Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,923 members, 7,821,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity (4244 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Pastor Abuses, Impregnates And Abandons Woman Seeking Spiritual Help / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by OAM4J: 1:41pm On Oct 23, 2010
Ujujoan:

Ouch Aisha, you make it sound like I'm anti men! That's not true oh, I love men veeery much. I just dont suffer f00ls gladly . . cool

That statement from you is loaded with so much meanings. I can write a thesis on it, anyways I love women veeery much too grin

spikedcylinder:

Hmmn. . . . I asked that question earlier because of a certain real life scenario and it goes thus:

A man is married to a woman who's older brother is super frigging wealthy. The brother gives the man a job, him and his wife live in a guest house owned and maintained by the brother and he drives a car given to them by the brother as a wedding present. Dude's balls have been sold for real.
So when the man and his wife have arguments, he dares not talk back at his wife. So bad, sometimes when they argue, he attempts to storm out of the house and drive off to a quiet place. For where? The wife will come downstairs and ask her husband to give her the car keys, after all it is rightfully hers. She does this in front of several domestic and security staff and the story spreads. I mean, the best part of an argument is storming off or slamming doors ([size=1pt]sharap, if you're reading[/size] angry) and he cannot even do that because he has no balls.
If I pull that kind of stunt with money and car and what nots, a certain man I know will leave my arse and tell me to eat my stuff. Men are ruled by their egos, their pride and I find it hard to believe there are some that really don't have any.
Bottom line is, it's not just money and stuff that makes a woman respect her man. The man's carriage, attitude, penchant for bringing you to your knees without even saying a word is the kind of thing that will make you not dare open your mouth to abuse or insult your husband. I know we like to say money this, money that but you'd be surprised to know that men with regular income still get emotionally and physically abused by their women.

Phew!

I will NEVER agree to marry under those circumstances in the 1st place and if challenges/fate puts me there, I'll rather live under the bridge than allow someone mortgage my voice, will and pride.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by OAM4J: 1:52pm On Oct 23, 2010
MKDON:

@ujujoan,

i dnt marry  in2 a rich family. my family's more organizd d my inlaws. we r wealthier n more com4table even though a member of dr family may hv done "job" n got som mony, he still borrows from me even if he has given som unsolicited gifts 2 us whc they know i cn afford. m conservativ by nature n realistic. in fact i got her d bank job tru a strong contact i hd som yrs bak.

she's stubborn naturally, i noticd bak in skool bt managd cos i tryd 2 groom her. bt she ws hardly rude 2 me cos i calld d shots then. i ws a hussler in skool despite my family cld mk me vry comfortable even provid me a car if i wanted.

m jst tryin 2 get a nanny dt cn tk kia of my kids, 1ce dt is done, shd wd hv 2 leave. we both get violent somtyms, n dnt wnt sch anymore b4 i wd b chgd 4 murder or manslaughter. let her stay on her own.

1 of her elder sista is always complainin 2 her pastor dt she's nt subsevient to me 4rm her observation n d sista feel m a good guy given wt she feels i posses as potentials includin physical appearance. in my reccess, i still contribute over 30% for hse upkeep, pd d rent n ova 60% of d chldrn's skool fees.my period of intense recess ws jst abt 70days.

i find it difficult 2 confide in her cos of her attitude. wn i travld 2 abj on official dty, i obtained d paper docs of a piece of land i bot in apo abj in 2008.i scand d doc n sent to her box b4 boardin a plane bak to lag, n told her i gt d land tru my broda,so shd d plane crash, she cd use d doc to pursue possession of d land.her rxn ws dt i bot it in my name so she gt nothg 2 do wt it. all docs i hv, she's d nxt of kin n she knows.

meeen she's gt 2 stay away 4rm me. my7 4tunes ain't completely bad. jst gt admitted 4 Msc in unilag, my bus on hire pchase is payin gradualy. i cut d family off 4rm inquiring plans i mk 2 run my hom, dey rnt doin beta dn me.

hv always told her, if u wnt a rat 4rm me, ask nicely wt luv n i cd provid u d head of an elephant  even wn i cnt afford it, u do not hv to b confrontational. a couple of times, hv bn tempted 2 go screw out, bt m nt in d mood n i cn afford it if i wnt to, i hv vry willin partys. she's nt finer dn me. ps advise her

MY MESSAGE 2 LADYS IN D HOUSE, PS DO NOT B CONFRONTATIONAL 2 U HUSBANDS N DNT ACT LIK U R EQUAL 2 WATEVA HE'S CAPABLE OF

Advise her? is she a nairalander too? or is she by anyway reading this thread? And does this mean you no longer need advice.

Anyways Don, You dont have to pack off your marriage cos of financial issues and disrespect. thank God things are becoming normal again. Be a MAN for REAL and earn your respect back

Only very few women give respect just because you are a man or an husband. You should know that. Am not saying your wife's disrespect is good or normal but she is already your wife so deal with it.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by spikedcylinder: 11:38pm On Oct 23, 2010
Ujujoan:

@ Spykey

In that çase I blame the man. He sold his birthright for a pot of porridge and the women decided to capitalize on that!

Most men think their ticket out of poverty is by landing and marrying rich girls . . They end up selling their pride in the process. So sad!

Well, sometimes you can't blame some men for marrying into wealth. It is their only way out.

OAM4J:

I will NEVER agree to marry under those circumstances in the 1st place and if challenges/fate puts me there, I'll rather live under the bridge than allow someone mortgage my voice, will and pride.

Of course. I no get money na. kiss kiss kiss tongue
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by OAM4J: 11:52pm On Oct 23, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Of course. I no get money na. kiss kiss kiss tongue

I know nao. that's why you are my babe kiss, so each time i give you $$$$ to miscalculate without any stress you 'll continue to respect me and unable to abuse or insult me. kiss kiss kiss
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 24, 2010
@spikey
what good is it for a man to gain wealth but lose his damn self-respect and be treated like a mop?!
you know that the man in your story has no guts because he would have left on foot if he really meant what he was saying rather than staying put as soon as the wifey snatched the car from him.

its their only ticket out alright. . . . . . . . . . .out of the frying pan and into the fire!
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by spikedcylinder: 12:19am On Oct 24, 2010
OAM4J:

I know nao. that's why you are my babe kiss, so each time i give you $$$$ to miscalculate without any stress you 'll continue to respect me and unable to abuse or insult me. kiss kiss kiss

Just bring 14k first. tongue

MRbrownJAY:

@spikey
what good is it for a man to gain wealth but lose his damn self-respect and be treated like a mop?!
you know that the man in your story has no guts because he would have left on foot if he really meant what he was saying rather than staying put as soon as the wifey snatched the car from him.

its their only ticket out alright. . . . . . . . . . .out of the frying pan and into the fire!

You are absolutely right.
Funny, the guy sees nothing wrong with the situation. As long as he gets to be called a 'big man', he's fine with it. cheesy
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 24, 2010
^^^ lol grin
'Big man' for where? In his wife's pocket. Lol!

@ Poster

Now I can truly understand your situation. It's unfortunate but the truth is that you made your bed! You knew she was that way but you went ahead and married her 'hoping' she would change! What you should have done was to assert your authority and made it obvious to her that such attitude was unacceptable. It's obvious that you treat her with kid gloves and that's a mistake. Women like her only respect 'hard men'.

Anyways, you've made the mistate already but like someone said, ending your marriage is NOT the way out.

This is not about advising your wife either cos she's an adult and she knows right from wrong. But sometimes we can't help who we are.

It's time for you to man up and put her in her place. Sending her away for a while might not be such a bad idea. You need to let her know that you cant put up with her attitude anylonger . . .the choice is hers!

@ OAM4J

Were you ever in doubt of my love for men? cool
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by kadman(m): 1:04pm On Oct 24, 2010
Ujujoan:

Well he should suck it up and pray for better times! cool

Truer words have never been spoken. cheesy
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by breathless(m): 1:14pm On Oct 24, 2010
Hi Odunnu, my apologies 4 not replying u on. Let me know if we can chat on Y-messenger. Cheers
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Odunnu: 2:21pm On Oct 24, 2010
I'l send you a mail if you'l drop your email address at justwise@hotmail.co.uk
I was surprised you gave me the red flag,I assumed you didnt wanna get in touch
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Odunnu: 2:22pm On Oct 24, 2010
I'l send you a mail if you'l drop your email address at justwise@hotmail.co.uk. Sorry,i hardly do YIM
I was surprised you gave me the red flag,I assumed you didnt wanna get in touch
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by OAM4J: 7:51pm On Oct 24, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Just bring 14k first. tongue

Relax! As soon as you say 'I do' or if my doctor confirms you are pregnant (whichever comes first), you will have full access to my treasury and free to spend/miscalculate as much as you want  grin

Ujujoan:

@ OAM4J
Were you ever in doubt of my love for men? cool

Somehow yes. I guess it was d  impression I got of you when I newly join NL, then you, ebony and I think Toniaslim were always hard on guys posts/comments. Also, I think I have read some posts in which you've been accused of being a feminist and a misandrist. But I got it now; you are only less tolerant of weak and poor men but have high regards for hard and rich men like me.  cool cheesy
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Moyola(f): 7:54pm On Oct 24, 2010
Uhmn uhmn!
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 24, 2010
---
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by OAM4J: 9:18pm On Oct 24, 2010
chaircover:

OAM4ROMEO you are truly biting off more than you can chew. Hope you have as much action as you claim cos . . . . . . .

cos wetin? Eru o ba odo jor! I full ground.

chaircover:

@poster women do not like weak men. I repeat do not like weak men.

Did I just say that? emmmmm ok let me rephrase. Women like men who treat then well, men in touch with their feelings, romantic men and all that but men have to be able to multitask from being all lovey dovey one minute to being firm and assertive as of when required whether or not the woman is feeding the man and his dog. He is still the man.

@poster you have to re-establish your authority.

Stop eating her food, refuse to touch her and spend as much time outside of the house. Do not get into petty arguments with her and do NOT drive that car. Sir please do not have an affair o! mi o ran e de ibe yen o! respond to her in mono syllables or very short sentences. Initially she will shout and try and cause trouble but just ignore her. After a while she will begin to calm down and try to make peace. At that point tell her as it is without mincing your words.

Hmnnnn !

@OP this is 'Becoming the man' - Lecture 101
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Wumine(f): 11:14pm On Oct 24, 2010
Sorry bro! But you know for a change ,
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by kadman(m): 11:19pm On Oct 24, 2010
Wumine:

Sorry bro! But you know for a change ,

You mean, it's cool that for a change it's good the woman is the one running the show right ? Cuz I feel the same, but I've been to scared to say  grin
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Odunnu: 11:50pm On Oct 24, 2010
Ths ur siggy na die Oga Kadman
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by spikedcylinder: 4:33am On Oct 25, 2010
OAM4J:

Relax! As soon as you say 'I do' or if my doctor confirms you are pregnant (whichever comes first), you will have full access to my treasury and free to spend/miscalculate as much as you want  grin

I have done since na. Wetin remain again? See your head like Baba No regret own. cheesy grin

chaircover:

Did I just say that? emmmmm ok let me rephrase. Women like men who treat then well, men in touch with their feelings, romantic men and all that but men have to be able to multitask from being all lovey dovey one minute to being firm and assertive as of when required whether or not the woman is feeding the man and his dog. He is still the man.

Stop eating her food, refuse to touch her and spend as much time outside of the house. Do not get into petty arguments with her and do NOT drive that car. Sir please do not have an affair o! mi o ran e de ibe yen o! respond to her in mono syllables or very short sentences. Initially she will shout and try and cause trouble but just ignore her. After a while she will begin to calm down and try to make peace. At that point tell her as it is without mincing your words.

I agree 100% with the first part of your post.
The second part however, can backfire. You have not met some ogbologbo kainwain women. They will scream the roof down. Women that have the energy of a thousand demons. The kind of man that is the OP will eventually be the one begging her by the time she has started with her tantrums. You never jam. cheesy
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 25, 2010
---
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by kadman(m): 9:03am On Oct 25, 2010
Odunnu:

Ths your siggy na die Oga Kadman

Lol thanks (and it's very true) cheesy
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 25, 2010
OAM4J:

Somehow yes. I guess it was d  impression I got of you when I newly join NL, then you, ebony and I think Toniaslim were always hard on guys posts/comments. Also, I think I have read some posts in which you've been accused of being a feminist and a misandrist. But I got it now; you are only less tolerant of weak and poor men but have high regards for hard and rich men like me.  cool cheesy

You are 100% right on the bolded!  cool  cheesy

But on a more serious not, I can't stand poor men!  undecided

And before you guys start calling me a gold-diggeer . . . . I have good reasons! cool
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 25, 2010
chaircover:

OAM4ROMEO you are truly biting off more than you can chew. Hope you have as much action as you claim cos . . . . . . .

anyway back to the topic;

What can I say madam CC . . I duff my hat! cool cool
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by netotse(m): 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I agree 100% with the first part of your post.
The second part however, can backfire. You have not met some ogbologbo kainwain women. They will scream the roof down. Women that have the energy of a thousand demons. The kind of man that is the OP will eventually be the one begging her by the time she has started with her tantrums. You never jam. cheesy

because y'all are women y'all tend to believe y'all are the ultimate. . .there are also ogbologbo kainwain men too, make she scream the roof down or manifest whatever type of spirits she wants to manifest, the guy wont be moved. . .make she hold your shirt, you'll remove it and walk calmly away. . .when you know all she wants you to do is lose your temper why do you have to give her what she wants? two can play any game

chaircover:

Back to topic jare. You are right, there are some correct omo alata women who will give the man a run for his money and for each night he refuses to touch them she tears one of his TM Shirts and for each time he refuses her food she scratches him with an oyo tribal mark on his face.

The TV gets thrown off the balcony of the first floor and the AC is torn from the wall and thrown on top of the *&*^%^$$$ car!  shocked

But thank God that these types of women are an endangered specie like the giant panda so not many of them are walking around. Hopefully the poster isnt married to one and with a battle of wits he will win this one.
and there are also men that can watch her do all that and not move a muscle and you know something? they aren't as endangered a species as the alata women. All it takes is a man that realizes that she wants a reaction and is determined not to give her one, he might be crying inside but what the heck? we're used to bottling our emotions(heck if there was a drink called he-motions it'd trump coca cola hands down grin)

that said, the shirt-tearing thing scares me, do you actually know someone like that? IMO it's more scary than the tribal mark or TV thingy, those are peaks. . .but tearing a shirt every night he refuses to touch her? that's the kind of woman nightmares are mad of.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by OAM4J: 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I have done since na. Wetin remain again? See your head like Baba No regret own. cheesy grin

Where and When? abeg show me the Certificate asap, else you'll have to say it again ending with 'till death do us part' and all NLders will be our witnesses and we can engage CC to supply all the wedding stuffs. grin

chaircover:

@Spikey you and OAM4ROMEO sef. na lof wantin tin. oga o. I am jealous especially as a whole 14k to miscalculate is involved.

Let me see, $14k is £8k, hmmm that can pay for a holiday in Dubai, buy a Fiat Punto to go to market with, buy a few designer handbags and so on. And see me here drooling and fainting over a certain mr Vicker when OAM4MONEYMISSROAD has 14k to throw about embarassed grin

The World health Organisation - WHO has warned that Jealousness is not good for one's health tongue grin

anyways thanks for the recommendations on how my babe can properly miscalculate my money, Spikey pls take note. cheesy
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by spikedcylinder: 8:31pm On Oct 25, 2010
chaircover:

@Spikey you and OAM4ROMEO sef. na lof wantin tin. oga o. I am jealous especially as a whole 14k to miscalculate is involved.

Let me see, $14k is £8k, hmmm that can pay for a holiday in Dubai, buy a Fiat Punto to go to market with, buy a few designer handbags and so on. And see me here drooling and fainting over a certain mr Vicker when OAM4MONEYMISSROAD has 14k to throw about embarassed grin

Back to topic jare. You are right, there are some correct omo alata women who will give the man a run for his money and for each night he refuses to touch them she tears one of his TM Shirts and for each time he refuses her food she scratches him with an oyo tribal mark on his face.

The TV gets thrown off the balcony of the first floor and the AC is torn from the wall and thrown on top of the *&*^%^$$$ car!  shocked

But thank God that these types of women are an endangered specie like the giant panda so not many of them are walking around. Hopefully the poster isnt married to one and with a battle of wits he will win this one.

Lol!!!! You're not serious. Don't be jealous my friend! angry

You think those kind of women are a rare phenomenon eh? Lol. You are naive o. That is all I shall say. grin grin grin grin

netotse:

because y'all are women y'all tend to believe y'all are the ultimate. . .there are also ogbologbo kainwain men too, make she scream the roof down or manifest whatever type of spirits she wants to manifest, the guy wont be moved. . .make she hold your shirt, you'll remove it and walk calmly away. . .when you know all she wants you to do is lose your temper why do you have to give her what she wants? two can play any game
and there are also men that can watch her do all that and not move a muscle and you know something? they aren't as endangered a species as the alata women. All it takes is a man that realizes that she wants a reaction and is determined not to give her one, he might be crying inside but what the heck? we're used to bottling our emotions(heck if there was a drink called he-motions it'd trump coca cola hands down grin)

that said, the shirt-tearing thing scares me, do you actually know someone like that? IMO it's more scary than the tribal mark or TV thingy, those are peaks. . .but tearing a shirt every night he refuses to touch her? that's the kind of woman nightmares are mad of.

It depends o, bro. A lot of sensible women I know certainly know where to draw the line where their men are concerned. And you know, it takes a very very strong willed man to take that kind of abuse from a woman on the daily and not hurt or even hit her back in return.
Women, we know when to do shakara, throw regular sized tantrums and make peace but there are some that just appear to have grown straight out of gutter spirogyra that you wonder where and how the heck they managed to get married in the first place.
I shudder.

OAM4J:

Where and When? abeg show me the Certificate asap, else you'll have to say it again ending with 'till death do us part' and all NLders will be our witnesses and we can engage CC to supply all the wedding stuffs. grin

The World health Organisation - WHO has warned that Jealousness is not good for one's health tongue grin

anyways thanks for the recommendations on how my babe can properly miscalculate my money, Spikey pls take note. cheesy

Oya, bring in an officiating priest and I shall, I do and I will. grin grin grin cheesy
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by OAM4J: 2:50am On Oct 26, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Oya, bring in an officiating priest and I shall, I do and I will. grin grin grin cheesy

Oh baby! those words from you are sweet melody to my heart kiss kiss kiss kiss

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AHz8xDrFjg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="[/flash]

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRJ2gBS99I?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="[/flash]

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_t8tBrZuqo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="[/flash]
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by spikedcylinder: 5:12am On Oct 26, 2010
Where the priest na? Make sure he has a bible in one hand and $14k in the other o. angry cheesy
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 26, 2010
Did I hear $14k cool cool cool
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 26, 2010
LOL So if a gurl says she wants a very comfortable man, she has become a gold digger eh kwa?

Please, i wasnt born to suffer. Thanks but no thanks cool
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by OAM4J: 3:32pm On Oct 26, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Where the priest na? Make sure he has a bible in one hand and $14k in the other o. angry cheesy

na me you want or na $14k?

Ujujoan:

Did I hear $14k cool cool cool

Will you also say 'I do' to my Yoruba brother if the priest has a bible in one hand and $14k on the other hand?. . . of course I know your answer cheesy

jennykadry:

LOL So if a gurl says she wants a very comfortable man, she has become a gold digger eh kwa?

Please, i wasnt born to suffer. Thanks but no thanks cool

BTW, you are not even a gold digger, you are a diamond digger, bite me tongue
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 27, 2010
^^ Diamond? goodness gracious I no know say my level of digging don increase like this, thanks for taking the scales off my eyes OAM4JENNY. cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Traits Of Real Men / I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers / 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.