Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man (5700 Views)

Finding A Good Man Is Like Finding A Needle In A Haystack / There Is Nothing Like A Broke, Lazy Good Man / How Do I Tell A Friend To Stop Bringing Girls To Have Sex In My Apartment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by DaySpringer: 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2019
There is this general saying... That you can meet a man in two months and he can have good intentions and marry you and there are men that can pretend for as much as year just to have sex with you and still leave after he has gotten what he wanted.

I don't believe in "A man will be loyal for who he wants to be loyal for". That is just a platitude that many ladies use to placate themselves after making poor judgements in character. They also use this to stop themselves from going into more detailed analysis of what they have missed during the relationships and the red flags that they may have ignored.

Loyalty is a core character trait that is not turned off or on depending on the person that the man is involved. Loyal men would rather break up than cheat.

So How can a lady Identify a Good man that is serious and has good intentions for her.
Ladies you are invited to share your opinion based on your experience.

What are the red flags that give you advance warning that at the midst of all the pretence that this guy might not be whole he really seems.

I have a belief that no matter how someone pretends, they cannot do a 100% perfect pretence game just the same way no football team can maintain 100% possession in a 90 mins football game, that is the same way that a pretended will at one time inadvertently reveal his true intentions.

So Ladies, based on experience what are the tell tale signs and

Guys, give the ladies a sneak peak in the way we think, what are the ways that a guy might drop the ball in his pretence game , that a lady might be tempted to just ignore as part of relationship issues that she absolutely must not.

Don't view and Pass, your comments and posts might just save someone from an even severe heartbreak.
Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by HRHQueenPhil(f): 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2019
for someone like me fully led by the HOLY SPIRIT, i can assure that
1. that man will call u everyday even its just 2 hear ur voice
2. he will introduce u 2 his family, friends and refer u 2 pple as wife2be
3. he always want to hold ur hand in public and stay near u so even the blind will know ua re a couple
4. he begins 2 ask or seek ur opinions and see ur reactions to issues relating to marriage
5. he will try 2 have sex with u, but if he sees u are a good geh, he wont force. the disciplined ones wont ask at all grin
Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by DaySpringer: 3:54am On Aug 08, 2019
HRHQueenPhil:
1. that man will call u everyday even if it is just to hear your voice
2. he will introduce u 2 his family, friends and refer you to people as wife2be
3. he always want to hold ur hand in public and stay near u so even the blind will know that you are a couple
4. he begins 2 ask or seek ur opinions and see ur reactions to issues relating to marriage
5. he will try 2 have sex with u, but if he sees u are a good geh, he wont force. the disciplined ones wont ask at all grin

I feel that many guys that are pretending can always fake all of these things you have mentioned above.
Yoruba girls are especially known to be good at number 2.

Is there anything you can add that will help a lady to determine he is for real that is so uncommon that she must definitely believe it?
or conversely what can a lady spot that is a bad sign that his man is not for her, especially when he has otherwise been good so far.
Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by XhosaNostra(f): 5:43am On Aug 08, 2019
I believe every individual has their own set of rules, land mines & deal breakers in a relationship. Some more specific than others.

I don't know about how other people go about it, but I always state mine very early on, so it is understood from the get go what my values are.
Like you said, things like loyalty don't change depending on which direction the wind blows. My core values also remain the same no matter who I choose to be with & I cannot compromise on them.

Relationships are a learning curve, so even though I've been in quite a few, I still don't know what the qualities of a 'good man' are supposed be lol. I only know what gels with me. A man is as 'good' as his beliefs vs. my own, I'd say. If we have a lot in common, we're 'good'.

Now a subject I'm very certain about is who is not right for me. This one is not as complicated as trying to figure out who's good. It's clear cut & simple. It all goes back to my FIXED & 'NOT ABOUT TO CHANGE ANYTIME SOON' core beliefs. I value things like communication, consistency, honesty & of course, loyalty. Try me on ANY of these things & the end is nigh. I think I'm pretty uncomplicated that way smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by nisai: 6:54am On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:
I believe every individual has their own set of rules, land mines & deal breakers in a relationship. Some more specific than others.

I don't know about how other people go about it, but I always state mine very early on, so it is understood from the get go what my values are.
Like you said, things like loyalty don't change depending on which direction the wind blows. My core values also remain the same no matter who I choose to be with & I cannot compromise on them.

Relationships are a learning curve, so even though I've been in quite a few, I still don't know what the qualities of a 'good man' are supposed be lol. I only know what gels with me. A man is as 'good' as his beliefs vs. my own, I'd say. If we have a lot in common, we're 'good'.

Now a subject I'm very certain about is who is not right for me. This one is not as complicated as trying to figure out who's good. It's clear cut & simple. It all goes back to my FIXED & 'NOT ABOUT TO CHANGE ANYTIME SOON' core beliefs. I value things like communication, consistency, honesty & of course, loyalty. Try me on ANY of these things & the end is nigh. I think I'm pretty uncomplicated that way smiley

3 Likes

Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by XhosaNostra(f): 6:59am On Aug 08, 2019
[quote author=nisai post=81051036][/quote]

Oh of course, yes!

What are your own views on the subject?
Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by Hoodbilonia: 7:02am On Aug 08, 2019
Youbsound like a 200level student
Abegi
Nonsense write up
Na yankee dat kind stupid man of yours go dey,den u go turn am to mumu and remote control

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by nisai: 7:32am On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Oh of course, yes!

What are your own views on the subject?
What else? Couldn't you see me applauding you? I could not have put it better.

Simple, a serious man will do his all to keep a woman's love and loyalty to himself. He would try and adapt himself to a woman's principles just to keep her happy and secure. He fervently pursues an everlasting bond of union with the woman (marriage).

I love you wink wink

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by XhosaNostra(f): 7:58am On Aug 08, 2019
nisai:
What else? Couldn't you see me applauding you? I could not have put it better.

Simple, a serious man will do his all to keep a woman's love and loyalty to himself. He would try and adapt himself to a woman's principles just to keep her happy and secure. He fervently pursues an everlasting bond of union with the woman (marriage).

I love you wink wink

It's not about one having to adapt to the other though. At least that's not how I want it or expect it to be.

Relationships are not by force. You don't have to be in one, for starters. You also don't have to "adjust" or morph yourself into someone's idea of an ideal partner just to be in a relationship with them. Nope, that I don't agree with. That's being disingenuous. A natural flow/fit is much better. Noone has to go through a personality makeover for the other. You just stay true to who you are. They either match up or they don't. SIMPLE. I'm very big on individuality. Like, who I am, my identity, things I believe in etc are all extremely important to me. I will never change them for anyone, just like I don't expect anyone to change who they are for me. Do you get my point?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by nisai: 9:02am On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:

It's not about one having to adapt to the other though. At least that's not how I want it or expect it to be.

Relationships are not by force. You don't have to be in one, for starters. You also don't have to "adjust" or morph yourself into someone's idea of an ideal partner just to be in a relationship with them. Nope, that I don't agree with. That's being disingenuous. A natural flow/fit is much better. Noone has to go through a personality makeover for the other. You just stay true to who you are. They either match up or they don't. SIMPLE. I'm very big on individuality. Like, who I am, my identity, things I believe in etc are all extremely important to me. I will never change them for anyone, just like I don't expect anyone to change who they are for me. Do you get my point?
Yea I get you wella. I was not saying one should lose his fundamental tendencies (that's impossible anyway) in other to fit into a woman's appreciation. To make it 'till death do us apart' one has to bend principles, make sacrifices etc. With time, they both blend in.

Abi bawo ni ( or how you you see it)?

3 Likes

Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by XhosaNostra(f): 9:05am On Aug 08, 2019
nisai:
Yea I get you wella. I was not saying one should lose his fundamental tendencies (that's impossible anyway) in other to fit into a woman's appreciation. To make it 'till death do us apart' one has to bend principles, make sacrifices etc. With time, they both blend in.

Abi bawo ni ( or how you you see it)?

I see what you mean. The bolded is one of the hardest things to do. It creates resentment.
Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by nisai: 9:21am On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:

I see what you mean. The bolded is one of the hardest things to do. It creates resentment.
OK I agree.

How my feelings now? grin grin wink My heart is.................

1 Like

Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by XhosaNostra(f): 9:22am On Aug 08, 2019
nisai:
OK I agree.

How my feelings now? grin grin wink My heart is.................

Lol, why?
Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by nisai: 9:33am On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Lol, why?
You know stop pretending. Right now I feel like lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I feel like lipsrsealed lipsrsealed oh!

I no fit talk am here give me private contact.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by XhosaNostra(f): 9:38am On Aug 08, 2019
nisai:
You know stop pretending. Right now I feel like lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I feel like lipsrsealed lipsrsealed oh!

Lol & invite a migraine for myself? No thanks.

What's the meaning behind your name?
Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by livingoracle: 9:44am On Aug 08, 2019
#ATTENTION

ARE YOU RAW, HOT, SEXY, DIRTY & NAUGHTY

I MEAN DAMN SERIOUS AND NAUGHTY...
A Bitch/Nigga

If u wish to join our NAUGHTY, DIRTY, HOT & RAW whatsapp group PLATFORM, I've good news for you

To those who are not in a good Naughty matured group yet, Are you naughty, crazy, Raw, Hot and fun to be with; responsible, reasonable, educative, sexy, classic, handsome, Matured,

"PLEASE THIS IS NOT A SAINT GROUP!" IF YOU AREN'T SURE OF WHAT IT MEANS, DON'T JOIN US. ...IF U ARE NAUGHTY, RAW, HOT, BOLD, DIRTY ...AND YOU LIKE TO MINGLE....� MATURED PEOPLE ONLY
Follow this link for a brief interview and clearance before admitting you into the main Group.

PLEASE WHEN YOU JOIN THE PROBATION PLATFORM USING THE LINK BELOW, WAIT FOR ANY OF THE ADMINS TO PROBE AND INTIMATE YOU WITH OUR CODE OF CONDUCT. We are HUMANS, DON'T EXPECT US TO REACT TO YOUR ARRIVAL IMMEDIATELY, ESPECIALLY WHEN WE AREN'T ONLINE AT THE TIME YOU JOINED.

��������

https:///LseGqtBem1RGxMmF7FQKPt
Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by Akinbahm(m): 9:56am On Aug 08, 2019
HRHQueenPhil:
1. that man will call u everyday even its just 2 hear ur voice
2. he will introduce u 2 his family, friends and refer u 2 pple as wife2be
3. he always want to hold ur hand in public and stay near u so even the blind will know ua re a couple
Gurl if a guy does all those fiver rules to you my dear u on ur own oooo Guys of today aren't smiling...
First rule: I av a friend (guy) he can use is last kobo intended for food consumption to get recharge card to call a babe he want to get laid with... am giving u my words he can do it continuously for a month.
2nd rule: Is the fastest means to get a lady down thinking she has gotten to her final destination sis all nah scam ( u go hear greet ur baba oko very well whereas all nah fori fori)
3rd rule: .....
4th rule: .....
5th rule: this one nah 50/ 50 if He actually want to settle with the gurl he gonna back up and might not even initiate it again till Marriage night but if He is not interested in Marriage my dear he pull off for u to dey relax thinking he's not after sek. Use ur brain when dealing with guys not ur Heart

1 Like

Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by nisai: 9:59am On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Lol & invite a migraine for myself? No thanks.

What's the meaning behind your name?
Migraine kwa? I promise NEVER.

'Nisai', which I dedicated to my mother and all good women in the world, is an arabic lexicon, a plural of 'al-imrahatu' (woman), means women.

Tell me yours.

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by XhosaNostra(f): 10:10am On Aug 08, 2019
nisai:
Migraine kwa? I promise NEVER.

'Nisai', which I dedicated to my mother and all good women in the world, is an arabic lexicon, a plural of 'al-imrahatu' (woman), means women.

Tell me yours.

Wow, well thought out.

Mine is just word play from Cosa Nostra (the mob). Xhosa is obviously my ethnicity. So I guess you can say it's a combination of my identity & my intrigue (the underworld).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by WORLDPEACE(m): 10:11am On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Wow, well thought out.

Mine is just word play from Cosa Nostra (the mob). Xhosa is obviously my ethnicity. So I guess you can say it's a combination of my identity & my intrigue (the underworld).

Hmmn
Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by nisai: 10:13am On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Wow, well thought out.

Glad you like it.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by XhosaNostra(f): 10:14am On Aug 08, 2019
WORLDPEACE:

Hmmn

What?
Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by WORLDPEACE(m): 10:18am On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:

What?

I did not know the meaning before.
Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by XhosaNostra(f): 10:43am On Aug 08, 2019
WORLDPEACE:

I did not know the meaning before.

Check your mailbox.
Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by nisai: 11:05am On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Check your mailbox.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by WORLDPEACE(m): 11:17am On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Check your mailbox.
Replied.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by vincentjk(m): 11:20am On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Check your mailbox.

You left the other guy interested in your contact just to give another guy your number via dm

Not a good thing to do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by vincentjk(m): 11:21am On Aug 08, 2019
nisai:

she likes you bro, she's just forming hard to get

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by XhosaNostra(f): 11:22am On Aug 08, 2019
nisai:
grin grin

Lol, you don't even know what it's about tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by XhosaNostra(f): 11:25am On Aug 08, 2019
vincentjk:

You left the other guy interested in your contact just to give another guy your number via dm

Not a good thing to do

Because it's about something more important.
Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by vincentjk(m): 11:27am On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Because it's about something more important.

Ok but do listen to him... I think he likes you personally

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Things You Can Use To Tell A Serious & Good Man by XhosaNostra(f): 11:28am On Aug 08, 2019
vincentjk:

Ok but do listen to him... I think he likes you personally

Noted smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Nigerian Food Makes Your Penis Bigger Naturally? / Every Pussy Has It Dick Size, Know This. / Am I Doing Anything Wrong With My "Sister"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.