Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

I And My Fiance Are Both AS - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I And My Fiance Are Both AS (3586 Views)

These How I And My Girl Are Enjoying Our Val Right Now / "My Fiance Fixed Our Wedding, But Secretly Married Another" - Lady (Photos) / Lady Drags Fiance On The Floor In Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Rajman45(m): 10:32am On Jul 31, 2019
Good day everyone... I really need a honest advice and possibly solution to this my problem. Am seriously going insane gradually on this topic.
I and my fiance love each other so much, but we recently found out we are both AS. We have done our introduction, and seriously planning for our wedding in few months time.
I really don't know what to do right now. I learnt that the first 3 kids of AS+AS match are AA, AS and AS, then the fourth will be SS.... Is that true?. I need sincere help and advice from people who might have experience it, doctors and the entire good people of nairaland.
Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by annford: 10:38am On Jul 31, 2019
Please my dear brother, do not go ahead and marry her. You wouldn't want to watch your child(ren) live in perpetual pain and have frequent visits to Doctors, would you? It is painful leaving someone you love but it is necessary you do so for the sake of your unborn children. No matter how strong your love for each other might be, there wouldn't be joy in your home because of the ill-health of your kids. My 2 cents.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by shege45: 10:38am On Jul 31, 2019
Rajman45:
Good day everyone... I really need a honest advice and possibly solution to this my problem. Am seriously going insane gradually on this topic.
I and my fiance love each other so much, but we recently found out we are both AS. We have done our introduction, and seriously planning for our wedding in few months time.
I really don't know what to do right now. I learnt that the first 3 kids of AS+AS match are AA, AS and AS, then the fourth will be SS.... Is that true?. I need sincere help and advice from people who might have experience it, doctors and the entire good people of nairaland.
why would you even make the mistake of doing intro without check genotype? Even if you don’t do other test u should do that one immediately you feel its about to get serious.my guy there is nothing you can do. You just have to accept the sad truth. But yiu can still go ahead if you wish not to bear kids with her. My guy just move on and not make this kinda mistake again

1 Like

Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by wherewere2wear(f): 10:39am On Jul 31, 2019
Mods plz help push dis topic 2 front page, becos its a serious matter.
If i say wats in ma mind...alot of things will get spoilt.
BUT OP HOW COME U BOTH NEVER THOUGHT OF DISCUSSING UR BLOOD GROUP ALL THIS WHILE

1 Like

Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Altern8(m): 10:41am On Jul 31, 2019
Not true.

What that means is you have a 1/4 chance of having an AA baby, every time your wife gets pregnant. Same chance with SS. But you have a slightly higher chance (2 in 4) of having an AS baby for every pregnancy.

My advice? Break up. Managing SS is not easy or cheap. Medical procedures to alter the genes are experimental and not cheap as well.

Abort mission.

4 Likes

Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 31, 2019
Rajman45:
Science, money and patience can get you children with AA genotype.
It's called PGT, you can even select the gender of your babies so you can be satisfied and not want more children. 5 million -7 million Naira can give you guys 3 babies this way.

1 Like

Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Girltee1(f): 10:43am On Jul 31, 2019
It's not the end of the world. Go online and read about IVF. It's expensive, but can help you prevent having SS kids. Technology has helped solve a lot of problems. We're no longer in the Stone age.

4 Likes

Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 31, 2019
There's always a solution to every problem. Chill OP, We go run am

1 Like

Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by thesicilian: 10:50am On Jul 31, 2019
Rajman45:
I'm sure you misunderstood the explanation you were given. If two AS parents marry, there's a 1/4 chance that there'll be an SS child. Meaning that 1 out of every 4 children will have sickle cell disease, statistically speaking. It is very possible that all children will be SS, or all AA. It is not a gamble you want to take, believe me.
A broken relationship is better than bringing a child into this world to suffer.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by bizza45: 11:01am On Jul 31, 2019
Oga I will not advise not to get married but b4 u do make enough money to buy plenty drugs, then buy at least 1 or 2 coffins and keep money for burial ceremonies, cos shit might happen
Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by MichaelBukamzy(m): 11:03am On Jul 31, 2019
So at your age you are in a relationship without knowing your partner's genotype? I doubt that. Most of you would be fully aware but being blinded by love adamantly go ahead with courtship until it reaches the point where it would be difficult to let go.my uncle's friend(AS) threw elderly advises away and got married to linda(AS) Because of yeye love and one yeye pastor that assured them that miracle can still happen.Now they are in regrets because daniel his only male child is suffering as a result of their ignorace. My guy if you know you are man enough to watch your offspring suffer as a result of your strong head,go on but if you can't jakpaa.leave that lady alone.it is better to be heart broken for few months than to be forever.man up jare

1 Like

Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 31, 2019
bizza45:
Oga I will not advise not to get married but b4 u do make enough money to buy plenty drugs, then buy at least 1 or 2 coffins and keep money for burial ceremonies, cos shit might happen

Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by IamPlato(m): 11:09am On Jul 31, 2019
What You Believe Is What Works For You. If You Believe You Will Give Birth To Ss then You Will... When God Created Man He Never Told Us Look Out for Genotypes...

We Advanced And We Are Being To Cautious Of Nothing... Anyway Do Whatever You Like

2 Likes

Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 31, 2019
Sorry,backoff
Rajman45:
Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by enuk80(m): 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2019
IamPlato:
What You Believe Is What Works For You. If You Believe You Will Give Birth To Ss then You Will... When God Created Man He Never Told Us Look Out for Genotypes...

We Advanced And We Are Being To Cautious Of Nothing... Anyway Do Whatever You Like

Worst advice

11 Likes

Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by xeroxje: 1:03pm On Jul 31, 2019
annford:
Please my dear brother, do not go ahead and marry her. You wouldn't want to watch your child(ren) live in perpetual pain and have frequent visits to Doctors, would you? It is painful leaving someone you love but it is necessary you do so for the sake of your unborn children. No matter how strong your love for each other might be, there wouldn't be joy in your home because of the ill-health of your kids. My 2 cents.

run as fast as u can .believe me, u don't want to face the medical;social ;psychological burden of having a sickler.
Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Fountainofyouth(f): 1:13pm On Jul 31, 2019
Rajman45:

When you're interested in someone, ask important questions like genotype, religious faith, denomination etc before going deep into it to avoid stories that touch, you just have to let her go, don't bring kids to the world to suffer.

1 Like

Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Rosay15(f): 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

When you're interested in someone, ask important questions like genotype, religious faith, denomination etc before going deep into it to avoid stories that touch, you just have to let her go, don't bring kids to the world to suffer.
... God bless you, these are the mistakes most people make in this our generation.
Imagine you go do intro without going for medical check up. I tire for op.
Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Rajman45(m): 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2019
annford:
Thanks a lot.... But am still seriously hoping for a better solution to it
Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Rajman45(m): 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2019
shege45:
why would you even make the mistake of doing intro without check genotype? Even if you don’t do other test u should do that one immediately you feel its about to get serious.my guy there is nothing you can do. You just have to accept the sad truth. But yiu can still go ahead if you wish not to bear kids with her. My guy just move on and not make this kinda mistake again
It was a mistake.... But d deed has been done. Am hoping for a way forward
Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Rajman45(m): 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2019
wherewere2wear:
Mods plz help push dis topic 2 front page, becos its a serious matter.
If i say wats in ma mind...alot of things will get spoilt.
BUT OP HOW COME U BOTH NEVER THOUGHT OF DISCUSSING UR BLOOD GROUP ALL THIS WHILE
But... I will sincerely appreciate ur contributions on this topic
Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Rajman45(m): 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2019
Altern8:
Not true.

What that means is you have a 1/4 chance of having an AA baby, every time your wife gets pregnant. Same chance with SS. But you have a slightly higher chance (2 in 4) of having an AS baby for every pregnancy.

My advice? Break up. Managing SS is not easy or cheap. Medical procedures to alter the genes are experimental and not cheap as well.

Abort mission.
Thanks a lot.... But is very difficult to break up with someone u love with all ur heart

1 Like

Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Rajman45(m): 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2019
Fgbread:
There's always a solution to every problem.
Chill OP, We go run am
Thank u sir
Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Rajman45(m): 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2019
thesicilian:

I'm sure you misunderstood the explanation you were given. If two AS parents marry, there's a 1/4 chance that there'll be an SS child. Meaning that 1 out of every 4 children will have sickle cell disease, statistically speaking. It is very possible that all children will be SS, or all AA. It is not a gamble you want to take, believe me.
A broken relationship is better than bringing a child into this world to suffer.
I understand sir... Thanks a lot
Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Rajman45(m): 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2019
bizza45:
A very harsh comment sir...

But i appreciate ur response
Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Rajman45(m): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2019
MichaelBukamzy:
So at your age you are in a relationship without knowing your partner's genotype? I doubt that. Most of you would be fully aware but being blinded by love adamantly go ahead with courtship until it reaches the point where it would be difficult to let go.my uncle's friend(AS) threw elderly advises away and got married to linda(AS) Because of yeye love and one yeye pastor that assured them that miracle can still happen.Now they are in regrets because daniel his only male child is suffering as a result of their ignorace. My guy if you know you are man enough to watch your offspring suffer as a result of your strong head,go on but if you can't jakpaa.leave that lady alone.it is better to be heart broken for few months than to be forever.man up jare
Noted sir
Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Rajman45(m): 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2019
IamPlato:

Thanks for advice... I believe in positivity sir
Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Rajman45(m): 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2019
xeroxje:

run as fast as u can .believe me, u don't want to face the medical;social ;psychological burden of having a sickler.
Thanks a lot
Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Rajman45(m): 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

Noted sir
Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2019
Girltee1:
It's not the end of the world. Go online and read about IVF. It's expensive, but can help you prevent having SS kids. Technology has helped solve a lot of problems. We're no longer in the Stone age.
if only it is not expensive but otherwise I would advise them to quit the relationship. I know it will be difficult or hard to do unless they seek for prayer.
Re: I And My Fiance Are Both AS by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 31, 2019
enuk80:

Worst advice
gbam

(1) (2) (Reply)

Keke Napep Driver Wooed Me As I Enter His Keke In My School- Lady Leaked Video. / SEX IN THE CITY!! (Hood Edition 2) / My Fiancee Tricked Me Into Sponsoring Her Marriage With Her secret Lover (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.