Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity (4234 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Pastor Abuses, Impregnates And Abandons Woman Seeking Spiritual Help / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by MKDON: 11:28pm On Oct 18, 2010
my wife abuses me at every lil opportunity even joined the mother to haul offenses at me. i provide a lot of the bulk consumables in the house even though she's also a banker as me. she tries as well to run the house financially i agree.i handle rent n schl fees for the past 5yrs now. recently in abt 2 months now i ran into a cash squeeze, not that i hv askd her 4 money 2 handle some major issues that arose apart from contributin 40% of d children's schl fees. since she has cald me all sort of names. she contributed some csh 2 d car we bot, but abuses me into letting d car 4 her use lately n i oblige 2 avoid fightin whc she's alway ready 2 put up if i resist releasin d car 2 her. fights wt me over d tv remote wn i want to listen to news whc eevry1 in d hse knows i dnt compromise at 10pm channels. she's also fond of tellin her broda wneva we hv issues.m seriously avoidin hittin her whc i kno she's expectg ur advises wd b wlkmd.

v almost decided to snd her out of d hse 2 join her bodas while i squeeze to get a nanny tk kia of my kids. i pay more serious attn 2 d kids.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by diamondc(f): 12:34am On Oct 19, 2010
hey yaaaaaaaaa
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Outstrip(f): 2:05am On Oct 19, 2010
If I decide to respond I will type forever. There is always a root cause and I know that most Africans are not ready to change money habits anyway.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Osama10(m): 2:22am On Oct 19, 2010
Have you tried reciprocating her good gesture? cool
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by buccaneer7(m): 5:45am On Oct 19, 2010
THIS IS A COMPLEX SITUATION BEING MARRAIGE NO ONE WILL LIKE TO SAY MUCH. I HAVE TYPED THREE TIMES AND ERASED THEM AGAIN. WELL I THINK YOU SHOULD TRY TO BE A MAN, WHEN ASKING MONEY FROM HER NEXT TIME DON'T LET IT SEEM AS IF SHE IS DOING YOU A FAVOUR, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A GENTLEMAN EVERYTIME, BUT YOU MUST NEVER GO DRY AGAIN,

SECONDLY IF SHE LOVES YOU I DO NOT SEE ANY REASON WHY SHE SHOULD BRING OUT YOUR LEGS BY REPORTING HOME ISSUES TO HER BROTHERS, WELL IF SHE FEELS THAT THERE ARE SOMETHING SHE HATES ABOUT YOU AND SHE WANTS TO TALK TO SOMEBODY ABOUT IT THEN YOU GUYS SHOULD HIRE A COUNSELLOR. IT MIGHT HELP, IF NOT USE YOUR PLAN B
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 19, 2010
@poster
unfortunately wifey has lost all respect for you and, even if you were to regain your financial status, i doubt it would change anything.

what you have to understand is that many people marry for the wrong reasons, this woman may have been playing her role simply because you were playing yours and the minute you stopped, THE REAL HER came out.
if she thought of y'all as ONE, then she would understand that insulting/belittling you in front of everyone indirectly hurts HER.

what she complains about today is stuff that she would have complained about from day one but decided to keep quiet for the benefit of this marriage but now she is fed up of "faking it". the gloves are off and, as you can see, she has very little respect/care for you.

wake up, smell the coffee and meet your REAL wife!
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by buccaneer7(m): 7:12am On Oct 19, 2010
thanks you jare, i was about to tell poster that she didn't regard him from the very first day. someone people get married for two wrong reasons;
1) they are getting old
2) because they had promised ther person that they will marry him/her

i bet she fits into both, beside these days there are hardly good ladies, they all asume they are indepedent and the more they get involved in the society of women migration it worsen the plight, Since the word has goood plans for women, why don't it at least has little for men, as we can see in recent time women are more employed than men in the ellite feilds. The day Nigeria lost focus, some Nigerian Women followed,
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by MKDON: 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2010
tx fo ur sincere contributions, I gv up d car 4 her ds wk to avoid issues. she dropd a list of items to by ds moin abt 6k, my nebor returnd 5k I lent him ova a month ago, I dropd d mony fo my cous to pchase her in order of priority only to discover dt d last 1k in my suit poket whc shd transpot me to d ofis hd bn takin by her while she drove 2 d ofis, she dnt kno I hd mony gven me by our nebor whc I kpt elsewia. cos she dnt xpct I wd hv any. I v made up my mind afta confrontin her ova d 1k moroi wd nt allw return 2 d house afta wok.I dnt hv strent to fite.she cn tk d car. compares wt her brodas who r nt beta dn me, claimin dey r men. same pple dt v askd me fo mony sevral tyms n I hv neva askd dem any. enuf is enuf.I endured cos of my kids
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2010
See what I mean when I say men should have money to take care of their wives/families undecided
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by benedictac(f): 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2010
Ujujoan:

See what I mean when I say men should have money to take care of their wives/families undecided

that is not the issue. The woman should not forget that this man married her and God could hear the cry of this man and stop that source the money is coming from that is making her head swell. God forbid, i pray i dont bve like dis. My brother, just relax and be a man, she will soon come begging.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by kokoye(m): 4:20pm On Oct 21, 2010
Ujujoan:

And that is precisely every responsible man's intention.

But what happens when 'the man' loses his source of income and has to depend on someone esle while he tries to get back on his feet?

or . .is that a crime as well?
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by OCCULTIST(m): 4:29pm On Oct 21, 2010
Is your fault because you are not digging her pusccy well, she want it hot and your weak so she sees you as a woman.hire men to help you Bleep her nicely and she will confess and be loyal to you
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2010
No Kokoye, it's not a crime. I know life sucks . . s1it happens! But every situation comes with problems.

I'm not supporting the wife for dis respecting him oh, but when a man starts quarelling with his wife because of 1k .  . . .

I'm not so inconsiderate not to know that some men just find themselves in unfortunate conditions. I might understand, your wife might, but not every woman will . .
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by kokoye(m): 4:35pm On Oct 21, 2010
^^^

Right, so in a situation where the woman does not understand, what should the man do?

I think this is the advice the poster is here for
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 21, 2010
Well he should suck it up and pray for better times! cool
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by kokoye(m): 4:55pm On Oct 21, 2010
cheesy

Funny but true.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by mutter(f): 9:06pm On Oct 21, 2010
Whatever happened to "stand by your man"
This woman is being unfair and allowing her family to abuse the husband is plain stupid. She looses her respect in the family.
What a shame really.
I hope the situation changes for you.
She would have won a lot of love and appreciation by respecting you as the man even in hard times.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by spikedcylinder: 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2010
What are the lines that must not be crossed when money is involved? In a marriage?
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by kokoye(m): 10:13pm On Oct 21, 2010
Idealy, none.

But in the real world, it depends.

You know your spouses buttons. If you want to keep him / her happy, dont push them.

but then, who doesnt?
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by spikedcylinder: 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2010
I mean, regarding money. Many couples almost always have issues where money is concerned. How and where do they draw the line?
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 22, 2010
^^^ I'm at a loss there. I suppose we should let our consience dictate that.

People think women are materilistic when they don't want to settle for less but when you really want to think about it, who wants to suffer

No woman wants to insult her husband or dis respect him. But is she going to hear 'there's no money' for the rest of her life? I think the man must have done something to deserve the insults. Who knows maybe he's lazy, maybe he's stingy, maybe he doesn't step up to his responsibilities. Respect is earned you know . . .
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by asha80(m): 12:22pm On Oct 22, 2010
Ujujoan:

Well he should suck it up and pray for better times! cool

I doubt if there will be any better times because if this same man gets back to his feet he probably will not have any love whatsoever towards the woman again.

Ujujoan:

People think women are materilistic when they don't want to settle for less but when you really want to think about it, who wants to suffer

No woman wants to insult her husband or dis respect him. But is she going to hear 'there's no money' for the rest of her life? I think the man must have done something to deserve the insults. Who knows maybe he's lazy, maybe he's stingy, maybe he doesn't step up to his responsibilities. Respect is earned you know . . .

You are not there to know so quit assuming.The man must always be the problem for you.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by SAKUR: 5:10pm On Oct 22, 2010
MKDON:

my wife abuses me at every lil opportunity even joined the mother to haul offenses at me. i provide a lot of the bulk consumables in the house even though she's also a banker as me. she tries as well to run the house financially i agree.i handle rent n schl fees for the past 5yrs now. recently in abt 2 months now i ran into a cash squeeze, not that i hv askd her 4 money 2 handle some major issues that arose apart from contributin 40% of d children's schl fees. since she has cald me all sort of names. she contributed some csh 2 d car we bot, but abuses me into letting d car 4 her use lately n i oblige 2 avoid fightin whc she's alway ready 2 put up if i resist releasin d car 2 her. fights wt me over d tv remote wn i want to listen to news whc eevry1 in d hse knows i dnt compromise at 10pm channels. she's also fond of tellin her broda wneva we hv issues.m seriously avoidin hittin her whc i kno she's expectg your advises wd b wlkmd.

v almost decided to snd her out of d hse 2 join her bodas while i squeeze to get a nanny tk kia of my kids. i pay more serious attn 2 d kids.

Your wife is fucking another man believe me dude.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 22, 2010
Ouch Aisha, you make it sound like I'm anti men! That's not true oh, I love men veeery much. I just dont suffer f00ls gladly . . cool
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by spikedcylinder: 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2010
Ujujoan:

Hmmn. . . . I asked that question earlier because of a certain real life scenario and it goes thus:

A man is married to a woman who's older brother is super frigging wealthy. The brother gives the man a job, him and his wife live in a guest house owned and maintained by the brother and he drives a car given to them by the brother as a wedding present. Dude's balls have been sold for real.
So when the man and his wife have arguments, he dares not talk back at his wife. So bad, sometimes when they argue, he attempts to storm out of the house and drive off to a quiet place. For where? The wife will come downstairs and ask her husband to give her the car keys, after all it is rightfully hers. She does this in front of several domestic and security staff and the story spreads. I mean, the best part of an argument is storming off or slamming doors ([size=1pt]sharap, if you're reading[/size] angry) and he cannot even do that because he has no balls.
If I pull that kind of stunt with money and car and what nots, a certain man I know will leave my arse and tell me to eat my stuff. Men are ruled by their egos, their pride and I find it hard to believe there are some that really don't have any.
Bottom line is, it's not just money and stuff that makes a woman respect her man. The man's carriage, attitude, penchant for bringing you to your knees without even saying a word is the kind of thing that will make you not dare open your mouth to abuse or insult your husband. I know we like to say money this, money that but you'd be surprised to know that men with regular income still get emotionally and physically abused by their women.

Phew!
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by no1madman(m): 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2010
Cut off her tongue. . .
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by kokoye(m): 7:19pm On Oct 22, 2010
ur d.ick next.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by IgboGirl(f): 9:53pm On Oct 22, 2010
Chei! Some Naija wives sha na wa for them! Maybe you two should talk to someone she respects, maybe a pastor or priest that will speak some senses into her and let her know the importance of respecting her partner.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 23, 2010
@ Spykey

In that çase I blame the man. He sold his birthright for a pot of porridge and the women decided to capitalize on that!

Most men think their ticket out of poverty is by landing and marrying rich girls . . They end up selling their pride in the process. So sad!
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Odunnu: 8:58am On Oct 23, 2010
Poster
you have to endure the insults,try as much as possible to avoid it. Dont ask her for money again. Endure ths season of recession in your life. You'l bounce back.
Does your Mother-in-law live you? She should know better than insult you. Was ths marriage consumated under pressure?
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by MKDON: 12:23pm On Oct 23, 2010
@ujujoan,

i dnt marry in2 a rich family. my family's more organizd d my inlaws. we r wealthier n more com4table even though a member of dr family may hv done "job" n got som mony, he still borrows from me even if he has given som unsolicited gifts 2 us whc they know i cn afford. m conservativ by nature n realistic. in fact i got her d bank job tru a strong contact i hd som yrs bak.

she's stubborn naturally, i noticd bak in skool bt managd cos i tryd 2 groom her. bt she ws hardly rude 2 me cos i calld d shots then. i ws a hussler in skool despite my family cld mk me vry comfortable even provid me a car if i wanted.

m jst tryin 2 get a nanny dt cn tk kia of my kids, 1ce dt is done, shd wd hv 2 leave. we both get violent somtyms, n dnt wnt sch anymore b4 i wd b chgd 4 murder or manslaughter. let her stay on her own.

1 of her elder sista is always complainin 2 her pastor dt she's nt subsevient to me 4rm her observation n d sista feel m a good guy given wt she feels i posses as potentials includin physical appearance. in my reccess, i still contribute over 30% for hse upkeep, pd d rent n ova 60% of d chldrn's skool fees.my period of intense recess ws jst abt 70days.

i find it difficult 2 confide in her cos of her attitude. wn i travld 2 abj on official dty, i obtained d paper docs of a piece of land i bot in apo abj in 2008.i scand d doc n sent to her box b4 boardin a plane bak to lag, n told her i gt d land tru my broda,so shd d plane crash, she cd use d doc to pursue possession of d land.her rxn ws dt i bot it in my name so she gt nothg 2 do wt it. all docs i hv, she's d nxt of kin n she knows.

meeen she's gt 2 stay away 4rm me. my7 4tunes ain't completely bad. jst gt admitted 4 Msc in unilag, my bus on hire pchase is payin gradualy. i cut d family off 4rm inquiring plans i mk 2 run my hom, dey rnt doin beta dn me.

hv always told her, if u wnt a rat 4rm me, ask nicely wt luv n i cd provid u d head of an elephant even wn i cnt afford it, u do not hv to b confrontational. a couple of times, hv bn tempted 2 go screw out, bt m nt in d mood n i cn afford it if i wnt to, i hv vry willin partys. she's nt finer dn me. ps advise her

MY MESSAGE 2 LADYS IN D HOUSE, PS DO NOT B CONFRONTATIONAL 2 U HUSBANDS N DNT ACT LIK U R EQUAL 2 WATEVA HE'S CAPABLE OF
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Odunnu: 12:29pm On Oct 23, 2010
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Choosing A Child's Surname / Flying Bird Turned Into A Beautiful Girl In Broad Daylight / Waiting Room Versus Labour Room, Which Is Worse?(my Experience)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.