Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos (19090 Views)

Prophet Onyeze Jesus: 'I Will Raise Dead Bodies On The 28 Of January' / ‘I Saw Him Clearly, He Became President Of Nigeria’ – Popular Ghanaian Prophet P / Michael Job: The 'Jesus' In Kenya Is An Evangelist (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 8:25am On Aug 21, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

What other way should He be now? Why should we expect Him to be different than He looks in Revelation?

If those testimonies and experiences contradict the Bible, why should they be accepted as true?

Thanks very much. Not that I need luck at all.

So those that had heavenly experiences, visions, NDEs and all that...and corroborated their testimonies with the picture are all liars?

Cheers

1 Like

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 8:26am On Aug 21, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

There is only one Bible. It has 66 books, yes.

You mean the first version of King James Bible - 1611 version has only 66 books?
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 8:28am On Aug 21, 2019

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Ihedinobi3: 8:28am On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:

So those that had heavenly experiences, visions, NDEs and all that...and corroborated their testimonies with the picture are all liars...

Cheers
How is it corroboration when they witness to their own testimonies? Corroboration requires at least one external witness.

As I said, if they contradict the Bible, they lied.

Thank you.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Ihedinobi3: 8:30am On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:

You mean the first version of King James Bible - 1611 version has only 66 books?
See the edited version of my response. As for this, I have not a single clue how King James Bible got into this conversation at all. How do you do this conjuring you keep doing with my posts to produce things out of them that were not even in my mind to begin with?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 8:30am On Aug 21, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

How is it corroboration when they witness to their own testimonies? Corroboration requires at least one external witness.

As I said, if they contradict the Bible, they lied.

Thank you.

Please read the countless testimonies of other people's experience. If it's not corroboration, then what else is it? A conspiracy theory?

https://www.nairaland.com/5368368/jesus-saw-same-drawn-eight#81427343
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 8:32am On Aug 21, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

See the edited version of my response. As for this, I have not a single clue how King James Bible got into this conversation at all. How do you do this conjuring you keep doing with my posts to produce things out of them that were not even in my mind to begin with?

Mr man, I showed you the first version of the Bible has more than 66 books in it.

Also, the Ethiopian Bible which is the oldest and most complete bible today has more than 66 books in it. Inclusive of the books in 1611 version of KJV.

The biggest joke I've seen are those who think all the words of God can be tied down and limited to a selected number of books.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Ihedinobi3: 8:34am On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:

Please read the countless testimonies of other people's experience. If it's not corroboration, then what else is it? A conspiracy theory?

https://www.nairaland.com/5368368/jesus-saw-same-drawn-eight#81427343
I'm not about to waste more time on that. I was only asking how drawing pictures of what one claims to see is any kind of corroboration of one's testimony. Perhaps if their picture matches something we already know of what they saw, we might consider it some kind of witness, but then it would only gain credence from what we already know, not give independent credence to what they say.

As for a conspiracy theory, I don't care much for those. But I know that people like celebrity, so they do a lot of things - sometimes dishonest things - to attract attention to themselves.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 8:39am On Aug 21, 2019
@Ihedinobi3, the glorified form of Jesus in Revelation 1 is different from his earthly form. You have been told this on this thread earlier.

There's a nairalander who has seen Jesus in both versions.

tomtween1:

True...
1 - I guess I saw him in his glorious form as a child in dream. I couldn't look at his face because a very bright light radiates from his face like the trans figuration. His robes was gloriously White.

2 - In his earthly form, it was early last year. I closed my eyes and saw him and he looks almost as exact as the picture uploaded by the Op.
I remember waking up and telling my friend that "I think I saw Jesus".... I wrote it down in my diary. Even though it happened in split seconds, I still remember how he looks.

Glory to God that he showed himself to an unworthy sinner like myself...
https://www.nairaland.com/5368368/jesus-saw-same-drawn-eight#81427202

Feel free to call him a liar as well...
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Ihedinobi3: 8:40am On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:

Mr man, I showed you the first version of the Bible has more than 66 books in it.

Also, the Ethiopian Bible which is the oldest and most complete bible today has more than 66 books in it. Inclusive of the books in 1611 version of KJV.

The biggest joke I've seen are those who think all the words of God can be tied down and limited to a selected number of books.
You did? I wasn't aware that you did. You see, the reason is that I'm dead certain that the Bible that Peter read was not the King James Version. And the first complete Bible, or rather the first complete collection of Scriptures, was not even in English. It was partly in Hebrew with a little Aramaic in a few verses in the Old Testament and partly in Greek (that is, the whole New Testament). That was more than one and a half thousand years before the King James Bible. And it certainly preceded this Ethiopian Bible that you speak of.

As for jokes, believe me, it is to avoid being rude that I have not laughed at all the things that you have been saying. If the Word of God is not to be limited at all, then everything may very well be the Word of God! If that is the case, then what is anyone disagreeing with anyone else for? There are no lies. Everything is true. And there is no Satan, since even Satan is another friendly agent of God's speaking His Truth to us.

But you don't believe that, do you?
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Ihedinobi3: 8:41am On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:
@Ihedinobi3, the glorified form of Jesus in Revelation 1 is different from his earthly form. You have been told this on this thread earlier.

There's a nairalander who has seen Jesus in both versions.

https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?post=81427202&topic=5368368

Feel free to call him a liar as well...
Oh I do. I mean why would Jesus be in any kind of earthly form? What does that even mean?
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 8:42am On Aug 21, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Oh I do. I mean why would Jesus be in any kind of earthly form? What does that even mean?

So while Jesus was on earth, he was exactly as John described him in Revelation 1 right?
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 8:44am On Aug 21, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

You did? I wasn't aware that you did. You see, the reason is that I'm dead certain that the Bible that Peter read was not the King James Version. And the first complete Bible, or rather the first complete collection of Scriptures, was not even in English. It was partly in Hebrew with a little Aramaic in a few verses in the Old Testament and partly in Greek (that is, the whole New Testament). That was more than one and a half thousand years before the King James Bible. And it certainly preceded this Ethiopian Bible that you speak of.

As for jokes, believe me, it is to avoid being rude that I have not laughed at all the things that you have been saying. I[b]f the Word of God is not to be limited at all, then everything may very well be the Word of God![/b] If that is the case, then what is anyone disagreeing with anyone else for? There are no lies. Everything is true. And there is no Satan, since even Satan is another friendly agent of God's speaking His Truth to us.

But you don't believe that, do you?

The Word of God is not limited to what is written.

What would you also call prophecies given to Prophets in this generation that comes to pass? What are those?

The Holy Spirit is the litmus test of TRUTH. And the passage of time eventually confirms the TRUTH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Ihedinobi3: 8:47am On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:

So while Jesus was on earth, he was exactly as John described him in Revelation 1 right?
Of course not. He wasn't resurrected or glorified then. Unless you mean after the Resurrection, in which case, I would say that the Bible does not tell us what He looked like then. He wasn't brilliant with glory then, yes, since He had not yet ascended, but what else we know is that His disciples couldn't recognize Him unless He helped them to.

So, we have no idea what He looked like beyond His appearance in Revelation 1. And if anyone told me that He saw the Lord Jesus looking just like that, I'd say, "well, the Bible does describe Him that way, so maybe you did." And that would be the end of it. But if they proceed to start saying things that are inconsistent with the Bible on the basis of their purported vision, I would say that it wasn't the Jesus of the Bible that they saw.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 8:48am On Aug 21, 2019
EnthronedbyGod:

How did you take a post from another thread and post it here, I want to move this witchcraft stuff to another thread altogether but don't know how to go about it, please reply me before I'm back, or do you think I should continue here, cos I also think the people that left probably left for some reasons, best known to them, cos anybody who followed this thread knew I said that questions are welcome which indirectly means the thread wasn't closed.
Though I feel a leading to continue here and probably someone help me post the link to this thread somewhere especially the page where the witchcraft began.

@tweak2k this is the closest pics to Jesus that I've ever seen, though it needs some corrections, but it's not so serious a difference, especially the first one

It's far better than the man made Jesus that they have used to brainwash many Christians through wallpapers, images, statutes,pics and movies.

This is the closest though not perfect, like the cheeks, the hairs are not so perfect, but it's okay by me, for no one can get the perfect pics

https://www.nairaland.com/5252047/cultism-spiritual-consequences-deliverance-through/51#81404240

@Ihedinobi3, this could be another "liar" according to you
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Ihedinobi3: 8:49am On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:

The Word of God is not limited to what is written.

What would you also call prophecies given to Prophets in this generation that comes to pass? What are those?

The Holy Spirit is the litmus test of TRUTH. And the passage of time eventually confirms the TRUTH
And why should I believe you? Are you God then?

What prophets? There is no prophecy going on today (1Corinthians 13:8; Hebrews 1:1-2).

The Holy Spirit does help us to learn the Truth, but I don't know what you mean when you say that He is the litmus test of the Truth. As for the passage of time, sure, but the Bible confirms the Truth first.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 8:51am On Aug 21, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Of course not. He wasn't resurrected or glorified then. Unless you mean after the Resurrection, in which case, I would say that the Bible does not tell us what He looked like then. He wasn't brilliant with glory then, yes, since He had not yet ascended, but what else we know is that His disciples couldn't recognize Him unless He helped them to.

So, we have no idea what He looked like beyond His appearance in Revelation 1. And if anyone told me that He saw the Lord Jesus looking just like that, I'd say, "well, the Bible does describe Him that way, so maybe you did." And that would be the end of it. But if they proceed to start saying things that are inconsistent with the Bible on the basis of their purported vision, I would say that it wasn't the Jesus of the Bible that they saw.

Time will tell when you eventually see Him. But coming out to discount the experiences of others as lies...too bad
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Ihedinobi3: 8:52am On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:

https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?post=81404240&topic=5252047

@Ihedinobi3, this could be another "liar" according to you
Exactly why do you keep showing me more? Do you think that maybe if you showed me many or all of them I would suddenly crack and begin to believe that maybe you all are seeing the Lord?

Save yourself the time and energy. I'm not going to change my mind on the basis of these "testimonies."
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 8:52am On Aug 21, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

And why should I believe you? Are you God then?

What prophets? There is no prophecy going on today (1Corinthians 13:8; Hebrews 1:1-2).

The Holy Spirit does help us to learn the Truth, but I don't know what you mean when you say that He is the litmus test of the Truth. As for the passage of time, sure, but the Bible confirms the Truth first.

That means there is absolutely nobody in this generation with the gift of prophecy from the Holy Spirit?

That means there are no genuine prophets in this generation that reveals the mind of God on people's and nation's situations?

That means God no longer speaks since the times of the Bible?
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Ihedinobi3: 8:53am On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:

Time will tell when you eventually see Him. But coming out to discount the experiences of others as lies...too bad
Oh I will. And I'm sure that when I do, it will make up for all of this madness that those who believe the Bible have to endure from people like you and the poster.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 8:54am On Aug 21, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Exactly why do you keep showing me more? Do you think that maybe if you showed me many or all of them I would suddenly crack and begin to believe that maybe you all are seeing the Lord?

Save yourself the time and energy. I'm not going to change my mind on the basis of these "testimonies."

Enjoy yourself in your closed corner then.

This is one of the reasons the Saducees and Pharisees often disputed with Jesus. In their time, they thought everything ended with book of the Laws and the Prophets...

Cheers...
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 8:55am On Aug 21, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Oh I will. And I'm sure that when I do, it will make up for all of this madness that those who believe the Bible have to endure from people like you and the poster.

No worries bro, till then.

I understand.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Ihedinobi3: 8:55am On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:

That means there is absolutely nobody in this generation with the gift of prophecy from the Holy Spirit?

That means there are no genuine prophets in this generation that reveals the mind of God on people's and nation's situations?

That means God no longer speaks since the times of the Bible?
As for the gift of prophecy, yes indeed, it is an abeyance until the Tribulation. That is what I see in the Bible.

As for God's speaking, the Bible pretty much shouts everyday, but not many care to listen to what it has to say (Proverbs 1:20-33).
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 8:58am On Aug 21, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

As for the gift of prophecy, yes indeed, it is an abeyance until the Tribulation. That is what I see in the Bible.

As for God's speaking, the Bible pretty much shouts everyday, but not many care to listen to what it has to say (Proverbs 1:20-33).

Oh, that means the Gifts of the Holy Spirit excludes the gift of prophecy for this generation abi?

That means we don't have Prophets at all in this generation, and all Prophets are fraudsters? nice...
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Ihedinobi3: 8:59am On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:

Enjoy yourself in your closed corner then.

This is one of the reasons the Saducees and Pharisees often disputed with Jesus. In their time, they thought everything ended with book of the Laws and the Prophets...

Cheers...
Oh, no, you're so very wrong. The Pharisees, the Sadducees, the Scribes, and the priests all rejected Jesus because they rejected Moses too (John 5:46-47).

Thank you.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Ihedinobi3: 9:00am On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:

No worries bro, till then.

I understand.
Sure.

I hope you do.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Ihedinobi3: 9:01am On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:

Oh, that means the Gifts of the Holy Spirit excludes the gift of prophecy for this generation abi?

That means we don't have Prophets at all in this generation, and all Prophets are fraudsters? nice...
Pretty much. I mean, I believe whatever the Bible says. So, if it says that (and I see that it does), then yes, they all are.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 9:01am On Aug 21, 2019
@Ihedinobi

How does Paul saying Love is greater than prophecies, tongues and knowledge in 1 Corinthians 13 v 8 automatically means the gift of prophecy is in abeyance till the time of the tribulation?
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 9:03am On Aug 21, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Sure.

I hope you do.

I really do, it's good to have a skeptical mind.

Even Thomas doubted the resurrection of Jesus, but it turned out well eventually for Thomas and also for other believers who used that evidence to counter a heresy that sprung up within the church some decades later...
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 9:10am On Aug 21, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Oh, no, you're so very wrong. The Pharisees, the Sadducees, the Scribes, and the priests all rejected Jesus because they rejected Moses too (John 5:46-47).

Thank you.

They rejected Moses? but still administered Israel according to the Laws of Moses?
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Ihedinobi3: 9:12am On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:
@Ihedinobi

How does Paul saying Love is greater than prophecies, tongues and knowledge in 1 Corinthians 13 v 8 automatically means the gift of prophecy is in abeyance till the time of the tribulation?
Let me post the whole thing here:

[8]Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. [9]For we know in part and we prophesy in part; [10]but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.
1 Corinthians 13:8-10 NASB

That is, all the gifts given to help communicate and confirm the Truth to believers at the time would remain until the Truth was perfectly witnessed to in a complete, that is, perfect Bible that the Apostles and other special messengers of the Lord, like Mark, Like, James, and Jude were putting together. Once their testimony was complete, none of those gifts were necessary or reserved anymore. They were removed from the Church, so that all believers will focus on the Written Word and not be swayed or seduced by signs of power, just as human beings so very easily are.

When the Antichrist and his prophet come, those signs of power will be a major means of seduction for many so that even many believers will fall away because of them. Even now that he is not here, the spirit of antichrist is very much evident and there are all kinds of lying wonders seducing believers today. This is why Peter warns us to stay with the Bible and not fall into the trap of following visions that stand against the Certain Word of God (2 Peter 1:16-21; 1 Peter 1:21-2:2).
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Ihedinobi3: 9:14am On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:

I really do, it's good to have a skeptical mind.

Even Thomas doubted the resurrection of Jesus, but it turned out well eventually for Thomas and also for other believers who used that evidence to counter a heresy that sprung up within the church some decades later...
I doubt very much that you do, if you speak of skeptical minds here. I'm not doubting things here. I'm plain rejecting them because of what I believe to be true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Who Is The Founder Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Organization / Why You Must Make 2019 A Year Of Sexual Chastity / Aloysius Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Invited By Police Over Ozubulu Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.