Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? (21124 Views)

Murray-Bruce, Lai Mohammed At Genevieve Nnaji's Movie Premiere In Abuja / Enough With Nollywood Criticism - Time For Hollywood Criticism. / Ramsey Nouah And Emeka Enyiocha For Hollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 1:01am On Aug 02, 2005
hmmkay. Go Genny.. u will make it.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Latoya(f): 4:22am On Aug 02, 2005
hotangel?r u alright?
make it to where?
Pls be realistic for once angry
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 4:54am On Aug 02, 2005
well i was just flowing with tali-tali
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by toyosi(f): 6:46am On Aug 02, 2005
I am about sick and tired of this Genevieve drama (People sounding like she the hottest thing to ever hit the planet abeg, she is not all that) Genevieve sweetie, you 're alright but you ain't that cute okay,. I think Ms Thing is starting to feel herself a little too much, really, Ol' girl is starting to smell her coochie and thinks she is the best thing since slice bread, but you ain't, don't let those fools deceive you really ain't all that. On a scale of 1-10 i will probably rate you a 6 and thats been generous. I have seen fly ass girls a million times better than you struggling to make it in Hollywood and still ain't cut a break yet. So i suggest you sit you ghetto behind down in Nigeria where you are appreciated.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Latoya(f): 7:37am On Aug 02, 2005
Thank u Toyosi nice advice wink all jenny fans pass it on haha

Wecome to Nairaland toyosi,this place rocks wink
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by sweety: 7:43pm On Aug 04, 2005
i think Genevieve is very talented, drop dead gorgeous, and if there is any Nigerian actress who can make it in hollywood its her...one problem with Africans is that they always have something negative to say... they are always hating and discouraging people who are striving to move forward ( were is the love and support)... so is it then any wonder that we are so backwards!!!

Jenny if you wanna make it to hollywood just work hard and keep flashing your killer smiles...love you to the max...we ain't haters so we've got your back.  wink
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by toyosi(f): 5:35am On Aug 05, 2005
For the record, no one is hating on Ms Genevieve, we are just keeping it real. Did it ever occur to you her so called "fans" that we choose to call a spade a spade as sopposed to sugar coating the issue. It's kind of childish to refer to us as "haters" just because we do not support her crazy dream to become the next Charlize Theron. Abi she think say because that one come from South Africa she go get the same welcome Charlize got? Dream on Genevieve not in this lifetime. Well Genevieve my dear Hollywood is the paradise for dreamers, but i suggest you look forward to waiting tables and valet parking when you get there.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by IAH(f): 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2005
But Genevieve has got something - FANS! Do you know some people actually joined this forum to defend her? I'm tripped! rolleyes
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 9:34pm On Aug 08, 2005
Yes IAH. She has FANS. But those FANS, won't be there in hollywood, when she can't compete with other Hollywood stars. I know most people love her. I do too. But the truth always hurts...she can't be in hollywood.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Jackie(f): 12:31am On Aug 11, 2005
Hey,
After visiting this site just decided to register and say something. SOoooo what is wrong with Genevieve dream out. It's perfectly OK, Hollywood started from a small beginning and if we stop being so negative and pessimistic, we will attain those heights as well, There is no magic in it, If she employed by any industry in Hollywood today trust me she will adapt. All it takes is to step out in faith and plus she has the talents. She said something very interesting which i think if most of would have paid attension to, y'all will no be making all these comments. " The God that she serves will take her to wherever she could go if it is his will": Guys get this straight and let this make some sense into your heads. And plus we have to know that are tongues are a huge power of destruction, instead of praising and encouraging our stars, we are throwing out mockery statements at them. Please this doesn't help. Change your thoughts, your opinion, and direction. See we Africans,we have to change our path of thoughts and believe. Think about it.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 3:33am On Aug 11, 2005
Uhmm. I see some sense in that Jackie.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by toyosi(f): 5:48am On Aug 11, 2005
Think about what? the fact that she has a better chance at winning the mega-million lottery than making it in hollywood? abeg, i could care less if she qouted the bible from Genesis to Revelation fact still remains she has an incredibly slim chance of making it in Hollywood. I know this might be hard for her "fans" to swallow but dammit it the truth. Deal with it !
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 5:50am On Aug 11, 2005
Okay ooo.. I guess miss genny needs to prove some people wrong: Either does that said she won't make it to hollywood..or those that said she'll make it there.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by cutie87: 3:27am On Aug 12, 2005
of course Hollywood is ready for Gene. i know she can make it ya'll bros and sis better stop hating because baby girl's going places. do your thang girl.
   sweetie, if she puts her mind to it , she will definitely make it. kiss wink
if a girl who went to lithonia high school can make it to Hollywood ( a singer) then Gene can definately make it. Hollywood isn't heaven you know.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 3:36am On Aug 12, 2005
Genny needs to prove some people wrong. Genny get your ass up and prove some people wrong now!!!!!!!! Maybe your fans or your non-fans.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Seun(m): 5:47am On Aug 12, 2005
Would Denzel Washington make it in Nollywood?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by WesleyanA(f): 5:48am On Aug 12, 2005
he'll get murdered for being tooo hot.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 5:53am On Aug 12, 2005
Okey dokey. My bad.

Seun which kind question be that?? Dem go rush am! Infact them go kill am..due to jealousy.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by WesleyanA(f): 5:59am On Aug 12, 2005
yeah he's too hot for that kind of place. they'll melt before he gets there
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by maggysexy: 4:19am On Aug 15, 2005
eh hen
owna dey make me dey vex
Genny Abbi waiting be her name say,Hollywood
small time she go say she be celebrity.
i no blame her Na her level be that
she they ninja they oppres. grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by maggysexy: 4:24am On Aug 15, 2005
but let be truthful for once the girl fine o grin
but she short o,
i no know wattin her fans see them they no dey see
girls like ini edo ,okork tall beautifull girls .
i dey chat with some body we just dey talk na the person
say e sister na genevieve fan.
lol.
grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 4:35am On Aug 15, 2005
Uhmm maggysexy, Genny is short...true that. But she has so many fans. If her fans can get her to hollywood, she woulda been their a long time ago.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by WesleyanA(f): 4:49am On Aug 15, 2005
when did she become genny? and she's sooooo not going to get into hollywood.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 4:53am On Aug 15, 2005
They shortened her name to genny.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Seun(m): 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2005
Jacky Chan went on to make it in Hollywood partly because his Chinese films had already found their way to America. He was not a total unknown. Denzel coming to Nigeria might be successful, but only because we all know him already! Acting talent is not a big deal; it is definitely not a guarantee of stardom.

You see, the success of a star depends on a lot of factors one of which is luck. Once you've been fortunate to make it with one set of fans (e.g, for Genevieve, Nollywood fans) the idea of going to a complately different place to launch a new career is like asking for trouble. Talent is not everything that makes a star, so if you're fortunate to have achieved stardom don't abandon your fans thinking you can make new ones..

So I would not advice Genevieve Nnaji to abandon her numerous Nigerian fans and go to Hollywood where she's almost completely unknown. Ghana or South Africa would be better destinations, but you know their markets are not as large as the Nigerian (Nollywood) market! So there's no point in Genevieve Nnaji going to Hollywood. Let her stay here and make herself an even bigger star.

The fact that she could banned by the marketers association shows that she really needs to manage her career herself and have various avenues for reaching her fans. She's a popular star, but she would benefit from being powerful enough to be able to say "get out" to marketers who are unwilling to pay her asking fee!

No, Genevieve Nnaji would not make it in Hollywood, unless she is able to take her fans with her! Success in showbiz is about your ability to attract fans. Hollywood actors are not particularly sophisticated; all they do is act to script. That is what actors everywhere do. Actors have no impact on the quality of the story or the special effects used in a film, so talent cannot be the reason why Genevieve won't succeed in Hollywood.

As a Nigerian, I don't believe that she'll be able to get enough American or international fan following to make hollywood producers want to feature her in films as often as Nigerian producers do!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2005
Seun you are like sooooo wrong.

If she goes to hollywood, her fans would follow her there. If she makes one hollywood movie, the movie will be all over Nigerian web-sites. Do you realise how many fans she has? WHy won't they follow her if she goes to hollywood?? This isn't following her pratically, there's internet and website to promote their favorite NIgerian Actress who is now acting Hollywood movies.

Genevieve can make it in Hollywood if she knows how to get there. Probability of her getting there is just low. But when u talk about her abandoning her fans, that's wrong. Leaving the NIgerian movie industry doesn't nessecarily means she's leaving her fans behind. Besides, when she starts acting hollywood movie, they might consider cancelling her ban. The reason why they call "fans", as FANS is because they will always be their to promote you.

Do you know, aishwarya rai. She acts India movies, her fans followed her to Hollywood.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by nddy(m): 8:01pm On Aug 15, 2005
aisha is no way to be compared to Genny. pls gimmie a break
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 8:03pm On Aug 15, 2005
Because she was miss world 1994?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by vexxy(f): 8:15pm On Aug 15, 2005
First- Why would Denzel want to make it in Nollywood when he's gettin millions to make one movie in Hollywood?

Second- It's not easy to make it Hollywood. You need a license to make movies and you can't get the license until you've acted a movie...tricky.

Third- Genny is a wonderful actress by Nollywood's terms but not by Hollywood's terms and that's just the way it is. Most actors/actresses have connections, money, etc to make it in Hollywood. It's a constant fashion thing. Even in Hollywood there are different levels. You have A listers such as Denzel, Holly Berry, Mel Gibson, then you have B listers who are alright but don't make the amount of money as the A's, then you have the C's and D's who barely get anything but a walk on role and a commercial advertising deoderant.

It's a dream to go to Hollywood. Go if you think you can make it but don't think that it's easy. Don't compare it to Nollywood cause it's on a whole other level. If Nigerian movies follow real life and it's hard, think of how hard it is it do a "make believe movie" and make it believable....which is what acting is all about.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by sage(m): 1:44am On Aug 16, 2005
some people talk of holywood as if it is their backyard,and if it is that simple 4 all of you saying it is ( u seem not to realise that it is another world from nollywood), you could go get urself a role or get one for your dear nollywood stars
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Jackie(f): 4:02am On Aug 16, 2005
Hey there, Just laughed out my lungs, after reading some funny comments. See the truth about Hollywood which we wanna know is that it not all about being pretty and whatever u all may say. It's rather about talents, self confidence, believing in yourself, and having Faith for those who believe in God. These qualities i see in Genevieve that's why i speak in her regards.

See how complex and competitive the Modeling world is? that's says same for Acting. And still whah do we all see today Models from all over the globe, and these tells us that thev'e gat what it takes it go into that industry and succeed. Oluchi a supermodel( from our Origin) where is she now, she is not only about Hollywood, she is about Worldwood if i may say. Where did she come from? selling banana on the streets of Lagos on her head. This says it all. She has the talents, self confidence and determination that altered her steps into this complex world of modelling. I saw her on posters in streets of London, Paris and here in the US she is practically everywhere. I am sure some of u if given the chance to say something about Oluchi, would have been so negative and jealouse as u're now with Genevieve's case.

I brought this example to define the fine line between people who refuse to excell not because they lack the potentials, talents or gifts, but because jealousy, envy, low self exteem, pessimism have all clustered thier minds body and soul leaving no room for prosperity and enlightement; and people who have that dream and are determine to see it come true. That's what we are talking about. You can do it Anybody can do it. It may be hard in the beginning but if you are determine you will DO IT

And for who ever said i quoted the Bible girlfriend the Bible is the LIGHT, TRUTH and WAY like it or not.

I believe in as much as we can chit chat on this forum , we can as well use it as an educational tool cause some of us have a longggggggggg way to go and it's not even funny

Hey hot Angel and Seun thanks for droping my an email
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 4:09am On Aug 16, 2005
Someone is talking at last. You r welcome Jackie. (which email?)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Frodd And Seyi Reconciles, Hug Themselves After Clash Over Alcoholic Beverages / Names Of Interesting Korean Movies / Photos From Bbnaija Old School Themed Saturday Night Party - Week 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.