Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos (19053 Views)

Prophet Onyeze Jesus: 'I Will Raise Dead Bodies On The 28 Of January' / ‘I Saw Him Clearly, He Became President Of Nigeria’ – Popular Ghanaian Prophet P / Michael Job: The 'Jesus' In Kenya Is An Evangelist (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by budaatum: 3:53pm On Aug 23, 2019
OkCornel:

Why did God give man the ability to Intuit? Logic eventually catches up with intuition.
Where did God give the ability to intuit?
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 4:48pm On Aug 23, 2019
budaatum:

Where did God give the ability to intuit?

It's more like also asking where God gave man the ability to tackle issues logically as well.

I'll give you some links to what it's about.

INTUITION & LOGIC
Intuition and Logic are two strategies for prediction and problem solving.

We hear so much about the virtues of logic that we'd be excused to believe that logic was somehow the superior method, but a quick analysis shows that most actions we perform on a daily basis mainly use intuition.

Logic is not better, just different. Both strategies have their advantages and apply in different situations. Sometimes we need to use both. Sometimes we can use either one, because the problem is so simple it doesn't much matter how we solve it. Sometimes it matters; if we happen to choose the wrong approach, it may prevent us from solving our problem.

Computer-based intuition - "Artificial Intuition" - is quite straightforward to implement, but requires computers (a recent invention) with a lot of memory (only recently available cheaply enough). These methods were simply unthinkable at the time AI got started, not to mention at the time we discovered the power of Logic and the Scientific Method. The tendency to continue down a chosen path may have delayed the discovery of Artificial Intuition by a few years.
http://artificial-intuition.com/intuition.html
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 4:50pm On Aug 23, 2019
The Science of Intuition: How to Measure 'Hunches' and 'Gut Feelings'

Whether you call it a "gut feeling," an "inner voice" or a "sixth sense," intuition can play a real part in people's decision making, a new study suggests.

For the first time, researchers devised a technique to measure intuition. After using this method, they found evidence that people can use their intuition to make faster, more accurate and more confident decisions, according to the findings, published online in April in the journal Psychological Science.

https://www.livescience.com/54825-scientists-measure-intuition.html
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2019
1Sharon:

Take that up with your friend openyoureyes1 he made the statement that god appears in any form...
Did you take it up with him because he'she your enemy?

You took up with him, so don't complain when someone else does same to you.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by 1Sharon(f): 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2019
jesusjnr:
Did you take it up with him because he'she your enemy?

You took up with him, so don't complain when someone else does same to you.

Who is talking about enemies?? Foh

Typical christard.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by budaatum: 7:31pm On Aug 23, 2019
OkCornel:

It's more like also asking where God gave man the ability to tackle issues logically as well.

"Sometimes we can use either one, because the problem is so simple it doesn't much matter how we solve it."
Sometimes it is simple, but I somehow do not agree that the things of the Lord God Almighty is ever simple. Just look at the size of the Word of the Lord!

It would be like claiming to see enough with one eye so covering the other eye! What happens to the eye you refuse to use?
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by mrZENographer: 8:41pm On Aug 23, 2019
OkCornel:

Isn't it refreshing worshiping a Jesus you have absolutely no clue on what he looks like?

Anyways, maybe Jesus is in hiding and not interested in revealing Himself to anyone except those that lived in Bible times.

We can as well use your advice to dismiss the revelation of John, or the conversion story of Saul to Paul where he encountered Jesus on the way to Damascus as well. Oh but guess what, since it's in the Bible...it has to be swallowed hook, line and sinker...

Hereby we know we have/know the truth
All the prophesies about the endtimes have come to pass except the Rapture and the New World Order. But we can all see the New World Order is manifesting gradually following the fall of the current financial world order.

Jesus warned us about people saying he is there. Isn't it coming to pass now? And the best answer that an unbeliever like you can come up with is the above statements.

1 Like

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2019
mrZENographer:

Hereby we know we have/know the truth
All the prophesies about the endtimes have come to pass except the Rapture and the New World Order. But we can all see the New World Order is manifesting gradually following the fall of the current financial world order.

Jesus warned us about people saying he is there. Isn't it coming to pass now? And the best answer that an unbeliever like you can come up with is the above statements.

What are you talking about new world order?

Has Jesus stopped revealing Himself to people since Bible times? Yes or No?

Jesus simply doesn't care to reveal Himself to people or what?

Oh please save your advice for Paul that had a vision of Jesus on the way to Damascus. If the early Christians could accept Paul's testimony, who are you to disregard this girl's own?

By the way, I'm very sure you read nothing about the Lady's testimony and that of many others corroborating same before typing your response here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by mrZENographer: 8:44pm On Aug 23, 2019
jesusjnr:
Don't worry about him, for he knows much better about this topic than you think, for someone that has seen the face of Jesus severally and knows exactly what he looks like.

That said, if it were up to men like you, he wouldn't be here for he's heard so many such things before from the lips of men, but he's here because he's not led by the flesh or the things that be of men, but by the Spirit of God.

But speaking of false witnesses, you can still try your luck if you'd succeed with your lies and ulterior motives .

You baffle me. Who is bringing false witnesses?
Isn't it you who is promoting a man/girl that claim to have seen Jesus. What a garbage.
I said If that goes against bible. How does that amount to false witnessing. Think straight bro.

1 Like

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
1Sharon:

Who is talking about enemies?? Foh

Typical christard.
Lol!

So your question was ulterior motivated?

If so, forgive for helping you with the answer.

Maybe you can still keep the answer until it becomes useful to you.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by mrZENographer: 8:53pm On Aug 23, 2019
OkCornel:

What are you talking about new world order?

Has Jesus stopped revealing Himself to people since Bible times? Yes or No?

Jesus simply doesn't care to reveal Himself to people or what?

O you don't know about the coming new world order and you are running your mouth anyhow.

Ofcourse Jesus has revealed himself to many people in Revelations and visions.

I said take everything people's claim about this topic with pinch of salt.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 8:56pm On Aug 23, 2019
mrZENographer:

O you don't know about the coming new world order and you are running your mouth anyhow.

Ofcourse Jesus has revealed himself to many people in Revelations and visions.

I said take everything people's claim about this topic with pinch of salt.

And I guess the girl in question is not part of the people Jesus revealed Himself to abi?

And the many other people from different parts of the world corroborating same are liars right?

Please go your way and take it with a pinch of salt. Same way you might have taken Paul's testimony for a pinch of salt as well...but since it's in the Bible, such double standards is allowable for you.

1 Like

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 9:00pm On Aug 23, 2019
Paul's vision of Jesus at Damascus is acceptable. Why?! Because it's in the Bible.

Akiane's vision of Jesus in her childhood should be taken with a pinch of salt. Why?! It's not in the Bible.

DOUBLE STANDARDS EVERYWHERE!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by 1Sharon(f): 9:08pm On Aug 23, 2019
jesusjnr:
Lol!

So your question was ulterior motivated?

If so, forgive for helping you with the answer.

Maybe you can still keep the answer until it becomes useful to you.

Which answer did you give?? You bloody Christians contradict each other. Your brother in Christ here said something and you are saying something else
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 9:08pm On Aug 23, 2019
Some of these doubters typing here, I'm pretty sure if you were living in Israel in the time of Jesus, you'll have a tough time accepting Jesus as the Messiah. Since your heads would be blocked with the Judaistic doctrines and mentality of a Messiah that would liberate the Jews from the oppression of Rome.

You will find it very difficult accepting the son of a Carpenter as the Messiah, and view anyone who has anything to do with Jesus as strange people too.

If Jesus performs miracles, you'll see that sorcery or magic.

Jesus, after all the good things He did, and the TRUTH that He lived for, He was still rejected and crucified by the Jews.

Fast forward to today, it's quite easy to blame the Pharisees and Saducees and numerous other Jews who voted to crucify Jesus, but I'm pretty sure if most of you were in their shoes, you'll do the same thing.

Displaying exactly the same kind of unbelief that Jesus can also reveal Himself to Akiane, and numerous others that corroborated same.

Even after hearing Culton Burpo's testimonies on Heaven and also seeing Jesus, you will still harden your hearts and doubt like the Pharisees.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 9:23pm On Aug 23, 2019
budaatum:

Sometimes it is simple, but I somehow do not agree that the things of the Lord God Almighty is ever simple. Just look at the size of the Word of the Lord!

It would be like claiming to see enough with one eye so covering the other eye! What happens to the eye you refuse to use?

That is why the Spirit of God is needed to give one understanding of the word. There's a limit to which human capacity can go. This clearly reminds me of how the Ethiopian eunuch was struggling to understand the writings of Isaiah, until a spirit filled Phillip tutored him.

You recall what Job said about " there's a Spirit in man, and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth understanding".

You also recall this scripture that states "The Spirit of a man is the candle of the Lord, searching the innermost part of his being"
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by budaatum: 9:36pm On Aug 23, 2019
OkCornel:

That is why the Spirit of God is needed to give one understanding of the word. There's a limit to which human capacity can go.

Why cover one eye if your human capacity is limited?
And how can a person covering one eye receive from the Spirit of God?

OkCornel:
You recall what Job said about " there's a Spirit in man, and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth understanding".
And what is man but mud if it were not inspired to receive inspiration from the Almighty?

OkCornel:
You also recall this scripture that states "The Spirit of a man is the candle of the Lord, searching the innermost part of his being"
It may state so, but that does not equate to license the man as the Lord. You will find it a common error in the righteous. They think they are "the candle" but see not because of the forest in their own eyes.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by budaatum: 9:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
1Sharon:

Which answer did you give?? You bloody Christians contradict each other. Your brother in Christ here said something and you are saying something else
We are independent people. We do not reason alike.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 9:44pm On Aug 23, 2019
budaatum:

And how can a person covering one eye receive from the Spirit of God?

And what is man but mud if it were not inspired to receive inspiration from the Almighty?

It may state so, but that does not equate to license the man as the Lord. You will find it a common error in the righteous. They think they are "the candle" but see not because of the forest in their own eyes.

Buda, I need to be a bit clear. Where's the covering one eye bit coming up from?

And please a bit more clarity on what you meant concerning "but that does not equate to license the man as the Lord". Because I don't see where I've put man and the Lord on the same level in terms of understanding and abilities.

Whilst in terms of capacity, the spirit in man might just be like comparing a 1GB flash drive to the the Spirit of the Lord whose storage capacity is infinite.

Thanks.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2019
1Sharon:

Lol!

You are very funny.

So if we contradict ourselves, who now appointed you a judge over us?

Or are you the one that appointed yourself?

If so, who gave you the right to appoint yourself?

Why not mind your business and look for your brothers in your atheistic faith who contradict themselves, so that you can now appoint yourself a judge over them?

So keep the answer I helped you with til it becomes useful to you as I said, so that when next you see other people's business you would come and put your nose inside.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by budaatum: 9:59pm On Aug 23, 2019
OkCornel:

Buda, I need to be a bit clear. Where's the covering one eye bit coming up from?

And please a bit more clarity on what you meant concerning "but that does not equate to license the man as the Lord". Because I don't see where I've put man and the Lord on the same level in terms of understanding and abilities.

Thanks.
Its complex, I guess and I'll try my best.

Intuition is how one assumes a thing to be. Its an initial understanding, the first impression we might have. Reason is the application of all the senses in gathering a better understanding of things.

Using one without the other is the covering of the eye and the hiding of a talent.

God does not give inspire those with empty heads!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meKhfr_CjQ0
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 10:02pm On Aug 23, 2019
budaatum:

Its complex, I guess and I'll try my best.

Intuition is how one assumes a thing to be. Its an initial understanding, the first impression we might have. Reason is the application of all the senses in gathering a better understanding of things.

Using one without the other is the covering of the eye and the hiding of a talent.

God does not give inspire those with empty heads!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meKhfr_CjQ0

Buda, how can you make a decision in a situation where you have little to no information, but you still have to make a right decision?

That's where logic falls short, and intuition (gut feeling, inner voice, 6th sense or whatever you choose to call it) steps up.

But if you've never encountered such scenarios, it will be tough to pass my points across.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by budaatum: 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
OkCornel:

Buda, how can you make a decision in a situation where you have little to no information, but you still have to make a right decision?
Like what? Is somebody holding a gun to my head?

Is it not true that the more critical the right decision the more I should seek information?

Give me an example of the decision you have in mind.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 10:14pm On Aug 23, 2019
budaatum:

Like what? Is somebody holding a gun to my head?

Is it not true that the more critical the right decision the more I should seek information?

Give me an example of the decision you have in mind.

Simple scenario is making a choice in multiple choice questions in an examination.

Where you have 5 options to choose from, but two options appear correct with all the information and analysis done from your end. e.g. tricky questions in verbal reasoning, philosophy e.t.c.

This is the simplest scenario I'll come up with.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by budaatum: 10:26pm On Aug 23, 2019
OkCornel:

Simple scenario is making a choice in multiple choice questions in an examination.

Where you have 5 options to choose from, but two options appear correct with all the information and analysis done from your end.

This is the simplest scenario I'll come up with.
OkCornel, the only reason I can find myself with "5 options to choose from, but two options appear correct" is precisely because the so called "all the information and analysis done from your end" is insufficient.

I would very strongly advice buda to [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25%3A1-13&version=NIV]study harder[/url] for when the Spirit of the Lord commeth. It would be very dangerous to leave such as these to intuition.

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 10:29pm On Aug 23, 2019
budaatum:

OkCornel, the only reason I can find myself with "5 options to choose from, but two options appear correct" is precisely because the so called "all the information and analysis done from your end" is insufficient.

I would very strongly advice buda to [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25%3A1-13&version=NIV]study harder[/url] for when the Spirit of the Lord commeth. It would be very dangerous to leave such as these to intuition.

You have missed the point entirely.

I guess there's no reason depending on God's help if man can figure out all the answers by the strength of his own understanding.

If it were by studying hard, perhaps there'll be no need for Phillip to teach the Ethiopian eunuch anything.

And for the umpteenth time, I am not equating man's ability to Intuit as the answer to all problems. I am highlighting it as a grossly underutilized ability in problem solving.

There's a limit to which logic can take you to. There's also a limit even which a combination of logic and intuition will take one to.

But with God's Spirit, nothing is impossible, unless it's not in line with His plans.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by budaatum: 10:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
OkCornel:

You have missed the point entirely.

I guess there's no reason depending on God's help if man can figure out all the answers by the strength of his own understanding.
You cannot be suggesting man should not try to figure out any of the answers by the strength of his own understanding because man is "depending on God's help"!

Why should man not contribute to God's help? Would God and man not succeed more if man tried a little?

1 Like

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 10:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
budaatum:

You cannot be suggesting man should not try to figure out any of the answers by the strength of his own understanding because man is "depending on God's help"!

Why should man not contribute to God's help? Would God and man not succeed more if man tried a little?

Figure out everything you can, but there's a limit the strength of your understanding will take you to. And that's where the Creator comes in, and comes down to your level to help.

I never said no one shouldn't try doing anything, it would be an irony to claim God gave us a mind and capacity to understand, and still turn around to say you shouldn't use them. I am clearly saying there's a limit you can get to, but a partnership with the Spirit of God will take you beyond such limits.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by 1Sharon(f): 10:43pm On Aug 23, 2019
budaatum:

We are independent people. We do not reason alike.

But all read the same book
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by budaatum: 10:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
OkCornel:

Figure out everything you can, but there's a limit the strength of your understanding will take you to. And that's where the Creator comes in.
True. But one must do quite a lot more than rely on intuition. You can't rely on it in an exam nor in crossing a busy road so I rather temper intuition with the God given superior ability to reason.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 10:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
budaatum:

True. But one must do quite a lot more than rely on intuition. You can't rely on it in an exam nor in crossing a busy road so I rather temper intuition with the God given superior ability to reason.

And even logic has its limitations.

Logic and intuition are both essential for problem solving.

If you'd like to see intuition at play, observe how a new born baby knows it's food is resident in the mammary glands of its mother. Where does that knowledge come from? Logic or intuition?
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by budaatum: 10:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
1Sharon:

But all read the same book
So? Do all the people who read the same book as you have the same understanding?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Eat To Live OR Live To Eat, Which Do You Belong To ? / Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective / Thank God! Finally I Don Port! From Atheism To Jesus! Update* Conversion Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.