Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,474 members, 7,861,369 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:52 AM

Woman Donates Her Kidney To Her Ex Five Years After Divorce - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Woman Donates Her Kidney To Her Ex Five Years After Divorce (926 Views)

Woman Dumped After Donating Her Kidney To Her Boyfriend (Photos) / Wife Runs Away With A Man She Claimed Raped Her Five Years Ago / Lady Begs Her Ex Who Wants To Leak Her Nudes For Cheating With 2 Of His Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Donates Her Kidney To Her Ex Five Years After Divorce by MGab25(m): 5:01am On Jul 31, 2019
A Selfless woman has been praised after she took it upon herself to donate her kidney to her ex-husband, 5 years after their Divorce.

The woman, Kelly Hope is 43 years while her ex-husband Dan Pyatt is 44 Years-old and they fell in love with each other when they were 18 and got married 14 years later, and that’s around 2007.

Less than a year after their marriage, Dan Pyatt fell seriously ill with an aggressive type of kidney disease, and around September 2017 he was told by medics that his kidney function had fallen to just 8% and thereafter he was put on dialysis. He was also put on a Deceased donor waiting list.

The ex-couple divorced around 2012 due to some unresolved incompatibility issues but they both still got a thing deep down for each other. Even after their divorce, they remained friends and visit each other sometimes.

Dan Pyatt was on the waiting list for up to 12 months but got no donor and when his ex-wife Kelly heard about it, she decided to donate her kidney to him. Kelly told Dan about her intention but he declined the favour and asked her not to worry about it, but she was determined as she went ahead to donate her kidney to him.

According to Kelly, she could remember telling her ex-husband as thus; “I’m going to get tested for a transplant.”, and then “He said to me, ‘I can’t ask you to do that’. But I told him, ‘It’s not up to you. It’s my decision. I know what the risks are and I’m doing it.’

“Even though we weren’t together any more, I wasn’t prepared to let my children be without a father.”

When asked about why they got divorced at initial, she replied as thus;

“We had different priorities, life pressures, work patterns. I was a PA at the time and Dan was a taxi driver so we were like ships in the night. We didn’t just walk away, but in the end, we realised we couldn’t keep going around in circles.

“It was making the atmosphere at home horrible. It wasn’t healthy for the children, so we both decided it would be best to separate.”

After Kelly Offered to donate her kidney, tests were run on her and the doctor found out that her blood and that of Dan Pyatt weren’t a match, and so they concluded to do a blood-incompatible transplant which involves removing antibodies from the blood to prevent rejection.

The transplant went successful and Dan Pyatt was discharged 5 days later.

Shedding more light on why she offered the favour, Kelly said as thus; “To me, I was giving a kidney to the father of my children and the best friend I’ve had since I was 11. We might not be married now, but we’re still very much a family and I had to make that sacrifice to keep our family together.”

Speaking about Kelly’s selflessness, Dan Pyatt was quoted as saying; “It was truly a selfless act, to put your own life on the line to help someone else is amazing. Kelly will always be my hero.”

Read More Here- https://www.yugo.com.ng/woman-donates-her-kidney-to-her-ex-five-years-after-divorce/

CC: Lalasticlala , Mynd44 , Dominique
Re: Woman Donates Her Kidney To Her Ex Five Years After Divorce by MGab25(m): 5:01am On Jul 31, 2019
Re: Woman Donates Her Kidney To Her Ex Five Years After Divorce by YugoMagazine: 5:04am On Jul 31, 2019
Where's my Girlfriend? Oya "Baby with the Love I have for you, I can give you my Kidney wink" grin grin
Re: Woman Donates Her Kidney To Her Ex Five Years After Divorce by ojay2053(m): 5:11am On Jul 31, 2019
Wow... this is so deep cry
Re: Woman Donates Her Kidney To Her Ex Five Years After Divorce by Nobody: 5:17am On Jul 31, 2019
angry angry

What was the reason for the divorce in the first place

For her to donate her kidney, shows there's still love between them.

Instead of settling their differences, they went ahead to divorce.. Divorce is now a joke nowadays angry
Re: Woman Donates Her Kidney To Her Ex Five Years After Divorce by Untainted007: 5:24am On Jul 31, 2019
When oyinbo divorce themselves no be into enmity, they still communicate from time to time and more so, there reasons for divorce is always to their best self interest. No be here in Africa most especially Nigeria, if couple divorces themselves, even the parents may cease to communicate. The only time they seem to communicate is when likely the children in d union is about to get married and their father or mother needs to be represented.

1 Like

Re: Woman Donates Her Kidney To Her Ex Five Years After Divorce by cenaman(m): 5:58am On Jul 31, 2019
If naija babe her friends will say no try am oo.
Re: Woman Donates Her Kidney To Her Ex Five Years After Divorce by Oche211(m): 6:27am On Jul 31, 2019
YugoMagazine:
Where's my Girlfriend? Oya "Baby with the Love I have for you, I can give you my Kidney wink" grin grin
Kidney ke? Nigerian ladies won't value such sacrifice. She'll definitely leave u for a richer dude.
Just give her plenty money.
Re: Woman Donates Her Kidney To Her Ex Five Years After Divorce by vastolord4(m): 6:39am On Jul 31, 2019
Big excuse. Just go back and work things out.. see love in their eyes
Re: Woman Donates Her Kidney To Her Ex Five Years After Divorce by ubunja(m): 6:51am On Jul 31, 2019
So she did it for her kids......next!
Re: Woman Donates Her Kidney To Her Ex Five Years After Divorce by Kingluqman(m): 7:24am On Jul 31, 2019
9ja women... dem go don japa!! Even if kids dey between them

grin
Re: Woman Donates Her Kidney To Her Ex Five Years After Divorce by drginger(f): 7:48am On Jul 31, 2019
Are you kidneying me? Lol. But this is nice, it means they were so matured about their differences, they understood that they are individually good people but just have differences, obviously she loves her kids and stil see her ex husband as a true friend. But can I do this? cheesy
Re: Woman Donates Her Kidney To Her Ex Five Years After Divorce by SODbaba2(m): 8:32am On Jul 31, 2019
ChemBrodar:
angry angry

What was the reason for the divorce in the first place

For her to donate her kidney, shows there's still love between them.

Instead of settling their differences, they went ahead to divorce.. Divorce is now a joke nowadays angry
Can't u read and understand?

(1) (Reply)

Ned Nwoko Pictured Smiling Sheepishly As Regina Daniels Sits Comfortably On His / The Stress That Comes With Sex As A Female Is Not Talked About Enough / South African Lady Fingers Herself On Live Video(18+ Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.