views)

Soldiers Arrest 92 Herdsmen In Abuja / Soldiers Arrest Fleeing Boko Haram Terrorists, Kill Many Others (Graphic Pics) / Soldiers Arrest Boko Haram Financier (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2010
EzeUche0:

He is a priest for goodness sake. Even if the kidnappers confessed to him, he has to keep the vow of silence. Sorry but this is a separation between Church & State.
phreakabit:

Amongst the few intelligent and abundant numb skulls in here i single this out as the best quote

^^
Guy 2 Thumbs up!!!
Actually that was the most ignorant quote here. The vow of silence does not apply when the criminal is still engaged in criminal activities and is declared wanted by the police and when the lives and property of innocent citizens are being threatened.
In fact that smells like complicity.
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by chuqudy(m): 2:25pm On Oct 17, 2010
It is only anti-Catholics that can arrest a Reverend Father. It is also only anti-Catholics that have made comments in support of this act. I know the priest would be released but can they arrest an Imam in the north. How many Imams were arrested in the Jos crisis or during the bomb blast in Abuja?  Catholic priests are now like football which anyone can play any time any where and any how.  Imo governor Ohakim of recent undressed a Catholic Priest, gave him the beating of his life and locked him up. If the soldiers do not know what to do, they should better go back to abuja and catch all those imams and mallams whose mosques are close to the abuja bomb blast or around the Jos crisis areas.
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by ChinenyeN(m): 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2010
Hmm. . So, I guess this is what they meant by "declaring war" in Abia. . .
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by Rhea(f): 5:33pm On Oct 17, 2010
Anybody involved in kidnapping in any form or degree should be shot. No exceptions. Period!
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by Solomon227(m): 7:03pm On Oct 17, 2010
See how parochial-minded my brothers and sisters are. Many of us have been illusioned by religions. So a Catholic Priest shuld not b investigated just because he is a Priest? Even in the west many Catholic Priests have been prosecuted and convicted with various offences ranging from despoil to paedophilia. The last Papal visit to the UK witnessed many demonstration from Catholic faithful that think the Papacy isnt doing enough to expose way-ward Priests.
Brethren get it into yor heads Priests, Reverens, Pastors, Imams or whatever names they go by are human and fallible, like u and I,  and we shud stop vouching 4 them until we are sure justice has (not) been done or seemed (not) to hav been done like d learned-fellows will cry.
GEJ shuld pls extend the same energy and method into all facets of our existence. Let there be a total and comprehensive JTF operation to fish out Boko Harams in the North, Hired assassins in the west, and militants in the ND.
If the JTF can bring peace to Aba in few days they have taken over why shud they not b supported to bring peace to all d parts of the country. Afterall this is d primary assignment of the govt.
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by Ranoscky(m): 3:27am On Oct 18, 2010
Solomon227:

See how parochial-minded my brothers and sisters are. Many of us have been illusioned by religions. So a Catholic Priest shuld not b investigated just because he is a Priest? Even in the west many Catholic Priests have been prosecuted and convicted with various offences ranging from despoil to paedophilia. The last Papal visit to the UK witnessed many demonstration from Catholic faithful that think the Papacy isnt doing enough to expose way-ward Priests.
Brethren get it into yor heads Priests, Reverens, Pastors, Imams or whatever names they go by are human and fallible and we shud stop vouching 4 them until we are sure justice has been done or seemed to hav been done like d learned-fellows will cry.
GEJ shuld pls extend the same energy and method into all facets of our existence. Let there be a total and comprehensive JTF operation to fish out Boko Harams in the North, Hired assassins in the west, and militants in the ND.
If the JTF can bring peace to Aba in few days they have taken over why shud they not b supported to bring peace to all d parts of the country. Afterall this is d primary assignment of the govt.

First class quote !!! kiss

phreakabit:

Amongst the few intelligent and abundant numb skulls in here i single this out as the best quote

tensor777:

Actually that was the most ignorant quote here.
grin grin grin

Daz funny !
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 18, 2010
@chuqudy
It is only anti-Catholics that can arrest a Reverend Father. It is also only anti-Catholics that have made comments in support of this act. I know the priest would be released but can they arrest an Imam in the north. How many Imams were arrested in the Jos crisis or during the bomb blast in Abuja?  Catholic priests are now like football which anyone can play any time any where and any how.  Imo governor Ohakim of recent undressed a Catholic Priest, gave him the beating of his life and locked him up. If the soldiers do not know what to do, they should better go back to abuja and catch all those imams and mallams whose mosques are close to the abuja bomb blast or around the Jos crisis areas.

You are wrong brother. I am a Catholic and I see nothing wrong in the priests arrest. Anybody can be arrested in the course of an investigation. What should be availed the priest is a good counsel to avoid miscarriage of justice. His arrest has nothing to do with the church. What has someones religious profession got to do with criminal investigation.
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by phreakabit(m): 9:40am On Oct 18, 2010
Quote from: EzeUche0 on October 16, 2010, 05:26 PM
He is a priest for goodness sake. Even if the kidnappers confessed to him, he has to keep the vow of silence. Sorry but this is a separation between Church & State.
Quote from: phreakabit on Yesterday at 01:49:16 PM

^^
Guy 2 Thumbs up!!!
Actually that was the most ignorant quote here. The vow of silence does not apply when the criminal is still engaged in criminal activities and is declared wanted by the police and when the lives and property of innocent citizens are being threatened.
In fact that smells like complicity.

Actually your post seems as one made by and Ignorant, who has little or no regards for vows or promises. I am far from a Catholic and i couldn't give a rats backside about the Priests arrest. But he took a vow of silence, that's that.
Catholic laws go deeper than civil law they dont operate in "our" civilization
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 18, 2010
@ tensor777, which one be expantiate? And you said you're in England. Oyibo?
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by Guyman02: 10:58am On Oct 18, 2010
The fact is that the police were overwhelmed. People in Aba know this hide outs and the police cant get into those dens without them being killed, until the Feds came to the rescue. That priest seems to be the only one remaining in that village. All the people have disappeared to avoid indiscriminate arrest and gunshots from soldiers. Osisi ka nkwu, Stone and Susu ask Theodore Orji and Orji Uzor Kalu about there whereabouts because they used them to rig elections!
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by olybaby50(m): 11:01am On Oct 18, 2010
I know this sound crazy, but it's the truth. Catholics in the house reserve your tongue lashing for something else. I don't trust them Rev. Fathers and Fatherses for anything. Not until i caugth one bagging my bitch shocked, thats when i new most (Not all) of them are very useless. God have mercy
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by ducci: 11:04am On Oct 18, 2010
Baffles me how people are quick to jump to the defence of a suspect because he is a priest. Very surprising and stupid for someone to even be mentioning vow of silence, i can now imagine why the problem lingered for long in that area. Somebody even claimed he knows him personaly so he shuoldnt be arrested, shut up! Another said he is innocent because he does not collect funds for baptism etc in his former parish. One even said the jtf should go back to Abuja and stop making arrest. The mediocre comments are just too much that i now see why our dear country cant move forward, sentiments and ignorance has deeply eaten into our system, even more than corruption. Also amazing how some pessimist dont see anything good in the job carried out by security agencies. Some are so ignorant that they dont even know that the operations of the military is always deliberately planned before execution i.e with enough combat intelligence, not just jumping into a village and arresting or shooting everyone, as some are insinuating. Yes, there might be flaws but so it is with all armies, infact if you dont know 25% casualty is allowed in almost all operations. Its because of comments of ignorance from nigerians that the jtf in warri then had to activate her propaganda/psychological operations unit, because people were actualy stupidly believing the propaganda of the militants that they were winning the battle on jtf troops in the N/D, which was far from real, was just that JTF then wasnt orderd to take them out but figth only in the defensive. Please allow them to do their job as they know best, they will definately liberate abia without noise and return to their barracks. one thing is for sure, nigerian troops have never in history failed in any operation they have partaken in, just pray sha that you dont fall an innocent casualty. if u dont have a reasonable comment to make then keep quite and lets enjoy the battle and stop concluding like GEJ
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by KokoBeware: 11:18am On Oct 18, 2010
if the guy is even slightly involved in any kind of manner i think he should be shot and dragged in the street Rev. Father or NOT, all those that are in his defence have never had any relative kidnapped b4,

I had an aunt who was kidnapped and raped to death, her husband paid the ransom just to collect a dead wife,

i pray he is 100% innocent cos anythng short of that is no acceptable
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by slap1(m): 11:22am On Oct 18, 2010
The priest has been vindicated today. The press won't report that. Will give the gist later.
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by olybaby50(m): 11:26am On Oct 18, 2010
phreakabit:

Actually your post seems as one made by and Ignorant, who has little or no regards for vows or promises. I am far from a Catholic and i couldn't give a rats backside about the Priests arrest. But he took a vow of silence, that's that.
Catholic laws go deeper than civil law they dont operate in "our" civilization [b][/b]

Then they should not be operating in this present dispenstion grin
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by ud4u: 11:39am On Oct 18, 2010
Let them be sure before assulting people
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by IchieStan: 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2010
I thank God all these are happening and we are learning our lessons, if we care. However, those that have something against the Catholic Priesthood should better do something about it now lest they fall into the same sin of "INACTION" they are busy criticizing. My people, look around you first and find out all those who are doing what they ought not to and those who are not doing what they ought to and file your report now when there is still time. Else, JTF may catch up with you here or hereafter. The same scale which you use for others will surely be used for you. I wish you well.
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by petroy(m): 2:43pm On Oct 18, 2010
chuqudy:

Guy this your statement is VERY VERY wrong, if you say only anti-Catholics is permitted to arrest a Rev. Father, that mean he is above the law, @ chuqudy, i pray you are not kidnapped or any of your relations, then you will know the degree of what we are talking about here.

wynish87:

JTF should start packing if they've nothing more to do. That priest is innocent, I know him. He only came back from London last month.

we dont just decide like dat. the Nigeria govt. should find out the matter very well before the law.
@wynish87, i guess you are the judge of NL, go free him since he is innocent. If Henry Okah not in abroad, yet he bombing people here in Nigeria. Forget London and others.
Leave matter for cat to settle.
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by chines4(m): 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2010
What this anti-Catholic and pro-catholic statements.

Can we please allow the security agents to do their work. I'm a catholic and I don't believe that the priest is involve, but the security agent should be allowed to finish their investigation. Let us not add religious sentiment to issues.
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by Olaolufred(m): 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2010
The Priest is directly or indirectly a culprit in this case.

The Kidnappers road block is before his church- making the church part of their Amnesty Camp.

Some used cannons of ammunition was found in the church's compound.

The Church extends its water pipe outside the fence for the Kidnappers use.

MY INFERENCE:

(1) The Priest may be a direct member of the Gang (may be 20% posibility)
(2) The Priest may be aiding the Kidnappers(80% posibility).

Why would the Priest aid them? Probably because they are the main source of his Income or Church's Income.

Either way, Priest can never denied that he did not know such operations go on behind his Church.
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by chuqudy(m): 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2010
kITA TITA:

@chuqudy

You are wrong brother. I am a Catholic and I see nothing wrong in the priests arrest. Anybody can be arrested in the course of an investigation. What should be availed the priest is a good counsel to avoid miscarriage of justice. His arrest has nothing to do with the church. What has someones religious profession got to do with criminal investigation.
@NKITA abi KITA TITA
You are not a Catholic. If you were a Catholic you should have  been aware that there are things a Catholic priest can't do. A catholic priest can fall to sexual temptations because he is a sexual beign like every sexually normal human beign. But a Catholic priest can never be involved in harbouring and protecting hardened killers.

olybaby50:

I know this sound crazy, but it's the truth. Catholics in the house reserve your tongue lashing for something else. I don't trust them Rev. Fathers and Fatherses for anything. Not until i caugth one bagging my naughty woman shocked, thats when i new most (Not all) of them are very useless. God have mercy

By your words you shall be judged.
slap1:

The priest has been vindicated today. The press won't report that. Will give the gist later.
That is how the press has turned out to be.
petroy:

Guy this your statement is VERY VERY wrong, if you say only anti-Catholics is permitted to arrest a Rev. Father, that mean he is above the law, @ chuqudy, i pray you are not kidnapped or any of your relations, then you will know the degree of what we are talking about here.
@petroy
If you do not know what to say you should shot your mouth up. Did Rev. Father kidnap you. You bloody anti Catholic.
Olaolufred:

The Priest is directly or indirectly a culprit in this case.

The Kidnappers road block is before his church- making the church part of their Amnesty Camp.

Some used cannons of ammunition was found in the church's compound.

The Church extends its water pipe outside the fence for the Kidnappers use.

MY INFERENCE:

(1) The Priest may be a direct member of the Gang (may be 20% posibility)
(2) The Priest may be aiding the Kidnappers(80% posibility).

Why would the Priest aid them? Probably because they are the main source of his Income or Church's Income.

Either way, Priest can never denied that he did not know such operations go on behind his Church.
@Olaolufred
You are nothing but a confused mad man. You think that Catholic preists are like those spiritual high priests in your area.
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2010
Chuqudy, don't get insultive, get objective. Grow up.
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by petroy(m): 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2010
chuqudy:

@NKITA abi KITA TITA
You are not a Catholic. If you were a Catholic you should have  been aware that there are things a Catholic priest can't do. A catholic priest can fall to sexual temptations because he is a sexual beign like every sexually normal human beign. But a Catholic priest can never be involved in harbouring and protecting hardened killers.

By your words you shall be judged.That is how the press has turned out to be. @petroy
If you do not know what to say you should shot your mouth up. Did Rev. Father kidnap you. You bloody anti Catholic.@Olaolufred
You are nothing but a confused mad man. You think that Catholic preists are like those spiritual high priests in your area.

@chuqudy, you are getting this thing wrong, this is a matter of national security not Rev. Father, if he guilty let him face the charges.
However, i think you have something to do with the above Rev. Father chuqudy. God go punish you.
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by olybaby50(m): 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2010
petroy:

@chuqudy, you are getting this thing wrong, this is a matter of national security not Rev. Father, if he guilty let him face the charges.
However, i think you have something to do with the above Rev. Father chuqudy. God go punish you.

Ode! Get out of this room before i loose my temper. angry Analysing rubbish. OLODO
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by nomoreface: 6:26pm On Oct 18, 2010
If the news read: Mr X was arrested for , 
we would all say it serves him right!

If it reads: Mallam X, an Imam, was arrested ,
Boko Haram or terrorist, we will all shout!

If it reads: Mr. X, a Pastor, was arrested for ,
then we all will say I knew it!

Now the news reads Mr X, a Priest was arrested ,
then all hell breaks loose!

Haba, my Catholic brothers! Priests and pastors, Imams are 'anointed' men of God. but they can all go astray!!
the key word there is that they are men!!

The Authorities are very reluctant to move against any religous body or anyone one associated with them because of sentiments like these. But if their hands are forced then ,
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by JahMan1: 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2010
This is definitely not a good one for my Igbo/Catholic brothers.
I am from Abia State and do not mind who's arrested provided the investigation is clean of fraud and the state cleaned up of those evil men.
Just like others have said,they could have all jumped to shout 'crucify him' if it was one pastor of a 'new generation' pentecostal church.
These ardent catholics can even defend a priest that impreganted their own sister.
How I wish they could pledge such allegiance to the Almighty God.
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by Ranoscky(m): 7:31pm On Oct 18, 2010
No comment !!!
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 18, 2010
petroy:

see the way u go about disgracing urself, anyways I am not suprise u are still in ur early teen, u just go about saying God punish u to everyone GROW UP
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by Solomon227(m): 11:31pm On Oct 18, 2010
@ Chuqudi and Stacym

For all (including Priest, Pope, Pastors, Imam) have seen and come short of the glory of God. Priests including Catholic' or otherwise are all flesh and can make mistakes or orchestrate deliberate misdeeds.
I once visited a 'Kopa' friend, in my NYSC days in Plateau state, at a very wrong time. The community youths have attacked the Catholic chaplaincy and carted away about 2 point something Million Naira. I was lucky I came 2 hours later as all d Kopas staying in d Vicarage were beaten blue-black by d youth in case they tried to defend the Priest.
According d story d youths were annoyed that while d community wallows in poverty the Priest insist on raising fund to acquire a Jeep to aid his movement around d community. The money was contributed by artisans, farmers, and all kind of poverty-stricken people who can hardly afford 3 squared meal. This is not about Catholic or Protestant or Pentecostal but about highly-revered 'Men of God' taking advantage of people's poor condition to exploit them of their meagre income. We shud be asking 4 thorough investigation on d complicity of this priest in this case and not for his automatic exoneration just because he is a Priest.
Our Christian allegiance shuld b to God and not to an individual or a Church.
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by ridgeman: 4:03am On Oct 19, 2010
Wow of all the people they could have arrested the biggest they found was a Priest!!!!

Guilty or not when an entire state is at the mercy of kidnappers I would expect a string of the usual suspects e.g. corrupt policemen, rogue politicians and their supporters, disgruntled employees (private and public), unemployed university graduates, ex-convicts, discharged soldiers etc etc
Re: Kidnapping: Soldiers Arrest Reverend Father by manosteel(m): 9:17am On Oct 19, 2010
From what i can see, the only offence this man commited was that the kidnappers had their check point close to his church and that they sourced their water from the bore hole in his church. Does that make him a kidnapper? What about the church members who had to pass through those check points to attend church services, aren't they kidnappers? We all know how dangerous these guys are, even in the village were they operate, the villagers cannot speak because, no one can deliver them from the kidnappers wrath. Once you are suspected to be an informant, you are gone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo vs Goodluck Jonathan / Nigeria To Stop Fuel Importation By 2019 – Kachikwu / What My Government Will Do If I’m Elected As President – Ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.