Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity (4246 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Pastor Abuses, Impregnates And Abandons Woman Seeking Spiritual Help / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by mamagee3(f): 1:23am On Oct 27, 2010
jennykadry:

Please, i wasnt born to suffer. Thanks but no thanks cool
Why do I smell a gold-digger? cool
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 27, 2010
^^Keep smelling. Maybe you would love to marry a man and live under the bridge cos he cannot afford a house.

So yes If I get called a gold digger for marrying a comfortable man who can afford my kids, himself and I a house then so be it cool
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by mamagee3(f): 1:58am On Oct 27, 2010
^^How about working hard to acquire your own wealth. . .

Instead of relying on a man who would treat you like crap just because you're depending on him.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 2:03am On Oct 27, 2010
And who is saying I am not going to aquire my own wealth or depend on my hubby for everything? You are threading off the point you raised. If a man proposes to a gurl he is expected to provide a home for his family even if she earns more than him, it doesnt make his wife less a woman but brings about security in the marriage. The man is the pillar and should work as such even if he earns 20 naira per hour. It does not stop or prevent the woman from contributing in the house hold expenses.

You are a student right? how about u marrying a male sudent with  "your aquired wealth" , pay for your house rent alone and pay for his fees as well. since you have got the wealth marry a man with it and nt the other way round
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Osama10(m): 2:07am On Oct 27, 2010
jennykadry:

And who is saying I am not going to acquire my own wealth or depend on my hubby for everything? You are threading off the point you raised. If a man proposes to a girl he is expected to provide a home for his family even if she earns more than him, it doesn't make his wife less a woman but brings about security in the marriage. The man is the pillar and should work as such even if he earns 20 naira per hour. It does not stop or prevent the woman from contributing in the house hold expenses.

You are a student right? how about u marrying a male student with "your acquired wealth" , pay for your house rent alone and pay for his fees as well. since you have got the wealth marry a man with it and not the other way round

I like your line of reasoning.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by chic2pimp(m): 1:20pm On Nov 03, 2010
This is Domestic Abuse!!!.
Sadly, we only hear about the cases where the Men are the perpetrator. I can gurantee you had a woman opened this thread and said the exact same thing the poster wrote, this thread woulda certainly gone past 3 pages.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 03, 2010
chic2pimp:

This is Domestic Abuse!!!.
Sadly, we only hear about the cases where the Men are the perpetrator. I can gurantee you had a woman opened this thread and said the exact same thing the poster wrote, this thread woulda certainly gone past 3 pages.

That's because it's more rampant! cool
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by scud(m): 3:49pm On Nov 03, 2010
hmmmmm
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 03, 2010
^^ Lol, you are funny! grin
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by wendybaby(f): 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2010
Jenny Dear,

I buy your opinion this time. A man is expected to provide for his wife and family.
Look around you now, you see that most women have become bread winners for their families. They go through thick and thin to provide for their families. And the man? It's either he has retired or has lost his job, therefore he has lost hope but believes that she can do it. He is gradually getting used to that set-up, where the wife takes charge. Too bad tongue
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by chic2pimp(m): 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2010
Ujujoan:

That's because it's more rampant! cool
No one disputing that however the difference between Male and Female victims is not as big as people like to make out.
For Instance we all know that 1 in 4 Women are victims of Domestic abuse however little is said or known about the 1 in 6 male victims of domestic abuse.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by spikedcylinder: 5:15pm On Nov 03, 2010
scud:

My guy, I am also in your shoe. If you are tired indeed, try to avoid problem but I will suggest the following:

1. Remove your ring- I just did that

2. If you are asked why-just tell her you can't remember that you are married because you don't have a wife

3. If she says what about her- tell her she's just the mother of your child(ren)

But you must just be ready for her to separate (not divorce now) from you. [size=20pt]Life is too good to be lived most especially if you are faithful husband than to be killed in a marriage by a problematic wife.[/size]

Please don't hit her, I almost hit my own this morning before I remembered that she can faint. smiley

Gbam!!!! I hope some people are reading and learning. wink cheesy
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by harakiri(m): 8:43pm On Nov 03, 2010
@Poster

I feel very sorry for your situation.It is utterly pathetic.I wouldn't trade places with you for anything! ! !

@Topic

This is why i can NEVER consider that over glorified bondage called marriage until i am at least filthy rich and have lived my life to the fullest. Marriage should be about producing heirs to inherit WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE ON GROUND and not bring kids to the world and hope that "the god that brought them will take care of them". That's the way it was done back in the day. In today's world, we are brainwashed to believe that a working man and working woman are the ideal couple.WOMEN AND CHILDREN ARE MEANT TO BE CATERED FOR! ! ! Forget all the new age BS.All na nonsense.It doesn't matter how "enlightened" or well mannered the woman is.If your paper runs low (especially for a stretchy period of time), she will bring out the colors you don't wanna see.This is not a case of "not all women are not like that".Forget that crap.ALL WOMEN ARE LIKE THAT AND THEY ARE JUST THAT. I know that there are a lot of woman wrappers on this thread that will counter this (as if that will get them laid with NL chicks). Real guys wey don see see see know whatz up!

Nuff said!
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by kadman(m): 9:51am On Nov 04, 2010
harakiri:

@Poster

I feel very sorry for your situation.It is utterly pathetic.I wouldn't trade places with you for anything! ! !

@Topic

This is why i can NEVER consider that over glorified bondage called marriage until i am at least filthy rich and have lived my life to the fullest. Marriage should be about producing heirs to inherit WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE ON GROUND and not bring kids to the world and hope that "the god that brought them will take care of them". That's the way it was done back in the day. In today's world, we are brainwashed to believe that a working man and working woman are the ideal couple.WOMEN AND CHILDREN ARE MEANT TO BE CATERED FOR! ! ! Forget all the new age BS.All na nonsense.It doesn't matter how "enlightened" or well mannered the woman is.If your paper runs low (especially for a stretchy period of time), she will bring out the colors you don't wanna see.This is not a case of "not all women are not like that".Forget that crap.ALL WOMEN ARE LIKE THAT AND THEY ARE JUST THAT. I know that there are a lot of woman wrappers on this thread that will counter this (as if that will get them laid with NL chicks). Real guys wey don see see see know whatz up!

Nuff said!

Wise words, but how old are you ? Just curious wink

chic2pimp:

No one disputing that however the difference between Male and Female victims is not as big as people like to make out.
For Instance we all know that 1 in 4 Women are victims of Domestic abuse however little is said or known about the 1 in 6 male victims of domestic abuse.

Well I think the male victims were probably just shouted out and nagged at which they have termed domestic abuse, I really doubt that would break their bones or land them in an ER.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by harakiri(m): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2010
kadman:

Wise words, but how old are you ? Just curious  wink

5 years older than you.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by kadman(m): 5:58pm On Nov 04, 2010
harakiri:

5 years older than you.

Thanks. I wanted to know because I have the same school of thought as yours. Most people say I would have a change of mind as I grow older. Good to know I won't wink
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by spikedcylinder: 11:17pm On Nov 04, 2010
harakiri:

@Poster

@Topic

Nuff said!

All this venom for nothing.
Just because you don't want to get married does not make it BS and it does not make women fall into the unrealistic sweeping generalisation you have placed them under. I don't want kids, does it mean all kids are brats?
I respect your opinion but chill, dude. wink
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by dbigrod(m): 11:24am On Nov 05, 2010
talk to her and see if she will turn a new leaf.if she doesnt then u need to divorce her
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by GoldCircle: 8:43pm On Nov 05, 2010
@Poster, even if u hit a lotteru today of a $1billion, it wont bring back respect from this particular woman. "She don see u finish"! U need to redeem your image. Maybe you should start by looking inwards at the way you've been playing your part as a spouse and as a father. Have haven't u done right? or what have u omitted?? My people say 'Monkey smart, monkey smart, Na because trees dey close to each other".
While I detest divorce especially under circumstances like this, ol boy, this na ur battle! U've got to fight it out like a man.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by dayokanu(m): 10:43pm On Nov 05, 2010
I dey kind of like to deal with those alagidi women.

And someone opened a thread asking why men abandon their wife when they are rich.

@Op, Just keep quiet, buy an ipod and listen to it all day, Stay out till late come back dazed and go to sleep. If she wan trouble you for night go and sleep on the couch or guest room and lock the door, if she wan start trouble just pick a few shirts and go lodge for hotel.

Come back home late and in high spirits so she knows you are having so much fun without her. Go hang out with your male friends, And start some games, when your phone rings, regardless of who calls, walk away from her and speak in low tones, When you are returning to where she is end your call with "I would call you later"

Go about your own hustle and have one thing one your mind, Its a possibility this marriage would crash. make exit plans, Get into some hustle, save your money and have fun.

JUST dont beat her.
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by dayokanu(m): 10:45pm On Nov 05, 2010
For women who says they dont want to suffer, i guess that was why you went to school. So you can make your own money and spend it your own way.

Work hard, make your own money and there is no way you would suffer
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 07, 2010
Re: My Wife Abuses Me At Every Little Opportunity by dayokanu(m): 8:46am On Nov 07, 2010
A man that doesnt have a job nor Okada money can as well trek abi?

If na me, If I am broke I wont disturb my wife. Instead I would find a way to get around my issues

You went to school and laboured hard so you wont suffer, Then why should you start suffering cos u got married.

Any woman who has a good job and can fend for herself wont suffer.

Buy your bag, your shoes and jewelries I dont have any right to tell you how to spend your money as long as you extend the courtesy to me also

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Marry But I Have To Unmarried Elder Brothers / Ladies Pls How Much Is This? / Before We Mislead The Younger Men And Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.