Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,124 members, 7,828,993 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork (18889 Views)

Meet Ebere Asonibe, A Graduate Who Is A Native Doctor / Female Graduate Who Sells Fruit In Benue (Photo) / Man In Aba Charges N20 To Cross People On Bad Road With Wheelbarrow (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 16, 2019
Baroba:
Send me her number, let me bless her hustle..I love enterprising people..
Abeg bless me to bro, I'm a big hustler as well
0234594971, Wema bank
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by mechanics(m): 11:40pm On Aug 16, 2019
She's really hardworking and not like those slay queens out there.
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by timesup234: 2:19am On Aug 17, 2019
I bet she only sell food 3 thrice a week. 150k in two months is two small for someone selling food. The average woman pushing a wheel barrow make over 110k monthly. Many have built their houses. Nigeria is the greatest country in the world, only lazy and jobless youth come online to type rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by MrDoGood(m): 4:17am On Aug 17, 2019
Yamleg:
Nigerians are too quick to judge.
The fact that whenever you passes the barbershop in your street, you always see the barber working doesn't mean you should conclude that the barber is making big money daily.
What happens to the time he's always asleep in his shop due to lack of customers?
What's ur point exactly ? grin grin
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by Passionate1(m): 4:48am On Aug 17, 2019
victorian:
Shame on the lawyer husband. He can't even pull resources and open a shop for her.

That's rubbish hustle. What's the difference between she and an illiterate woman selling the same thing.

This one is not thinking out of the box , at all. She's more or less living a burdened life with an extra mouth (husband) to cater for. And she will say she's married. I hear.
She's wiser and braver than you. .He who has overcome his fears will truly be free. .

1 Like

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by wapana(m): 5:39am On Aug 17, 2019
That's good & interesting.But initially,he didn't go to University to become a food seller in the wheelbarrow.Nigerian Govt. wil think about the kind of suffering many graduates face today while they are there busy looting.
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by Mummymahdi(f): 6:48am On Aug 17, 2019
Madlov3:
She should at least get a store. This is too demeaning. This is an insult to the Nigerian Education system. Shame on the lawyer husband.

see different way of thinking, think positive, dream positive, look and overview things /situations positively
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by dalygoodfellow: 8:03am On Aug 17, 2019
God punish Devil!!!, imagine a Graduate earning 20k as a teacher
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by XaintJoel20: 9:22am On Aug 17, 2019
Unclesamo:
. it's not too late now. start now
I have started long ago. I am typing from my shop now. Thanks.
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by XaintJoel20: 9:22am On Aug 17, 2019
Unclesamo:
. it's not too late now. start now
I have started long ago. I am typing from my shop now. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by victorian(f): 9:55am On Aug 17, 2019
Passionate1:

She's wiser and braver than you. .He who has overcome his fears will truly be free. .

Story! If you know my profile outside Nairaland, you will realise she no reach where I dey, that's one. Then two! I cant be so brainless and be hawking food as a graduate. Heavens forbid. It cannot happen. Why did I go to school then? If I can't create jobs for people.

She no try at all

And her husband is even worse off!

But anyways may God bless her hustle and give her an helper.

Cause she is suffering if you don't know.

Such suffering angry
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by Passionate1(m): 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2019
victorian:

Irrelevant gibberish! I know ur type.
What profile? Do u even have 10 million in ur Bank account. U fit dash her 1m naira grin

Story! If you know my profile outside Nairaland, you will realise she no reach where I dey, that's one. Then two! I cant be so brainless and be hawking food as a graduate. Heavens forbid. It cannot happen. Why did I go to school then? If I can't create jobs for people.

She no try at all

Such suffering angry
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by Passionate1(m): 4:52pm On Aug 17, 2019
victorian:

She no try at all

Such suffering angry
Irrelevant gibberish! I know ur type
What profile? Do u even have 10million in ur Bank account. U fit dash her 1m naira grin

1 Like

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by Emmzy201(m): 5:02pm On Aug 17, 2019
XaintJoel20:
She is partially right. What most Nigerian graduates glory over as salary at the end of the month is what most artisans, market people and roadside food vendors like this woman make in days.
Nigeria's education has been so bastardized that sometime many graduates are ashamed to tell people they are graduates.
If I had the the orientation I have now some years back, I would have been a multimillionaire long before now.
Nigeria is arguably the worst place to be a graduate.
I want to learn from you sir
I need that orientation
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by victorian(f): 5:22pm On Aug 17, 2019
Passionate1:

Irrelevant gibberish! I know ur type
What profile? Do u even have 10million in ur Bank account. U fit dash her 1m naira grin

Say one tangible reason why I have to dash her 1million naira?

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by XaintJoel20: 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2019
Emmzy201:

I want to learn from you sir
I need that orientation

I may not be able to relay everything here on Nairaland except I create a trend of which I don't have the time.
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by Emmzy201(m): 9:06am On Aug 18, 2019
XaintJoel20:

I may not be able to relay everything here on Nairaland except I create a trend of which I don't have the time.
Please sir, find time to create one and mention me
I don't wanna depend on anyone again
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by CeterisXVIII: 12:42pm On Aug 19, 2019
victorian:

She no try at all

Such suffering angry

Do not despise the days of small beginnings. From that wheelbarrow, she can expand her business to a food cart or a food caravan/truck.

In my area, I have seen two couples selling food from a mobile kitchen or caravan/truck. They bring in their vehicles before 9a.m. and finish selling breakfast by 11a.m. From 12 noon to 4 p.m they sell lunch packs to workers, traders and other interested parties.

You need to see the queue of people who rush in, to buy their food.

There are some areas in Victoria Island, Ikoyi and Lagos Island with huge offices and posh restaurants. Middle level to junior workers in such establishments, cannot patronise the expensive food outlets. So their saving grace is just these food truck owners who sell good quality affordable meals, at reasonable prices.

On weekends, they take their food truck to different locations and exhibition areas, to sell food. They are planning to launch an online food catering business by end of this year. Everybody's vision is different.

We cannot all have the same approach to business. Do what works for you, and let the next person do what works for him.

What kills small businesses, is that most times the owners do not start small and learn all the intricacies of the business very well, before expanding it or taking on additional staff.

This lady selling food from a wheelbarrow will have more experience or success, running a cafeteria or restaurant, if she decides to scale up.

I bet, she already knows how many plates of cooked rice, she can get from one mudu or De Rica cup of raw rice. She knows how to source her ingredients faster, fresher and more economically than one big Madam who just opens a fancy restaurant with many cooks & waiters, because her husband funded it, in order to give her something to her name.

I respect this woman with the wheelbarrow, and I pray God changes her story to glory, one day!
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by CeterisXVIII: 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2019
orunmila144:
oh she married ? and her husband is letting her do that ?
And what on earth is wrong with what she is doing? shocked

Last time I checked, she was:

1). Earning a living;
2). Providing a product (i.e food) to meet the needs of the public, in return for a fee;
3). Keeping herself busy doing a legit business;
4). Putting money in her pocket and food on the table, from her earnings;
5). Not making a nuisance of herself by being a beggar;
6). Not asking you for a dime to supplement her income, because she was broke.

Now, what is your beef again? The fact that she decided to abandon her ego and pride, and settle for a business that puts food on her table, in a legit manner?
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by CeterisXVIII: 1:00pm On Aug 19, 2019
CodeTemplar:
I commend her for her courage and management skill but condemn her for lack of creativity and innovativeness.

Why condemn her?
The wheelbarrow is looking so dirty for someone who claims she made 150k in two month or averaged 75k in first two month of operation. Why not go for a bigger and neater cart, possible a electrically powered one that's rechargeable and start thinking of how to establish on outlet. once the formula for two outlets are gotten she can do really wonderful things from there.
That wheelbarrow is a limitation in a sense because it limits the volume of trade she can do.

75k is still above the salary some people join secret society for.
How do you know that she is not saving up to change her wheel barrow to a more dignified food cart?

Don't forget that she started with just 5,000 naira. Such an amount will not be enough to fabricate or manufacture a posh food cart.

She is probably planning to do the business for a while and then plough back the proceeds, into the business to expand it. Next time you see her, she might have a food cart similar to the one you can see below. cheesy

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by victorian(f): 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2019
CeterisXVIII:

Do not despise the days of small beginnings. From that wheelbarrow, she can expand her business to a food cart or a food caravan/truck.

In my area, I have seen two couples selling food from a mobile kitchen or caravan/truck. They bring in their vehicles before 9a.m. and finish selling breakfast by 11a.m. From 12 noon to 4 p.m they sell lunch packs to workers, traders and other interested parties.

You need to see the queue of people who rush in, to buy their food.

There are some areas in Victoria Island, Ikoyi and Lagos Island with huge offices and posh restaurants. Middle level to junior workers in such establishments, cannot patronise the expensive food outlets. So their saving grace is just these food truck owners who sell good quality affordable meals, at reasonable prices.

On weekends, they take their food truck to different locations and exhibition areas, to sell food. They are planning to launch an online food catering business by end of this year. Everybody's vision is different.

We cannot all have the same approach to business. Do what works for you, and let the next person do what works for him.

What kills small businesses, is that most times the owners do not start small and learn all the intricacies of the business very well, before expanding it or taking on additional staff.

This lady selling food from a wheelbarrow will have more experience or success, running a cafeteria or restaurant, if she decides to scale up.

I bet, she already knows how many plates of cooked rice, she can get from one mudu or De Rica cup of raw rice. She knows how to source her ingredients faster, fresher and more economically than one big Madam who just opens a fancy restaurant with many cooks & waiters, because her husband funded it, in order to give her something to her name.

I respect this woman with the wheelbarrow, and I pray God changes her story to glory, one day!

You are right.

It's well.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by orunmila144: 4:14pm On Aug 19, 2019
CeterisXVIII:

And what on earth is wrong with what she is doing? shocked

Last time I checked, she was:

1). Earning a living;
2). Providing a product (i.e food) to meet the needs of the public, in return for a fee;
3). Keeping herself busy doing a legit business;
4). Putting money in her pocket and food on the table, from her earnings;
5). Not making a nuisance of herself by being a beggar;
6). Not asking you for a dime to supplement her income, because she was broke.

Now, what is your beef again? The fact that she decided to abandon her ego and pride, and settle for a business that puts food on her table, in a legit manner?
am saying she is open to molestation by area boys. area boys usually rub the yanch of these food sellers lmao. you will let your wife do that ?
Re: Graduate Who Sells Food With A Wheelbarrow Reveals She Makes More Than Paidwork by CeterisXVIII: 7:55pm On Aug 19, 2019
orunmila144:
am saying she is open to molestation by area boys. area boys usually rub the yanch of these food sellers lmao. you will let your wife do that ?
Has she told you she cannot defend herself? Is it every single food seller that area boys molest?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Questions A Job Seeker Shouldn't Ask In An Interview. / How Much Was The First Salary You Ever Earned? / Employees, Are We Going To See You In January Abi O Ti Lo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.